Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Magitech Mount???Follow

#1 Apr 25 2012 at 5:44 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
Found it in a dat mine thread for 1.22 update:
http://viion.co.uk/i/91277___ModelViewer2012-04-2518-00-41-89.jpg

... I WANT BAD!
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#2 Apr 25 2012 at 6:24 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
30 posts
!! what is that for a chocobo?!?!
____________________________
(^.^)b
#3 Apr 25 2012 at 6:28 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
You sit in it~!
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#4 Apr 25 2012 at 6:33 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
30 posts
wtf?! is it like an armored suit?! does it wear down or need to be filled with magic?! Do you wear it over your normal armor?
____________________________
(^.^)b
#5 Apr 25 2012 at 6:46 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
I think so; I found some more research on it and it would be like this:
http://images.cosplay.com/photos/26/2608019.jpg
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#6 Apr 25 2012 at 6:49 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
30 posts
link is forbidden =x
____________________________
(^.^)b
#7 Apr 25 2012 at 6:54 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
press enter again after it loads, it doesn't allow hotlinking :P or copy/paste
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#8 Apr 25 2012 at 11:14 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
No you fight it in the GC quest.

For now.
____________________________




#9 Apr 25 2012 at 11:16 PM Rating: Excellent
**
401 posts
Yeah that looks like the juggernaut for GC quest. I wouldn't really like the design for a magiteck armor mount.
____________________________
FFXI: Server Ifrit
Licksthekitty - 68THF/41WHM/37NIN/30BLM/20COR Mithra Retired

WoW: Realm Darkspear
Claybosmash - 80 Orc Warrior Retired
Ipwnrice - 70 Undead Rogue Retired


#10 Apr 26 2012 at 4:39 AM Rating: Good
**
863 posts
I'd much rather get a magitech class/job than a mount, but fun either way if something like this was added.
#11 Apr 26 2012 at 8:16 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
676 posts
I thought they were going to design a magitek armor mount like the ones found in FFVI. If this is going to be a mount, I'd imagine it be just as big as the goobue and just as annoying to use. Personally, I'd much rather have my legacy chocobo than something THAT big to ride. It's fat rolls take up too much of the screen.
____________________________
#12 Apr 26 2012 at 10:34 AM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
swisa wrote:
I thought they were going to design a magitek armor mount like the ones found in FFVI. If this is going to be a mount, I'd imagine it be just as big as the goobue and just as annoying to use. Personally, I'd much rather have my legacy chocobo than something THAT big to ride. It's fat rolls take up too much of the screen.


I'm with you on that point: large vehicles are really a bother, plus the game's environments aren't really designed for them, anyway. The goobue clips through the environment like it's going out of style (which, hopefully, it is, heh heh).
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#13 Apr 26 2012 at 10:39 AM Rating: Good
***
2,214 posts
That actually looks like the Magitek armor from 6 to me... It's a large bi-ped with arms, and you sit in it up to your waist. Aesthetics are different, but that can easily be written off to artistic design (you are rarely gonna have two artists design the same thing to look the same).

lol wow, the joy of typing too fast... Now I have the idea of the magitek armor being a Urinal, and the Goobbue being a toilet...

Edited, Apr 26th 2012 12:06pm by rfolkker
#14 Apr 26 2012 at 10:57 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
rfolkker wrote:
It's a large bi-ped with arms, and you sit in it up to your waste.


So it's a roving toilet, great.

At least it'll be no less hygienic than the goobue, though. As much as those things eat, they secrete even more.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#15 Apr 26 2012 at 11:18 PM Rating: Good
32 posts
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Magitek_Armor

If only SE was smart enough to add this as a mount. Because im sure everyone who plays final fantasy would hate it (sarcasm)
#16 Apr 27 2012 at 12:54 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
117 posts
Schmidtnurface wrote:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Magitek_Armor

If only SE was smart enough to add this as a mount. Because im sure everyone who plays final fantasy would hate it (sarcasm)


Iirc they mentioned in the live letter that magiteck mounts are a possibility in 2.0. I wouldn't be surprised, a lot of people on the forums have been asking for them. I think we got a reply from dev team but it was a long time ago but chances are they show up down the road.
#17 Apr 27 2012 at 5:49 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
588 posts
I'm more excited about having my chocobo as a companion in battle and the mechanics of that than I am about how many different types of mounts people can ask SE to add. I don't think having 3 or 30 different mounts makes the game any more desireable.

Smiley: twocents
____________________________



#18 Apr 27 2012 at 4:27 PM Rating: Decent
32 posts
kainsilv wrote:
I'm more excited about having my chocobo as a companion in battle and the mechanics of that than I am about how many different types of mounts people can ask SE to add. I don't think having 3 or 30 different mounts makes the game any more desireable.

Smiley: twocents


Maybe not but it gives it more character and a original FF feel and many people could argue that it does make the game more desirable. Thats like saying adding a color to a nintendo ds doesnt make it more desirable yet people trade in perfectly good ds's to buy a different color or one with a zelda stamp on it.
#19 Apr 27 2012 at 4:36 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
676 posts
Schmidtnurface wrote:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Magitek_Armor

If only SE was smart enough to add this as a mount. Because im sure everyone who plays final fantasy would hate it (sarcasm)


This is the magitek armor I remember them talking about adding at some point. Like somebody else already pointed out though, it's been a really long time ago since they talked about it.
____________________________
#20 Apr 29 2012 at 10:32 AM Rating: Good
5 posts
Awww, It definitely does not look the one from FFVI :(.
#21 Apr 29 2012 at 11:42 AM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Schmidtnurface wrote:
kainsilv wrote:
I'm more excited about having my chocobo as a companion in battle and the mechanics of that than I am about how many different types of mounts people can ask SE to add. I don't think having 3 or 30 different mounts makes the game any more desireable.

Maybe not but it gives it more character and a original FF feel and many people could argue that it does make the game more desirable. Thats like saying adding a color to a nintendo ds doesnt make it more desirable yet people trade in perfectly good ds's to buy a different color or one with a zelda stamp on it.

But the DS itself is the product, whereas additional vehicles in FFXIV constitute functionally identical vanity options in a much larger game world. In FFXIV, we're not buying a $200 mount and potentially sticking with it for years. The dynamics are quite different between the two.

While there is undoubtedly collectible value in both a novel DS and a novel in-game vehicle, people ultimately buy a DS to carry around with them IRL and to play games; one mount, on the other hand, doesn't do anything different from another, it's just a different model for aesthetic or collector's appeal. People like to customize their experiences either way, this is true, but what matters most, as Kainsilv seemed to be saying, is functionality over variety. I don't think anybody is going to flock to a flawed game because it has lots of vanity pets. And nobody's going to buy a DS if it has fifty colour choices and can't play games.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#22 Apr 29 2012 at 11:50 AM Rating: Good
***
1,606 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
I don't think anybody is going to flock to a flawed game because it has lots of vanity pets. And nobody's going to buy a DS if it has fifty colour choices and can't play games.

Hmm.. Maybe you don't know people as well as I had assumed you did. Smiley: wink
#23 Apr 29 2012 at 5:31 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
MrTalos wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
I don't think anybody is going to flock to a flawed game because it has lots of vanity pets. And nobody's going to buy a DS if it has fifty colour choices and can't play games.

Hmm.. Maybe you don't know people as well as I had assumed you did. Smiley: wink

You're right... what the heck was I thinking this morning? I almost sounded like I had a modicum of confidence in humanity! :P

...I plan to repent by the onset of evening. Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#24 Apr 30 2012 at 9:25 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,606 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
MrTalos wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
I don't think anybody is going to flock to a flawed game because it has lots of vanity pets. And nobody's going to buy a DS if it has fifty colour choices and can't play games.

Hmm.. Maybe you don't know people as well as I had assumed you did. Smiley: wink

You're right... what the heck was I thinking this morning? I almost sounded like I had a modicum of confidence in humanity! :P

...I plan to repent by the onset of evening. Smiley: disappointed

It's certainly uncharacteristic of you.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 29 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (29)