Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Returning for 2.0 (Sorry if this is an annoying Q by now...)Follow

#1 Nov 13 2012 at 8:23 AM Rating: Decent
3 posts
Hey all,

I have a little bit of a different perspective regarding the new 2.0 reboot coming, compared to most of the forums I've been looking at. The problems with mechanics, boring seamlessness, UI, etc were only enough to make me annoyed sometimes. The real reason I always wanted to play FFXIV was because I played FFXI for years, and it still has a place in my heart.

In FFXI, I had come to really value my character, because I built him up with a ridiculous amount of hard work (Samurai, enough said? :) ), I played since Beta, and probably for 2-3 years since launch. Anyway, I had really hoped FFXIV would give me that same kind of feeling, of being drawn into a world and valuing the time and effort I put into my char, linkshells, etc.

But, I played FFXIV for probably a month from launch, and all it ever did was disappoint me. I think a lot of it was that I felt as though I was just leveling different weapons, instead of leveling a job. Anyway, I know the mechanics are going to change a lot (and some already have), but I was really looking for the perspective of someone who played FFXI, and understands what I mean when I say: FFXI changed my life more than any other MMO, and am curious if the reboot of XIV will live up to that standard.

Thanks!

Edited, Nov 13th 2012 9:24am by SRSavior
#2 Nov 13 2012 at 10:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I'm not sure any MMO can live up to the first one that hooked you into MMO's in general. I do know I've started to miss being able to log into XIV, so that has to count for something right?
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#3 Nov 13 2012 at 8:23 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
I really want to believe that it's awesome again... just hope i can reactivate my account without the install disc or key! lol... in a year!
#4 Nov 14 2012 at 1:46 AM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
If you know your SE account name and password, you can log in, go to services, FFXIV and reactivate. You will find it under your account management if you dig around in there. Reactivating is easy. As for reinstalling... either get Daemon tools and find an online CD thing. Or 2.0 will have trials so I assume electronic download (FINALLY!). I would just wait and see because most likely there will be 2.0 electronic download.
#5 Nov 14 2012 at 1:49 AM Rating: Default
*
131 posts
And 2.0 is looking insanely promising with its immense housing feature, huge new beautiful world that is fully explorable (especially now with jump feature), and leveling will take longer. Also story quests are supposed to be getting big revamp so they should be intense. Unfortunately I don't feel much will happen in the terms of how current armory/classic job system works :( which sucks because classic jobs in XIV kiiiinda suck... lol. But combat itself looks really nice in 2.0. Much prettier! and UI looks really great as well. 2.0 will most definitely be worth the try, but only trying it will tell us if they implemented what they needed to to make this game survive.
#6 Nov 14 2012 at 2:22 AM Rating: Excellent
3 posts
I think that's one of the ironic things about FFXI. One of the reasons it was so memorable was because it was so ridiculously hard to build yourself up, and you had like a 50% chance of picking a job that was completely nerfed, lol. :p

I tried logging in, and it said my account was already deactivated (from probably like 6 months ago now), but I think I'm gonna check it out!
#7 Nov 14 2012 at 4:02 AM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
Haha yeeees... And really no reason not to. Don't even have to worry about reactivating at the moment because 2.0 WILL have the free trials, However to everyone that was subbed with servers went offline, I believe they get a free month when 2.0 goes live? Idk how that works really lol.
#8 Nov 14 2012 at 9:26 AM Rating: Decent
16 posts
I understand you completely, I played ffxi for 3 years I was a thf/nin. I have not played ffxiv ( waiting for ps3 version ) but from what I have read on these forums it just seems boring with no sense of accomplishments. Ffxi took skills, how many players had great gear but sucked when playing in a party!

Edited, Nov 14th 2012 10:27am by Turok1985
#9 Nov 14 2012 at 9:29 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
181 posts
Banwawgwa wrote:
and leveling will take longer.
Is this confirmed? The pace of leveling has been a huge issue with me in this game... would love to know this is 100% fact that leveling will be slower in ARR.
#10 Nov 14 2012 at 1:16 PM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
Yes it is confirmed. Developers HAVE stated that the leveling process will take much longer than it currently does in 1.0. I forget where I read this so I cannot link it :P. But I am sure it can be dug up through Google lol.
#11 Nov 14 2012 at 1:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I seem to remember it as well but I can't find any official links yet.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#12 Nov 14 2012 at 4:22 PM Rating: Default
****
9,526 posts
Wouldn't it be kind of ridiculous to make leveling take longer but leave a whole whack of people who basically got to powerlevel every existing job to 50?

I hope they wouldn't be so silly.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I would sort of expect them to leave getting to 50 easy (or make it even easier) and then add some HUGE grind to 50+ - but maybe I'm too rational or something.

It's easy to imagine them adding level 75 to the game in the first year and half of ARR. It's actually kind of neat how the game is sort of following the trajectory of XI in some ways - first AF around 50ish. Second AF around 75.

I really hate the combat system right now. I've made no bones about that. But I am cautiously hopeful they will retool it a bit during the revamp, and that additional levels (moar skills!) will make mages etc feel less boring, now that I think about it.



Edited, Nov 14th 2012 2:27pm by Olorinus
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#13 Nov 14 2012 at 4:45 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
181 posts
Olorinus wrote:
Wouldn't it be kind of ridiculous to make leveling take longer but leave a whole whack of people who basically got to powerlevel every existing job to 50?

I hope they wouldn't be so silly.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I would sort of expect them to leave getting to 50 easy (or make it even easier) and then add some HUGE grind to 50+ - but maybe I'm too rational or something.

It's easy to imagine them adding level 75 to the game in the first year and half of ARR. It's actually kind of neat how the game is sort of following the trajectory of XI in some ways - first AF around 50ish. Second AF around 75.

I really hate the combat system right now. I've made no bones about that. But I am cautiously hopeful they will retool it a bit during the revamp, and that additional levels (moar skills!) will make mages etc feel less boring, now that I think about it.



Edited, Nov 14th 2012 2:27pm by Olorinus

How is it rational to not fix this problem? Who cares if people already power leveled to 50? The rational thing would be to fix it now and have it right for the new servers and for when they raise the cap. What's the point of even having levels and low level content if your entire player base is going to be capped in the first month?
#14 Nov 15 2012 at 2:18 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
**
322 posts
They are probably going to urge new players to play on new servers. If your worried about it then thats what i would do. I think even some of the older players will probably make new charicters if they have a bunch of new people on thier servers and are having a hard time finding things to do at 50. I hope the community is helpful like back when I played XI, before everyone wanted you to have all super rare gear. I am sure there will be many options, my biggest concern for going to a server thats full of lvl 50s would be the economy, for low lvl players, and NM locations being controled by the high lvls the RMTs gonna be bad enough. These would concern me more than how many ppl who played before me, and stuck it out with a broken game, get, or got to lvl to 50 faster than I can in 2.0.
____________________________
Arucard (Retiered)
75 black mage 75 samurai 75 warrior 75 monk
75 Bard 69 Thief 75 White Mage
Formaly of Unicorn
-----------
FFXIV: Ashara Strangelove
Ultros Server
Whm 50, Blm 50, Smn/Sch 50, Drg 50, Pld 50, Brd 50
50 War, Bot 50, Mnr 50, Fsh 50

FC: Syn
#15 Nov 15 2012 at 7:06 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I've decided I'm going to start from scratch in 2.0, I want to give the whole game a fair shake.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#16 Nov 15 2012 at 9:14 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
676 posts
huhwhat wrote:
They are probably going to urge new players to play on new servers. If your worried about it then thats what i would do. I think even some of the older players will probably make new charicters if they have a bunch of new people on thier servers and are having a hard time finding things to do at 50. I hope the community is helpful like back when I played XI, before everyone wanted you to have all super rare gear. I am sure there will be many options, my biggest concern for going to a server thats full of lvl 50s would be the economy, for low lvl players, and NM locations being controled by the high lvls the RMTs gonna be bad enough. These would concern me more than how many ppl who played before me, and stuck it out with a broken game, get, or got to lvl to 50 faster than I can in 2.0.


They've already said that established players can only play on the servers they set aside for established players. Those are most likely the current servers. The new servers they make will be reserved only for brand new characters. This way the wont be a big daunting feeling for new players like they cant buy anything because prices are too high even though it may be really cheap compared to what most of the other players have. They will open the new servers for established players at a later time. We still don't know how the server thing will work yet, so I can't say which worlds will be where. It seems logical that we'd be able to select which server we go to when we get the 1 time option to remake our character when we first log into ARR. If it's an established character all they'd have to do is limit which servers that can be selected and their job is done. They are working on making it possible for us to change our names 1 time and yoshi believe they'll have it ready for launch.
____________________________
#17 Nov 15 2012 at 11:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
181 posts
Wint wrote:
I've decided I'm going to start from scratch in 2.0, I want to give the whole game a fair shake.

I'm thinking about doing the same. I'll probably wait until a few weeks before launch to see how many friends and family are coming back to decide whether or not I will though. If it weren't for them (mainly the family), I'd reroll on a new server without blinking an eye. It just seems like the experience of starting with everyone at zero again would be so much more exciting - New LS's being formed, meeting new players, progressing your character as you progress through the new story (instead of walking through it all as a 50 the whole time or being forced to play as an Arcanist), new economy, new race to level caps (it was so much fun tracking that on Pro during the first 3 or 4 months of 1.xx), learning each class/job the way it was meant to be learned (instead of coming in with 20 new skills and no idea how to use them - kind of like all the people who PL'd in 1.xx and had no idea how to play half of their classes), the excitement of working for that new piece of gear that nobody else can make yet, ect., ect., ect.

I don't know, I may be alone on this, but I really enjoy the journey to endgame in MMO's - almost just as much as the endgame itself.
#18 Nov 15 2012 at 12:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Yep I enjoy that part as well. I'm usually the last one to level cap, but I think I have more fun along the way Smiley: nod
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#19 Nov 15 2012 at 4:13 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Eh, I doubt I will reroll for ARR. If it wasn't for the crafting I've already done on Lux I would consider it more, but I can't stand the idea of losing all the progress I made through endless hours of mind-numbing grinding. I might make a mule on a fresh start server if all my friends go that way, but I can't see myself abandoning Lux in the long run.

If they increase the time it takes to level I definitely won't start over as I felt leveling took too long already for anyone not getting PLed.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#20 Nov 15 2012 at 9:05 PM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
Yeah I feel a lot of people will start from scratch. Why start a game at endgame. 2.0 is after all completely different. They are making getting to 50 take longer because there is a new story, new quests, areas are completely redone. This lets you enjoy the ride and hopefully they have some good endgame cooked up so we can enjoy the destination as well. I hate games that boom you to endgame in a snap. I like to take my time and see what there is to see.

And I know they did say it will take longer to level so it WILL. I don't know why someone would hate on this? This is a really good implementation they are putting in cuz like I said... how long will people stick around if they start at endgame and are stuck there till next expansion? They will most likely want a restart.
#21 Nov 15 2012 at 9:27 PM Rating: Good
***
2,202 posts
I will start from 0, to experience what the game has to offer, and really give it a shot, as for leveling i do hope they have made it more exciting and that if it does takes longer, it's because of the content that it has to offer, and not because of "Insert fanboy excuse here".
____________________________
MUTED
#22 Nov 15 2012 at 9:53 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
I played FFXI for 4 years and I really loved the game. And when I got 14 I was dissapointed, the attraction wasn't there anymore. However, I still played. Square Enix formally Sqaure Soft has always found a way to make RPG's better and more appealing. Do the comparison yourself, FF or WoW. I appriciate the people that are on the game as well. WoW people, they're just different.
#23 Nov 15 2012 at 10:31 PM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
WoW people are "LOL 10 yurs old!!" Haha one time... i tried going back with a free week and did an endgame dungeon. Two morons in my group started hurling ridiculous insults cuz I asked for any quests for the dungeon. They just kept going at it. Then at the final boss, the pulled HUGE mob then let me take all the aggro to kill me and left me there the whole fight to lose out on loot and completion marks... UGH what a mess WoW community is...
#24 Nov 16 2012 at 3:06 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,145 posts
Banwawgwa wrote:
WoW people are "LOL 10 yurs old!!" Haha one time... i tried going back with a free week and did an endgame dungeon. Two morons in my group started hurling ridiculous insults cuz I asked for any quests for the dungeon. They just kept going at it. Then at the final boss, the pulled HUGE mob then let me take all the aggro to kill me and left me there the whole fight to lose out on loot and completion marks... UGH what a mess WoW community is...


If half the population are ********, it's much easier to spot them when you're with thousands of other people; unless of course you're all alone Smiley: sly

Honestly, it's surprising how similar the communities between the two games are. FF fans are just as protective of their 'better community' (ironically the same elitist attitude that supposedly turns them off to WoW) as the hardcore WoW players are about bandwagoneers. It's the same mentality that makes FF fans say "Stick to WoW 10 yr olds" as it is that makes WoW fans say "L2Wowhead nub".

Don't take it personally, but I don't buy your story. You don't lose out on loot rolls or (I'm not sure what completion marks are) any other rewards like daily/weekly rewards. You just don't get to brag to your guild about how leet your deepz was. Even if there were an item you needed to loot from the boss for a quest or something, it would still be there after you made the short jaunt from the graveyard to get back to it.

Seems kinda desperate to make up stories about how bad your experience was.... Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#25 Nov 16 2012 at 3:53 AM Rating: Default
*
131 posts
Lol hardly made up... That was a kind of a nail in the coffin for me... Wasn't too interested in returning to WoW when this is what they had to offer... (definitely not the only experience during 7 freekin days lol) but this was the worst. It was a while ago and I forget the loot system exactly. I was pretty sure you don't get to roll if you are dead..... I don't mean examine corpse loot I mean the rare drop to build ilvl loot that everyone can roll for. Your roll also isn't counted if you are too far away I think? idk don't remember. All in all it was a frustrating idiotic experience.

But thanks though. You are just a super duper person (roll eyes)
#26 Nov 16 2012 at 7:38 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
I plan on starting a new twin in game since i just played for the main story line (that never ended). The 1/10th value thing is meaningless. I quit with around 45 million gil each on my three people.I'm going to use my 1.0 guy like everyone else to shield me from the in game market , farm and make money.I still don't see how they'll deal with us people that can craft any item from launch day.I hope it doesn't get to the point of constant new player shouts to be power leveled.
____________________________





#27 Nov 16 2012 at 7:53 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,145 posts
Banwawgwa wrote:
Lol hardly made up... That was a kind of a nail in the coffin for me... Wasn't too interested in returning to WoW when this is what they had to offer... (definitely not the only experience during 7 freekin days lol) but this was the worst. It was a while ago and I forget the loot system exactly. I was pretty sure you don't get to roll if you are dead.


I only said I didn't believe you because nothing about what you said sounds like WoW. The only recent changes to loot have been improvements like AoE looting that allows you to kill scores of mobs and collect everything by looting only one corpse.

You being ignorant to basics leads me to believe that you know far less about simple game mechanics then you should. Again, don't take offense but if you sound like you don't know what you're talking about, people will be less likely to believe that you do. There are few things in WoW that I agree with this forum's general sentiment of 'so easy a baby could do it', but if I had to single one out... monitoring and managing threat would be one of, if not THE first to mind.

The fact that you somehow managed(or mismanaged in this case) to pull aggro from someone you shouldn't have(and honestly shouldn't have been able to) doesn't help your cause either. DPS classes either have the ability to shed aggro or direct it to the intended target. Regardless, you satisfied the one necessary condition you needed to fulfill to be eligible for the loot roll; making it onto the mob's hate list.

Banwawgwa wrote:
I don't mean examine corpse loot I mean the rare drop to build ilvl loot that everyone can roll for. Your roll also isn't counted if you are too far away I think?

Most encounters have positional requirements or force you to make use of the bosses spawn environment to be successful. Even if they don't, Blizz added a leashing mechanic to prevent kiting or pinning anyway. It wouldn't have been possible for your group to pull a boss far enough away for you to be ineligible. Even if they had, it would have just reset and leashed back to where it originally was with full health.

I get that you don't like WoW and I won't hold it against you. Next time just state it and leave it at that rather than exposing yourself. You're coming off as really desperate to bash for whatever reason or someone who is ignorant and probably didn't deserve loot in the first place Smiley: wink

Edited, Nov 16th 2012 8:55am by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#28 Nov 16 2012 at 2:48 PM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
Yeah... typical FilthMcNasty comments. Tries to start some BS where none is warrented or needed. Hurling insults by finding idiotic discrepancies that are not the main purpose of the argument, but things he can attack people with. He feels the need to put others down and say they have no knowledge of things due to his retarded nit picking of their posts.

I have noticed you do this a lot FilthMcNasty and I have been the victim a few times. Perhaps you have a problem?

Silly Filth
#29 Nov 16 2012 at 6:01 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
I dont know about ff 14 endgame that much i didn't play a lot in 1.0 and never played ff 11 [ was too young ]

most of mmo is all about endgame competitive >> gears , pvp etc.

i believe ff is about adventure , storyline, exploring right ? >>
#30 Nov 16 2012 at 8:14 PM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
Well... what MMO's need to realize is they need both. Endgame and fun leveling experience (story, etc...). Most just severely lack in endgame in order to make leveling fun... but its like wtf?! You think they would learn :/...

So hopefully FFXIV will not only have exciting story line and a long beautiful leveling process, but also tons of fun things to do at endgame to get those leet gears and then tons of fun things to do after you get them :P
#31 Nov 16 2012 at 8:18 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,145 posts
Banwawgwa wrote:
Hurling insults...

The only thing I said that could be misconstrued as insulting was the comment about you being ignorant. You have demonstrated that you lack knowledge of what you are speaking on, so the shoe fits. As I said, don't take it personal.

Banwawgwa wrote:
Perhaps you have a problem?

Absolutely. I have this mechanism that automatically takes over when people make an argument and try to support it with nonsense. I call it my 'bullsh*t meter' and unfortunately it flares up a lot on these forums.

You're welcome to your opinion on WoW, but things like battle mechanics, loot distribution ect. are not matters of opinion. There are millions of people who don't like WoW and I have nothing against them. You have no real obligation to even support your reasoning for not liking the game. You don't owe me or anyone else any explanation for your preferences. Why would you feel it necessary to fabricate an excuse in the first place, let alone one that isn't based on anything factual?

Banwawgwa wrote:
Silly

Spot on.

Edited, Nov 16th 2012 9:19pm by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#32 Nov 16 2012 at 10:35 PM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
There goes FilthMcNasty again... He gathers joy in life from taking what someone says. Finding a non important fault in it... Then attacking them for it. Lol made up story... nothing about it was made up. Maybe I made a mistake on how the loot system works? I don't freekin care... No one cares how WoW loot system works. That was not the point of the post!! But you sure liked to make it the main focus because you found fault in it? That story DID actually happen lol and the fact that you need to slap me with accusations of making up a story because I didn't get the loot system in WoW correct is just absurd... Again... all you do is find something stupid, and try to bring people down because of it while you completely ignore what the actual post was about.

I am done with this because you are a ridiculous individual and your name suits your personality well! Grow up.

Now prepare for his defense where he tells me how since I didn't know how the loot system worked I am at fault for all of this and since I don't know how WoW loot system works I am the one who needs to grow up yatayata... Don't bother Filth, I won't waste my time on the likes of you any longer.

Edited, Nov 16th 2012 11:37pm by Banwawgwa
#33 Nov 16 2012 at 11:16 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
82 posts
@Banwawgwa, you seem to have a lot of pent up anger. When you post things on a public forum, it becomes fair game for others to voice their opinion on it. You say that WoW is nothing but "Lol 10 yr olds" but I assure you the same crowd roams through every MMO. With WoWs sub base, it's just easier to run into said crowd. What itches me is why didn't you leave at the first sign of your group being a bunch of asshats? You could have also looked into joining a guild which, more often than not, have plenty of people willing to give you a run through instances to gear you up. Last I played WoW was at the end of Cata and I had no trouble finding helpful individuals even after taking a 2 year break. You're a big boy just drop group, wait 5 minutes and requeue.

For kicks and grins; what if we all come back to 2.0 and you run into the same group of people that you experienced in WoW for your first instance run? Will all 14 players be nothing more than "lol 10 yr olds"?
____________________________
FFXIV - Goblin - Seraphan Amatsuka
#34 Nov 17 2012 at 1:07 AM Rating: Default
****
4,145 posts
Banwawgwa wrote:
He gathers joy in life from taking what someone says. Finding a non important fault in it... Then attacking them for it.

You're still not under attack. I never bashed you or called you names. If you'd like to think you're a target or something then that's your prerogative, but all I said was that you're ignorant...
Banwawgwa wrote:
Maybe I made a mistake on how the loot system works?

...and here you pretty much admit it. You don't understand what you're upset about. Quite frankly, I don't understand what you're upset about.

Banwawgwa wrote:
Now prepare for his defense where he tells me how since I didn't know how the loot system worked I am at fault for all of this...

You're the one on defense here Ban and there is no blame being placed here. I'm just pointing out that because Blizzard designed the loot system to allow dead people to roll (which quite frankly should have been obvious), there was really no way for this group to ***** you over like you claim.

What I will credit you with fault for is pulling hate. People don't 'let' you pull hate. You earn it. Because you don't know, I'll 'splain it to ya. Attacks, spells and abilities performed by your character on a mob earn you a certain amount of threat toward that mob. Throughout the course of an encounter the mob will keep track of who has how much threat and will attack based on a priority of who has the most.

Banwawgwa wrote:
That was not the point of the post!

The point of the post was for you to complain about a group that tried to ***** you over. The problem with that is, they weren't trying to ***** you over because they couldn't have. They might be the bad guys for insulting you, but lets not bullsh*t ourselves here... you have no business being in an 'endgame dungeon' with no clue about how threat and loot works. For that reason, I'm still on the fence about whether or not you deserved it.

Seraphaniim wrote:
You could have also looked into joining a guild which, more often than not, have plenty of people willing to give you a run through instances to gear you up. Last I played WoW was at the end of Cata and I had no trouble finding helpful individuals even after taking a 2 year break. You're a big boy just drop group, wait 5 minutes and requeue.

He could have done that, but it seemed he'd rather agonize over how someone tried to ***** him out of some gear or something. I'll never understand why people don't either drop group or ignore people who insult them. Banwawgwa probably doesn't realize he can just ignore me here on the forum if he thinks I'm insulting him. So odd...

Edited, Nov 17th 2012 2:16am by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#35 Nov 17 2012 at 7:43 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
102 posts
I'm right there with ya. I played FFXI for over 8 years(didn't play when they raised lvl cap above 75) and there was a lot of hard work involved. I played RDM, MNK, and THF. RDM took me about a year n' a half(perhaps longer) to level 70s purely because it was a fresh game and not a whole lot of strategy came to light to the NA scene. I'm not saying that I want ARR to consume my life like when I was younger (ie: camping for peacock charm ugh), but I want the ride to 50 to feel rewarding and satisfying.

The main things I miss:
*The forced exp parties that just encouraged you to socialize and meet all sorts of great peeps like FFXI did.

*The freedom and wide range of mob camps you could choose to grind effectively with a party to keep things interesting

*Skill chains (was massively disappointed in the weird system they had when the game first came out)

*Ballista

*Camping NMs for gear(not talking about those ridiculous 24hr/48hr respawns)

*Actual Classes you can relate to per previous FF worlds like RDM,WAR,MNK, etc

*Very Challenging Endgame(maybe not so much the Absolute Virtue challenging but, at least close to it :P)


I hope AAR will be different and I as many others will start from scratch on a clean slate. As like many long time FFXI players I had high expectation on release and well...we all know what happened with that, I hope that the journey is fulfilling and much more enjoyable than this nonstop LeveQuesting repetition that I was left with when I first started FFXIV.

Also please please tell me that I'll be able to select Japanese over English voice actors in ARR.



Edit: I just noticed the other posts. Stop with the childish back and forth banter. Let's not derail this post.

Edited, Nov 17th 2012 8:57am by KamikazeSushi
____________________________
-Retired-FFXI
75MnK 75THF Keseph -Titan- RDM 72 -Kujata-
Titan > Unicorn
Will be doing FFXIV:ARR. Gotta make use of that Collector's Edition somehow.
___
I stream League of Legends as Asura Sushi @ http://www.twitch.tv/AsuraSushi
#36 Nov 17 2012 at 3:40 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,878 posts
**** I am giddy about Summoner coming back. I guess it might not have been so much of a mistake to not level to 50 before the old system came down. Problem is I really did love the casual aspect of how I played and never had to deal with any guilds.
____________________________
OniElvaan the Eccentric wrote: I hate my cat so ******* much right now, not because she decided to have her kittens at 5am in my bed, that happens. No I hate her because she decided to have her kittens at 5am in my bed on my chest...

This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 25 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (25)