Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

Contemplating FFXIVFollow

#52 Jun 20 2012 at 7:32 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
When SE does no marketing for their games and promotions, people complain because they are doing nothing to increase sales.

When SE markets a promotion, to increase sales and players, it's a scam.

I can't believe that SE might be motivated to get players to return to their game by offering a great deal and a thank you to players. How SHAMEFUL.
____________________________


#53 Jun 20 2012 at 3:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
80 posts
I am thinking about returning to FFXIV as well.

At the time of launch my PC just couldn't handle the graphics well and my GF and I were basically sharing it anyway. Not much fun.

We've bounced back and forth between returning to WoW, Rift, SWtOR, some F2P games and now Tera. Even went back to FFXI for a bit.
Tera is absolutely not what was advertised and its taken a year for EME/BHS to "westernize" it.he game is beautiful and I love the classes, but its so lacking.

My gf was leader of several LSs on Lakshmi...Arc of Legends and AltanasTears. Also a guild leader in WoW and now a guild leader in Tera.
We certainly miss the community and cooperative game play.

We understand that FFXIV is no the same as FFXI, but we are hoping that the community is at least better than Tera.

Hope to see you guys when FFXIV releases on PS3^^
____________________________
WOW-85Paladin(2)*85Shaman(2)*85DK(2)*85Hunter(2)*85Mage85Priest(2)
FFXI-85PLD*52THF*63DNC*45NIN*75BRD*75RDM*40BLM*40WHM*75SAM--Fully Merited BST/WHM/NIN/DNC--12/05/05
#54 Jun 25 2012 at 12:34 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Khornette wrote:
The bolded statement is more on Studio 38 part. It is also meant to state my belief that just because something is presented as successful because it sold millions, doesn't mean it is profitable.


Studio 38 isn't a good representation of the industry so I'm not sure why you'd make a general statement about it.



Oh but it seems like they do

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-06-21-stock-ticker-why-eas-market-valuation-has-crashed?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=us-daily

Ever since SW:TOR release, EA stock has fallen 40%.
____________________________




#55 Jun 25 2012 at 12:56 AM Rating: Default
****
4,145 posts
Khornette wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Khornette wrote:
The bolded statement is more on Studio 38 part. It is also meant to state my belief that just because something is presented as successful because it sold millions, doesn't mean it is profitable.


Studio 38 isn't a good representation of the industry so I'm not sure why you'd make a general statement about it.



Oh but it seems like they do

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-06-21-stock-ticker-why-eas-market-valuation-has-crashed?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=us-daily

Ever since SW:TOR release, EA stock has fallen 40%.


EA develops and produces a ton of games and many of them aren't doing well. SWtoR is considered successful despite the decline in numbers, which if you pay attention to trends in MMOs, people usually leave within a few months if they decide it isn't better than what they were playing before. Stock prices are never a clear indicator of a single game's performance, especially given the volume of titles EA develops and produces. Not to mention, the economy is crap anyway so there really isn't a point trying to link this somehow to SWtoR.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#56 Jun 25 2012 at 2:04 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Yea you can dress it up all you like, who was it that tried to link SE stock price drop with FFXIV launch huh. Take Two and Activision are given in comparison in the article, doesn't change the fact of EA share price performance, nor why are they looking at F2P option for SW:TOR. Hey let's not forget Mass Effect 3 spectacular sales.
____________________________




#57 Jun 25 2012 at 6:05 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,691 posts
Khornette wrote:
Yea you can dress it up all you like, who was it that tried to link SE stock price drop with FFXIV launch huh. Take Two and Activision are given in comparison in the article, doesn't change the fact of EA share price performance, nor why are they looking at F2P option for SW:TOR. Hey let's not forget Mass Effect 3 spectacular sales.


Are you trying to 1up on SWTOR as a FFXIV player?

Last I heard it has 1.3 million subscribers, to be extremely generous FFXIV has 30k.
#58 Jun 25 2012 at 6:06 AM Rating: Default
****
4,145 posts
Khornette wrote:
Yea you can dress it up all you like, who was it that tried to link SE stock price drop with FFXIV launch huh.


I didn't dress anything up and I didn't link SE's stock price drop. I posted in a thread about a shareholder who ragequit and sold all their shares because they lost faith that SE was a company who knew how to listen to their customers, which is pretty much what happened. I never said anything about SE going bankrupt over it so I'm not sure why you think that's even relevant here.

Khornette wrote:
Take Two and Activision are given in comparison in the article, doesn't change the fact of EA share price performance, nor why are they looking at F2P option for SW:TOR. Hey let's not forget Mass Effect 3 spectacular sales.


You can't just link an irrelevant article and try to change the statement I made. I said that what happened at Schilling's studio isn't representative of the industry. So TT, Activision and EA are listed in an article... what does that have to do with what happened at Studio 38?

You should also take some time to understand why the stock price dropped. This is the sort of thing that happens when you predict earnings of 4.5 billion and only end up bagging 4.3 billion. "ZOMG we only maked 4.3 bilyunz! Shutdown teh stewdeeoh!"


Edited, Jun 25th 2012 8:23am by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#59 Jun 25 2012 at 8:06 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Runespider wrote:
Khornette wrote:
Yea you can dress it up all you like, who was it that tried to link SE stock price drop with FFXIV launch huh. Take Two and Activision are given in comparison in the article, doesn't change the fact of EA share price performance, nor why are they looking at F2P option for SW:TOR. Hey let's not forget Mass Effect 3 spectacular sales.


Are you trying to 1up on SWTOR as a FFXIV player?

Last I heard it has 1.3 million subscribers, to be extremely generous FFXIV has 30k.


I don't, and I don't need to, the share prices show underperformance no matter how you spin it. Bazillion earning vs Bazigazillion cost, sure one way ticket to bankruptcy. Stuff sold for millions doesn't exactly mean it make a profit. Studio 38 shown that, and the market largely believe that EA is showing that as well. Activision is the only that perform well enough. Even Take Two and SE didn't fall as bad as EA, even if you just don't care about it. Except the market does and it showed. I meant what kind of shareholders would be blindly happy if almost 50% of their money wiped in a year?

Oh noez, they actually wiped something like 4 billion USD out of their share value in a year, like that totally show they are making lotsa money. Good business sense! The 2008 GFC is actually a scame, because share markets wiped out everywhere means we just slightly earn a little less money after all.

Edited, Jun 25th 2012 10:09am by Khornette
____________________________




#60 Jun 25 2012 at 12:58 PM Rating: Default
****
4,145 posts
Khornette wrote:
I don't, and I don't need to, the share prices show underperformance no matter how you spin it.

SE's stocks are down 30% of their share value since November. Not sure if you're aware, but that is also 'underperformance'. What the fu¢k is your point? Please don't answer that question because I fear that you'll just make yourself look even more ignorant. As if comparing EA to Studio 38 hadn't already cemented that for you...



____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#61 Jun 25 2012 at 6:11 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Khornette wrote:
I don't, and I don't need to, the share prices show underperformance no matter how you spin it.

SE's stocks are down 30% of their share value since November. Not sure if you're aware, but that is also 'underperformance'. What the fu¢k is your point? Please don't answer that question because I fear that you'll just make yourself look even more ignorant. As if comparing EA to Studio 38 hadn't already cemented that for you...





And you conveniently forgot that 1. SE has launched nothing big since November while EA has TOR, BF3 and ME3 2. EA lost 40% which is a more than 30%, unless your Maths is awesome so much. That is why the article used the graph to show Take Two, Activision and NASDAQ in comparison because people would resort to the bs oh but the industry is performing worse. No, EA is performing worse than all of its competitors. Ignorant much? Actually, what is your point in protecting EA that much, they hire you or something?
____________________________




#62FilthMcNasty, Posted: Jun 25 2012 at 8:42 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Say for example your company projected 500 gazillion dollars profit. If you only report 480 gazillion dollars you still made a metric fu¢k ton of money, but your share prices will drop because it wasn't what was expected. EA projected something like 4.5 billion and only got around 4.3 billion. Stock prices fell accordingly, aided by a slow market and some other factors. Some things you should note are that SWtoR did much better than expected and it's nearly impossible to project subscriptions. People will try it out, decide it's not for them and leave or stay. Regardless, SWtoR is making money while XIV is causing SE to dig deeper and deeper into the hole they're already in.
#63 Jun 25 2012 at 8:45 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Yea, except EA is making bigger lost than any other publisher, except THQ which is on the brink of bankruptcy. It matters even more if you're the biggest Publisher and you are at the bottom of the performance graph, whereas Activision your no.1 competitor is at the very top. Not. Even. Close. At. The. Frigging. Bottom.

I have no idea what you're trying to prove when EA is performing worse then bigger and smaller competitors. Butthurt much?

I just have to repeat this again, EA is performing even worse then the badly underperforming SE and Take Two, and the rest of the underperforming game industry. Congratulations, number one from bottom up.


Edited, Jun 25th 2012 10:48pm by Khornette
____________________________




#64FilthMcNasty, Posted: Jun 25 2012 at 9:30 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) EA is the top producer. There is no one bigger. More proof that you don't know what the **** you're talking about.
#65 Jun 25 2012 at 9:55 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
Khornette wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Khornette wrote:
I don't, and I don't need to, the share prices show underperformance no matter how you spin it.

SE's stocks are down 30% of their share value since November. Not sure if you're aware, but that is also 'underperformance'. What the fu¢k is your point? Please don't answer that question because I fear that you'll just make yourself look even more ignorant. As if comparing EA to Studio 38 hadn't already cemented that for you...





And you conveniently forgot that 1. SE has launched nothing big since November while EA has TOR, BF3 and ME3 2. EA lost 40% which is a more than 30%, unless your Maths is awesome so much. That is why the article used the graph to show Take Two, Activision and NASDAQ in comparison because people would resort to the bs oh but the industry is performing worse. No, EA is performing worse than all of its competitors. Ignorant much? Actually, what is your point in protecting EA that much, they hire you or something?


SE dint launch nothing big since November ? Really ? FFXIII-2, OBLUCT, The 3rd birthday, FF Zero, Birth by sleep final mix, Dungeon siege III, Dissadia 012 etc etc

Nope no big ***********
____________________________
MUTED
#66 Jun 25 2012 at 11:24 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
There is a difference between losing money and not making as much money as you projected. They are not the same thing. EA didn't make as much as they had projected, but were well above the red line for profits. They aren't losing money.

Regardless, even if they were losing money it wouldn't be because of SWtoR. That games subscriber base is over double what it needs to be to maintain a profit. Are you retarded?

EA is the top producer. There is no one bigger. More proof that you don't know what the **** you're talking about.


Yea, let's start nitpicking to hide the fact that they are down at the bottom. And their 2011 Annual Report showed red bottom line. Conveniently, anyone at the bottom would be making lots of money. Woo. The bigger you are, the harder you fall. Lmao at TOR has double the sub base to maintain a profit, nope 500k sub base (what you're alluding at, and what most P2P MMO consider as) is for an MMORPG that cost 1/5 of what TOR cost to maintain a profit. RIFT is what they call profitability, even if its sub base is much lower they also cost a lot less than TOR.

Let me repeat this again so it can get through to you: EA fall is the worst in the industry. Period. Unless you want to compare to THQ, since it's really encouraging to compare to someone who is on the verge of dying to feel good. Speaking of THQ, they made similar mistakes for example with Homefront, a 2.3m sales brand new IP that ended up closing down the Studio developed it.

Ostia wrote:
SE dint launch nothing big since November ? Really ? FFXIII-2, OBLUCT, The 3rd birthday, FF Zero, Birth by sleep final mix, Dungeon siege III, Dissadia 012 etc etc

Nope no big ***********


Big titles for Japan maybe, they don't have much presence in the West. Much less the attempt to compete with something called Activision (let's pretend for a second there that BF3 aint competing with MW3, nor TOR trying to compete with WoW at all) and end up being *cough* at the bottom while your no.1 competitor in your homeground (namely Activision) is at the very top. That is just pure promising.

Even if you consider those titles as big launch for SE, then it just means SE performed hella better than EA because they fell 33% less than EA (30% vs 40%, hello~)

And while you people continue to defend EA, their stock price continue to fall.

Edited, Jun 26th 2012 1:25am by Khornette

Edited, Jun 26th 2012 1:26am by Khornette
____________________________




#67 Jun 26 2012 at 1:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,310 posts
Khornette wrote:
And while you people continue to defend EA, their stock price continue to fall.


It's been in the news for some time that the video game industry is hurting as a whole, which is likely the key contributor to their stock price falling. It's hard to prop up expensive consoles with games that primarily consist of the nth edition of Yet Another Popular Franchise for $60 a pop... when everyone has smart phones and tablets that sell games for $1 each. Yes, the hardcore gamer doesn't mind spending the money, but this is an industry that's been desperately trying to capture the broader casual gaming market, and it's becoming quite apparent that Apple and Google have cornered this market out from under the traditional players. How do you survive selling $60 games in a $1 gaming world? That's EA's big problem right now.
#68 Jun 26 2012 at 2:12 AM Rating: Default
****
4,145 posts
Khornette, you're like a clown that keeps taking a pie in the face. It's funny when other people are throwing the pie, but with the amount of nonsense you've spewed here you're slamming pies in your own face and it's just not entertaining anymore. Thanks for ruining it. Smiley: glare


____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#69 Jun 26 2012 at 4:12 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
40% one year, vs 30% for two years.........
____________________________
MUTED
1 2 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)