Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Interview With YoshidaFollow

#1 Oct 24 2012 at 11:51 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
818 posts
Good interview that certainly helps to ease my doubts about the game.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff14/ff14arrint.html

____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#2 Oct 24 2012 at 2:43 PM Rating: Excellent
A big question that I've never seen clearly answered is whether the main scenario quest will start new for everyone at V 2.0. The dev team keeps saying how the cutscenes and quest content will be completely different, but will people who have already progressed through the main story be able to do those quests? Or will we just have to watch the cutscenes in our MH and try to piece it together as best as we can?
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#3 Oct 24 2012 at 2:52 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
818 posts
Thayos wrote:
A big question that I've never seen clearly answered is whether the main scenario quest will start new for everyone at V 2.0. The dev team keeps saying how the cutscenes and quest content will be completely different, but will people who have already progressed through the main story be able to do those quests? Or will we just have to watch the cutscenes in our MH and try to piece it together as best as we can?


Interesting questions. I believe there will be new story as he once put that will "contradict" some things in the current. BUT, for those of us who completed the story I'm sure they will have some higher level stuff that will add on to the old one.
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#4 Oct 24 2012 at 5:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,310 posts
Thayos wrote:
A big question that I've never seen clearly answered is whether the main scenario quest will start new for everyone at V 2.0. The dev team keeps saying how the cutscenes and quest content will be completely different, but will people who have already progressed through the main story be able to do those quests? Or will we just have to watch the cutscenes in our MH and try to piece it together as best as we can?


Seems like even the most basic ARR sub has several character slots. Unless I miss my guess, I think the idea is to start a new character to see the new starting content if you're so inclined.
#5 Oct 24 2012 at 6:02 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
588 posts
Xoie wrote:
Thayos wrote:
A big question that I've never seen clearly answered is whether the main scenario quest will start new for everyone at V 2.0. The dev team keeps saying how the cutscenes and quest content will be completely different, but will people who have already progressed through the main story be able to do those quests? Or will we just have to watch the cutscenes in our MH and try to piece it together as best as we can?


Seems like even the most basic ARR sub has several character slots. Unless I miss my guess, I think the idea is to start a new character to see the new starting content if you're so inclined.


I personally think if people don't want to re-roll or start over after 2.0 launches SE will have failed. The new content in the game needs to be immersive, expansive and interesting enough that even the guys who have been around since SE opened the servers will want to start over and over again to see all the new stuff. If SE convinces the vast majority to do so I would consider that a good measure towards the games success.

Edited, Oct 24th 2012 8:02pm by kainsilv
____________________________



#6 Oct 25 2012 at 2:23 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Yeah, I'm actually totally going to re-roll myself a lady Roegadyn. I may not retire my Cat Who Lalafelle character completely, but I'm eager to be something completely different, especially something that was denied to me in XI.

Edited, Oct 25th 2012 4:23pm by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#7 Oct 25 2012 at 2:25 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
*
106 posts
kainsilv wrote:
I personally think if people don't want to re-roll or start over after 2.0 launches SE will have failed. The new content in the game needs to be immersive, expansive and interesting enough that even the guys who have been around since SE opened the servers will want to start over and over again to see all the new stuff. If SE convinces the vast majority to do so I would consider that a good measure towards the games success.

I only have one job at 50, and there is no way I am starting over. I would just quit playing.

I want to experience the new content, but with my existing character...I don't have the time or the desire to repeat the grind. Why should I have to pay the price for them releasing a sub-par game two years ago?
____________________________
FFXIV: Nimoy Riese / Hyperion
FFXI: Nimoy / Pandemonium
#8 Oct 25 2012 at 3:10 PM Rating: Good
***
2,202 posts
Because it was your choice to keep playing a sub par game for 2 years...... Maybe ?
____________________________
MUTED
#9 Oct 25 2012 at 3:35 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
818 posts
Ostia wrote:
Because it was your choice to keep playing a sub par game for 2 years...... Maybe ?



2 years? lol I can't speak for him but it took me like a month of semi-casual play to hit 50. I just started and have been billed once before they suspended billing. I have one job at 50 and one at 30.
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#10 Oct 25 2012 at 4:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
588 posts
Nainz wrote:
kainsilv wrote:
I personally think if people don't want to re-roll or start over after 2.0 launches SE will have failed. The new content in the game needs to be immersive, expansive and interesting enough that even the guys who have been around since SE opened the servers will want to start over and over again to see all the new stuff. If SE convinces the vast majority to do so I would consider that a good measure towards the games success.

I only have one job at 50, and there is no way I am starting over. I would just quit playing.

I want to experience the new content, but with my existing character...I don't have the time or the desire to repeat the grind. Why should I have to pay the price for them releasing a sub-par game two years ago?


I think you missed my point. I don't think SE should force you but if they can't convince you that experiencing the new version from scratch will be better than everything you experienced over the last 2 years, then I consider that a measure of failure. You should want to re-roll, because the promise of newer more engaging content awaits. I personally want to see if SE has been able to recreate all aspects of XIV into something we want to experience anew not just once but over and over again.
____________________________



#11 Oct 26 2012 at 2:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
I want to experience the new content, but with my existing character...I don't have the time or the desire to repeat the grind. Why should I have to pay the price for them releasing a sub-par game two years ago?



This is where I stand, too. I didn't powerlevel my way to to lvl 50 like so many others did, so I really don't want to spend any additional time re-grinding on jobs I already have. I could make a mule for crafting or gathering, perhaps, and level that mule to get through the main story.

What I'm hoping though is that everyone will start the game at Square 1 on the main story quest, and the only thing you keep from Version 1 would be your gear, gil, levels, etc.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#12 Oct 26 2012 at 4:08 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
Hopefully SE will deliver a very intriguing and well presented story line, that everybody will want to follow, even if the rewards are sub-par if you are level 40+(At the start atleast i guess.)

And who knows maybe they do have surprises for us at cap level, after all they have had 2 years to come up with something, and they have a lot of material they have taken from the other series to come up with something..... There is no excuse this time around.... You have Meteor, FFVI magitek empire, crystal tower, materia, eidolons etc etc...... What more lore do you need to deliver a good story ?
____________________________
MUTED
#13 Oct 26 2012 at 4:25 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
315 posts
I'm pretty sure they said the main story wouldn't start over from the beginning for people who have already progressed through some or all of it but the story is only changing enough to reflect the dalamud events and I think that's all. They did say if you are currently on a quest you haven't finished you would have to start it from the beginning but not the entire storyline though. Don't ask for any quotes on that cause I'm not gonna search for it I'm too lazy that's what I remember reading though or at least something along those lines.
#14 Oct 26 2012 at 7:08 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
818 posts
I didn't powerlevel either but Square certainly made it easier to do lately with it only taking me a month or so of slightly higher than casual grinding. I will probably use 2.0 to level my Conjurer past 21 so I can get a few spells from that class to add to my PLD (such as stoneskin).
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 15 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (15)