I've been playin MMO's for years but have abandoned the FF series way back in 2005. I was thinking of getting back into Final Fantasy; for the storyline, graphics, and most importantly the challenging gameplay and harshness for making mistakes and dying like back in FFXI old days.(********* I know).
Since I never gave FFXIV a try yet and it was the newest mmo, I thought I'd give it a try. While doing some research today, I was having trouble finding out at what stage the current game was at? None of the newsletters I read didn't have a date on them and although I did see several "reborn version 2.0" references, I couldn't actually tell if it was already released yet or not. I'm assuming that it hasnt' been and they haven't given a release date yet?
A few more questions if you guys can help I'd really appreciate it!
1) Is the game/combat/crafting challenging or super easy?
2) Can I level up alone or will I need to find a group?
3) Is there any pvp?
4) Is the current game downloadable, or am I off to the nearest game store? A free trial would even be better!
5) Is the current game free or is there a monthly fee?
6) Is there many north americans playing(or even active game worlds)? What would be the best choice in server to start on?
Edit: 7) Is there much smiliarities between FFXI & FFXIV? :P
Edit 2: 8) It appears 2.0 scheduled for October, will everyone be starting from scratch or do you continues on as before 2.0?
Really appreciate any answers you can give.
Edited, Sep 14th 2012 7:17pm by Zornov
Edited, Sep 14th 2012 7:29pm by Zornov