Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Attack MacroFollow

#1 May 10 2012 at 2:06 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
123 posts
hey all, i was looking at some dudes vid on youtube and he had a conjurer with a fire,lightning,fire,lightning,fire,lightning,fire,lightning macro and once he clicked the macro his character set about casting fire,lightning,fire,lightning,fire,lightning,fire,lightning until the target was dead or until the macro finished,

i tried this using aero and stone but could not get it to work
mine looks like this

/action "Stone" main <t>
/action "Aero" main <t>
/action "Stone" main <t>
/action "Aero" main <t> .........ect i cant work out whats wrong...when i hit my alt then #1 it will only cast stone then i will have to press it again and it will use aero... it maka me maaad
____________________________
Show me your n00bs
#2 May 10 2012 at 3:51 AM Rating: Good
**
832 posts
need some <wait>'s in there. If it's similar to XI you can add <wait> after the <t>. The <wait> time will vary on what you are casting, thinking maybe a <wait5> might be long enough else just keep playing with the times til it works.
____________________________
VIVE LA RÉVOLUTION PONEY!
デーブは、ここではありません。
Urthdigger wrote:
First person view {You can have this.} I'm a galka and wore a subligar all the way to 50. You either learn to deal with it, or learn to enjoy the other party member's screams of agony.

Likibiki wrote:
I wish I could get parties of that standard. Sadly I seem to end up playing with myself all the time.

[ffxisig]81208[/ffxisig]
#3 May 10 2012 at 6:41 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
66 posts
can look like this

/ac "Stone" <t>
/wait 4
/ac "Aero" <t>
/wait 4
/ac "Stone" <t>


rinse repeat as many as you want
#4 May 10 2012 at 8:46 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*
239 posts
Could you not also write a macro like this?

/action "Stone" main <st>
/action "Aero" main <st>
/action "Stone" main <st>
/action "Aero" main <st>

It would not be automatic, but all you would have to do is hit enter to launch the next spell. Sadly I am at work and cannot test it. Will look into it this evening.

Edited, May 10th 2012 9:46am by Dorgon

Edited, May 10th 2012 9:47am by Dorgon
____________________________
Survivor of the Twinkling Treant - 2003
FFXI - Cerberus - 99 PUP, 75 BST-RDM-BLU
FFXIV - Besaid -> Balmung - 9/23/10

#5 May 10 2012 at 12:25 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
xstewiex99 wrote:
can look like this

/ac "Stone" <t>
/wait 4
/ac "Aero" <t>
/wait 4
/ac "Stone" <t>


rinse repeat as many as you want



You can 100% do the above, I just tested it. I knew this from FFXI but I thought I read something else and was trying that, then I decided I would double check for you :) Anyway, the only problem you will have is adjusting the /wait time between spell casts. After testing cure this is what I need to do:

/ac "Cure" <me>
/wait 8
/ac "Cure" <me>
/wait 8
/ac "Cure" <me>
/wait 8
/ac "Cure" <me>

Even though the cast says it takes 2sec to do, it takes ~1sec to start, ~2sec to cast, ~1sec to finish the animation, another ~1sec to reset itself, etc. For me, without increased casting speed or anything, I needed to have to /wait 8 or I would not cast the second one, it would skip and wait until the 3rd was supposed to go. Also, make sure you account for the recast timer on the first spell when you go back to it again.

For Stone and Aero, or what ever you wanted to use, you would have to do your own testing and adjust accordingly. You would get 5 casts before you need to hit the macro again. Depending on the mob, you might kill it in 5 hits. Good luck.


#6 May 10 2012 at 6:30 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
283 posts
IMHO I wouldn't macro basic attacks like this. With the chance to be interrupted you run the risk of just standing there and getting smacked. It's better to turn off subtarget select, target your mob and use the hot bar.

I use Macros for a quick Blissful Mind + Raise and gear changes... thats it.. other than that i scroll through the hot bar. I like seeing my timers (when they work) and it's typically fewer key strokes if you arrange your hot bar by defense/offense/buff abilities.
____________________________


#7 May 10 2012 at 6:45 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
66 posts
ihave light shot on a repeating macro like that so i can build TP with out having to keep clicking on the skill it self.
it works kinda like having an auto shot
#8 May 11 2012 at 12:28 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
123 posts
yeah i did a wait 5, works heaps good, i want a buffing macro with cure and protect n that how wou;d i do that
____________________________
Show me your n00bs
#9 May 11 2012 at 8:29 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
66 posts
the above macro works for any skills? just put <t> for target or <me> to cast on yourself
#10 May 11 2012 at 1:36 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
jarradstone wrote:
yeah i did a wait 5, works heaps good, i want a buffing macro with cure and protect n that how wou;d i do that


I'm confused, are you asking if this is how its done or saying this is what you would do? Either way, you can do as you are saying, just sub the cure for protect.




xstewiex99 wrote:
the above macro works for any skills? just put <t> for target or <me> to cast on yourself


Yes, <t> for the target you are currently targeting. Be warned though, if you can move your target marker around be careful not to attack another target, if you don't mean to. You could, as I said to the other guy, use the <me> for you and sub out cure for protect. It would work the same for any other spell too.

Personally I macro a few things at a time that I would do before a battle so I don't have to click on each one, not that it matters but it helps me. Like all my enhancing moves that assist in battle. Then I attack. You should do the same for Weapon Skill moves.

/ac "Hawk's Eye" <me>
/ac "Heavy Shot" <t> (or other TP based move)

You can sub gear in also for added bonus or status effects. ==> /equip head "Item" or /equip feet "Item" Same as FFXI. I have a job Macro that swaps all base gear so I can be ready on that job, same for gathering. It takes some time to play with the macros and getting new gear means changing them out but it makes you more effective and adds to your stat dynamics for different situations. Sorry if you knew all of that already. Feel free to keep posting Macro Questions here :) Good Luck!
#11 May 12 2012 at 9:17 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
123 posts
yeah i have the gear macros sussed out, what ive been messing around wuth lately is THU casting macros its really bugging me
but i kinds got one worked out
/ac "thunder" <t>
/wait 4
/ac "fire" <t>
/wait 4
/ac "thunder" <t>
/wait 4
/ac "blizzard" <t>
/wait 5
/ac "fire" <t>

something like that, blizzard takes ages to recast n it ***** it up for me
____________________________
Show me your n00bs
#12 May 12 2012 at 9:22 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
123 posts
i kinds know how to work em but not sure if im doing t efficiently
____________________________
Show me your n00bs
#13 May 13 2012 at 10:15 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
jarradstone wrote:
i kinds know how to work em but not sure if im doing t efficiently


The post above is basically it, so you got it. However, as one had said, being attacked and interrupted sucks. You mainly have to play around and find what works for you until someone puts the time into an awesome "Macro Field Guide."
#14 May 14 2012 at 3:07 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
123 posts
WFOAssassin wrote:
jarradstone wrote:
i kinds know how to work em but not sure if im doing t efficiently


The post above is basically it, so you got it. However, as one had said, being attacked and interrupted sucks. You mainly have to play around and find what works for you until someone puts the time into an awesome "Macro Field Guide."

Yeah nos hit, seems like there are a few people on this forum that would have enough time to do something like that, would be much appreciated, k go
____________________________
Show me your n00bs
#15 May 15 2012 at 12:37 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
283 posts
Honestly if the game only required you to hit a macro and take a bio break you'd be fine with macros like what you are suggesting. What I'd really recommend is this

Non Archer melee : macro 1 /assist <p#>
I wouldn't macro attacks or combos because many invoke being the correct distance away or hitting the mob from the right direction. The game moves fast with killing sprees galore while you level. Keep an assist macro for the tank so you can always fight their target and your not sitting their tabbing around.

Archer melee : /assist <p#>
/wait 1
/ac "Light Shot" <t>

Macro 2: second wind
Macro 3-on: any self buffs/debuffs (chameleon-sentinel-any drg surge- bloodbath) things that don't need precious real estate on ur primary hot bar. These should be your combos as a DD or buffs if tank (along with at least 1 enmity combo)

Mages:
Blm: you'll want a Convert and heal macro. Best would be
/ac convert <me>
/wait 1
/ac Parsimony <me>
/wait 1
/ac Necrogenisis <me>
/wait 1 Burst <t>
Other than that you really only have fire and thunder combos. I don't keep them on the same hot bar because u generally use 1 only. Thunder = single target, fire AoE. I keep excruciate, parsimony, dark seal , necro and second wind on my first hot bar.

Whm: u may want a sacred prism and stone skin- but for a lot of endgame you may be one of two whms and one will do regents one SS-

I def would use a: /ac "Blissful Mind" <me>
/wait 1
/ac "Second Wind" <me>

And like I said up in my first post I combo Presence of Mind with Raise

Again. Battles fast. Changing targets. Combos need direction. If you get hit u get interrupted. I don't use macros for stuff simple line spell spamming or light shot.

It may just be me. But I've been around the Eorzean block enough to know what works for me.
____________________________


#16 May 15 2012 at 5:51 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
123 posts
deronguerra wrote:
Honestly if the game only required you to hit a macro and take a bio break you'd be fine with macros like what you are suggesting. What I'd really recommend is this

Non Archer melee : macro 1 /assist <p#>
I wouldn't macro attacks or combos because many invoke being the correct distance away or hitting the mob from the right direction. The game moves fast with killing sprees galore while you level. Keep an assist macro for the tank so you can always fight their target and your not sitting their tabbing around.

Archer melee : /assist <p#>
/wait 1
/ac "Light Shot" <t>

Macro 2: second wind
Macro 3-on: any self buffs/debuffs (chameleon-sentinel-any drg surge- bloodbath) things that don't need precious real estate on ur primary hot bar. These should be your combos as a DD or buffs if tank (along with at least 1 enmity combo)

Mages:
Blm: you'll want a Convert and heal macro. Best would be
/ac convert <me>
/wait 1
/ac Parsimony <me>
/wait 1
/ac Necrogenisis <me>
/wait 1 Burst <t>
Other than that you really only have fire and thunder combos. I don't keep them on the same hot bar because u generally use 1 only. Thunder = single target, fire AoE. I keep excruciate, parsimony, dark seal , necro and second wind on my first hot bar.

Whm: u may want a sacred prism and stone skin- but for a lot of endgame you may be one of two whms and one will do regents one SS-

I def would use a: /ac "Blissful Mind" <me>
/wait 1
/ac "Second Wind" <me>

And like I said up in my first post I combo Presence of Mind with Raise

Again. Battles fast. Changing targets. Combos need direction. If you get hit u get interrupted. I don't use macros for stuff simple line spell spamming or light shot.

It may just be me. But I've been around the Eorzean block enough to know what works for me.

What is assist <p#> ???
____________________________
Show me your n00bs
#17 May 15 2012 at 8:58 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
283 posts
Every person in your party has a party #. Just look at your party list and for a full party it is p1-p7, starting from top of the list to bottom.
When you do <p#> the target you choose is that party member. the /assist command will assist that person- meaning what ever they are currently targeting you are targeting.

Edited, May 15th 2012 10:58am by deronguerra

Edited, May 15th 2012 10:59am by deronguerra
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)