I've been looking through patch notes to get a general feel for the game since I quit playing, but I still have a couple questions. I played at launch and quit maybe 2-3 months into it.
1) How party-centric is the game these days? When I was playing I soloed quite a lot, occasionally in small 2-3 parties.
1a) Is partying the quickest way to level up?
1b) Does end game content require large raid-like groups or can smaller groups tackle the content?
2) I don't remember any of my account info and I don't think I have my cd-keys anymore to have SE help me get it back so I'll likely have to start over. Leveling up was quite quick at launch, have they rescaled the process? How long will it take a new character to get to end game content?
3) Did they ever get rid of the whole physical level/class level thing? I read that they might be but not sure. How does leveling work now?
4) I see a lot of talk about FFXIV 2.0 but don't see a ton of info over it, just a couple screenshots here and there, where can I read up on the upcoming changes, and is there a release date yet?
5) Are there any places I can buy a digital copy of FFXIV online to download and start playing today?
Thank you for taking the time to answer any of my questions!