Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

A Realm Reborn Gear Design Contest!Follow

#1 Aug 10 2012 at 4:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
**
641 posts
With the Seventh Umbral Era fast approaching, adventurers of Eorzea will need to be well-prepared if they hope to endure the coming crisis. Unprecedented dangers demand items of unimaginable power--unimaginable by us alone, that is. However, with the combined creativity of our community, we hope to create an epic ring to aid adventurers as they struggle to survive and forge new legends in a realm reborn.

Are you a frustrated goldsmith with aspirations of fame? Or are you merely a marauder who enjoys collecting shiny trinkets? Regardless of your background, we challenge adventurers to design a ring of exquisite, alluring beauty imbued with potent, esoteric enchantments.

The development and operations teams will select ten finalists, and the community itself will vote on and select the three rings that will appear in-game!

Check out all the contest details!
____________________________
JPButton | Twitter
#2 Aug 11 2012 at 7:12 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
64 posts
Elmer wrote:
With the Seventh Umbral Era fast approaching, adventurers of Eorzea will need to be well-prepared if they hope to endure the coming crisis. Unprecedented dangers demand items of unimaginable power--unimaginable by us alone, that is. However, with the combined creativity of our community, we hope to create an epic ring to aid adventurers as they struggle to survive and forge new legends in a realm reborn.

Are you a frustrated goldsmith with aspirations of fame? Or are you merely a marauder who enjoys collecting shiny trinkets? Regardless of your background, we challenge adventurers to design a ring of exquisite, alluring beauty imbued with potent, esoteric enchantments.

The development and operations teams will select ten finalists, and the community itself will vote on and select the three rings that will appear in-game!

Check out all the contest details!


According to the contest details, you must have an active FFXIV service account to participate. So is there no hope for players awaiting the PS3 version to participate in this event?

Regardless of whether or not I can submit a design, I think this is a cool idea :)
#3 Aug 11 2012 at 6:34 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Tychondrias wrote:
According to the contest details, you must have an active FFXIV service account to participate. So is there no hope for players awaiting the PS3 version to participate in this event?


Yeah, I wasted over half an hour designing a ring before I reread the contest page! Oh, well, lol; it was certainly my own fault. :\
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#4 Aug 11 2012 at 8:30 PM Rating: Good
**
924 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Tychondrias wrote:
According to the contest details, you must have an active FFXIV service account to participate. So is there no hope for players awaiting the PS3 version to participate in this event?


Yeah, I wasted over half an hour designing a ring before I reread the contest page! Oh, well, lol; it was certainly my own fault. :\


^^ Submit it anyway; it will only cost you 9.99 to submit it :D I stopped my account as well; which is a PITA since I'm still updating app :) I might just re-sub to add in a bracelet lol
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#5 Aug 12 2012 at 9:53 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Elionara wrote:
Submit it anyway; it will only cost you 9.99 to submit it :D


Look, I for some reason wanted to design and submit a creative project to SE, handing over all copyright to them, for free... but paying them for that privilege somehow seems to go too far. Smiley: lol
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#6 Aug 12 2012 at 3:38 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Elionara wrote:
Submit it anyway; it will only cost you 9.99 to submit it :D


Look, I for some reason wanted to design and submit a creative project to SE, handing over all copyright to them, for free... but paying them for that privilege somehow seems to go too far. Smiley: lol


^^ It falls inline with microtransactions :) Just remember; your not paying 9.99 for the submission; in the end your paying 9.99 for the "chance" to get a in-game item; which possibly was designed by you :)

Memories of a Moogle Kupo d'tat or whatever it was; never did get that 9.99 item at end lol

/sarcasm off :P

Side note; found a great new restaurant in VCity :)

Edited, Aug 12th 2012 2:38pm by Elionara
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 24 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (24)