Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

NM and relic questionFollow

#1 Nov 13 2012 at 2:26 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
So i read that NMs on this game pop every 5 mins after the hour... no more 2+ hour NMs? that must mke NM camping stupidly easy and noncompetitive (also makes you think they dont drop anything fantastic) i mean I have no desire to fight for a claim with that system.. if some other guy get sit.. then its like.. oh well... I can wait 5 mins... by the time I come from the bathroom itll be my turn lol.


Also what is harder yo get.. relic weapons in THIS game or in FFXI? I seen posts on here with a lot of people claiming to have relic so they must not be stupidly difficult to get? About how long would you say it takes? (they probably also cant compare in power to FFXI relics then).


Lastly is the new job system vital to the game? Lets say I like Pugilist and none of the new jobs (monk, drg etc etc) interest me... would I miss out on anything if i decided t remain a pugilist for ever and never choose a job? like do pugilists get everything normal jobs get? (relic weapons class specific equipment etc etc) or would i HAVE to take up a job if i want to experience EVERYTHING (i.e stuff pugilists or non job classes can get)?


because currently no job interested me and the only one that sounds appealing is a pugilists... since he has high evasion and is pretty close to a thief (only downside being hand to hand instead of daggers)... but thfs can steal so technically it would make sense they could fight with their hands too if necessarry lol. and with a guide I found i found the perfect abilities to "steal" from other weapons to make a thief like class (only thing missing is an increases drop rate trait). So if I decided to stick to my pugilist thief build (until when or if ACTUAL thief is ever introduced) would there be things I wont be able to do or experience as a {Pugilist? (such as getting a relic weapon)?
#2 Nov 13 2012 at 2:53 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
265 posts
About the NM pop rates, their loot and also the relic difficulty to obtain we can't really know anymore since it might all change with 2.0. (In 1.0 there were some NMs with longer spawn times or specific spawn conditions, but their drops were mostly redundant due to materia-melded gear being superior for 90% of your play)

So far all we know is the process to obtain relics are similar to 1.0, but the events themselves might undergo changes etc. On another note, relics in FFXI is stupidly easy to get now, even solo. It takes about 3 months of farming dynamis solo, and that's if dynamis is you ONLY source of income, so it's not really a big achievement anymore.

The relics power as it was in 1.0 was good, not game-breaking in any way, but stil a lot better than most, if not all, alternatives (quite similar to FFXI in this way i suppose)

As for jobs, leveling pugilist to 50 will automaticly leave you with level 50 monk too (the corresponding class and job levels are mirrored). In most circumstances it is a better choice to stay on the jobs (as of 1.0), with some instances which at times see uses for classes, (thaumaturge comes to mind).

You should take in mind though that straying too far from the "status quo" might prove difficult in terms of getting into end-game or parties which is always the case in MMOs (read: the infamous RDM melee debate), but in the end, do whtever floats your boat i suppose.
____________________________
Crasy of Alexander, Member of SplatRangers

Monk. Need I say more?

#3 Nov 13 2012 at 3:51 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,957 posts
crasyk wrote:
About the NM pop rates, their loot and also the relic difficulty to obtain we can't really know anymore since it might all change with 2.0. (In 1.0 there were some NMs with longer spawn times or specific spawn conditions, but their drops were mostly redundant due to materia-melded gear being superior for 90% of your play)

So far all we know is the process to obtain relics are similar to 1.0, but the events themselves might undergo changes etc. On another note, relics in FFXI is stupidly easy to get now, even solo. It takes about 3 months of farming dynamis solo, and that's if dynamis is you ONLY source of income, so it's not really a big achievement anymore.

The relics power as it was in 1.0 was good, not game-breaking in any way, but stil a lot better than most, if not all, alternatives (quite similar to FFXI in this way i suppose)

As for jobs, leveling pugilist to 50 will automaticly leave you with level 50 monk too (the corresponding class and job levels are mirrored). In most circumstances it is a better choice to stay on the jobs (as of 1.0), with some instances which at times see uses for classes, (thaumaturge comes to mind).

You should take in mind though that straying too far from the "status quo" might prove difficult in terms of getting into end-game or parties which is always the case in MMOs (read: the infamous RDM melee debate), but in the end, do whtever floats your boat i suppose.



what is the status quo you speak of? or more specifically what did I say that would suggest i would be out of the "status quo"?

Also all my questions were in regard to version 1.0 as no one has played 2.0 so its safe to assume no one know show things will work there. As far as relic being easy to solo now.. I doubt it.. I mean could a 99 thief solo dynamis? im sure 50 mobs attacking him would be a problem (not everyone is a bst or blm you know) also currency drop rate is bad... even if it wasnt you still need 1mil gil to farm to get in to buy an hourglass (which Im sure its something you can make in 30 mins)...

lastly even if yo could solo all the currency what about the attestation NMs pop and solo in beacidine or the NMs and pop in Xarc? surely that cant be soloed.
#4 Nov 13 2012 at 7:45 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
412 posts
Relic in FFXIV, has about the same difficulty as FFXI. I think most of you would agree that time sink =/= difficulty. You had like 18-30 people just farming for you in FFXI, where as in FXIV you ALL would be working on the quest at the same time making similar progress. There are 2 RNG areas at the start, but the Ifrit extreme fight could take some getting used to the first time. After you get used to the quest however, with gil and patience at certain points in the quest, you can get a relic every two days. Yoshi P stated that the relic's would have quests allowing you to upgrade them when the cap raises. So I suppose you can say that people with relic now have stage 1? Time will tell.
#5 Nov 13 2012 at 7:57 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
GDLYL wrote:
Relic in FFXIV, has about the same difficulty as FFXI. I think most of you would agree that time sink =/= difficulty. You had like 18-30 people just farming for you in FFXI, where as in FXIV you ALL would be working on the quest at the same time making similar progress. There are 2 RNG areas at the start, but the Ifrit extreme fight could take some getting used to the first time. After you get used to the quest however, with gil and patience at certain points in the quest, you can get a relic every two days. Yoshi P stated that the relic's would have quests allowing you to upgrade them when the cap raises. So I suppose you can say that people with relic now have stage 1? Time will tell.



ok its equal in difficulty to FFXI relic but you said you can get a relic in14 in about 2 days when FFXI took months if not a year? how is 2 days equal to months/years difficultly?

also i see post on this board with lots of people saying they have MULTIPLE relics.... that wants the case when FFXI was only 2 years old (heck even now its still hardly the case) so again how does this sound similar in difficulty to FFXI?
#6 Nov 13 2012 at 8:49 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
412 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
GDLYL wrote:
Relic in FFXIV, has about the same difficulty as FFXI. I think most of you would agree that time sink =/= difficulty. You had like 18-30 people just farming for you in FFXI, where as in FXIV you ALL would be working on the quest at the same time making similar progress. There are 2 RNG areas at the start, but the Ifrit extreme fight could take some getting used to the first time. After you get used to the quest however, with gil and patience at certain points in the quest, you can get a relic every two days. Yoshi P stated that the relic's would have quests allowing you to upgrade them when the cap raises. So I suppose you can say that people with relic now have stage 1? Time will tell.



ok its equal in difficulty to FFXI relic but you said you can get a relic in14 in about 2 days when FFXI took months if not a year? how is 2 days equal to months/years difficultly?

also i see post on this board with lots of people saying they have MULTIPLE relics.... that wants the case when FFXI was only 2 years old (heck even now its still hardly the case) so again how does this sound similar in difficulty to FFXI?


FFXI just asks you to get ALOT of beastmen currency 10k+. FFXIV asks you for 990 495 and 99 respectively of the different tiers of beastmen coins. You can't mix and match them. You progress in FFXIV based on how skilled your group is at moving past the the objectives. FFXI just had a time sinks in the form of longer lock outs. FFXIV lockouts were 15 mins while FFXI was 3 days if i'm a little rusty. After doing the FFXIV relic quests a few times, I can tell you this, with 3 hour lockouts in FFXIV LOL. No one would have relic by now. Ahh failing 17 min speed run by 2 seconds only to wait 3 days. Sounds very fun. It's best not to compare relics, it just doesn't make any sense. Like I said, when the cap raises, Yoshi said the relic's will be upgrade-able meaning that what ever the max lvl is, people will be running around with mostly half to first stage relics.

Let me remind you... in FFXI, you spent dynamis working on ONE person's relic at a time. FFXIV relic reborn quest can be completed by everyone in the party. That alone should give you an idea as to why it's much faster. There are certain items that are needed to progress, and if you stay in the leg of the quest you can farm multiple so that when you do the quest again, you can skip right past it.
#7 Nov 13 2012 at 9:12 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
These days, a determined BST can solo a Dynamis relic in about three months, working for 2 hours a day.

FFXI changed, for the better. (And I say this as a former Dyna shell leader that took four years to finish my horn.)
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#8 Nov 14 2012 at 12:35 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,957 posts
catwho wrote:
These days, a determined BST can solo a Dynamis relic in about three months, working for 2 hours a day.

FFXI changed, for the better. (And I say this as a former Dyna shell leader that took four years to finish my horn.)



2 hours a day? so no more 3 day lockout? Also Im sure a bst can solo curremncy but what about the attestation and fragment NMs? surely a jug cant kill all those adds
#9 Nov 14 2012 at 5:35 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
265 posts
You can. My firend just finished soloing his 4th relic, it does require some mad patience though.

Also, if you as a thf find a whm firend it can be done even faster by duoing NMs for 100 currencies, Also, hourglass is now a KI that need to be bought one time only, forever, and it cost only 50k.

Edit: As for the "status quo", it would be you trying to run around as a pugilist instead of monk. Seeing as everyone (hence the term status qou) is using the jobs instead of the classes.

Edited, Nov 14th 2012 6:39am by crasyk
____________________________
Crasy of Alexander, Member of SplatRangers

Monk. Need I say more?

#10 Nov 14 2012 at 6:40 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
catwho wrote:
These days, a determined BST can solo a Dynamis relic in about three months, working for 2 hours a day.

FFXI changed, for the better. (And I say this as a former Dyna shell leader that took four years to finish my horn.)



2 hours a day? so no more 3 day lockout? Also Im sure a bst can solo curremncy but what about the attestation and fragment NMs? surely a jug cant kill all those adds


Dynamis was changed to 2 hours every 24 hours. They completely redid the entire event; coins are now based on getting procs, just like Abyssea, albeit using a simpler system. A BST/DNC can get about 100 coins in a 2 hour session. You need about 7,000 coins all told. So, in 70ish days you can get the coins (if you can find a loaner) and then in another couple of runs you can get your attestation and fragment.

Also, you can sneak and invis past regular Dynamis monsters now. Attestation and fragment NMs are done with pop items. And 99 BST is... well, a beast.

Edited, Nov 14th 2012 7:40am by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#11 Nov 14 2012 at 7:50 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
322 posts
They can keep drop rates low on more over powering gear, but I would hate to see it raised a little on rare gear thats not gonna last you for quite a few levels. Something thats only gonna last 5 levels shouldnt be super rare, but if its lasts 15+ yeah it should have a lower drop rate.

As for the loot system, that one is kinda tricky. I would like my own loot pool, but I do kinda miss the old lot system from xi. I think the personal loot pool would be better for the general population, but then they would have to make a lot of the drops tradable. Greed and jelousy will always cause conflict when it comes to loot. I would say maybe a mix sysrtem, something like alldrops outside of chests are community, but every NM leaves a chest exclusive to each player that participated in the fight. All non-tradable gear would be in the chest, and tradable gear, and crafting mats would all come off the group pool. Its almost a lose lose situation when loot comes into question cause either which way you go youre always gonna have some **** whose gonna lot on everything or somebody cring over how they lost on a lot, or thier luck sucks.
____________________________
Arucard (Retiered)
75 black mage 75 samurai 75 warrior 75 monk
75 Bard 69 Thief 75 White Mage
Formaly of Unicorn
-----------
FFXIV: Ashara Strangelove
Ultros Server
Whm 50, Blm 50, Smn/Sch 50, Drg 50, Pld 50, Brd 50
50 War, Bot 50, Mnr 50, Fsh 50

FC: Syn
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 12 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (12)