Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Quick Questions!!Follow

#1 Jun 08 2012 at 5:22 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
So i might give the game another go, but i don't wanna play it on low settings etc etc.

Here is what i currently have:

AMD Athlon 7550 dual core proccesor 2.50 ghz

4GB Ram

Windows Vista SP2

Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT

Would it be better if i just get a Quad and use that graphic card ? or can i upgrade what i have to play it and medium/high settings ?

No i'm not trolling <.<
____________________________
MUTED
#2 Jun 08 2012 at 5:35 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
If you're wanting to give the game another go, based off your previous sentiments, I would wait until 2.0 goes into beta. Many things you've complained about are yet to be fixed (enough to your satisfaction) due to faulty 1.0 server architecture.

Edited, Jun 8th 2012 4:36pm by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#3 Jun 08 2012 at 5:56 PM Rating: Good
**
335 posts
The processor may or may not be ok for the game. The graphics card will most likely need to be upgraded as the minimum according to SE is a 9600GT.

Edited, Jun 8th 2012 7:56pm by Shadowspell
____________________________


#4 Jun 08 2012 at 9:00 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
So would it be better if i get a better graphic card over a new CPU ? i guess my question is is the processor ok ? or is it way under the requirements ?
____________________________
MUTED
#5 Jun 08 2012 at 9:17 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,149 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
I would wait until 2.0 goes into beta...


...and hopefully some feedback from players with similar setups leave feedback on their performance is posted.

No one can tell you how hungry XIV 2.0 will be since no one is playing it. They both need to be upgraded honestly(CPU and GPU), but if you're limited in your budget and can only afford to upgrade one then we don't have enough info to make a suggestion.


Edited, Jun 8th 2012 11:18pm by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#6 Jun 08 2012 at 9:56 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
I would wait until 2.0 goes into beta...


...and hopefully some feedback from players with similar setups leave feedback on their performance is posted.

No one can tell you how hungry XIV 2.0 will be since no one is playing it. They both need to be upgraded honestly(CPU and GPU), but if you're limited in your budget and can only afford to upgrade one then we don't have enough info to make a suggestion.


Edited, Jun 8th 2012 11:18pm by FilthMcNasty


What info do you need ?
____________________________
MUTED
#7 Jun 08 2012 at 10:00 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
Btw i found this http://www.linkshells.com/entry.php?2-You-don-t-need-a-1-500-PC-to-run-FFXIV

Dunno if it is helpful to other people.
____________________________
MUTED
#8 Jun 08 2012 at 10:18 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,149 posts
Ostia wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
I would wait until 2.0 goes into beta...


...and hopefully some feedback from players with similar setups leave feedback on their performance is posted.

No one can tell you how hungry XIV 2.0 will be since no one is playing it. They both need to be upgraded honestly(CPU and GPU), but if you're limited in your budget and can only afford to upgrade one then we don't have enough info to make a suggestion.


Edited, Jun 8th 2012 11:18pm by FilthMcNasty


What info do you need ?


Wait until 2.0 is released, run the client and check your performance and then make a decision. The info you need is "How well does my current PC run 2.0". You can guess, but you can't predict your performance gains if you don't know how well what you have already will perform.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#9 Jun 08 2012 at 10:51 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Ostia wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
I would wait until 2.0 goes into beta...


...and hopefully some feedback from players with similar setups leave feedback on their performance is posted.

No one can tell you how hungry XIV 2.0 will be since no one is playing it. They both need to be upgraded honestly(CPU and GPU), but if you're limited in your budget and can only afford to upgrade one then we don't have enough info to make a suggestion.


Edited, Jun 8th 2012 11:18pm by FilthMcNasty


What info do you need ?


Wait until 2.0 is released, run the client and check your performance and then make a decision. The info you need is "How well does my current PC run 2.0". You can guess, but you can't predict your performance gains if you don't know how well what you have already will perform.


I can already run the game decently, but not at high end standards, i dont get much lag, and i get decent FPS, my question is not related to 2.0, is about 1.0 for i know when 2.0 comes i will be able to play it either way, is right now what would be a better upgrade.

Come on i'm trying to throw SE some money!!!
____________________________
MUTED
#10 Jun 09 2012 at 12:39 PM Rating: Decent
2 posts
I hate to say it, but both could use an upgrade. I've got a 3.4ghz quad core amd that stays at 50% or higher load while the game is running. I have the graphics options all set to standard except shadows, which are off. That just barely allows my geforce 250 gts to keep up, and I'm looking at upgrades in the near future to make the game run a bit faster.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)