Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

WinMod from FFXIV ApsFollow

#1 May 01 2012 at 9:59 AM Rating: Decent
2 posts
Hey there guys, i have been currently using Aikars windower script he made back when he was playing alpha/closed beta.

TBH i just dont like it so i wanted to find a new means of getting what i wanted out of aikars windower and then some. I recently found WinMod from FFXIV Aps same people who make the ParseMod and LogMod apps. I have tried everything i can to try and get the WinMod to work but any exe paths i put into the app it keeps saying the Launch Paths are incorrect but i know i pointed it to the correct two exe's it was looking for.

Has anyone here been able to use WinMod and actually have it working right now? there isnt a forum for the ffxivaps sit so im just searching for a community who might have people actually using it.
#2 May 01 2012 at 11:12 AM Rating: Good
**
924 posts
Game.exe:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe

Launch.exe:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivboot.exe

I've had some issues on certain PC's where it wouldn't hook correctly. As of now the only way to fix it is to download the DirectX SDK from:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812

I hope to have a forum setup soon ^^; sorry; just really busy as I'm by myself on this stuff.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#3 May 01 2012 at 11:16 AM Rating: Good
**
924 posts
For reference (since I'm updating code soon) You prolly have to setup this stuff manually in the .config file.

Quote:
<setting name="Game" serializeAs="String">
<value>C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe</value>
</setting>
<setting name="Launch" serializeAs="String">
<value>C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivboot.exe</value>
</setting>
<setting name="FullScreen" serializeAs="String">
<value>True</value>
</setting>
<setting name="InitX" serializeAs="String">
<value>0</value>
</setting>
<setting name="InitY" serializeAs="String">
<value>0</value>
</setting>
<setting name="MinX" serializeAs="String">
<value>0</value>
</setting>
<setting name="MinY" serializeAs="String">
<value>0</value>
</setting>
<setting name="MaxX" serializeAs="String">
<value>1920</value>
</setting>
<setting name="MaxY" serializeAs="String">
<value>1080</value>
</setting>
<setting name="Flags" serializeAs="String">
<value>0</value>
</setting>
<setting name="Application_UpgradeRequired" serializeAs="String">
<value>True</value>
</setting>


maxx and maxy should be set to your desktop screensize as should your FFXIV config itself.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#4 May 01 2012 at 12:48 PM Rating: Decent
2 posts
Elionara wrote:
Game.exe:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe

Launch.exe:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivboot.exe

I've had some issues on certain PC's where it wouldn't hook correctly. As of now the only way to fix it is to download the DirectX SDK from:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812

I hope to have a forum setup soon ^^; sorry; just really busy as I'm by myself on this stuff.



thats no problem thanks for the reply .. i do have one question though, in the list of features it says "True Fullscreen" support .. does this mean i can set the game to Full screen and still be able to alt tab? i ask because well i have 2 graphics cards and playing in pseudo fullscreen is what really kills the mood for me.
#5 May 01 2012 at 12:56 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
Devqt wrote:
Elionara wrote:
Game.exe:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe

Launch.exe:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivboot.exe

I've had some issues on certain PC's where it wouldn't hook correctly. As of now the only way to fix it is to download the DirectX SDK from:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812

I hope to have a forum setup soon ^^; sorry; just really busy as I'm by myself on this stuff.



thats no problem thanks for the reply .. i do have one question though, in the list of features it says "True Fullscreen" support .. does this mean i can set the game to Full screen and still be able to alt tab? i ask because well i have 2 graphics cards and playing in pseudo fullscreen is what really kills the mood for me.


I've been told SLI/Crossfire profiles work and both cards work @ 100%. I can't test it myself though, so they could be lying :( This will allow alt tab :)
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)