I would wait until 2.0 goes into beta...
...and hopefully some feedback from players with similar setups leave feedback on their performance is posted.
No one can tell you how hungry XIV 2.0 will be since no one is playing it. They both need to be upgraded honestly(CPU and GPU), but if you're limited in your budget and can only afford to upgrade one then we don't have enough info to make a suggestion. Edited, Jun 8th 2012 11:18pm by FilthMcNasty
What info do you need ?
Wait until 2.0 is released, run the client and check your performance and then make a decision. The info you need is "How well does my current PC run 2.0". You can guess, but you can't predict your performance gains if you don't know how well what you have already will perform.
I can already run the game decently, but not at high end standards, i dont get much lag, and i get decent FPS, my question is not related to 2.0, is about 1.0 for i know when 2.0 comes i will be able to play it either way, is right now what would be a better upgrade.
Come on i'm trying to throw SE some money!!!