Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

2.0 TEASER SITE OPENS UP: 2012/07/05Follow

#52 Jul 07 2012 at 9:22 AM Rating: Decent
24 posts
lol Then tell that to the link I provided good day sir.

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_Roadmap_EN.pdf

Look at the August Tab.. and the Arrow pointing at August... yeah that ^.^

Can't get any clearer than that... they made it so big a blind person could see it :/.

Edited, Jul 7th 2012 11:24am by Starlord1
#53 Jul 07 2012 at 10:24 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Quote:
Does Gamescom mean anything to anyone? Because thats where the flood is coming.. when they do the MARKETING CAMPAIGN!

Here's the site that says just that:

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_Roadmap_EN.pdf


That site also says that 1.23 went life in early June.
#54 Jul 07 2012 at 10:25 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Quote:
they made it so big a blind person could see it :/

Now that one backfired pretty hard.
#55 Jul 07 2012 at 10:41 AM Rating: Good
24 posts
1.23 set to go live "Between" Mid-june~ End July " Which they are aiming for End July from a recent Letter from the Producer. Just because the line starts at Mid-June doesn't mean its coming out in Mid-June.. it will come out whenever they feel like bringing it out within the Mid-June~Late July time frame.

As Far as "that backfired" comment, if your referring to the PDF page I provided, it appears you need to take a closer look at it, it clear indicates Mid-june in which that's where the line starts (not Early-June) and it ends by pointing at the end of July column.

Anyways, it doesn't even matter because August (gamescom) is almost a Month away, Weather SE Down pours us with information ( like he promised it would come at gamescom/PAX), Weather SE Breaks the promise and tells very little about whats going on with FFXIV 2.0 to reel in the Crowd ( which they desperately need). All of that is on them. I leave their "Business ethics" ways to them.. if they fall.. they will have to learn their lesson from it.. what better way to do it.. than the hard way. Since they made the mistake with 1.0 FFXIV they need to show nearly everything they have at Gamescom 2012/PAX/TGS.

I'm not just a "White knight" as you claim me to be, because as you can see i'm Neutral right now.. and letting them do whatever they want.. let the sink or rise on their own.
#56 Jul 07 2012 at 10:50 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Whiteknights usually don't realize they are whiteknights.
It's a title bestowed upon them by the sane population.
#57 Jul 07 2012 at 10:54 AM Rating: Good
24 posts
Trolls are the same way. What's your point exactly? the whole White knight and Troll aspect of online terms is wacky to me..

but anyways my post wasn't about that anyhow.
#58 Jul 07 2012 at 1:23 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,704 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Whiteknights usually don't realize they are whiteknights.
It's a title bestowed upon them by the sane population.


According to the "sane population", white knights are those who can see the reality of the situation - "A teaser website should have actual information on it, not just pretty pictures."

Ostia: "STFU WHITE KNIGHT!"

#59 Jul 07 2012 at 1:44 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,144 posts
Starlord1 wrote:
Trolls are the same way. What's your point exactly?


Trolls know exactly what they're doing. It's usually the people who 'feed' them that can't tell what is going on. White knights on the other hand are people who try to defend something that doesn't need defending or praise something that doesn't deserve it, sometimes both.

This isn't a knock against SE, (especially)because I know they're capable... but the site is garbage. XI's expansion SoA website launched and activity spiked for that game. There isn't much artwork, but the one main piece has enough in it to speculate on, plus they have a trailer.

XIV's site is just recycled images that remind me they didn't have their trailer ready for E3. The only thing that gives away the fact that these screenshots are from V2 is the UI and character creation. The UI looks great, but no one really cares. I don't care if it looks great, I want it to work well. Character creation was kinda pointless as well. Why spend time updating something that the average player will spend a billionth of their time doing?
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#60 Jul 07 2012 at 1:53 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,704 posts
Exactly, you have said trolls calling people who even told everyone not to be expect much of anything white knights..when by troll logic a white knight is someone who defends everything or praises everything...isn't that the exact opposite of what a whiteknight is?

I think if anything trolls are more butthurt over certain people and can't get over it which is why they call someone a "white knight", rather than someone who actually is a whiteknight. Pretty pictures are fine, but like people on the main forum said (which were called a white knight):

"Shouldn't there be actual information?"

The site is pretty but where's the info? It's not hard to post videos just running around even a 80% finished zone or making a character. They did it with 1.x during alpha/beta for @#%^s sake.


Edited, Jul 7th 2012 12:55pm by Theonehio
#61 Jul 07 2012 at 1:55 PM Rating: Decent
24 posts
Sometimes I wonder if Trolls know what they are doing half the time.. This "Troll Vs White Knight" stuff is Childish imo. People are People with Opinions. Being Classified Labeled as this "Troll or White Knight". How I described this "Troll" is one that disrupts the flow of a conversation, and This New term I been seeing for myself lately "White knight", Is someone being Positive about something usually when other people are trashing the game itself.

Trolls and White Knights to me don't technically no the reality of whats going on, but are blinded by the fight against each other that they both don't see the true reality of the situation.

Again, I hate using these terms because in the internet language its considered "fine" but if you put it in Real life Perspective.. it's no different than a fight the seems to reach no end. Which is why I consider these terms to be "Childish" the way I'm seeing it being used most of the time.

#62 Jul 07 2012 at 2:33 PM Rating: Good
**
863 posts
I am equally tired of reading both tbh.
#63 Jul 07 2012 at 3:11 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
It's really two sides of the same coin.

Troll: S-E doesn't have a 2.0 website. There's no info about 2.0. We're three months from 2.0 beta. Where's the info/webpage? Wow, it's the same info from 2 weeks ago. This site sucks. Where's our trailers and more pictures? Final Fantasy XIV will fail. *Looks at timeline and sees that FFXIV's 1.23 update comes out between mid-June and late-July* "1.23 was supposed to come out in Early-June."

White Knight: S-E knows what they're doing. It's just a teaser page. Yoshi-P is the savior. Final Fantasy XIV will succeed. Go back to WoW, etc...*Looks at timeline and sees that FFXIV's 1.23 update comes out between mid-June and late-July* "1.23 is coming out in Late-July."

Realist: They had the trailer done for E3, for whatever reason on their PR section, it didn't come out. Skeptics here think they may not have had a trailer done at all for E3 and said that to save face, some of us think they they really held it off until August for whatever reason. But they did say 2.0 info was mainly coming out in August. If they got up a page in July, good for them, but I don't see why both sides of the debate are so appalled that it's info we've seen before.

Edited, Jul 7th 2012 4:39pm by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#64 Jul 07 2012 at 3:41 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
**** Grover that almost made me tear up.

Beautiful man, just beautiful.

Personally, I'll wait for the info for when it comes out, but I am more interested at this point at info about getting into the Beta. I want in. The Beta will tell us more about the game than any advertising campaign ever will. So I'm looking forward to that.
#65 Jul 07 2012 at 3:48 PM Rating: Decent
24 posts
Hyrist wrote:
@#%^ Grover that almost made me tear up.

Beautiful man, just beautiful.

Personally, I'll wait for the info for when it comes out, but I am more interested at this point at info about getting into the Beta. I want in. The Beta will tell us more about the game than any advertising campaign ever will. So I'm looking forward to that.


I agree Hyrist, and I said that multiple times on the forums, that 2.0 Beta is more Important than dumb site ( and even Marketing Campaign). Though I still want to see the Trailer though =).
#66 Jul 07 2012 at 3:58 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,177 posts
The trailer is a huge make-or-break, in my opinion.

There really can't be excuses for only 15% optimization like they said when they showed the E3 pictures. There needs to be some clean gameplay that effectively shows that they learned from their past mistakes and instill some trust that we actually have a game they're as passionate about releasing as we are about playing.

Troll, white knight, or realist, we all want the same thing. We want a complete playable game, one we were promised two and a half years ago.

____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#67 Jul 07 2012 at 7:13 PM Rating: Good
***
2,202 posts
Theonehio wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
Whiteknights usually don't realize they are whiteknights.
It's a title bestowed upon them by the sane population.


According to the "sane population", white knights are those who can see the reality of the situation - "A teaser website should have actual information on it, not just pretty pictures."

Ostia: "STFU WHITE KNIGHT!"



Oh STFU Theonehio!!!

I have no problem with the people that say as you quoted, i have a problem with the people that believe they are SE representatives and jump on everybody's throat for having an opinion, regardless of SE saying that the "Flood" will come in august or not, SE has to know that everything they are going or will do will be put thru a microscope, missing E3 was huge, like somebody said, there are those that think they actually had no Trailer! And the push back was a cop out etc Etc. SE knows that people are waiting for ANY INFORMATION! So putting up a website and calling it "Teaser website 2.0 or w/e it is" and having no new information, would rub some people the wrong way, after all it's been 2 years, the player base has been asked to wait and wait and wait, and yet again WAIT!

Would it really have hurt SE to put a few new screenshots ? not every single screenshot has to be masterfully done etc etc, what about some new monsters, or locations, nothing big, just anything new, they don't have to show important NPC or locations, but they can show something w/o it affecting the big picture.

That is my point, it could not have hurt them at all, it would have only helped them, just take the picture with the observatory for example or the male cat thing(Yeah i forgot it's race name) those 2 pictures have people talking, imagine 5 pictures or a dozen, nothing big, but it would have had people talking in a positive way, instead of "Yet again SE doing things half assed since 2010"

Oh and please stop repeating the flood is comming in august, we got you, seriously we did the first 50 times starlord and elexia posted in the main forums no need to reply to every single person that has an opinion with "FLOOD IS DUE IN AUGUST STFU PLEASE"
____________________________
MUTED
#68 Jul 07 2012 at 7:16 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Love the above response.

Part 1: i have a problem with the people that believe they are SE representatives and jump on everybody's throat for having an opinion,

Part 2: Oh and please stop repeating the flood is comming in august, we got you, seriously we did the first 50 times starlord and elexia posted in the main forums no need to reply to every single person that has an opinion with "FLOOD IS DUE IN AUGUST STFU PLEASE"
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#69 Jul 07 2012 at 8:08 PM Rating: Decent
24 posts
Ostia wrote:
Theonehio wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
Whiteknights usually don't realize they are whiteknights.
It's a title bestowed upon them by the sane population.


According to the "sane population", white knights are those who can see the reality of the situation - "A teaser website should have actual information on it, not just pretty pictures."

Ostia: "STFU WHITE KNIGHT!"



Oh STFU Theonehio!!!

I have no problem with the people that say as you quoted, i have a problem with the people that believe they are SE representatives and jump on everybody's throat for having an opinion, regardless of SE saying that the "Flood" will come in august or not, SE has to know that everything they are going or will do will be put thru a microscope, missing E3 was huge, like somebody said, there are those that think they actually had no Trailer! And the push back was a cop out etc Etc. SE knows that people are waiting for ANY INFORMATION! So putting up a website and calling it "Teaser website 2.0 or w/e it is" and having no new information, would rub some people the wrong way, after all it's been 2 years, the player base has been asked to wait and wait and wait, and yet again WAIT!

Would it really have hurt SE to put a few new screenshots ? not every single screenshot has to be masterfully done etc etc, what about some new monsters, or locations, nothing big, just anything new, they don't have to show important NPC or locations, but they can show something w/o it affecting the big picture.

That is my point, it could not have hurt them at all, it would have only helped them, just take the picture with the observatory for example or the male cat thing(Yeah i forgot it's race name) those 2 pictures have people talking, imagine 5 pictures or a dozen, nothing big, but it would have had people talking in a positive way, instead of "Yet again SE doing things half assed since 2010"

Oh and please stop repeating the flood is comming in august, we got you, seriously we did the first 50 times starlord and elexia posted in the main forums no need to reply to every single person that has an opinion with "FLOOD IS DUE IN AUGUST STFU PLEASE"


Until August, you should just hold your breathe and stop having a heart attack.. they said what they are going to do.. so let them do it... E3 isn't a place for MMOs to be most of the time.. that sort of thing is for Gamescom. And I'll repeat it till its planted into your head. And its a Fact not an Opinion.. Yoshi-P said it himself. You can be Negative all you want and I can be Positive all I want but it Doesn't change the facts of:

2.0 Marketing Campaign ( Includes Trailer)<----- That's in August: http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_Roadmap_EN.pdf

Facts are Facts until Changed, they changed it for a reason and their reasons alone.. not yours or anyone elses... So We should all drop it for 39 more days till Gamescom Thank you.
#70 Jul 08 2012 at 5:11 AM Rating: Good
****
4,144 posts
A simple breakdown for all of the people in here with poor comprehension...

Theonehio wrote:
when by troll logic a white knight is someone who defends everything or praises everything...isn't that the exact opposite of what a whiteknight is?

Trolling is completely independent of white knighting. Follow along please...

White knighting:

XIV is not where it should be in terms of development. This is a fact and whether or not you are a fan has no bearing. The developers admit this, they apologize for it and they ask for the players understanding as they work toward restoring it. The head honcho at SE said himself "we deeply regret that the game has yet to achieve the level of enjoyability that Final Fantasy fans have come to expect from the franchise, and for this we offer our sincerest of apologies."

When you have the president of the company coming out and admitting that the product is bad and not up to standard, anyone coming out trying to defend it or praise it is a white knight. You don't need to defend the product when the president won't even do that. It's like trying to lie for someone to get them out of trouble when you know they did something wrong and deserve the consequences of their actions. In this case, they are deserving of criticism for releasing a bad product.

UltKnightGrover wrote:
Troll: S-E doesn't have a 2.0 website. There's no info about 2.0. We're three months from 2.0 beta. Where's the info/webpage? Wow, it's the same info from 2 weeks ago. This site sucks. Where's our trailers and more pictures? Final Fantasy XIV will fail. *Looks at timeline and sees that FFXIV's 1.23 update comes out between mid-June and late-July* "1.23 was supposed to come out in Early-June."

Trolling has nothing to do with being negative. There are many people who call me a troll on this forum for having a negative viewpoint or whatever, and I won't deny that I troll from time to time, but if my response is on topic(or at least the topic before someone derailed by calling me negative) then it's not trolling.

I'll give you a few examples that I use time to time for some cheap chuckles...

*logs in to FFXI*
Sees engaging discussion about the benefits of having various subjobs leveled for paladin and how they are used in tanking...
/shout Guys, my 2 hour is borked. I'm on paladin and I used it, but it didn't make me invisible!

A few people respond saying that the 2 hour is invincible, not invisible. A bunch more respond saying that the person who commented is stupid, inbred, mentally challenged ect. A few more will continue on with a discussion about how enmity is broken, PLD sucks as a tank and it all usually ends up in a ******* contest between some PLD and a WAR over who can hold hate.

This is trolling. An otherwise sensible discussion about the intricacies of the job and how to best utilize it is completely derailed by a simple comment. A comment that the troll, myself in this case, knew **** well wasn't correct. That is the point.

Again for good measure... you can troll your friends too Smiley: nod

*logs in to FFXI*

/linkshell Man, no one ever talks in abyssea parties. It's like no one spoke English. They must have been Australian or something.
*waits patiently*

20 people chime in about how Australians speak the queen's English ect ect.

/linkshell Guys, Australia is no where near England. You all need to study your geology.
*logs off*

Edited, Jul 8th 2012 7:15am by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#71 Jul 08 2012 at 6:25 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Quote:
There needs to be some clean gameplay that effectively shows that they learned from their past mistakes and instill some trust that we actually have a game they're as passionate about releasing as we are about playing.


"Showing" isn't the same as doing, I'd argue. Trailer does nothing for me these days. it's just a hype machine. I want to experience the game for itself if at all possible. Thankfully they're giving 1.XX players a better shot at Beta when it comes out.
#72 Jul 08 2012 at 11:32 AM Rating: Good
***
2,202 posts
Starlord1 wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Theonehio wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
Whiteknights usually don't realize they are whiteknights.
It's a title bestowed upon them by the sane population.


According to the "sane population", white knights are those who can see the reality of the situation - "A teaser website should have actual information on it, not just pretty pictures."

Ostia: "STFU WHITE KNIGHT!"



Oh STFU Theonehio!!!

I have no problem with the people that say as you quoted, i have a problem with the people that believe they are SE representatives and jump on everybody's throat for having an opinion, regardless of SE saying that the "Flood" will come in august or not, SE has to know that everything they are going or will do will be put thru a microscope, missing E3 was huge, like somebody said, there are those that think they actually had no Trailer! And the push back was a cop out etc Etc. SE knows that people are waiting for ANY INFORMATION! So putting up a website and calling it "Teaser website 2.0 or w/e it is" and having no new information, would rub some people the wrong way, after all it's been 2 years, the player base has been asked to wait and wait and wait, and yet again WAIT!

Would it really have hurt SE to put a few new screenshots ? not every single screenshot has to be masterfully done etc etc, what about some new monsters, or locations, nothing big, just anything new, they don't have to show important NPC or locations, but they can show something w/o it affecting the big picture.

That is my point, it could not have hurt them at all, it would have only helped them, just take the picture with the observatory for example or the male cat thing(Yeah i forgot it's race name) those 2 pictures have people talking, imagine 5 pictures or a dozen, nothing big, but it would have had people talking in a positive way, instead of "Yet again SE doing things half assed since 2010"

Oh and please stop repeating the flood is comming in august, we got you, seriously we did the first 50 times starlord and elexia posted in the main forums no need to reply to every single person that has an opinion with "FLOOD IS DUE IN AUGUST STFU PLEASE"


Until August, you should just hold your breathe and stop having a heart attack.. they said what they are going to do.. so let them do it... E3 isn't a place for MMOs to be most of the time.. that sort of thing is for Gamescom. And I'll repeat it till its planted into your head. And its a Fact not an Opinion.. Yoshi-P said it himself. You can be Negative all you want and I can be Positive all I want but it Doesn't change the facts of:

2.0 Marketing Campaign ( Includes Trailer)<----- That's in August: http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_Roadmap_EN.pdf

Facts are Facts until Changed, they changed it for a reason and their reasons alone.. not yours or anyone elses... So We should all drop it for 39 more days till Gamescom Thank you.


Yeah E3 is not the place for MMOS! Wonder how blizzard and every single other MMO Developer managed to promote their games before 2009...... But hey they are "Your Facts" Also speaking of facts, what happened to the trailer that was supposed to be released in E3 ? Facts are things that cannot be changed, for they are facts, what SE has set out are projections, a timetable if we are talking about the PDF file, those are not facts, for they have not come to pass yet, to become facts, if everything SE spews is fact, we would have had a trailer in E3 and 1.23 would be out already, but they do not deal in facts, they do projections like every other developer in the market, wish means everything they say, is subject to change, just because they said the marketing campaign will start in august does not mean it will, but i already know that if it does not happens, you and people like you, will make an excuse for it, like with what happened at E3, before they pulled out, everybody was sure they would release a trailer, there where a couple of posts about it in here and in the main forums, where some people tho it was do or die, and some others tho, they would not deliver, and we all kinda agreed that they HAD Too! But once they din't do it, it became ah "Oh SE knows what they are doing, they have a plan, blablabla excuse like everything else since Release"

The point is not weather or not the flood starts in august, it is weather or not it would have been better if they had release a few new screen shots and actually put some relevant information in the site.
____________________________
MUTED
#73 Jul 08 2012 at 11:38 AM Rating: Decent
24 posts
Ostia wrote:
Starlord1 wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Theonehio wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
Whiteknights usually don't realize they are whiteknights.
It's a title bestowed upon them by the sane population.


According to the "sane population", white knights are those who can see the reality of the situation - "A teaser website should have actual information on it, not just pretty pictures."

Ostia: "STFU WHITE KNIGHT!"



Oh STFU Theonehio!!!

I have no problem with the people that say as you quoted, i have a problem with the people that believe they are SE representatives and jump on everybody's throat for having an opinion, regardless of SE saying that the "Flood" will come in august or not, SE has to know that everything they are going or will do will be put thru a microscope, missing E3 was huge, like somebody said, there are those that think they actually had no Trailer! And the push back was a cop out etc Etc. SE knows that people are waiting for ANY INFORMATION! So putting up a website and calling it "Teaser website 2.0 or w/e it is" and having no new information, would rub some people the wrong way, after all it's been 2 years, the player base has been asked to wait and wait and wait, and yet again WAIT!

Would it really have hurt SE to put a few new screenshots ? not every single screenshot has to be masterfully done etc etc, what about some new monsters, or locations, nothing big, just anything new, they don't have to show important NPC or locations, but they can show something w/o it affecting the big picture.

That is my point, it could not have hurt them at all, it would have only helped them, just take the picture with the observatory for example or the male cat thing(Yeah i forgot it's race name) those 2 pictures have people talking, imagine 5 pictures or a dozen, nothing big, but it would have had people talking in a positive way, instead of "Yet again SE doing things half assed since 2010"

Oh and please stop repeating the flood is comming in august, we got you, seriously we did the first 50 times starlord and elexia posted in the main forums no need to reply to every single person that has an opinion with "FLOOD IS DUE IN AUGUST STFU PLEASE"


Until August, you should just hold your breathe and stop having a heart attack.. they said what they are going to do.. so let them do it... E3 isn't a place for MMOs to be most of the time.. that sort of thing is for Gamescom. And I'll repeat it till its planted into your head. And its a Fact not an Opinion.. Yoshi-P said it himself. You can be Negative all you want and I can be Positive all I want but it Doesn't change the facts of:

2.0 Marketing Campaign ( Includes Trailer)<----- That's in August: http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_Roadmap_EN.pdf

Facts are Facts until Changed, they changed it for a reason and their reasons alone.. not yours or anyone elses... So We should all drop it for 39 more days till Gamescom Thank you.


Yeah E3 is not the place for MMOS! Wonder how blizzard and every single other MMO Developer managed to promote their games before 2009...... But hey they are "Your Facts" Also speaking of facts, what happened to the trailer that was supposed to be released in E3 ? Facts are things that cannot be changed, for they are facts, what SE has set out are projections, a timetable if we are talking about the PDF file, those are not facts, for they have not come to pass yet, to become facts, if everything SE spews is fact, we would have had a trailer in E3 and 1.23 would be out already, but they do not deal in facts, they do projections like every other developer in the market, wish means everything they say, is subject to change, just because they said the marketing campaign will start in august does not mean it will, but i already know that if it does not happens, you and people like you, will make an excuse for it, like with what happened at E3, before they pulled out, everybody was sure they would release a trailer, there where a couple of posts about it in here and in the main forums, where some people tho it was do or die, and some others tho, they would not deliver, and we all kinda agreed that they HAD Too! But once they din't do it, it became ah "Oh SE knows what they are doing, they have a plan, blablabla excuse like everything else since Release"

The point is not weather or not the flood starts in august, it is weather or not it would have been better if they had release a few new screen shots and actually put some relevant information in the site.


Projections only go so far, and has to meet a concrete fact.. especially when they are trying to keep this game from completely dying off, spending millions upon Millions of Dollars.. and throwing almost every worker they have on this project, so they can keep this game from sinking.

That's why I feel this is going to be a fact come August. But everyone has a right to their opinions/crying/moaning/stomping up and down like a baby whatever :P. In the end, the fact will be made clear in the long run, whatever that fact maybe.

Edited, Jul 8th 2012 2:41pm by Starlord1
#74 Jul 08 2012 at 1:25 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,177 posts
Ostia wrote:

Yeah E3 is not the place for MMOS! Wonder how blizzard and every single other MMO Developer managed to promote their games before 2009......


You do realize Blizzard hasn't gone to E3 since 2007, right?
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#75 Jul 08 2012 at 2:42 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Ostia wrote:

Yeah E3 is not the place for MMOS! Wonder how blizzard and every single other MMO Developer managed to promote their games before 2009......


You do realize Blizzard hasn't gone to E3 since 2007, right?


You do realise that blizzard has Blizzcon right ?
____________________________
MUTED
#76 Jul 08 2012 at 2:54 PM Rating: Good
***
1,313 posts
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

I'm getting an error. Possible update happening? It's monday over there ^^
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#77 Jul 08 2012 at 3:02 PM Rating: Good
****
4,144 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Ostia wrote:

Yeah E3 is not the place for MMOS! Wonder how blizzard and every single other MMO Developer managed to promote their games before 2009......


You do realize Blizzard hasn't gone to E3 since 2007, right?


Yeah... they started doing Blizzcon I think a year or two before that. Even so, Blizzard has done plenty of marketing and doesn't really need to promote. When 10 million people play your (successful)game, word of mouth alone is enough.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#78 Jul 08 2012 at 3:03 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
852 posts
Transmigration wrote:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

I'm getting an error. Possible update happening? It's monday over there ^^


I don't know. That looks more like a failure than an update. An update would have a maintenance page at least.
____________________________
#79 Jul 08 2012 at 3:40 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
Transmigration wrote:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

I'm getting an error. Possible update happening? It's monday over there ^^


I don't know. That looks more like a failure than an update. An update would have a maintenance page at least.


Yeah, looks like someone locked down a directory by accident and the PHP is like "grrrr I can't write to that directory you idiot!"

Interesting that they built the website with Kohana.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#80 Jul 08 2012 at 6:55 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Ostia wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Ostia wrote:

Yeah E3 is not the place for MMOS! Wonder how blizzard and every single other MMO Developer managed to promote their games before 2009......


You do realize Blizzard hasn't gone to E3 since 2007, right?


You do realise that blizzard has Blizzcon right ?


Came out of your mouth, not mine, Ostia.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#81 Jul 08 2012 at 7:45 PM Rating: Good
****
4,144 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Ostia wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Ostia wrote:

Yeah E3 is not the place for MMOS! Wonder how blizzard and every single other MMO Developer managed to promote their games before 2009......


You do realize Blizzard hasn't gone to E3 since 2007, right?


You do realise that blizzard has Blizzcon right ?


Came out of your mouth, not mine, Ostia.


I hate Blizzard, but they have somehow managed to break records(most of them being their own) every time they release something. They didn't really need E3. SE should be taking every opportunity they can get to spread the word about the coming changes to XIV.

It's one thing to not have the trailer ready, but to not be able to produce anything new or newsworthy is, well... it's disheartening at best. I'm a skeptic, but for the people who want to believe that SE can turn it around; this isn't offering them anymore hope.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#82 Jul 09 2012 at 1:23 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Ostia wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Ostia wrote:

Yeah E3 is not the place for MMOS! Wonder how blizzard and every single other MMO Developer managed to promote their games before 2009......


You do realize Blizzard hasn't gone to E3 since 2007, right?


You do realise that blizzard has Blizzcon right ?


Came out of your mouth, not mine, Ostia.



You do realize that unlike every other MMO developer, blizzard has it's own game show, where no other developer gets to promote their games, and Blizzcon is highly successful, why in gods green earth would they attend another game show ? That would subtract from their own show...... god you are stupid lol
____________________________
MUTED
1 2 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 14 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (14)