Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

2.0 teaser?Follow

#1 Apr 03 2012 at 7:15 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Hey people! Who thinks that a tiny small new teaser session for the 2.0 resease is overdue?
I know Yoshi is smart to keep his cards hidden for as long as possible in order to really have
a "big bang" available for re-reviews, but... it wouldn't hurt to at least hear about some of the
planned changes to gameplay mechanics either. Just a little teasing. Something along the
lines of "There may be mechanics that require the player to do more than to stack up stats
and rotate his skills... something that requires precise timing, a close observation of the
situation, group coordination and quick reactions. Complex enemies who neither follow
simple scripts nor fixed attack patterns nor require you to stand in a fixed spot. Intense
battles with a functioning risk/reward distribution. Working collision detection and hitboxes.
Lag-free interactions. Blind status effects that actually darken your screen. Confuse spells
that switch your button layout. Slow spells that re-intruduce the 2010 alpha feeling (press
button, wait 4 minutes, watch attack animation). More than 4 faces per race. Catboys for
sexually undecided goth teens. Shantoto. Heartbreaking naivity typical for Final Fantasy.
Bubbly Bernie. A jump button than allows me to explore what's behind that 2-inch-fence.
A number of choice weapons for every job. Weaponskills and combos that actually make
me feel the "bam" - that feeling of latent guilt you get from landing a real hit on something.
Cross-country chocobo racing."

...well, time to stop daydreaming and get back to work.
#2 Apr 03 2012 at 9:24 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,177 posts
We're getting a new E3 trailer of 2.0 in about two months. That will probably be the first time we see it in action.

Edited, Apr 3rd 2012 8:24am by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#3 Apr 03 2012 at 9:51 AM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Yeah, just wait until E3... the real release of 2.0 is still well over half a year away. :)


Edited, Apr 3rd 2012 11:51am by KaneKitty
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#4 Apr 03 2012 at 9:55 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
But I don't wanna wait til E3... Smiley: frown
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#5 Apr 03 2012 at 10:07 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
852 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Yeah, just wait until E3... the real release of 2.0 is still well over half a year away. :)


Are you being cautiously optimistic or slyly sassy? I'm hoping for the latter.
____________________________
#6 Apr 03 2012 at 10:38 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
I'm honestly interested because most of you know by now I'm optimistic about the whole 2.0 thing. Tanaka made a giant mistake by allowing the E3 trailers leading to the release of the launch have majority of CG which was not very representative at all about the original FFXIV.

Although Yoshi has stated that he will show more gameplay than CGI in this upcoming trailer, if it's going to hide a lot of the gameplay aspects of 2.0, my optimism can die very quickly.

Things I'm hoping to see in the upcoming E3 trailer:

Previews of MMO features that should have been there from the start: Auction house, delivery system, linkshell management tools.
Some of the re-designed Eorzea (especially black shroud)
A preview of new classes or increase in level cap
Some of the new character-creation features
A PS3 beta release date
Some kind of special reward for us sticking it out until 2.0

Edited, Apr 3rd 2012 9:41am by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#7 Apr 03 2012 at 11:00 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
24 posts
Quote:
Some kind of special reward for us sticking it out until 2.0

Goobue mount, reduced sub fees and the end of the world stuff coming this summer. I doubt we will get much more than that.
#8 Apr 03 2012 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Yeah, just wait until E3... the real release of 2.0 is still well over half a year away. :)


Are you being cautiously optimistic or slyly sassy? I'm hoping for the latter.


Well, assuming 2.0 goes into beta somewhat on schedule (near December 2012 ~ January 2013), it should be released in about... eleven months or a year... oh, I think I see what you mean. >_>
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#9 Apr 03 2012 at 12:09 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
They should not reward stupidity <.< If you chose to stay and pay for the development of their game, your reward should be to be able to play 2.0 and that is It. You already got a mount and are able to experience EQ/Wow cataclysm on a FF setting.

Also hope that 2.0 trailer looks as good as those pictures they sold you guys XD!
____________________________
MUTED
#10 Apr 03 2012 at 12:14 PM Rating: Good
***
3,825 posts
Ostia wrote:
They should not reward stupidity <.< If you chose to stay and pay for the development of their game, your reward should be to be able to play 2.0 and that is It. You already got a mount and are able to experience EQ/Wow cataclysm on a FF setting.

Also hope that 2.0 trailer looks as good as those pictures they sold you guys XD!


So you're saying those of us paying and enjoying the game in its current state are stupid?
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#11 Apr 03 2012 at 12:22 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Perrin, ****** Superhero wrote:
Ostia wrote:
They should not reward stupidity <.< If you chose to stay and pay for the development of their game, your reward should be to be able to play 2.0 and that is It. You already got a mount and are able to experience EQ/Wow cataclysm on a FF setting.

Also hope that 2.0 trailer looks as good as those pictures they sold you guys XD!


So you're saying those of us paying and enjoying the game in its current state are stupid?


Err. Apparently? :|

However I don't think so. I just think it's different strokes for different folks :| That would be like me saying someone is in a complete state of stupidity because they chose to eat horomone treated meat instead of non-horomone treated meat (Yes I'm one of those people who spends an arm and a leg on humanely treated meat ><; No I don't think people who chose not to eat the way I do is stupid ><;)

Again, different strokes for different folks...

Ostia,
I tend to see eye to eye on many things you and other post...err but insinuating that many are in a perpetual state of stupidity is a bit harsh :| Just sayin' It's their money, if this is how they chose to spend it, that is their perogative and really shouldn't be judged for it, even if you and many see it as a complete waste.

Edit:
Ding! Post 1.5 k ^_^ yay!

Edited, Apr 3rd 2012 2:23pm by LillithaFenimore
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#12 Apr 03 2012 at 12:58 PM Rating: Good
***
1,606 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Yeah, just wait until E3... the real release of 2.0 is still well over half a year away. :)


Are you being cautiously optimistic or slyly sassy? I'm hoping for the latter.

When isn't KaneKitty being at least a little sassy?
#13 Apr 03 2012 at 1:01 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
I like sassy at certain times >_>; Gaming is not meant for sass! It is serious business!
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#14 Apr 03 2012 at 1:07 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
852 posts
MrTalos wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Yeah, just wait until E3... the real release of 2.0 is still well over half a year away. :)


Are you being cautiously optimistic or slyly sassy? I'm hoping for the latter.

When isn't KaneKitty being at least a little sassy?


You make a good point. Game. Set. Match.
____________________________
#15 Apr 03 2012 at 2:23 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
MrTalos wrote:
When isn't KaneKitty being at least a little sassy?
You make a good point. Game. Set. Match.
G-guys! You could have at least waited for some in-thread sass... D:

...

Ostia wrote:
You already got... to experience EQ/Wow cataclysm on a FF setting.
Oh, you mean release?
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#16 Apr 03 2012 at 3:50 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Ostia wrote:
They should not reward stupidity <.<


Uncalled for.

I (and others) happen to enjoy the game, I understand that you don't (as you've said a million times and a million different threads). But I'm hoping we get some kind of special furniture that gives a special effect or equipment or something for sticking around rather than something that's purely used as an aesthetic.



Edited, Apr 3rd 2012 2:50pm by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#17 Apr 03 2012 at 5:16 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
As Ostia's statement referring to not picking a group of favorites, I do happen to agree. I think not having to re-roll at 2.o and getting to keep all progress and having special cutscenes leading to the rerelease I think should be reward enough for staying and p2p.

At 2.o, many new players will not get the experience many have received for sticking by SE during a very trying time for them.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#18 Apr 03 2012 at 5:46 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
117 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Yeah, just wait until E3... the real release of 2.0 is still well over half a year away. :)


Are you being cautiously optimistic or slyly sassy? I'm hoping for the latter.


At least his claim is based on the fact that SE announced it for a November release...your claim is just you asshating because you think you can read the future and aren't so sure SE is gonna get it out on time. I hope they do you one better and it releases earlier but Jesus dude 2 years you've kept up this act and it's so stale. Yes SE sucked the big one but they're still more accomplished than every single one of their customers. It's not about defending SE for me but I guess I just hate arrogance and this ego-centric attitude so many forum dwellers have where everyone is an expert at everything. @&$! Even when the tsunami hit Japan some idiot on the main forums stated his concern about the company's well being (forget the people) and a couple days later said they should be back on track already regardless of the severity of the incidents - he's obviously an everything seismic specialist....not to mention the countless business men, accountants, video game designers, project managers, CEOs, and visionaries that run amok on our forums...wow what an arrogant society that thinks it knows everything. Phewwww I'm done venting.
#19 Apr 03 2012 at 6:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
kyara10 wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Yeah, just wait until E3... the real release of 2.0 is still well over half a year away. :)


Are you being cautiously optimistic or slyly sassy? I'm hoping for the latter.


At least his claim is based on the fact that SE announced it for a November release...your claim is just you asshating because you think you can read the future and aren't so sure SE is gonna get it out on time. I hope they do you one better and it releases earlier but Jesus dude 2 years you've kept up this act and it's so stale. Yes SE sucked the big one but they're still more accomplished than every single one of their customers. It's not about defending SE for me but I guess I just hate arrogance and this ego-centric attitude so many forum dwellers have where everyone is an expert at everything. @&$! Even when the tsunami hit Japan some idiot on the main forums stated his concern about the company's well being (forget the people) and a couple days later said they should be back on track already regardless of the severity of the incidents - he's obviously an everything seismic specialist....not to mention the countless business men, accountants, video game designers, project managers, CEOs, and visionaries that run amok on our forums...wow what an arrogant society that thinks it knows everything. Phewwww I'm done venting.


IDK, I don't think Kane and Hex are trying to be a$$hats heres. I think they are just trying to make light of a stinky situation in their pov. That is the way I'm kinda reading their posts.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#20 Apr 03 2012 at 7:11 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
117 posts
Maybe not, either way just wanted to get that off my chest. Hex has been on these forums bashing SE over the head for the last two years and absolutely nothing can go right with this company in his own mind. Again I don't really care about SE, for all i care they can crash and burn and life will go on fine for me without the, but it's just that know-it-all attitude that's annoying.

And yea I did read the initial post wrong, but I'll keep my post up since its been quoted already and I've derailed the topic as is anyway.

Edited, Apr 3rd 2012 9:19pm by kyara10
#21 Apr 03 2012 at 7:59 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
LillithaFenimore wrote:
Perrin, ****** Superhero wrote:
Ostia wrote:
They should not reward stupidity <.< If you chose to stay and pay for the development of their game, your reward should be to be able to play 2.0 and that is It. You already got a mount and are able to experience EQ/Wow cataclysm on a FF setting.

Also hope that 2.0 trailer looks as good as those pictures they sold you guys XD!


So you're saying those of us paying and enjoying the game in its current state are stupid?


Err. Apparently? :|

However I don't think so. I just think it's different strokes for different folks :| That would be like me saying someone is in a complete state of stupidity because they chose to eat horomone treated meat instead of non-horomone treated meat (Yes I'm one of those people who spends an arm and a leg on humanely treated meat ><; No I don't think people who chose not to eat the way I do is stupid ><;)

Again, different strokes for different folks...

Ostia,
I tend to see eye to eye on many things you and other post...err but insinuating that many are in a perpetual state of stupidity is a bit harsh :| Just sayin' It's their money, if this is how they chose to spend it, that is their perogative and really shouldn't be judged for it, even if you and many see it as a complete waste.

Edit:
Ding! Post 1.5 k ^_^ yay!

Edited, Apr 3rd 2012 2:23pm by LillithaFenimore


There is a vast majority of the player base that have been in a perpetual state of stupidity since pre-release, when most beta testers said this game would fail, the response was "Wait until release is beta, obviously you are not playing the real game" then at release and the weeks following it, anybody who complained was met with the all familiar "If you dont like it go back to wow, this is a REAL MMO, obviously you cannot appreciate art or w/e you call this game at release lol" and then it was the golden patch, oh boy where we waiting for that one for a while, and along the way we all came to know and hate all the familiar excuses people came up in order to defend SE: Oh they changed the teams gotta give them time(In reality they changed a few heads not the entire teams :/) Oh you gotta lay the foundation you know, they are changing the battle system, gotta wait for that, then that came and went, and we moved on to Oh the servers are ****** man, SE had 2 monkeys make it, so gotta wait till they change that too, then SE finally showed their hand, they where not working on a miracle patch, or a foundation, they decided to just make a new game, and have you pay for it along the way, but you who are now basically our shareholders and wallets to pay for this new games development shall not rake in the profits oh nononono if the game is good, well you get to pay us 14.99 a month, and if it fails well sucks to be you.

Tell me how a Multi billion corporation gets a group of 20-25K people to pay for the development of their game, and beta test it as well, all the while developing and targeting said game to a group of people that cannot be more far away in terms of what they want and are looking for in a game, from the people that are paying the development of it, if not by praying on the stupidity of said player base ? If you think SE target with 2.0 are the 20-25k people who currently support the game, and that they are making it out of the goodness of their hearts because they messed up, well then you deserve to be called stupid.

And if the hat fits, wear it ;)
____________________________
MUTED
#22 Apr 03 2012 at 8:03 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Ostia wrote:
They should not reward stupidity <.<


Uncalled for.

I (and others) happen to enjoy the game, I understand that you don't (as you've said a million times and a million different threads). But I'm hoping we get some kind of special furniture that gives a special effect or equipment or something for sticking around rather than something that's purely used as an aesthetic.



Edited, Apr 3rd 2012 2:50pm by UltKnightGrover


I hope you don't get anything that is not purely aesthetic, that is all you should get, i mean are you supporting SE because you love this game and wanna see it succeed or because you want a shiny item that nobody else can get come 2.0 ?

Anything that is not aesthetic should be off the table, the current player base already has an infinite advantage on levels, classes, mats, resources, gil etc etc, why deepen the disparity once 2.0 releases by giving items that affect gameplay ? (If that is what you meant, if you want a piece of table or something silly like that, knock yourself out, i'm only speaking on in game items that would boost stats etc etc.
____________________________
MUTED
#23 Apr 03 2012 at 8:14 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Ostia,

I understand where your feelings toward this game and SE come from, but to insinuate people are stupid for not liking or agreeing with you is just flat out mean. There are other ways of making your point instead of resorting to name calling. Again it's different strokes for different folks.

You are very much so entitled to your opinion as so are others. And we are all here for friendly debates and such, but I just think name calling discredits your pov and is not necessary. If people wish to pay for something you think sucks but they enjoy, that is okay. It's not hurting you.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#24 Apr 03 2012 at 8:36 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
852 posts
kyara10 wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Yeah, just wait until E3... the real release of 2.0 is still well over half a year away. :)


Are you being cautiously optimistic or slyly sassy? I'm hoping for the latter.


At least his claim is based on the fact that SE announced it for a November release...your claim is just you asshating because you think you can read the future and aren't so sure SE is gonna get it out on time. I hope they do you one better and it releases earlier but Jesus dude 2 years you've kept up this act and it's so stale. Yes SE sucked the big one but they're still more accomplished than every single one of their customers. It's not about defending SE for me but I guess I just hate arrogance and this ego-centric attitude so many forum dwellers have where everyone is an expert at everything. @&$! Even when the tsunami hit Japan some idiot on the main forums stated his concern about the company's well being (forget the people) and a couple days later said they should be back on track already regardless of the severity of the incidents - he's obviously an everything seismic specialist....not to mention the countless business men, accountants, video game designers, project managers, CEOs, and visionaries that run amok on our forums...wow what an arrogant society that thinks it knows everything. Phewwww I'm done venting.


Oh for crissakes, put it in a Hallmark. I'm entitled to my opinion and I know you're entitled to yours.
____________________________
#25 Apr 03 2012 at 8:47 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
LillithaFenimore wrote:
Ostia,

I understand where your feelings toward this game and SE come from, but to insinuate people are stupid for not liking or agreeing with you is just flat out mean. There are other ways of making your point instead of resorting to name calling. Again it's different strokes for different folks.

You are very much so entitled to your opinion as so are others. And we are all here for friendly debates and such, but I just think name calling discredits your pov and is not necessary. If people wish to pay for something you think sucks but they enjoy, that is okay. It's not hurting you.


But it is hurting me, because you( and by you i mean people that pay for anything SE throws their way) are basically telling SE "Hey if you sell us a piece of flaming dog ****, but you put Final Fantasy on it, i will buy it, and i will continue to buy it over and over, so don't you even worry about delivering quality goods, as long as it says Final Fantasy, i will buy it regardless of the quality" and that is why the company is in the shape it Is. See had we not stick it to SE when the game bombed, do you honestly think they would have come out and said "Hey even tho the game has sold 800k copies, and we have had a retention rate of 100% past the trial time, we know the game is not up to par with what we as a company thrive to put out, so we promise to fix and improve the game because we are just that awesome to the people that support us." **** No! Just the fact that it took them weeks to come out with a statement when in all honesty, the game at release was the same and beta and we gave them ****, shows that they in all honesty tho the majority of players where just gonna eat it up, and they where gonna go laughing all the way to the bank :/

So it does hurt me, because i do enjoy products from SE, for example 2 of my top 3 RPGs of all time where made by Squaresoft that being Xenogears and FFVI, so when the company starts developing bad games, because they know people will buy anything they put out regardless of the quality, it does affect other people :/
____________________________
MUTED
#26 Apr 03 2012 at 9:21 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
117 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
kyara10 wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Yeah, just wait until E3... the real release of 2.0 is still well over half a year away. :)


Are you being cautiously optimistic or slyly sassy? I'm hoping for the latter.


At least his claim is based on the fact that SE announced it for a November release...your claim is just you asshating because you think you can read the future and aren't so sure SE is gonna get it out on time. I hope they do you one better and it releases earlier but Jesus dude 2 years you've kept up this act and it's so stale. Yes SE sucked the big one but they're still more accomplished than every single one of their customers. It's not about defending SE for me but I guess I just hate arrogance and this ego-centric attitude so many forum dwellers have where everyone is an expert at everything. @&$! Even when the tsunami hit Japan some idiot on the main forums stated his concern about the company's well being (forget the people) and a couple days later said they should be back on track already regardless of the severity of the incidents - he's obviously an everything seismic specialist....not to mention the countless business men, accountants, video game designers, project managers, CEOs, and visionaries that run amok on our forums...wow what an arrogant society that thinks it knows everything. Phewwww I'm done venting.


Oh for crissakes, put it in a Hallmark. I'm entitled to my opinion and I know you're entitled to yours.

Thank you, I completely agree with you on this point and I'd rather put my opinion right here on the forums where everyone can see it.
#27 Apr 03 2012 at 10:07 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Sorry, duplicate post. See below.

Edited, Apr 3rd 2012 9:16pm by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#28 Apr 03 2012 at 10:07 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Ostia wrote:

So it does hurt me,


And calling people stupid that do not agree with your views isn't hurtful?

Edited, Apr 3rd 2012 9:10pm by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#29 Apr 03 2012 at 10:31 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Ostia wrote:

So it does hurt me,


And calling people stupid that do not agree with your views isn't hurtful?

Edited, Apr 3rd 2012 9:10pm by UltKnightGrover


Stupidity hurt's sometimes, what can i say ?
____________________________
MUTED
#30 Apr 03 2012 at 11:47 PM Rating: Good
**
542 posts
kyara10 wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Yeah, just wait until E3... the real release of 2.0 is still well over half a year away. :)


Are you being cautiously optimistic or slyly sassy? I'm hoping for the latter.


Yes SE sucked the big one but they're still more accomplished than every single one of their customers.


Comparing individual people with a corporate entity that employs thousands isn't exactly a valid comparison
#31 Apr 04 2012 at 12:19 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,962 posts
Isn't the Goobbue mount exclusively available pre-2.0?

As far as any other rewards, I don't think it's really necessary, though perhaps some sort of unique title or titles couldn't hurt. Ideally, I would like them to leave the old data in the game, so that pre-2.0 cutscenes could be re-watched by players who were around pre-2.0, for quests etc. that disappear or change dramatically. I'm curious to see how they will handle this, actually...

As far as release date, isn't there a timeline on the Lodestone? We'll essentially be beta testing 2.0 this fall, and a new retail package will be hitting in the winter, no?
#32 Apr 04 2012 at 12:31 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
PS3 users will be beta testing this fall. I don't know how it's going to work for us PC-players. All I know is that we will be getting a new free trial period after the launch of 2.0.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#33 Apr 04 2012 at 12:31 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
117 posts
Susanoh wrote:
kyara10 wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Yeah, just wait until E3... the real release of 2.0 is still well over half a year away. :)


Are you being cautiously optimistic or slyly sassy? I'm hoping for the latter.


Yes SE sucked the big one but they're still more accomplished than every single one of their customers.


Comparing individual people with a corporate entity that employs thousands isn't exactly a valid comparison


My point is they're more qualified and experienced to do more than most of us in different aspects. Of course you're right, it's an unfair comparison, but if we turn to the individuals that make up this corporation, we can see just how talented this multi billion yen giant really is and why it's stood atop the JRPG genre for the last 3 decades. My point being the minute someone's ideas don't comply with something SE has done/is doing, they push out their opinions on the subject as if they're the pros and most of the time they sound arrogant and obnoxious (please keep in mind that I'm not saying giving your opinion is bad, but the way you do it can be when the world revolves around you). Doesn't matter anyway, I said my piece, Im not trying to change anyone, I know majority of forum goers are teenagers and when I was a teen I too knew everything and no one can tell me otherwise. I just think this is the product of a faulty society where we all hate our knowledge being questioned and we argue our points to the death and marginalize anyone who stands against you regardless of how valid their input is. I think people should embrace being critiqued and questioned and brainstorm ideas with other people because it makes us much smarter and more critical in our thinking. Lol this has turned into a pseudo therapeutic session, ok...back on topic............what was it again?

Edited, Apr 4th 2012 2:33am by kyara10

Edited, Apr 4th 2012 2:34am by kyara10
#34 Apr 04 2012 at 1:53 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
^^^ Great Points!! But how come beta testers knew this game was gonna flop, told SE and SE ignored them and went ahead and launched and stilled BOMBED! I mean they are a multi billion corporation with thousands of talented people Right ? Yet you can ask anybody here on this board or on any board, if they had been given a copy of the game 3 months before release and asked "Do we launch or not" and probably 100% will say No"

Oh and also they only really dominated the 90's, the 80's was all DQ and from 2003+ they went downhill :/
____________________________
MUTED
#35 Apr 04 2012 at 1:59 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
88 posts
Ostia wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Ostia wrote:

So it does hurt me,


And calling people stupid that do not agree with your views isn't hurtful?

Edited, Apr 3rd 2012 9:10pm by UltKnightGrover


Stupidity hurt's sometimes, what can i say ?


Yeah, I can see you point. Your logic sure ... hurt's.

When FFXIV was released people who have bene playing Beta expected to find improvements while people who did not play Beta expected a solid game.

How do you find out how a game is? By buying it. What is so stupid about that?

So the game turned out to be a disappointment. How did SE respond? By not charging, hoping people would continuee to play.

Later, SE worked on FFXIV and announced 2.0. Quite a number of players already think that the game is playable and are looking forward to play while the game will be changed into 2.0. Now you could say that they think FFXIV is already worth the money. That would make it THEIR decision as a consumer. It's THEIR taste. To call someone's taste STUPID is rather...arrogant? After all, you sem to assume that your taste is better.

But let us also take their decision to pay for FFXIV the way it is now as an investment in future enjoyment. They believe that 2.0 is going to be awesome and are willing to assist SE in making it happen. You think this is stupid as well? Apparently you do. Apparently you already know how 2.0 is going to be and I bet that you already have it in writing what SE will do if no one would pay to enjoy FFXIV and to see 2.0. Cause you are a wise person who makes wise, rational decisions. You already know that SE would take their loss and come up wit a way better game than 2.0 in 2014 or maybe 2015. Right?

Of course you don't. You just use the same logic as the people who blame stupid people for today's billboard 200. If your music is not in it, it's because of stupid people. And that seems to hurt you.

Grow a thicker skin and move on.

Edited, Apr 4th 2012 5:12am by Woofdram
#36 Apr 04 2012 at 7:17 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,606 posts
Ostia wrote:
There is a vast majority of the player base that have been in a perpetual state of stupidity since pre-release, when most beta testers said this game would fail, the response was "Wait until release is beta, obviously you are not playing the real game"

In fairness.. Who could have EVER imagined SE would release a game in such a condition. The brains of fans of SE's games could not process the idea that SE intentionally released a game that was years away from being ready for release. Who would imagine any big name company would release a game in such a state? It still bugs the crap out of me (I know I should get over it and am **** hurt or whatever) because I found it freaking insulting! The game was no where near ready. Not by any stretch of the imagination. They played upon my brand loyalty and belief that no one would release a game like that.
#37 Apr 04 2012 at 7:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
88 posts
MrTalos wrote:
Ostia wrote:
There is a vast majority of the player base that have been in a perpetual state of stupidity since pre-release, when most beta testers said this game would fail, the response was "Wait until release is beta, obviously you are not playing the real game"

In fairness.. Who could have EVER imagined SE would release a game in such a condition. The brains of fans of SE's games could not process the idea that SE intentionally released a game that was years away from being ready for release. Who would imagine any big name company would release a game in such a state? It still bugs the crap out of me (I know I should get over it and am **** hurt or whatever) because I found it freaking insulting! The game was no where near ready. Not by any stretch of the imagination. They played upon my brand loyalty and belief that no one would release a game like that.


Hear hear!

Couldn't agree more. No clue what they were thinking back then and I never expected them to release the game in a state very close to the beta version.

Edited, Apr 4th 2012 9:25am by Woofdram
#38 Apr 04 2012 at 7:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Quote:
In fairness.. Who could have EVER imagined SE would release a game in such a condition.


Pretty much that, yes. When I played the pre-alpha at the ... uh... 2009 something gamescom in Germany, I already felt that this may not be the cute-and-stylish game I had expected. But my mind simply refused to process that input. It took me aeons to actually churn through that data, until I finally quit in April 2011. Now I don't say there is not some fun to be found in what the game has become since; the point is just: I am a little brat spoiled by many years of gaming, and I have come to expect infinitely more than what there is. And taking a step back and looking at it from a perspective that's broken the spell of brainwashing, I just realized: other games are in no way perfect either. But there are so many titles that offer infinitely more fun for the time being.

Best luck for 2.0, Yoshi. I really hope you can manage to surprise me just as much as Tanaka did in 2009. Just in the opposite direction.
#39 Apr 04 2012 at 7:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Ostia,

Maybe it hurt you financially, I knOw I'm po'ed about havig to have bought a brand new rig to run it well and not just at subpar levels. But the thing is, if by the users paying to play what you and many feels is a craptastic game is hurting you, then just "buyer beware" with SE games from now on. Grow thicker skin and move on to another game and company loyalty, Lord knows there are an abundanceofngames out there including MMO's that are worth your money and attention more than FFXIV.

But calling people stupid... Again devalues your pov and makes it hard for the forum goers to take your opinions and posts seriously.

Btw, if you (and I mean you Ostia), if you are buying I humanely treated meats... I think you are stupid and cruel. Stupid for eating meat that basically lives knee deep in its own crap for its entire life... And cruel for supporting such farming practices. It's hurting me by driving up the prices on humanely treated meats... So effin stop it man! You are messing with my pocket book...

(Hope that little paragraph helps you see where I am coming from)
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#40 Apr 04 2012 at 7:47 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,606 posts
LillithaFenimore wrote:
Btw, if you (and I mean you Ostia), if you are buying I humanely treated meats... I think you are stupid and cruel. Stupid for eating meat that basically lives knee deep in its own crap for its entire life... And cruel for supporting such farming practices. It's hurting me by driving up the prices on humanely treated meats... So effin stop it man!

**** Hippy! Smiley: wink
#41 Apr 04 2012 at 7:56 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
MrTalos wrote:
LillithaFenimore wrote:
Btw, if you (and I mean you Ostia), if you are buying I humanely treated meats... I think you are stupid and cruel. Stupid for eating meat that basically lives knee deep in its own crap for its entire life... And cruel for supporting such farming practices. It's hurting me by driving up the prices on humanely treated meats... So effin stop it man!

**** Hippy! Smiley: wink


Lol. Sorry! I just can't fathom the thought of eating meat that has literally been living knee deep in its own fecal matter all it's life >_<; There is a farm here, I think it's Tyson brand chickens, where the coops are all dark, no light is allowed in, the chickens have antibiotics in their feed and water to keep them from getting sick from living in their own fecal matter... I mean ew >_< blah. I won't eat it! However, I will not judge people for choosing to eat mass produced meat.

The thing is its cheaper to produce, which is budget friendly for many people...My lifestyle is my choice and something I have to live with. I am doing what I think is best for me and my family. And so are others.

This goes for even choosing something like entertainment. If people wish to pay for FFXIV, and they get enjoyment out of it, then great. I'm happy for them, but I wouldn't dare judge them on it. It's their choice and they need to do what makes them happy.

Smiley: nodSmiley: nodSmiley: cool
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#42 Apr 04 2012 at 7:58 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
I will say this much, I did learn my lesson. Final Fantasy XIV was the last Final Fantasy game I bought on release day. I haven't even bothered with new games like XIII-2 just based off my disappointment in the last two games. And I will be weary of buying new S-E games and sticking with them in the future until they can prove otherwise.

I probably wouldn't have been playing FFXIV if they haven't been making changes at the scale they have been. So far, Yoshi's kept all of his promises he's made in regards to changes to the game and I have no reason to believe otherwise. The only gripes I have with the development of new FFXIV so far is what they did with Paladin.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#43 Apr 04 2012 at 12:42 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
Woofdram wrote:
Ostia wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Ostia wrote:

So it does hurt me,


And calling people stupid that do not agree with your views isn't hurtful?

Edited, Apr 3rd 2012 9:10pm by UltKnightGrover


Stupidity hurt's sometimes, what can i say ?


Yeah, I can see you point. Your logic sure ... hurt's.

When FFXIV was released people who have bene playing Beta expected to find improvements while people who did not play Beta expected a solid game.

How do you find out how a game is? By buying it. What is so stupid about that?

So the game turned out to be a disappointment. How did SE respond? By not charging, hoping people would continuee to play.

Later, SE worked on FFXIV and announced 2.0. Quite a number of players already think that the game is playable and are looking forward to play while the game will be changed into 2.0. Now you could say that they think FFXIV is already worth the money. That would make it THEIR decision as a consumer. It's THEIR taste. To call someone's taste STUPID is rather...arrogant? After all, you sem to assume that your taste is better.

But let us also take their decision to pay for FFXIV the way it is now as an investment in future enjoyment. They believe that 2.0 is going to be awesome and are willing to assist SE in making it happen. You think this is stupid as well? Apparently you do. Apparently you already know how 2.0 is going to be and I bet that you already have it in writing what SE will do if no one would pay to enjoy FFXIV and to see 2.0. Cause you are a wise person who makes wise, rational decisions. You already know that SE would take their loss and come up wit a way better game than 2.0 in 2014 or maybe 2015. Right?

Of course you don't. You just use the same logic as the people who blame stupid people for today's billboard 200. If your music is not in it, it's because of stupid people. And that seems to hurt you.

Grow a thicker skin and move on.

Edited, Apr 4th 2012 5:12am by Woofdram


We dint expect, we where told they would fix the issues before release wish guess what "THEY DINT!" And i beta tested the game, and guess what ? I believed them and bought it because **** IS SE!!! I remember when i was a little kid, going thru games on my local game store and seeing a game called Secret of Mana for the Snes, and i dint know what secret of mana was or anything, but hey it said "Squaresoft" so that meant back in my day "Epic game with 40hrs + gameplay" and it delivered, god i loved that game XD! Now it means "Another Pretty game with high graphics that is trying to recreate FFVII and has (insert random emo character as main character" etc etc.

And as far as knowing what will happen to 2.0, i will tell you exactly what will happen, knowing SE and their amazing marketing team, the game will get very little media coverage, at E3 they will unveil a trailer consisting mostly of CG scenes and a few gameplay time, because SE still think they have a smash hit on their hands, and are reluctant on showing their player base what they have in store for them, because god knows there are millions and millions of people paying attention to the development of this game, so god forbid they spoil anything, see they still think they are top dog, and they are not, what they need to do, is SPOIL what they are working on to the current player base, get feedback from then, and have them spread the word to those on the fence, because magazines and media will not do it, they have written the game off as a failure, and rightfully so, for a game on it's death bead SE is taking it's sweet time on updating it, because games like swotor, wow, rift etc etc get bigger and updated more often than FFXIV does, and they are not playing catch up, so why is SE who is committed on reviving this game, going out of it's way to keep this game in darkness ? Really you have 20 thousand users, for the love of god use them as your marketing team, just like wow did on it's beginning, instead SE is acting like "Sorry cant reveal anything, we dont wanna spoil anything for thoe millions of people lined up waiting to buy this game" and by that they let FFXIV sit on the darkness that it's release put it, all the info or anything relevant that gets out, is how little or how far behind the game is compared to it's competitors <.<

So short of "Because miracles" how do you expect SE to pull out what has never been done in the MMO Scenes, when they are still acting like this is 1998 and grinding is hot and interesting.
____________________________
MUTED
#44 Apr 04 2012 at 1:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
There we go :) Ostia's point without the name calling :). Congrats!
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#45 Apr 04 2012 at 2:33 PM Rating: Default
**
621 posts
Why do you think there is going to be a trailer of 2.0 at E3? Just guessing?
____________________________
Kweh?!

...prophesizing the golden patch since october 2010.
#46 Apr 04 2012 at 2:44 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
562 posts
insanekangaroo wrote:
Why do you think there is going to be a trailer of 2.0 at E3? Just guessing?


It's in the official 2.0 roadmap (green arrow under Jun. 2012): http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_Roadmap_EN.pdf
____________________________
FFXIV - Fellows - Fabul
FFXI - Fellows - Gilgamesh


#47 Apr 04 2012 at 3:57 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
676 posts
Ostia wrote:
LillithaFenimore wrote:
Perrin, ****** Superhero wrote:
Ostia wrote:
They should not reward stupidity <.< If you chose to stay and pay for the development of their game, your reward should be to be able to play 2.0 and that is It. You already got a mount and are able to experience EQ/Wow cataclysm on a FF setting.

Also hope that 2.0 trailer looks as good as those pictures they sold you guys XD!


So you're saying those of us paying and enjoying the game in its current state are stupid?


Err. Apparently? :|

However I don't think so. I just think it's different strokes for different folks :| That would be like me saying someone is in a complete state of stupidity because they chose to eat horomone treated meat instead of non-horomone treated meat (Yes I'm one of those people who spends an arm and a leg on humanely treated meat ><; No I don't think people who chose not to eat the way I do is stupid ><;)

Again, different strokes for different folks...

Ostia,
I tend to see eye to eye on many things you and other post...err but insinuating that many are in a perpetual state of stupidity is a bit harsh :| Just sayin' It's their money, if this is how they chose to spend it, that is their perogative and really shouldn't be judged for it, even if you and many see it as a complete waste.

Edit:
Ding! Post 1.5 k ^_^ yay!

Edited, Apr 3rd 2012 2:23pm by LillithaFenimore


There is a vast majority of the player base that have been in a perpetual state of stupidity since pre-release, when most beta testers said this game would fail, the response was "Wait until release is beta, obviously you are not playing the real game" then at release and the weeks following it, anybody who complained was met with the all familiar "If you dont like it go back to wow, this is a REAL MMO, obviously you cannot appreciate art or w/e you call this game at release lol" and then it was the golden patch, oh boy where we waiting for that one for a while, and along the way we all came to know and hate all the familiar excuses people came up in order to defend SE: Oh they changed the teams gotta give them time(In reality they changed a few heads not the entire teams :/) Oh you gotta lay the foundation you know, they are changing the battle system, gotta wait for that, then that came and went, and we moved on to Oh the servers are @#%^ed man, SE had 2 monkeys make it, so gotta wait till they change that too, then SE finally showed their hand, they where not working on a miracle patch, or a foundation, they decided to just make a new game, and have you pay for it along the way, but you who are now basically our shareholders and wallets to pay for this new games development shall not rake in the profits oh nononono if the game is good, well you get to pay us 14.99 a month, and if it fails well sucks to be you.

Tell me how a Multi billion corporation gets a group of 20-25K people to pay for the development of their game, and beta test it as well, all the while developing and targeting said game to a group of people that cannot be more far away in terms of what they want and are looking for in a game, from the people that are paying the development of it, if not by praying on the stupidity of said player base ? If you think SE target with 2.0 are the 20-25k people who currently support the game, and that they are making it out of the goodness of their hearts because they messed up, well then you deserve to be called stupid.

And if the hat fits, wear it ;)


Sorry. I admit, I did not reach much of this thread. I decided I would avoid it due to certain posts content and lack of credibility. One thing that did catch my eye is the bolded part just above what I write. The part about how a corporation gets a group of people to pay for the development of their game. I have the answer to that. Just ask them! If you don't believe me, read this link. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/66710809/double-fine-adventure

EDIT: I fail at bolding text. :(

Edited, Apr 4th 2012 5:59pm by swisa
____________________________
#48 Apr 04 2012 at 6:23 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
Pretty cool. wished SE did something like that, a little video documentary of how they are working on the game, and what they are working on.

BTW: That was not how SE did it at all, but i get your point.
____________________________
MUTED
#49 Apr 05 2012 at 1:43 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
751 posts
The OP is a very, very good troll.

One of the better disguised complaint troll threads I have seen.
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#50 Apr 05 2012 at 2:08 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Quote:
The OP is a very, very good troll.

One of the better disguised complaint troll threads I have seen.

Thanks for the laurels. Now turn around, and let me stuff them into your backside.
If you consider the wish for a brighter future trolling, welcome to wonderland. And
sorry for the blasphemy.

P.S.: Get rid of that Vendetta mask signature. Doesn't fit. Try something docile.

P.S.II: Here, let me troll some more. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOjO9i509Qw&feature=related
That was uploaded in 2010. Some 1 1/2 years ago. Take a look at 6:45. I ******* hope they will have
something *real* to show @ the E3 in 2012.

Edited, Apr 5th 2012 6:15am by Rinsui
#51 Apr 05 2012 at 6:48 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
****
4,148 posts
MrTalos wrote:
Ostia wrote:
There is a vast majority of the player base that have been in a perpetual state of stupidity since pre-release, when most beta testers said this game would fail, the response was "Wait until release is beta, obviously you are not playing the real game"

In fairness.. Who could have EVER imagined SE would release a game in such a condition. The brains of fans of SE's games could not process the idea that SE intentionally released a game that was years away from being ready for release. Who would imagine any big name company would release a game in such a state? It still bugs the crap out of me (I know I should get over it and am **** hurt or whatever) because I found it freaking insulting! The game was no where near ready. Not by any stretch of the imagination. They played upon my brand loyalty and belief that no one would release a game like that.


Probably thinking "there's about as much content as FFXI or more, they love moogles & Chocobos & Mithra, they'll be fine" blindsided by the fact that time marches on and people don't have the same expectations of FF14 as people had of 11 (on release).

I'm still miffed there's no Ninja & Thief in FF14 ;_; among many other things
____________________________
Mishana: DRG | THF | RDM | NIN
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)