Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Dev Tracker: On RMT and ExploitsFollow

#1 Jun 28 2012 at 7:48 PM Rating: Good
***
3,825 posts
So they ARE doing something... 700 banned last week, better than nothing but not enough

Quote:
While it might seem to many of you that we are not combating RMT related activity at camps like Cedarwood and other places, please rest assured that the operations and STF teams are proactively looking into this and performing thorough investigations. And to give you more insight of their investigations, we banned 700 accounts last week, but as you know they keep coming back.

In addition to ongoing STF efforts, we will be setting up countermeasures system wise as we head towards version 2.0. If you happen to notice any suspicious activity in your adventuring, please take a moment and help us out by making an STF report by going here: http://support.na.square-enix.com/co...hp?id=902&la=1

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/47517-RMTs-are-starting-to-bother-me...?p=739547#post739547

This one's not as exciting, but I wonder if I should be hoping for more anti-exploit and RMT measures built into the 2.0 framework... Or if I should be scared since most of those barriers end up affecting the legit player and not so much the exploiters, botters, and RMT
Quote:
Hey guys!

I wanted to let you know that when 2.0 arrives the caravan defense system will be changed drastically and a countermeasure to prevent this type of behavior will be implemented.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/46742-Anti-Exploit-Measures-for-Caravan-%28Can-I-have-it-%29?p=739532#post739532
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#2 Jun 29 2012 at 1:45 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,801 posts
Quote:
...proactively looking into this and performing thorough investigations.


Is this like when you guys "proactively" went after all the bots that were online 24/7 on FFXI? I only ask because MOST OF THEM ARE STILL THERE!

Ok, I got it out of my system.
____________________________
WoW -- Zaia -- Dragonmaw -- Mage 80 BABY! Alchemy 450
Also... Hunter 62, Rogue 52, Warrior 66, Warlock 43, Death Knight 70, Shaman Who Cares? ;)

FFXI -- Caia -- Retired/Deleted -- Blm 75, Alchemy 97
Pandimonium server - Rank 10 - Bastok

Zaela Rdm -- 35, Alchemy 45 -- Forced into retirement because I didn't have the right kind of credit card. Hope it was worth 18 bucks a month, SE.

#3 Jun 29 2012 at 2:54 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,144 posts
Caia wrote:
Quote:
...proactively looking into this and performing thorough investigations.


Is this like when you guys "proactively" went after all the bots that were online 24/7 on FFXI? I only ask because MOST OF THEM ARE STILL THERE!

Ok, I got it out of my system.


SE's definition of active: Making a bot to police the bots.

SE's definition of being proactive: Designing the game in a way detrimental to everyone's progress so you make sure it's hard on the bots.

Padded helmet programming at it's finest.


____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#4 Jun 29 2012 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
I wonder what the 2.0 economy will be like the bots been running the ward sells for months. Spirit Bonds party items and high materia is the only profitable things left.
____________________________





#5 Jun 29 2012 at 12:27 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
if they really wanted to tackle the situation they would let you report the activity from within the game... needing to google a website and fill out a form outside the game is totally asinine. I don't understand this at all.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#6 Jun 29 2012 at 2:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
69 posts
Olorinus wrote:
if they really wanted to tackle the situation they would let you report the activity from within the game... needing to google a website and fill out a form outside the game is totally asinine. I don't understand this at all.



I completely agree with this statement. While I am no programmer of any sorts, I cannot imagine it would be difficult to add an in-game option for reporting these sorts of things. Along with bugs, abuse reports, and all other kinds of complaints?

#7 Jun 29 2012 at 3:01 PM Rating: Good
***
2,202 posts
Inb4 "The current sever excuse and in 2.0"
____________________________
MUTED
#8 Jun 29 2012 at 3:19 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,214 posts
Squince88 wrote:
Olorinus wrote:
if they really wanted to tackle the situation they would let you report the activity from within the game... needing to google a website and fill out a form outside the game is totally asinine. I don't understand this at all.



I completely agree with this statement. While I am no programmer of any sorts, I cannot imagine it would be difficult to add an in-game option for reporting these sorts of things. Along with bugs, abuse reports, and all other kinds of complaints?



Would be kind of nice, you choose to report, it takes a screen shot, records your position, records a timestamp, and lets you enter a bit of text to submit.

Should make their life easier, and ours.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)