Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

This game is actually pretty fun...seriouslyFollow

#52 Mar 22 2012 at 2:10 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
I hope not Uk. I hope no one will have to worry about grouping in a few days.

Sure ok. I'll list a few good things about this game:
Can solo main scenario
Party feature
Jon quests
Job specific gear
Gear to use across all classes
Leves for people to do who are casual players *even though they are repetitive and boring*

For me that's about as far as the good goes. If it was that much better now droves of people would have returned instead of just trickling in. Sorry if me being realistic about something puts a damper on the positive parade here. For what my Debbie downer attitude is worth, still looking forward to 2.o.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]850684[/ffxivsig]

"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#53 Mar 22 2012 at 2:13 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,177 posts
LillithaFenimore wrote:

Gear to use across all classes


They changed this. A lot of the old dated gear from around the time you stopped playing is being phased out and has lower stats based off the old damage algorithms. The new gear more or less has required classes and required levels.

I'm also surprised you made no mention at all about the grand company content.

Edited, Mar 22nd 2012 1:14pm by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#54 Mar 22 2012 at 2:25 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
I can't vouch for grand company cause I never had the opportunity to do it. Something always came up. So never got far. So I refuse to judge it good or bad.

Oh about the gear thing...f*&! >:(
____________________________
[ffxivsig]850684[/ffxivsig]

"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#55 Mar 22 2012 at 6:03 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
7,821 posts
Grand Companies are pretty sick. Got some nice gear and with the new trade in NM drops/Bad DH gear for seals it makes it all worth while. I love spiritbonding so the Patriot's Bracelet is awesome. Ul'Dah Hoplon is nice, not as good as other GC shields bit 131 block rate is still daymnnnn...

Oh and I'd like to say I love Warrior. You like can't die. I was mass pulling wolves with 1 White Mage getting chain 17+s with almost no risk of dying. Also its hard to lose hate as well. I don't like nerfs generally and in this situation i feel it is unwarranted. Warriors are great the way they are. With that being said though, something needs to be done because Warrior has basically made Paladin obsolete other than for kiting purposes. I love the way they designed Paladin but SE needs to either nerf Warrior or boost Paladin to reach a tanking balance. I prefer the latter of the two but nerfing seems to be the model MMOs follow. I hope not though!
____________________________

[ffxivsig]252890[/ffxivsig]
#56 Mar 22 2012 at 6:08 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
If you have played XI you know SE will only nerf.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]850684[/ffxivsig]

"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#57 Mar 22 2012 at 6:12 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Paladin really got the short end of the stick. The gear isn't really up to par, and I'm puzzled on why it has less HP than it should need.

They said fixes are coming to PLD in 1.21a, so I'm interested to see how it goes. Because our LS is using Warrior for tanking until the patch.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#58 Mar 22 2012 at 7:32 PM Rating: Good
Guru
***
1,310 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
This. This x1000. I hate the new Final Fantasy XI. Hate it with a passion, but I don't go on their boards and repeatedly say in every thread that I dislike re-hashed x system or new y level cap. I just don't post anything, am respectful to the thread, and I see anything of interest, I will return to that game.


The difference with FFXIV is that SE admitted they screwed up and they want to make it up to their players. They are going to relaunch the whole **** thing next year and they're looking for feedback. So, why is it so surprising that people are offering it?

You should be more worried if no one shows up and offers criticism because they have "respectfully" given up all hope on this game. It probably means they'll never be back. And this game needs more customers to survive. So stop chasing people away with a stick if they're unhappy with something. A hostile, unwelcoming community is the last thing FFXIV needs. We all know the game needs improvement. It doesn't serve anyone's interest to pretend that it doesn't.
#59 Mar 22 2012 at 7:46 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
7,821 posts
Quote:
They said fixes are coming to PLD in 1.21a, so I'm interested to see how it goes.


That's good to hear. Literally in all aspects of tanking warrior is just superior. Maybe more emphasis on damage reduction is needed to paladin to make up for the high hp of warriors. It seems like that was the plan from the beginning but it certainly didn't turn out like that lol.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]252890[/ffxivsig]
#60 Mar 22 2012 at 8:18 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
LOL, chasing people with sticks...Not even gonna go there XD LOL Thanks for the chuckle Xoie :D
____________________________
[ffxivsig]850684[/ffxivsig]

"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#61 Mar 22 2012 at 8:31 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
7,821 posts
Quote:
You should be more worried if no one shows up and offers criticism because they have "respectfully" given up all hope on this game. It probably means they'll never be back. And this game needs more customers to survive. So stop chasing people away with a stick if they're unhappy with something. A hostile, unwelcoming community is the last thing FFXIV needs. We all know the game needs improvement. It doesn't serve anyone's interest to pretend that it doesn't


I respectfully honor your right to do what you want to do. However, this is more of a thread to talk about the aspects of the game you like or like to see or like to see improve not what you dislike. There are plenty of threads for you to post in about what you don't like about the game.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]252890[/ffxivsig]
#62 Mar 22 2012 at 8:36 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
And beating people with sticks apparently... XD
____________________________
[ffxivsig]850684[/ffxivsig]

"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#63 Mar 22 2012 at 8:43 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
****
7,821 posts
LIKE THIS GAME OR ELSE! /beatwithstick
____________________________

[ffxivsig]252890[/ffxivsig]
#64 Mar 22 2012 at 9:04 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Nashua wrote:
LIKE THIS GAME OR ELSE! /beatwithstick


Careful now, we don't know some of these forum goers...they may like that. Me on the other hand...do not beat witha stick...please...I'll have to then whip out the worst weapon I have in my ************ annoying toddlers toy that's won't stop playing XD
____________________________
[ffxivsig]850684[/ffxivsig]

"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#65 Mar 22 2012 at 11:40 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
181 posts
Nashua wrote:
I'm getting annoyed by all the hate. Hate, hate, hate. How about some love for once? This thread is dedicated to how much this game has improved. Long live FFXIV!

Here, here! I'm with you sir. I'm having a blast playing right now and I even made a new character to build up. The game's not perfect... and probably never will be... but its definitely enjoyable to play now. I think a lot of us are blind to how much content is really in the game because we have all 50 battle classes. On my new guy I've yet to find a moment where I wasn't doing something fun and didn't have something exciting to look forward to :P
#66 Mar 23 2012 at 1:55 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Xoie wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
This. This x1000. I hate the new Final Fantasy XI. Hate it with a passion, but I don't go on their boards and repeatedly say in every thread that I dislike re-hashed x system or new y level cap. I just don't post anything, am respectful to the thread, and I see anything of interest, I will return to that game.


The difference with FFXIV is that SE admitted they screwed up and they want to make it up to their players. They are going to relaunch the whole **** thing next year and they're looking for feedback. So, why is it so surprising that people are offering it?

You should be more worried if no one shows up and offers criticism because they have "respectfully" given up all hope on this game. It probably means they'll never be back. And this game needs more customers to survive. So stop chasing people away with a stick if they're unhappy with something. A hostile, unwelcoming community is the last thing FFXIV needs. We all know the game needs improvement. It doesn't serve anyone's interest to pretend that it doesn't.


That's not what I was getting at.

There's a difference between people who played at launch, didn't like the game, and are sitting by waiting for the game to improve and offering changes along the way (people who I actually rate up and offer input), and people who have long given up on the game and have nothing better to do than post away their hatred over a product they bought two years ago. There's a clear difference between these posters, and they're generally the ones who detract from a totally un-related thread to make it known to us posters that they hate the game. Those are the people I'm tired of seeing post.

The game is not perfect by any means (or people wouldn't have left in droves), and I wholeheartedly agreed from the start that there needs to be nothing short of an complete overhaul for this game to survive. I am in no way saying it doesn't, and I'm not chasing those people away with a stick.

You say a hostile, unwelcoming community is the last thing that FFXIV needs, but yet I occasionally see posts here that the community stinks because of the hostility between the two sides. If you defend S-E, you're seen as a white knight and told to go to the official forums, etc. If you hate S-E, you're seen as a troll. I just wish there would be some middle-ground here.

---

Sorry... went off topic.

As for what I would like to see improved in the game. Linkshell management tools. As a linkshell leader of a fairly large linkshell, I have the occasional person who quits the game, and doesn't drop their pearl. Because of this, I'm afraid to recruit openly because of the 128 cap and the inability to remove people who no longer play from the linkshell list.

Also, Paladin can use maybe 500 or so HP. Because of Warrior's godly tanking ability given to them this patch, Paladin got pushed to the side, and it's unfortunate because it's traditionally been my favorite job in other Final Fantasy games.

Edited, Mar 23rd 2012 1:14am by UltKnightGrover

Edited, Mar 23rd 2012 1:15am by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#67 Mar 23 2012 at 9:34 AM Rating: Excellent
33 posts
After reading just about every comment we can find on the state of the game, my wife and I have recently decided to come back for the first time since launch. It seems like the people who are willing to overlook the inconveniences are having a blast right now, and SE has done a lot to improve on the problems.

But the criticism has been equally helpful. We have a good idea of what we're getting into, and our expectations are realistic. I think the biggest problem at launch, for me at least, was how high my expectations were. I really wanted this game to be everything I loved about FFXI, but with the conveniences of a modern MMO. Hopefully, by 2.0, it will get there.

See you guys online in a week or so once our new pcs arrive.
#68 Mar 24 2012 at 12:56 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
7,821 posts
StasisKorial wrote:
See you guys online in a week or so once our new pcs arrive.


Welcome back! Enjoy yourself!
____________________________

[ffxivsig]252890[/ffxivsig]
1 2 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 27 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (27)