Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Male Miqo'te Race?Follow

#1 Nov 09 2012 at 9:06 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
25 posts
Hey, i havnt seen many screenshots of the male Miqo'te race... wonder if people would share some of the male Miqo'te they have spotted?

Only one i really seen is..

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/img/screenshots/FINALFANTASY_XIV_ARR_PUB_0901_09.jpg

#2 Nov 09 2012 at 9:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Technically we can't have any links to anything from the ARR alpha due to the NDA, but from what I've seen elsewhere I haven't spotted any yet.

Edited, Nov 9th 2012 9:34am by Wint
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#3 Nov 09 2012 at 11:18 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
25 posts
aw alright, are they gunna send invite to the testing or did they already do that?
#4 Nov 09 2012 at 11:21 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
534 posts
they be already gunna send dem invites to Jpn playas. You from Jpn? If not...keep waitin.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#5 Nov 09 2012 at 1:34 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
153 posts
I think it was stated that that you can only slect female miqote and male hyur during alpha phase.
____________________________
AIM: offthachain
Playonline: Onineko
Sever: Carbuncle
#6 Nov 09 2012 at 2:39 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
25 posts
Becuase in one of their powerpoint road map things. They said that.. when the process comes all threw all current players will be able to recustomize their characters, Race gender etc etc.

I originally was a lalafel and... im kinda tired of being short so. I was happy to hear that. Then in that same powerpoint i saw that they had Male Miqo'te as an option which was pretty cool! So... yea..
#7 Nov 09 2012 at 2:55 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,270 posts
That and alpha only has certain class and races available at the moment so they might not be unlocked yet
#8 Nov 12 2012 at 10:34 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
153 posts
http://thesilentchief.com/2012/01/04/this-is-what-a-male-miqote-looks-like-in-final-fantasy-xiv/
____________________________
AIM: offthachain
Playonline: Onineko
Sever: Carbuncle
#9 Nov 12 2012 at 1:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
25 posts
sweet! thanks!

Hope the hair styles are nice!
#10 Nov 12 2012 at 7:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
25 posts
#11 Nov 12 2012 at 7:36 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
25 posts
#12 Nov 13 2012 at 4:25 PM Rating: Decent
**
598 posts
Seriously, am I the only one disappointed with male miqo'te option?

That's a joke btw. Kinda... ~sigh

In all seriousness, it's my limited understanding that giraffe's are better acc. race than cats in FFIV? Off topic but can someone verify? Forgive my ignorance. I'm a locked out ps3er.

*edit race rather than class



Edited, Nov 13th 2012 5:35pm by ShindaUsagi
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#13 Nov 14 2012 at 4:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,033 posts
Yeah, the males look terrible. There's nothing catlike or exotic about them. They just look like hyur males with cat ears and a tail.
#14 Nov 15 2012 at 9:48 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
They have a slightly leaner build, actually. Much like how the females are more petite than their Hyur counterparts.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#15 Nov 15 2012 at 7:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
25 posts
I think with them being "a leaner build" said..
I think when it comes to height options too, they maybe be able to be made shorter then the human males.
#16 Nov 16 2012 at 2:47 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,232 posts
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Seriously, am I the only one disappointed with male miqo'te option?

That's a joke btw. Kinda... ~sigh

In all seriousness, it's my limited understanding that giraffe's are better acc. race than cats in FFIV? Off topic but can someone verify? Forgive my ignorance. I'm a locked out ps3er.

*edit race rather than class



Edited, Nov 13th 2012 5:35pm by ShindaUsagi


I'm a bit disappointed too. Most cat species male/female are pretty similar, but I think they could have gone in a different direction. I mean even Lion-O or Panthro from the Thundercats are more hard-@$$ than these guys. I was hoping for something a bit more masculine and a bit less metrosexual.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#17 Nov 16 2012 at 3:30 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,149 posts
catwho wrote:
They have a slightly leaner build, actually. Much like how the females are more petite than their Hyur counterparts.

girlyman.jpg
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#18 Nov 16 2012 at 6:06 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
LebargeX wrote:
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Seriously, am I the only one disappointed with male miqo'te option?

That's a joke btw. Kinda... ~sigh

In all seriousness, it's my limited understanding that giraffe's are better acc. race than cats in FFIV? Off topic but can someone verify? Forgive my ignorance. I'm a locked out ps3er.

*edit race rather than class



Edited, Nov 13th 2012 5:35pm by ShindaUsagi


I'm a bit disappointed too. Most cat species male/female are pretty similar, but I think they could have gone in a different direction. I mean even Lion-O or Panthro from the Thundercats are more hard-@$$ than these guys. I was hoping for something a bit more masculine and a bit less metrosexual.


So...Roegadyn then? I mean, give them fuzzy pointy ears and a tail and that's what you'd have.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#19 Nov 16 2012 at 10:18 AM Rating: Good
***
2,010 posts
BrokenFox wrote:
Yeah, the males look terrible. There's nothing catlike or exotic about them. They just look like hyur males with cat ears and a tail.


To be fair the female Miqo'te aren't particularly catlike either. At least, not when compared with the Mithra.
#20 Nov 16 2012 at 11:51 AM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Wint wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Seriously, am I the only one disappointed with male miqo'te option?

That's a joke btw. Kinda... ~sigh

In all seriousness, it's my limited understanding that giraffe's are better acc. race than cats in FFIV? Off topic but can someone verify? Forgive my ignorance. I'm a locked out ps3er.

*edit race rather than class



Edited, Nov 13th 2012 5:35pm by ShindaUsagi


I'm a bit disappointed too. Most cat species male/female are pretty similar, but I think they could have gone in a different direction. I mean even Lion-O or Panthro from the Thundercats are more hard-@$$ than these guys. I was hoping for something a bit more masculine and a bit less metrosexual.


So...Roegadyn then? I mean, give them fuzzy pointy ears and a tail and that's what you'd have.


Yeah, I guess you do have a point there. Maybe something in between then?
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#21 Nov 16 2012 at 11:53 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
LebargeX wrote:
Wint wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Seriously, am I the only one disappointed with male miqo'te option?

That's a joke btw. Kinda... ~sigh

In all seriousness, it's my limited understanding that giraffe's are better acc. race than cats in FFIV? Off topic but can someone verify? Forgive my ignorance. I'm a locked out ps3er.

*edit race rather than class



Edited, Nov 13th 2012 5:35pm by ShindaUsagi


I'm a bit disappointed too. Most cat species male/female are pretty similar, but I think they could have gone in a different direction. I mean even Lion-O or Panthro from the Thundercats are more hard-@$$ than these guys. I was hoping for something a bit more masculine and a bit less metrosexual.


So...Roegadyn then? I mean, give them fuzzy pointy ears and a tail and that's what you'd have.


Yeah, I guess you do have a point there. Maybe something in between then?


I dunno, they look the way I'd picture them, a little more effeminate than hume and elvaan.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#22 Nov 18 2012 at 2:17 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
25 posts
What differs them from humans is the face markings and the really tan skin. The skin color is like fur color.

With that, its made by japanese artists which cat girls and cat boys is a thing there. yaknow?
#23 Nov 18 2012 at 3:27 PM Rating: Decent
*****
12,622 posts
I imagine with the amount of customization, it will be possible to have a more "manly" looking Manthra. Bare in mind, they are simply going with the art direction that the designer chose at character creation.
____________________________
Blah
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 25 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (25)