Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Alpha First Look: Video 2 - GridaniaFollow

#1 Nov 08 2012 at 7:09 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
428 posts
Here is "Gridania," our second entry in the Alpha First Look video series!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AQb_t5zkfoY

This video takes us on a tour through the completely revamped Gridania. The city-state has taken on an all-new look that features everything from a refurbished aetheryte plaza to cuddly delivery moogles! We really wanted to liven up the mood of the entire metropolis, so we focused on bringing the surrounding environment to life by adding babbling brooks, lush foliage, and a dynamic populace. You'll also notice that the names of unique landmarks appear on screen as you explore.

Be sure to let us know what you think!


Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/57341-Alpha-First-Look-Video-2-Gridania?p=878802#post878802

Edited, Nov 8th 2012 8:10am by OnyxFFXI
#2 Nov 08 2012 at 7:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Looks awesome!
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#3 Nov 08 2012 at 7:40 AM Rating: Good
**
863 posts
I love that they have remade so much of the world, feels really exciting to know that even if it is in some ways still the same game there is going to be so much new in every way that it will probably feel like a new game that is somehow familiar.

One thing I hope they do with these new changes to everything is make sure to add hidden secrets and places. Exploring just for the sake of exploring is fun, but when you know there might be a secret around the next corner it is all the more fun and exciting.
#4 Nov 08 2012 at 8:06 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
240 posts
Whoa! I'm excited. Gridania very much has a Shire quality to it now, especially the music there. I'm pumped to see how they remake Limsa (my home) and Ul'dah. I'm hoping something reminds me of Bastok, albeit a severely improved Bastok. Great job, SE.

Edited, Nov 8th 2012 11:40am by Asherr
____________________________
FFXI (Cerberus)
Asherr
NIN 99, WAR 99, THF 99, DRG 75
Rank 10 (Bastok)
CoP: Complete
RotZ: Complete
Dynamis: Complete
Smithing 52 (Journeyman)
Linkshells: ClanDestine/Immortality/Synergy
_____________________________________
FFXIV
Asherr Onokage
WAR 50, DRG 50
Storm Sergeant Lieutenant
Linkshell: ClanDestine
____________________________________
#5 Nov 08 2012 at 10:07 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
194 posts
the ambient sound design really pulls you in! It's very reassuring to see the upped level of detail/nuance d(^.^)b

no more clunkiness, and jump!

AND MOST importantly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rQ8fHViplbE#t=114s



Edited, Nov 8th 2012 8:13am by justamemory
____________________________
VG Piano @ www.youtube.com/xjustamem0ryx
#6 Nov 08 2012 at 10:35 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
818 posts
Very Excited to see what the rest of the world will look like. They did a great job on this for sure. I'm going to write up a blog right now covering what I think. For those of you that think all I do is complain and hate Squeenix and FF, I urge you to read the upcoming praise blog.
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#7 Nov 08 2012 at 11:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
194 posts
electromagnet83 wrote:
Very Excited to see what the rest of the world will look like. They did a great job on this for sure. I'm going to write up a blog right now covering what I think. For those of you that think all I do is complain and hate Squeenix and FF, I urge you to read the upcoming praise blog.


Critical Because We Care™

:D
____________________________
VG Piano @ www.youtube.com/xjustamem0ryx
#8 Nov 08 2012 at 12:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Still sterile and static as it gets,
(someone mopped even the gravel and the leaves, eh?)
but still much, much better than what we had.
#9 Nov 08 2012 at 12:17 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
To pinpoint the problem:
too much light and too little black in that "black shroud".
Who of you guys has been to a forest recently?
My last visit was 4 months ago, but I still remember the dirt and the cracking twigs.
As well as the deep shadows.
And the dancing leaves.
...
Not "mystic" enough.
And the NPCs are still frozen stiff.
Or frozen in a torturous loop, like that poor post moogle.

#10 Nov 08 2012 at 12:17 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
818 posts
http://boredom-inspires.blogspot.com/2012/11/final-fantasy-xiv-offical-alpha-gameplay.html

My thoughts on what I saw. As always: Don't like it? Don't like me? Don't read it. For those that do care, take a peek.
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#11 Nov 08 2012 at 12:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
534 posts
To me it just looks updated. More things to look at. More fluid/less choppy.

I like the docks. One can hope for a boat ride perhaps...?

Overall, If I was to give the original a solid C...this would be a B+.

Didn't they say that the city zones would not change as much as the other zones? If so...pretty exciting to see everything else.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#12 Nov 08 2012 at 12:30 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Quote:
Don't like it? Don't like me? Don't read it.

Hard to tell whether I like it before I read it, eh?
Your blog describes the improvements very well.

However the
Quote:
"We see more trees, bushes, plants, vines, waterfalls, an amphitheater, and townsfolk who - although not as lively as what we saw in XII for example - seem much more organic than what we saw in 1.0. "

made me shake my head. I bet the poor Maisenta @2:25 will still be sitting on that counter even after sunset, throughout summer, spring and christmas and even if the garlean empire set the town on fire. That's not "organic", that's "arranged".
#13 Nov 08 2012 at 12:40 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
818 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Quote:
Don't like it? Don't like me? Don't read it.

Hard to tell whether I like it before I read it, eh?
Your blog describes the improvements very well.

However the
Quote:
"We see more trees, bushes, plants, vines, waterfalls, an amphitheater, and townsfolk who - although not as lively as what we saw in XII for example - seem much more organic than what we saw in 1.0. "

made me shake my head. I bet the poor Maisenta @2:25 will still be sitting on that counter even after sunset, throughout summer, spring and christmas and even if the garlean empire set the town on fire. That's not "organic", that's "arranged".


Well there are some on this forum who flat-out don't care to even read them. That was kind of directed at them. I agree the Maisenta will be sitting there for eternity (I wish they would consider simply moving NPCs with each update or something to avoid this) but overall the town feels less static than 1.0 for sure. Hopefully they'll continue the improvements.
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#14 Nov 08 2012 at 12:50 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Yes. Btw, some Nero guy on the official forum (who completely misinterpreted his own sig) just wrote this:

Quote:
Do we need another 1000 post-thread about "back-paddel" to prove those people wrong in the end, since it is alpha? The actual build of the game is further ahead, that is the alpha client and just created to test what SE wanted to test in alpha, which is obviously not animations. There is a BIG LOGO in the bottom left corner which says ALPHA-Version.. gosh you people are hilarious.


And I've heard the same ******** 2 years ago.

Possibly, the town will feel more lively when droves of new players are swarming it. Because now, all of them will actually be displayed! ^^
#15 Nov 08 2012 at 1:09 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
181 posts


Nice spelling of official.

electromagnet83 wrote:
Well there are some on this forum who flat-out don't care to even read them. That was kind of directed at them.


Cool lad is cool.
#16 Nov 08 2012 at 1:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Regarding moving NPCS: I'd rather not have to chase down someone I need for a quest. However I get that you guys want them to do more than just stand there stiffly. My only other MMO experience has been XI (I did play WoW for a bit but not as extensively) and the majority of them are static (yes there are some running around but they are a small percentage).

Regarding the whole "it's Alpha" sentiment: that may be, but SE had one Alpha already to get things right and they blew it. This alpha needs to be polished to beta levels, and the beta needs to be a release preview in all honesty if they plan on getting any doubters back. Otherwise they'll take one look and if it's too rough just pass since they were burned the first time around. That being said, this alpha footage looks awesome, much better than other alphas I've had the privilege of participating in, so I think maybe they're aware of the scrutiny.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#17 Nov 08 2012 at 1:52 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
428 posts
If certain non essential NPCs moved around, similar to the Radiance system used by the Elder Scrolls games, I think it would be a very nice touch. Still, I think what they have shown here looks so much better than 1.0.

The missing animations, such as not moving feet when turning, and not shifting weight when landing the jump, are so minor and are things they can easily be patched. It is nothing like the monumental problems that never got fixed from 1.0 alpha such as poor UI, server load distribution issues causing lag, copy-pasta'd terrains, etc. People trying to draw parallels there are reaching a bit I think.
#18 Nov 08 2012 at 2:03 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
818 posts
RampagingAnts wrote:


Nice spelling of official.

electromagnet83 wrote:
Well there are some on this forum who flat-out don't care to even read them. That was kind of directed at them.


Cool lad is cool.


OnyxFFXI wrote:
If certain non essential NPCs moved around, similar to the Radiance system used by the Elder Scrolls games, I think it would be a very nice touch. Still, I think what they have shown here looks so much better than 1.0.

The missing animations, such as not moving feet when turning, and not shifting weight when landing the jump, are so minor and are things they can easily be patched. It is nothing like the monumental problems that never got fixed from 1.0 alpha such as poor UI, server load distribution issues causing lag, copy-pasta'd terrains, etc. People trying to draw parallels there are reaching a bit I think.


The feet not moving is why I am not a fan of the standard MMO control scheme. For some reason they all, now FFXIV included, allow you you to rotate 360 degrees with your character not actually moving a muscle. It's really fake looking.


Edited, Nov 8th 2012 3:15pm by electromagnet83
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#19 Nov 08 2012 at 4:18 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
Rinsui wrote:
To pinpoint the problem:
too much light and too little black in that "black shroud".
Who of you guys has been to a forest recently?
My last visit was 4 months ago, but I still remember the dirt and the cracking twigs.
As well as the deep shadows.
And the dancing leaves.
...
Not "mystic" enough.
And the NPCs are still frozen stiff.
Or frozen in a torturous loop, like that poor post moogle.



I did like how the flap on the bag lifted as the moogle fell. Shows some attention to detail. As far as the forest thing goes, I have and I'm glad there isn't pinestraw everywhere. Lord knows chiggers are EVIL.
#20 Nov 08 2012 at 4:38 PM Rating: Good
**
327 posts
Would have been nice if they showed the full screen map in the video to see if they did away with all the looooong pathways . It did look as though everything was closer together and more compact.
____________________________



#21 Nov 08 2012 at 5:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
588 posts
I hope those are pretty standard load times (even in heavy server traffic) for transferring zones. Also, I really hope they don't show the name of the zone every time you cross through. It is neat once maybe even half a dozen times and after that I will want to shoot whoever thought of it.

Otherwise, I think I'm all good. As far as NPCs go... If SE can implement quests/content that spin an interesting story (maybe with a few entertaining cutscenes mixed in) I won't matter to me if the NPCs don't blink.

Edited, Nov 8th 2012 6:17pm by kainsilv
____________________________



#22 Nov 08 2012 at 5:59 PM Rating: Default
*
151 posts
It kinda reminds me of the woodland elf village in Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which to me isn't bad at all. I thought that had a real cozy feel. I think the music, the kids balancing on the stumps by the water, and that kinda cool meadow area with the fence and tree all take me back to that elf village kinda feel. Anyway, still early, but I think FFXIV one upped itself after seeing this. Don't know much yet about it, but it feels like a mmo I can actually get into again.
____________________________


#23 Nov 08 2012 at 7:24 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
265 posts
marsupialboy wrote:
Would have been nice if they showed the full screen map in the video to see if they did away with all the looooong pathways . It did look as though everything was closer together and more compact.


If you got in time to look at the images in the ARR alpha screens thread before they had to be removed, it had a full map of gridania, and all the long pathways were gone. Seemed a lot more compact and efficient ^^
____________________________
Crasy of Alexander, Member of SplatRangers

Monk. Need I say more?

#24 Nov 08 2012 at 7:35 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Rinsui wrote:
...frozen in a torturous loop, like that poor post moogle.


Hey, I'm glad someone else noticed that, too. It reminds me of models in many other games, too, where the designers make a smooth and interesting animation but seem to forget that the NPC will be repeating it over and over again, a dozen times each minute, forever.

Yes, it looks very fresh and lively the first couple times you see it, but after looking at it for only about 30 seconds the constant repetition begins to look very strange and actually detracts of the seeming liveliness of the character.

It also makes me feel bad for certain NPCs; your phrase, "frozen in a tortuous loop," sums it up perfectly.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#25 Nov 08 2012 at 7:37 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
SplatterPattern wrote:
I thought that had a real cozy feel... the kids balancing on the stumps by the water


Not that SE hasn't clearly changed things, but the same kids, stumps, playground equipment, etc. were in 1.0, as well.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#26 Nov 08 2012 at 11:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
It feels a little to big like Windurst the Tele crystal is close to stores for us anti social crafters but the leve desk is still to far to compete with Ul'dah group shout hub. The sharp turn at the entrance cliff I loved and hated since day one is gone. If I speed run drop there it gave me a clear path to the desk while other people was loading but my pc would grind or frequently crash there, it was worth it.
____________________________





#27 Nov 09 2012 at 5:07 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
An already pretty game, looks pretty.... Not bashing them or anything, game looks pleasant, but i am far more interested in content, than on looks.

____________________________
MUTED
#28 Nov 09 2012 at 9:40 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
194 posts
Rinsui wrote:
To pinpoint the problem:
too much light and too little black in that "black shroud".
Who of you guys has been to a forest recently?
My last visit was 4 months ago, but I still remember the dirt and the cracking twigs.
As well as the deep shadows.
And the dancing leaves.
...
Not "mystic" enough.


go to FFXIV Reddit and check the alpha leak screens.
____________________________
VG Piano @ www.youtube.com/xjustamem0ryx
#29 Nov 09 2012 at 1:00 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
...frozen in a torturous loop, like that poor post moogle.


Hey, I'm glad someone else noticed that, too. It reminds me of models in many other games, too, where the designers make a smooth and interesting animation but seem to forget that the NPC will be repeating it over and over again, a dozen times each minute, forever.

Yes, it looks very fresh and lively the first couple times you see it, but after looking at it for only about 30 seconds the constant repetition begins to look very strange and actually detracts of the seeming liveliness of the character.

It also makes me feel bad for certain NPCs; your phrase, "frozen in a tortuous loop," sums it up perfectly.


I'm hoping that's the "you have mail" animation and once the moogle hands you your stuff, his load is considerably lighter.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#30 Nov 09 2012 at 3:13 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
374 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Still sterile and static as it gets,
(someone mopped even the gravel and the leaves, eh?)
but still much, much better than what we had.


Rinsui wrote:
To pinpoint the problem:
too much light and too little black in that "black shroud".
Who of you guys has been to a forest recently?
My last visit was 4 months ago, but I still remember the dirt and the cracking twigs.
As well as the deep shadows.
And the dancing leaves.
...
Not "mystic" enough.
And the NPCs are still frozen stiff.
Or frozen in a torturous loop, like that poor post moogle.



-Editing this for the "worst use of the English language award"

Aren't NPCs in MMOs usually more on the static side because people don't want to spend hours just trying to track down an NPC?

I'm all for making them roam about, however.... with the level of complaining that goes on (we live in the I don't want to explore/work I just want to mash buttons and hit things era) I think this would lead to a crap storm of people complaining.

Edited, Nov 9th 2012 4:24pm by je355804
#31 Nov 09 2012 at 9:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
Rinsui wrote:
To pinpoint the problem:
too much light and too little black in that "black shroud".
Who of you guys has been to a forest recently?
My last visit was 4 months ago, but I still remember the dirt and the cracking twigs.
As well as the deep shadows.
And the dancing leaves.


This isn't Forest Sim 2.0 its ******* FFXIV.


nice poem though.


____________________________
monk
dragoon

#32 Nov 09 2012 at 9:49 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
je355804 wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
Still sterile and static as it gets,
(someone mopped even the gravel and the leaves, eh?)
but still much, much better than what we had.


Rinsui wrote:
To pinpoint the problem:
too much light and too little black in that "black shroud".
Who of you guys has been to a forest recently?
My last visit was 4 months ago, but I still remember the dirt and the cracking twigs.
As well as the deep shadows.
And the dancing leaves.
...
Not "mystic" enough.
And the NPCs are still frozen stiff.
Or frozen in a torturous loop, like that poor post moogle.



-Editing this for the "worst use of the English language award"

Aren't NPCs in MMOs usually more on the static side because people don't want to spend hours just trying to track down an NPC?

I'm all for making them roam about, however.... with the level of complaining that goes on (we live in the I don't want to explore/work I just want to mash buttons and hit things era) I think this would lead to a crap storm of people complaining.

Edited, Nov 9th 2012 4:24pm by je355804


i agree about npcs needing to be roaming more. they do so in GW2 and you wouldnt believe how much life it adds to the world. and who cares if your quest giver npc isnt sitting in the same exact spot. quest giving npcs are soooo 2011 anyway.


also, from a purely aesthetic perspective, i miss the transitional mocap animations when suddenly changing direction or stopping. i recognize that animations like those can be detrimental to "tight" gameplay though. on that subject, i second the hatred for the the weird mmo trope of turning 360 degrees as if on a rotating microwave dish. (the power of the crystal keeps your feet from moving!)

Edited, Nov 9th 2012 10:56pm by Llester
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#33 Nov 09 2012 at 10:23 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
As a person who hasnt played in over a year I have to be honest it looks vey very similar to what I remember. I am sure there are 50+ little minor things you can point out to me in that first video that are different but its just minor changes from what I see. When I think of a relaunch of a failed game trying to shake off the old and put its best foot forward this isnt what I picture. I feel like it should almost be unrecognizable similar to how blizzard did with wow in the cata xpac(maybe even more dramatic being as they would like to distance themselves from the original as much as possible. Where Cata was just an xpac)

I hope the game turns out amazing as I have quite a lot of gil stored up and almost all classes to 50 but honestly I am just not seeing it.

Edited, Nov 9th 2012 11:23pm by tpgsoldier
____________________________


#34 Nov 10 2012 at 12:08 AM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
tpgsoldier wrote:
As a person who hasnt played in over a year I have to be honest it looks vey very similar to what I remember. I am sure there are 50+ little minor things you can point out to me in that first video that are different but its just minor changes from what I see. When I think of a relaunch of a failed game trying to shake off the old and put its best foot forward this isnt what I picture. I feel like it should almost be unrecognizable similar to how blizzard did with wow in the cata xpac(maybe even more dramatic being as they would like to distance themselves from the original as much as possible. Where Cata was just an xpac)

I hope the game turns out amazing as I have quite a lot of gil stored up and almost all classes to 50 but honestly I am just not seeing it.

Edited, Nov 9th 2012 11:23pm by tpgsoldier


Well; all maps have been redone and split. We will have beaucedine type zones.
Zoning looks like FF12.
Entire economy will be 1/10 what it was; npc prices, selling/buying and your gil amount. I have 24 now but I'll have 2.4 in 2.0.
Entire GUI for both controls (think x-bar from a few popular console games) and keyboard mouse (standard mmo scheme)

That's just a few things.

Everyone has their dislike's of what the game was before; but if you can't see what they've done; I can't really answer that for you.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#35 Nov 10 2012 at 1:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
90% of the assets are all new.

if nothing else its obvious that its running with a new and better engine.
entire UI redone.
new BGM
jumping
all new evironmental assets. while i could clearly recognize the layout of old gridania, i could also clearly see that everything in it from the ground to the buildings to the sky was changed.

the art style has also clearly changed. a brighter color palette and a subtle departure from hyper-real models/textures.

to me, it all feels a lot more "Final Fantasy", which is an improvement but then i never really had issue with how the game looked. i do prefer this so far though, speaking as a gridanian.

but i mean, its still gonna be a bunch of wooden buildings in a forest.
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#36 Nov 10 2012 at 8:37 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
818 posts
tpgsoldier wrote:
As a person who hasnt played in over a year I have to be honest it looks vey very similar to what I remember. I am sure there are 50+ little minor things you can point out to me in that first video that are different but its just minor changes from what I see. When I think of a relaunch of a failed game trying to shake off the old and put its best foot forward this isnt what I picture. I feel like it should almost be unrecognizable similar to how blizzard did with wow in the cata xpac(maybe even more dramatic being as they would like to distance themselves from the original as much as possible. Where Cata was just an xpac)

I hope the game turns out amazing as I have quite a lot of gil stored up and almost all classes to 50 but honestly I am just not seeing it.

Edited, Nov 9th 2012 11:23pm by tpgsoldier


I agree with those above. If you can't see what has changed then I don't know what to tell you. It's almost a completely new game in every way possible.
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#37 Nov 10 2012 at 10:29 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
electromagnet83 wrote:
tpgsoldier wrote:
As a person who hasnt played in over a year I have to be honest it looks vey very similar to what I remember. I am sure there are 50+ little minor things you can point out to me in that first video that are different but its just minor changes from what I see. When I think of a relaunch of a failed game trying to shake off the old and put its best foot forward this isnt what I picture. I feel like it should almost be unrecognizable similar to how blizzard did with wow in the cata xpac(maybe even more dramatic being as they would like to distance themselves from the original as much as possible. Where Cata was just an xpac)

I hope the game turns out amazing as I have quite a lot of gil stored up and almost all classes to 50 but honestly I am just not seeing it.

Edited, Nov 9th 2012 11:23pm by tpgsoldier


I agree with those above. If you can't see what has changed then I don't know what to tell you. It's almost a completely new game in every way possible.


Its ok you dont have to tell me anything. I hope for the game to do well. Having another option for gaming is always good. I personally didnt see enough to make me get excited. There may be plenty more things(some people have already listed in this thread) that I dont know about that may make the game amazing but from the prospective of a former customer on the outside looking to be "WOW!!'d" back into playing the game I dont see it.
____________________________


#38 Nov 12 2012 at 6:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,033 posts
Gives off a strong FFXII vibe, and being a huge fan of that game, that makes me happy. Cannot wait for this.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 22 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (22)