Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

will everyone start fresh with 2.0 ( a FF reborn )Follow

#52 Aug 28 2012 at 8:51 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
787 posts
Xineohpzero wrote:
They should have a server that only newly opened accounts (in addition to other fresh start servers that any account can) can create characters on. This will keep experienced players from starting new characters on the new servers and quickly taking advantage of the low level crafting material market and exploiting new players that didn't know what they were looking for until it was already to late. Of course, this wont stop people from having more than one account and just using a newly created account to access the server, but these people will have to pay an additional monthly fee for that account so its still a win for SE.
Edited, Aug 28th 2012 9:44am by Xineohpzero


Going by your logic SE should have segregated all the beta-testers from the new customers at the initial game release. Why punish customers just because they have a leg up on the mechanics of the game? Going from the comments that I've been reading in the various FFXIV forums, most dedicated players are committed to their current servers and they don't want to start fresh.
#53 Aug 30 2012 at 6:56 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
9 posts
rubina wrote:
Xineohpzero wrote:
They should have a server that only newly opened accounts (in addition to other fresh start servers that any account can) can create characters on. This will keep experienced players from starting new characters on the new servers and quickly taking advantage of the low level crafting material market and exploiting new players that didn't know what they were looking for until it was already to late. Of course, this wont stop people from having more than one account and just using a newly created account to access the server, but these people will have to pay an additional monthly fee for that account so its still a win for SE.
Edited, Aug 28th 2012 9:44am by Xineohpzero


Going by your logic SE should have segregated all the beta-testers from the new customers at the initial game release. Why punish customers just because they have a leg up on the mechanics of the game? Going from the comments that I've been reading in the various FFXIV forums, most dedicated players are committed to their current servers and they don't want to start fresh.


There is a huge difference between the experience that can be gained from a beta test and years of playing and level capping characters. This is just one way to encourage players that have never played FFXIV to experience it the same way people did when it was first released (of course we hope it will be a better game than the initial release). I started playing FFXI only a few months after its initial release and played until about 6 months after the release of Treasures of Aht Urhgan. I picked the game back up after almost 2.5 years and started a new character on my old server. I found it difficult to find any parties at low levels because the majority of groups at that level and time were statics that were simply trying to fly through their new class. It simply creates a barrier to entry, especially since I imagine many LS will make new characters on the new servers and work together to quickly try to make a monopoly.

Also by your own logic "Going from the comments that I've been reading in the various FFXIV forums, most dedicated players are committed to their current servers and they don't want to start fresh." My suggestion won't even matter to most players so it shouldn't offend anyone.
#54 Aug 30 2012 at 8:17 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,214 posts
Considering us Legacy players get 8 characters per server, starting over is not really a big deal, and definitely something I want to play with from time to time. though, that also means that they will most likely never allow us to move characters, as we would be able to just start a character there.

As for not allowing legacy players to even enter a world. There is NOTHING stopping from insane players from going from 0-50 at record time. And there is nothing that will stop people from trying to exploit other people. It is simply the way people are. You can either choose to dislike it, or ignore it. Personally I ignore it, but that's just me.
#55 Sep 06 2012 at 10:59 PM Rating: Default
*
85 posts
I might start as lv1 again for refresh.

- I like to adopt to new environment
- I like to see new events from beginning
- But! most importantly! I like to create a female character for Monk!!! Yellow armor doesn't suit for male character!!!
#56 May 26 2013 at 11:54 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
7 posts
That teleport that everyone had to take to get to the other side of the umbral era storyline should have been more like the Terminator time travel machine. You make it on the other side but u are god **** naked. ;) You keep your life/level/and certain perks but no items/gold make it through. Those are my thoughts on the matter anyways.
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#57 May 27 2013 at 1:18 AM Rating: Good
***
1,112 posts
See, I'd love to start my character a-fresh but the hoarder in me cannot allow the loss of certain items I've aquired in 1.0 that you cannot get in 2.0.

If there was a way of chopping your levels back to 1 (resetting Job/AF quests along side etc) but retaining things like the Goobbue mount that can't be re-attained, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Edit: Aaand I just saw this was a massive necropost :(

Edited, May 27th 2013 3:19am by Kordain
____________________________
To endanger the soul endangers all,
when the soul is endangered it must become a Warrior.
#58 May 27 2013 at 9:45 AM Rating: Good
*
130 posts
I wouldn't be too worried about people who frankly cheated in xiv 1.0. Yes, there are a lot of them sadly. Botcrafting completely illegitimized things for a while.

Find a good guild. Build yourselves an island where you don't need the services of those people. Yes, they will probably be multimillionaires, but you can be above gil in this game and that's actually where you want to be. The best things in the game aren't paid for.
____________________________
Peregrine Falcon
Rendezvous Zone LS
Mrd/Con/BS/GS/Min
#59 May 27 2013 at 10:14 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
I still don't understand the logic behind resetting characters. People who are interested in starting over/quit in 1.0 and would like to start fresh will have their own servers where they can do so.

I don't think those of us who stuck with XIV through it's very hard times should be punished after all of the work we've put into our characters. And I didn't cheat.

I don't mind my gil being re-appropriated to fit the new economy. But no "losing items", no "god **** naked" as one poster put it. I want to continue where I left off, especially since I was going towards a relic in 1.0.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#60 May 27 2013 at 11:21 AM Rating: Excellent
**
383 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
I still don't understand the logic behind resetting characters. People who are interested in starting over/quit in 1.0 and would like to start fresh will have their own servers where they can do so.

I don't think those of us who stuck with XIV through it's very hard times should be punished after all of the work we've put into our characters. And I didn't cheat.

I don't mind my gil being re-appropriated to fit the new economy. But no "losing items", no "god **** naked" as one poster put it. I want to continue where I left off, especially since I was going towards a relic in 1.0.

I agree with you, there's no sense in punishing people for playing through what's generally considered a horrible mess of a game.

The only issue that I've had with this, was the possibility that development cycles would be very lop-sided. For example: If 1/2 of the game's population steps out of the gate "raid-ready", there's a huge likelihood that those players will hit their gear cap before new players are max level.

Hopefully, newer players aren't constantly playing catch up when they're trying to enter endgame. Similarly, older players shouldn't be forced to run old content to get everyone in their groups caught up.
____________________________
This is my sig; Enjoy.
FFXIV: Tom Carroll - Excalibur
FC: Sitzkireg (www.sitzkrieg.guildwork.com)
#61 May 27 2013 at 11:24 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,450 posts
TurboTom wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
I still don't understand the logic behind resetting characters. People who are interested in starting over/quit in 1.0 and would like to start fresh will have their own servers where they can do so.

I don't think those of us who stuck with XIV through it's very hard times should be punished after all of the work we've put into our characters. And I didn't cheat.

I don't mind my gil being re-appropriated to fit the new economy. But no "losing items", no "god **** naked" as one poster put it. I want to continue where I left off, especially since I was going towards a relic in 1.0.

I agree with you, there's no sense in punishing people for playing through what's generally considered a horrible mess of a game.

The only issue that I've had with this, was the possibility that development cycles would be very lop-sided. For example: If 1/2 of the game's population steps out of the gate "raid-ready", there's a huge likelihood that those players will hit their gear cap before new players are max level.

Hopefully, newer players aren't constantly playing catch up when they're trying to enter endgame. Similarly, older players shouldn't be forced to run old content to get everyone in their groups caught up.


By and large that's what the server separation between legacy and new is for.

It's also the reason I'll be rolling on a new server.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#62 May 27 2013 at 11:37 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,112 posts
Just to clarify my point above- I was not requesting that all characters have their levels reset to 1, merely suggesting that an option to do that to your character. So, in your cases where you have no reason to (and as you say, why would you?) then there would be no need to.
____________________________
To endanger the soul endangers all,
when the soul is endangered it must become a Warrior.
#63 May 27 2013 at 11:54 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Kordain wrote:
Just to clarify my point above- I was not requesting that all characters have their levels reset to 1, merely suggesting that an option to do that to your character. So, in your cases where you have no reason to (and as you say, why would you?) then there would be no need to.


What's the point of this option? Why not just start a new character if you're going to reset your levels to 1? It's the same thing. You can build it exactly the same as your old character if you want, or customize it with the myriad of new creation options. Seems like a rather pointless option really.
#64 May 27 2013 at 12:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
Yea it really has no point into it. Unless you want to keep your old name. But even then you can just join a different server or you can even delete or not import at all your old char.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#65 May 27 2013 at 1:04 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
BartelX wrote:
Kordain wrote:
Just to clarify my point above- I was not requesting that all characters have their levels reset to 1, merely suggesting that an option to do that to your character. So, in your cases where you have no reason to (and as you say, why would you?) then there would be no need to.


What's the point of this option? Why not just start a new character if you're going to reset your levels to 1? It's the same thing. You can build it exactly the same as your old character if you want, or customize it with the myriad of new creation options. Seems like a rather pointless option really.


It does has a point, you can experience the new content at lower levels, at the level it was designed for, as of yet, we do not know how level sync will work, if it will be ala XI, or ala GW2. I know to some people it makes no difference to beat content at lvl 50 or 5, but i personally find it more alluring to clear it at the corresponding level. It makes those quests less crappy. As an example if you are a level 50 "Insert random class here" and you clear all the level 1-15 quest in gradina.. Well you will find them easy, and not memorable mostly, but if you clear them at the corresponding level, even if they are not hard per say, you will find at the end of the day, the entire zone, and quests a bit more memorable.
____________________________
MUTED
#66 May 27 2013 at 1:08 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
BartelX wrote:
Kordain wrote:
Just to clarify my point above- I was not requesting that all characters have their levels reset to 1, merely suggesting that an option to do that to your character. So, in your cases where you have no reason to (and as you say, why would you?) then there would be no need to.


What's the point of this option? Why not just start a new character if you're going to reset your levels to 1? It's the same thing. You can build it exactly the same as your old character if you want, or customize it with the myriad of new creation options. Seems like a rather pointless option really.


You'd also have to sacrifice any soulbound equipment or other accomplishments. I think being able to start over is a good idea, if perhaps not a developmental priority.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#67 May 27 2013 at 2:07 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Ostia wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Kordain wrote:
Just to clarify my point above- I was not requesting that all characters have their levels reset to 1, merely suggesting that an option to do that to your character. So, in your cases where you have no reason to (and as you say, why would you?) then there would be no need to.


What's the point of this option? Why not just start a new character if you're going to reset your levels to 1? It's the same thing. You can build it exactly the same as your old character if you want, or customize it with the myriad of new creation options. Seems like a rather pointless option really.


It does has a point, you can experience the new content at lower levels, at the level it was designed for, as of yet, we do not know how level sync will work, if it will be ala XI, or ala GW2. I know to some people it makes no difference to beat content at lvl 50 or 5, but i personally find it more alluring to clear it at the corresponding level. It makes those quests less crappy. As an example if you are a level 50 "Insert random class here" and you clear all the level 1-15 quest in gradina.. Well you will find them easy, and not memorable mostly, but if you clear them at the corresponding level, even if they are not hard per say, you will find at the end of the day, the entire zone, and quests a bit more memorable.


We do know from interviews that the development team was frustrated that people were beating Ifrit in the Seventh Umbral Era storyline as level 50's before the cutscene was even over.

We know from Letter from the Producer live that people will be auto level synced when we go into FATE content and our gear level sync will work very similar to XI.

Based off the two statements, it's safe to assume that level sync in FFXIV will function similar to FFXI. However, I could be completely wrong and we won't know for sure until Phase 3 1/2.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#68 May 27 2013 at 2:18 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
818 posts
No way I'm restarting. I might create a new Lalafell character to be a Black Mage because I felt like they look bad-*** but I will definitely be retaining my level 50 character to be able to quickly experience all the content they have to offer, which I have to believe they have a decent amount since they already know how many high-level characters there are being ported over. They can't expect us to have nothing to do right? RIGHT?
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#69 May 27 2013 at 2:22 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,177 posts
The game will fall into SWTOR syndrome if they release with little/no endgame content. The difference between ARR and SWTOR which makes it worse is that there are people like me who have 7 level 50's who need things to do other than level Arcanist and play through the storylines. At least with SWTOR, everyone DID start from scratch.

Edited, May 27th 2013 1:23pm by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#70 May 28 2013 at 12:37 AM Rating: Good
***
1,112 posts
BartelX wrote:
Kordain wrote:
Just to clarify my point above- I was not requesting that all characters have their levels reset to 1, merely suggesting that an option to do that to your character. So, in your cases where you have no reason to (and as you say, why would you?) then there would be no need to.


What's the point of this option? Why not just start a new character if you're going to reset your levels to 1? It's the same thing. You can build it exactly the same as your old character if you want, or customize it with the myriad of new creation options. Seems like a rather pointless option really.


Because, as I said in my first post there are certain items and achievements that we've gained in 1.0 that are not available at all in 2.0, and an option of a reset would let people who wish to to experience the game as a "fresher" so to speak but not lose that which cannot be gotten again.
____________________________
To endanger the soul endangers all,
when the soul is endangered it must become a Warrior.
#71 May 28 2013 at 6:52 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
KingAlkaiser wrote:
hello i was wondering if anyone knows if everyone level will start from scratch with the new 2.0 aka reborn?

i see a lot of people getting mad at this, but personally besides the crafting and gathering the game has gone through a lot of abusing techniques and things such as power leveling which pretty much was abused to ****? Am i alone on this or hoping the game will be done completely different that means the people also will have to work for their levels instead of starting 2.0 with every single job/class at maxed level?


Eh.. abused to **** is a strong phrase.

I leveled whm 1-40 power leveled. You know why? I was tired of doing the same levequests over and over after doing it for war, brd, drg, and blm. The party tools were weak at best, so no one partied until AT LEAST 35, but mostly 40-50.

Many other people were in this boat, though I know a few linkshells that were completely power-leveled. They were also known to be completely terrible at the game...


But levels aren't everything. They aren't even most things. You should think of 50 as low level, because there will most definitely be cap raises. When that happens, its ever ground again, both in levels and the gear we endlessly exploded to try and craft the perfect triple melded gloves with +42 str on them. (Please don't take them away from me)
____________________________


#72 May 28 2013 at 6:58 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Kordain wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Kordain wrote:
Just to clarify my point above- I was not requesting that all characters have their levels reset to 1, merely suggesting that an option to do that to your character. So, in your cases where you have no reason to (and as you say, why would you?) then there would be no need to.


What's the point of this option? Why not just start a new character if you're going to reset your levels to 1? It's the same thing. You can build it exactly the same as your old character if you want, or customize it with the myriad of new creation options. Seems like a rather pointless option really.


Because, as I said in my first post there are certain items and achievements that we've gained in 1.0 that are not available at all in 2.0, and an option of a reset would let people who wish to to experience the game as a "fresher" so to speak but not lose that which cannot be gotten again.


Meh, fair enough. I kinda see that as taking a competitive advantage over new players, but that's probably just me. Would that mean you'd carry over your AF gear, your primal weapons, relics, etc as well? Because that kinda seems like it would defeat the purpose of wanting to start over, since you'd already be basically decked out once you could ding into that gear. Or do you mean just keeping stuff like the Goobbue mount and the 1.0-exclusives? That I can understand.
#73 May 28 2013 at 7:08 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
KingAlkaiser wrote:
"You, as a new player, "
"in your sig you have a lvl 11 and a lvl 3"
I haven't updated my sig in ages since i started playing the game. would post my account if it would please some people gunning around here lol.

who said i was a new player...? a lot of people from my linkshell and friends for a logn time who have been with me since ff11 ps2 release have similar complaints, as a matter of fact more than 75% of my own friend list all quit the game after all the powerleveling and game bugs/glitches abuse that went on and still go on today. This is nothing new i was assuming.


Flame Private Third Class
Con 49
Thm 32

According to your profile. Couldn't squeak out that final level???

Listen, in my book, you are a new player. I can understand you wanting to start fresh with us legacy players, but we don't want to lose our progress, and the hours upon hours we spent completing content for primal weapons or darklight gear or the crazy imperial hats they added at the end of the game. We will be starting fresh jobs as they add them though, as you can bet every single legacy player will be running around with a carbuncle.

Quote:

You keep mentioning/implying that people used bugs/cheats to get to where they are?

Only three come to mind:
1/ RMT spam Godwin Goodgoat. This does need to be fixed, but that doesn't justify wiping everyone clean.
2/ The infamous BLM burn Garuda. That was an oversight from the Development Team.
3/ Abandoning leves back in 2011. This too was fixed and changed to discourage players from this.

Powerleveling isn't broken, or as broken as you keep making it out to be. You can get a similar pace by having rested EXP and doing leves.


I'm actually surprised more people didn't know about the 4th method... Just shows it wasn't as popular as everything thinks.

When they added the ability to hit other players' mobs, and removed the claiming system, it opened a new level of PLs.

We would go to Tam-Tara deepcroft with level 1's and go into this room filled with wights. Bring a 50 Blm or War.

Blm runs out, hits blizzard, which aggroes liek 15 skeletons, then drops party, casts a powerful aoe spell, and since the enemies are still claimed to the party he was just in, they get all the exp for these level 35ish enemies.

Repeat until 30, then go to another camp with War (blm couldn't survive the harder ones) and do the same thing with Steel Cyclone. I did this for a few friends so they could have a level 50 job to experience the end of the world storyline because they resubbed late.

Edited, May 28th 2013 9:16am by Louiscool

Edited, May 28th 2013 9:18am by Louiscool
____________________________


#74 May 28 2013 at 8:10 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
I never came across that in XI and you could literally cap all 20 jobs in a month if you had to.


So long as you were living off your savings that month, septuple-boxing with a dedicated powerlevel, and had two gallons of meth at your side, you certainly could.


Naw, with GoV and Abyssea you can level up one job to 99 in a week of hard work and then do one job a day to 99 for the rest of the month.

True, you still couldn't be working to do that (probably take about ~8 hours a day), but you don't need the PL or the meth any more.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#75 May 28 2013 at 8:39 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
818 posts
Louiscool wrote:
KingAlkaiser wrote:
hello i was wondering if anyone knows if everyone level will start from scratch with the new 2.0 aka reborn?

i see a lot of people getting mad at this, but personally besides the crafting and gathering the game has gone through a lot of abusing techniques and things such as power leveling which pretty much was abused to ****? Am i alone on this or hoping the game will be done completely different that means the people also will have to work for their levels instead of starting 2.0 with every single job/class at maxed level?


Eh.. abused to **** is a strong phrase.

I leveled whm 1-40 power leveled. You know why? I was tired of doing the same levequests over and over after doing it for war, brd, drg, and blm. The party tools were weak at best, so no one partied until AT LEAST 35, but mostly 40-50.

Many other people were in this boat, though I know a few linkshells that were completely power-leveled. They were also known to be completely terrible at the game...


But levels aren't everything. They aren't even most things. You should think of 50 as low level, because there will most definitely be cap raises. When that happens, its ever ground again, both in levels and the gear we endlessly exploded to try and craft the perfect triple melded gloves with +42 str on them. (Please don't take them away from me)


This is accurate. I actually, without power level, solo'd to level 50 in about 1.5 Months playing weekends only.VERY repetitive.
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#76 May 28 2013 at 9:18 AM Rating: Good
***
1,112 posts
BartelX wrote:

Meh, fair enough. I kinda see that as taking a competitive advantage over new players, but that's probably just me. Would that mean you'd carry over your AF gear, your primal weapons, relics, etc as well? Because that kinda seems like it would defeat the purpose of wanting to start over, since you'd already be basically decked out once you could ding into that gear. Or do you mean just keeping stuff like the Goobbue mount and the 1.0-exclusives? That I can understand.


Yeah, that last part. Strip everything off your character except those things that you cannot re-get, and start back at level 1. So, AF etc all to go ready to be slogged out for again!

I can't think of any item that you'd keep in this way that would give you an advantage over other players. Can anyone else? Admittedly, I didn't really hammer out any end-game in 1.0 (I got a few Ifrit weapons for jobs I didnt have leveled, that was about it).
____________________________
To endanger the soul endangers all,
when the soul is endangered it must become a Warrior.
#77 May 28 2013 at 9:22 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Kordain wrote:
BartelX wrote:

Meh, fair enough. I kinda see that as taking a competitive advantage over new players, but that's probably just me. Would that mean you'd carry over your AF gear, your primal weapons, relics, etc as well? Because that kinda seems like it would defeat the purpose of wanting to start over, since you'd already be basically decked out once you could ding into that gear. Or do you mean just keeping stuff like the Goobbue mount and the 1.0-exclusives? That I can understand.


Yeah, that last part. Strip everything off your character except those things that you cannot re-get, and start back at level 1. So, AF etc all to go ready to be slogged out for again!

I can't think of any item that you'd keep in this way that would give you an advantage over other players. Can anyone else? Admittedly, I didn't really hammer out any end-game in 1.0 (I got a few Ifrit weapons for jobs I didnt have leveled, that was about it).


Gotcha, then I definitely understand what you're saying and could see how people would want that.
#78 May 28 2013 at 9:44 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
If I had to do another 1 million chocobo escorts to get the key item "About Beastmen" for the relic weapon quest I might strangle the whole chocobo pack.
____________________________


1 2 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)