Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

What classes/jobs would you like in 2.0?Follow

#1 Nov 20 2012 at 8:56 PM Rating: Good
**
863 posts
Hey guys,

One of the things I really like about the FF series is that is has so many different and cool jobs. Now, a few of the most basic ones are already in the game, but there are a lot more to wish for. Personally there are a couple I want soooo bad, but aren't keeping my hopes up for really and then there are a few I see as more probable that would be cool.

Chemist: The one I probably want the most of all because I think it has so much potential to be different, interesting and really fun.

Chocobo Knight: Need I say more? :)

Mechanic: Also one I think could create some interesting gameplay. Personally I would love it if it were a little steampunk-esque, but I think that is more me than FF tbh.

Out of the more probable jobs I'd say Blue mage, Red mage, Thief, Gunner and Ninja.

Either way though, I would really like to see another healer/support class so that if I want to heal I don't have to be a White mage. I think Chemist could fit in there so yeah, even though I doubt it will happen I will keep my fingers crossed.

How about you guys, what job/jobs do you want to see the most in 2.0 be it in an update or future expansion?

#2 Nov 20 2012 at 9:00 PM Rating: Decent
Melee RDM ONRY!

On a serious note, I wouldn't mind seeing a Geomancer type.
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
#3 Nov 20 2012 at 10:42 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Musketeer, Blue Mage.

Edited, Nov 20th 2012 8:43pm by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#4 Nov 20 2012 at 10:54 PM Rating: Decent
*
120 posts
THF for my black ***, because I miss doing Flee/mug/steal
#5 Nov 20 2012 at 10:54 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,957 posts
Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief
#6 Nov 20 2012 at 10:58 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,349 posts
Beastmaster
____________________________
(f;,,;)f (/o.o)/
#7 Nov 21 2012 at 4:24 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
334 posts
Gutspraygore wrote:
Beastmaster


This is non-negotiable. Also, Thief could be cool depending on how it was implemented. I just hope they add BST and don't **** it up. In XI, BST was always my "explore the world" job and TBH, that's what I'm looking forward to in XIV.
____________________________
BlueLand wrote:
You can always take a screen shot of the 1017 error and set it to your desktop background, its like playing FFXIV from work
#8 Nov 21 2012 at 5:56 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
Samurai
Ninja
Thief
Geomanencer
Chemist
Musketeer
____________________________
MUTED
#9 Nov 21 2012 at 7:15 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
*
131 posts
Im aware that the first job on my list will be implented in 2.0.

My list ^-~ :

Summoner
Blue mage
Theif
Red Mage.

For me the summoner job/class is essential for any FF title! :D loved playing as a summoner in FFXI even tho the job was pretty gimp =(
#10 Nov 21 2012 at 7:16 AM Rating: Decent
*
79 posts
no love for dark knight ?
#11 Nov 21 2012 at 7:27 AM Rating: Good
**
863 posts
Yeah BST seems like one of the jobs that will come sometime which I think it should too, pet jobs are important to have imo.

I wonder how they would do with for example RDM,BLU and PLD since all of them probably use swords. Will they just use different sub types of sword like RDM-rapier, PLD-long swords etc? Also, since weapon = job the probability of RDM melee will probably be higher imo. I wouldn't play it myself but I am hoping for it since most RDMs seem to want that.

Hopefully if they release BLU the casting animation will change depending on what spell they use too. I remember being so dissapointed when I used my first breath attack and my character did't actually breath fire...just the same old animation. I understand if they don't but one can hope. I do think they have the opportunity to let BLU turn into a beast for short times as well, maybe as one of the longer cd abilities.
#12 Nov 21 2012 at 8:32 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
****
4,148 posts
I'd like either Thief or Thief

I may also enjoy Thief
____________________________
Mishana: DRG | THF | RDM | NIN
#13 Nov 21 2012 at 8:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Levish wrote:
I'd like either Thief or Thief

I may also enjoy Thief


Hot pocket Hot pocket?
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#14 Nov 21 2012 at 9:16 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,439 posts
I'll add my vote for BST and BLU. Best things in FFXI.
____________________________
Esuna Forums

#15 Nov 21 2012 at 11:19 AM Rating: Decent
RDM,BLU,THF,NIN,and SAM... maybe Berserker !! Time mage would also be a really cool job to see.
#16 Nov 21 2012 at 1:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
All of them. At least provided they have the creativity to back them up, but given all the lackluster skills in the original version, I dunno.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#17 Nov 21 2012 at 3:18 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
265 posts
Not one mention of Baconmage yet, I will revoke all mancards now.
____________________________
Crasy of Alexander, Member of SplatRangers

Monk. Need I say more?

#18 Nov 21 2012 at 5:42 PM Rating: Decent
**
598 posts
crasyk wrote:
Not one mention of Baconmage yet, I will revoke all mancards now.



I was of the impression it was called Baconian? Thick cutting DD?


Thief. It's a must.
Followed by Dnc. I want flowers in my hair, damnit!
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#19 Nov 21 2012 at 5:53 PM Rating: Good
12 posts
I'm gonna have to say Dark Knight and Ninja. Two awesome classes. Ninja though...isn't like a dire need class. I think however Dark Knight is higher up on the list than most classes....they have Paladin...why not the darker version eh? ^_^
#20 Nov 21 2012 at 6:42 PM Rating: Excellent
16 posts
Thief I enjoyed that class so much and the part it played in parties.. Bring it back!!
#21 Nov 21 2012 at 6:48 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,030 posts
Dark Knight and Ninja.
#22 Nov 21 2012 at 7:05 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Gutspraygore wrote:
Beastmaster


This. However I would be shocked if they made charm a thing in XIV... if only cause XI has tried to move away from charm being a useful mechanic in endgame (I'm guessing it is hard to balance)

I hope they do have BST with charm though.

I'd also really like to see BLU and would really dig Sage, Time Mage and Bishop... not to mention elementalist and assassin from the tactics lineage of jobs
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#23 Nov 25 2012 at 3:45 PM Rating: Good
*
91 posts
Well, the two classes I want most, Monk and Dragoon, are already in the game. I always wanted to go hardcore with Monk in FFXI, but I never went higher than level forty or fifty with it. I was always too invested in my Dragoon. So I'd like to finally dedicate myself to Monk.

I would like to see Blue Mage make an appearance. I never took that beyond level sixty, but assimilating monster skills was one of my favorite things to do in FFXI just because it encouraged exploration and learning about monsters you'd otherwise ignore.

Lastly, I think I'd want some kind of unique tanking class. FFXI is getting Rune Fencer in the next expansion, which looks really interesting. I'm not asking for Rune Fencer, specifically, in FFXIV; I'd just like a departure from the standard Warrior/Paladin meat shield.
#24 Nov 26 2012 at 2:35 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,569 posts
Chromanin wrote:
Well, the two classes I want most, Monk and Dragoon, are already in the game. I always wanted to go hardcore with Monk in FFXI, but I never went higher than level forty or fifty with it. I was always too invested in my Dragoon. So I'd like to finally dedicate myself to Monk.

I would like to see Blue Mage make an appearance. I never took that beyond level sixty, but assimilating monster skills was one of my favorite things to do in FFXI just because it encouraged exploration and learning about monsters you'd otherwise ignore.

Lastly, I think I'd want some kind of unique tanking class. FFXI is getting Rune Fencer in the next expansion, which looks really interesting. I'm not asking for Rune Fencer, specifically, in FFXIV; I'd just like a departure from the standard Warrior/Paladin meat shield.
I'm personally for BST or SAM entering the game as tank jobs. Agree that we need a bigger tank roster.
____________________________
Products of boredom: 1 2 3 4 5
Besieged
Hopes for FFXIV: Fencer | Red Mage
#25 Nov 26 2012 at 2:43 AM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
I'd also like to see a pet job. I never played one in FFXI, but I did play the mage pet class in Rift for a short time and it was fun. I played RDM primarily in FFXI and I'd really like to something along those lines implemented.

Alternate tank jobs would be good too. In my time playing Rift it was one of the things that was nice to see included as 3 of the 4 classes could tank.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#26 Nov 26 2012 at 4:25 AM Rating: Default
*
131 posts
Personally... I wouldn't mind no new jobs anytime real soon as long as they made current armory/job system better by implementing more usable skills for classic jobs!

But anyway... going away from FFXI jobs I want in FFXIV, I would like the Sage from FFIII. Favorite class in the game haha! But it is a support class kind of, and they already have 3 mage jobs for support, so eh... I don't know if it could be implemented well... But still would be awesome to see it!
#27 Nov 26 2012 at 4:27 AM Rating: Default
*
131 posts
And to the OP. They are putting magitech armor and stuff into FFXIV and I think said eventually have it for pve use or something? Perhaps a good way to implement a mechanic type class!
#28 Nov 26 2012 at 5:55 AM Rating: Decent
**
863 posts
Banwawgwa wrote:
Personally... I wouldn't mind no new jobs anytime real soon as long as they made current armory/job system better by implementing more usable skills for classic jobs!

But anyway... going away from FFXI jobs I want in FFXIV, I would like the Sage from FFIII. Favorite class in the game haha! But it is a support class kind of, and they already have 3 mage jobs for support, so eh... I don't know if it could be implemented well... But still would be awesome to see it!


Out of curiosity, which three mage jobs do they already have that are for support? Right now I only see tops two support jobs really, and that is a BRD, which considering how few support abilities it really has feels kind of lackluster and then there is WHM.

I definitely think we need more of everything for more variety, but I think one healing class is too little even in the early stages of a game.

In XI the balance between different roles felt kind of bad. I think it had to do a lot with the system of one job = one role mostly (you could tank on RDM at times etc. but it got nerfed) so we had 20 or so jobs, but only two tanks for example. In WoW you now have what, 10 classes? Four of those can tank and four can heal because of different specs for the classes. Now I am not asking for a talent system, but I think if you don't want a system like that you have to bring in more of all roles.

Looking at XI right now from what I hear the only really viable healer is WHM (Which is a step back for XI imo). Having one healing class out of 20 or soon to be 22 feels wrong, there should be variety in all roles imo. I hope XIV decides to go a different route.

I am sure we will get more DDs, I really hope we get more tanks, and I really hope they don't forget the healing/support part of the game. I am not worried, but I also don't want to have to wait until the third expansion for it. Hopefully they add a lot of new classes/jobs with each expansion (maybe even with updates).
#29 Nov 26 2012 at 12:20 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
RDM that ACTUALLY is a front line mage.

Puppetmaster

Quote:
I'm personally for BST or SAM entering the game as tank jobs. Agree that we need a bigger tank roster.


Can we first fix the current tanks and make PLD more desirable... In nearly every situation, War > PLD. We either need situations where a PLD is useful as a non-tank (like how War can also DD) or fights with extremely high dmg to make PLD's greater def and healing stand above War Tanks.

This is coming from a War, whose Pld friend is very jealous.

Edited, Nov 26th 2012 1:24pm by Louiscool
____________________________


#30 Nov 26 2012 at 2:03 PM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
Belcrono wrote:
Banwawgwa wrote:
Personally... I wouldn't mind no new jobs anytime real soon as long as they made current armory/job system better by implementing more usable skills for classic jobs!

But anyway... going away from FFXI jobs I want in FFXIV, I would like the Sage from FFIII. Favorite class in the game haha! But it is a support class kind of, and they already have 3 mage jobs for support, so eh... I don't know if it could be implemented well... But still would be awesome to see it!


Out of curiosity, which three mage jobs do they already have that are for support? Right now I only see tops two support jobs really, and that is a BRD, which considering how few support abilities it really has feels kind of lackluster and then there is WHM.

I definitely think we need more of everything for more variety, but I think one healing class is too little even in the early stages of a game.

In XI the balance between different roles felt kind of bad. I think it had to do a lot with the system of one job = one role mostly (you could tank on RDM at times etc. but it got nerfed) so we had 20 or so jobs, but only two tanks for example. In WoW you now have what, 10 classes? Four of those can tank and four can heal because of different specs for the classes. Now I am not asking for a talent system, but I think if you don't want a system like that you have to bring in more of all roles.

Looking at XI right now from what I hear the only really viable healer is WHM (Which is a step back for XI imo). Having one healing class out of 20 or soon to be 22 feels wrong, there should be variety in all roles imo. I hope XIV decides to go a different route.

I am sure we will get more DDs, I really hope we get more tanks, and I really hope they don't forget the healing/support part of the game. I am not worried, but I also don't want to have to wait until the third expansion for it. Hopefully they add a lot of new classes/jobs with each expansion (maybe even with updates).

Lol sorry, meant BRD, WHM, and Arcanist will be support. Yeah BRD is rather sucky with its lack of abilities that is why I want job system reform!! But anyway, Arcanist got blm debuffs or something like that? Anyway it will be debuffer, which is a support role so I included it :P
#31 Nov 26 2012 at 2:21 PM Rating: Decent
Squire!
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
#32 Nov 26 2012 at 4:03 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Quote:
Lol sorry, meant BRD, WHM, and Arcanist will be support. Yeah BRD is rather sucky with its lack of abilities that is why I want job system reform!! But anyway, Arcanist got blm debuffs or something like that? Anyway it will be debuffer, which is a support role so I included it :P


Actually, Arcanist will be more DoTer. Some of the DoTs (if they are the same ones the original jobs got) should have debuffs on them, but it won't really be support. FFXIV's philosophy seems to steer away from extreme roles, as seen with Bard and Whm, as both can DD. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a pure support role (and I wouldn't want it that way.)

____________________________


#33 Nov 27 2012 at 4:33 AM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
Lol well I want a pure party support role :P. One that was limited attack skills, but enough to get by soloing quests and some content etc... Not like the BRD in FFXI that is COMPLETELY party dependent because it has nothing to defend itself with. But with limited attack skills, when it enters party I want it to be there purely for support role and won't take part in attacking the enemy (except maybe DoT and or debuff).
#34 Nov 27 2012 at 8:31 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Banwawgwa wrote:
Lol well I want a pure party support role :P. One that was limited attack skills, but enough to get by soloing quests and some content etc... Not like the BRD in FFXI that is COMPLETELY party dependent because it has nothing to defend itself with. But with limited attack skills, when it enters party I want it to be there purely for support role and won't take part in attacking the enemy (except maybe DoT and or debuff).


This is why they have the class/job system, frankly. Ideally, they would add a class that can fight for itself, but becomes party dependent as a job, to support. Bard can do just as well solo and I've never needed to go Archer, ever.

But that's the problem. The best solo jobs are the support jobs (not the highest dmg but easiest time soloing). Pld, Whm, Brd, because they have access to cures as a Job. It would be tough to make a support role that didn't have access to conjurer abilities, as you take away most of the support abilities.

Why are you so anti-bard though? Your top priority is buffs. If I had a bard that told me "hey I'll get that song on you in a few minutes, I'm focusing on DD," I would lose my ****. Damage is just ancillary for Brd in most cases.
____________________________


#35 Nov 27 2012 at 9:48 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
676 posts
Some job that uses gunblades. I don't really care what they call it as along as it uses gunblades...
____________________________
#36 Nov 27 2012 at 10:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
swisa wrote:
Some job that uses gunblades. I don't really care what they call it as along as it uses gunblades...


Pink Fairy Gunblader?
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#37 Nov 27 2012 at 10:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Wint wrote:
swisa wrote:
Some job that uses gunblades. I don't really care what they call it as along as it uses gunblades...


Pink Fairy Gunblader?


Gunbladedancer. AF is a pink leotard.
____________________________


#38 Nov 27 2012 at 11:16 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Personally I'd really like to see some more dimensionality added to the game. One of the big weaknesses of a lot of MMOs is that they never figure out how to expound upon the old monster-killing paradigm. Everything has HP plus a few stats, here are a few status ailments, some abilities which alter stats and/or HP, and bam-- recipe for hitting it til it dies. And this is one of the main reasons why jobs and classes end up just being palette switches... there are no new game features to really play with. It's like going out to a Mexican place where they really only have a few distinctly different dishes, and everything else is just a different presentation of the same old ingredients.

Note that I still prefer adding classes that give new flavor even if they don't serve any new utility or expand the gameplay opportunities. But it does get boring when the only thing most of the abilities do is "increase/decrease stat X".

Games are getting just a little bit better about incorporating movement, targeting, and pattern recognition elements, but they could really do a lot more than they are. And those are just active elements. I would really like to see a greater implementation of strategic elements throughout the game's structure. When you have that, it makes it much easier to justify new classes and make them really original.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#39 Nov 27 2012 at 1:31 PM Rating: Good
*
131 posts
Louiscool wrote:
Banwawgwa wrote:
Lol well I want a pure party support role :P. One that was limited attack skills, but enough to get by soloing quests and some content etc... Not like the BRD in FFXI that is COMPLETELY party dependent because it has nothing to defend itself with. But with limited attack skills, when it enters party I want it to be there purely for support role and won't take part in attacking the enemy (except maybe DoT and or debuff).


This is why they have the class/job system, frankly. Ideally, they would add a class that can fight for itself, but becomes party dependent as a job, to support. Bard can do just as well solo and I've never needed to go Archer, ever.

But that's the problem. The best solo jobs are the support jobs (not the highest dmg but easiest time soloing). Pld, Whm, Brd, because they have access to cures as a Job. It would be tough to make a support role that didn't have access to conjurer abilities, as you take away most of the support abilities.

Why are you so anti-bard though? Your top priority is buffs. If I had a bard that told me "hey I'll get that song on you in a few minutes, I'm focusing on DD," I would lose my ****. Damage is just ancillary for Brd in most cases.

I am not anti bard... Bards are my favorite class in any mmo. I am anti FFXIV bard lol. They gave them 3 songs!! Where is the fun in that? They play the two necessary songs and then DD in the downtime until they need to play the same two songs over and over. I want Bard with wide variety of songs to provide a unique and hopefully challenging party experience as your buffs to your group require constant managing and upkeep as well as debuffs to enemies. (FFXIV bard gets no debufffs....)
#40 Nov 27 2012 at 2:36 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Banwawgwa wrote:
Louiscool wrote:
Banwawgwa wrote:
Lol well I want a pure party support role :P. One that was limited attack skills, but enough to get by soloing quests and some content etc... Not like the BRD in FFXI that is COMPLETELY party dependent because it has nothing to defend itself with. But with limited attack skills, when it enters party I want it to be there purely for support role and won't take part in attacking the enemy (except maybe DoT and or debuff).


This is why they have the class/job system, frankly. Ideally, they would add a class that can fight for itself, but becomes party dependent as a job, to support. Bard can do just as well solo and I've never needed to go Archer, ever.

But that's the problem. The best solo jobs are the support jobs (not the highest dmg but easiest time soloing). Pld, Whm, Brd, because they have access to cures as a Job. It would be tough to make a support role that didn't have access to conjurer abilities, as you take away most of the support abilities.

Why are you so anti-bard though? Your top priority is buffs. If I had a bard that told me "hey I'll get that song on you in a few minutes, I'm focusing on DD," I would lose my ****. Damage is just ancillary for Brd in most cases.

I am not anti bard... Bards are my favorite class in any mmo. I am anti FFXIV bard lol. They gave them 3 songs!! Where is the fun in that? They play the two necessary songs and then DD in the downtime until they need to play the same two songs over and over. I want Bard with wide variety of songs to provide a unique and hopefully challenging party experience as your buffs to your group require constant managing and upkeep as well as debuffs to enemies. (FFXIV bard gets no debufffs....)


Your version of bard sounds like the reason bard-type classes are regularly the least played classes in mmos.
____________________________


#41 Nov 27 2012 at 3:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
I'm pretty sure the reason bard classes are regularly the least played is that it's a class where singing is the thing that you do. Lots of people can identify with wanting to be a badass or a mage... not a lot of people wish they could influence the tide of battle by song.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#42 Nov 27 2012 at 3:26 PM Rating: Excellent
*
91 posts
Louiscool wrote:
Wint wrote:
swisa wrote:
Some job that uses gunblades. I don't really care what they call it as along as it uses gunblades...


Pink Fairy Gunblader?


Gunbladedancer. AF is a pink leotard.


This needs to happen. I'll be the most badass Gunblade-wielding-leotard-wearing Roegadyn in Eorzea.
#43 Nov 27 2012 at 3:29 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
And with any luck, the only Gunblade-wielding-leotard-wearing Roegadyn in Eorzea.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#44 Nov 27 2012 at 3:38 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Not getting into the class debate. I'm happy where Bard is right now, so long as they further develop both classes and jobs there should be no worry there.

It's fairly obvious that I'd want Red Mage in FFXIV, but I'd want it done right, no back line standard of the class.

Beyond that, I'm open to whatever. Dragoon is already there and I rather like what SE has done to the Job structure so far. I'm a altaholic so really anything they come out with is going to get played.
#45 Nov 27 2012 at 6:34 PM Rating: Decent
12 posts
LebargeX wrote:
I'd also like to see a pet job. I never played one in FFXI, but I did play the mage pet class in Rift for a short time and it was fun. I played RDM primarily in FFXI and I'd really like to something along those lines implemented.

Alternate tank jobs would be good too. In my time playing Rift it was one of the things that was nice to see included as 3 of the 4 classes could tank.



There is summoner ya know? @_@ That is going to be FFXIV's pet class.
#46 Nov 27 2012 at 6:50 PM Rating: Good
**
598 posts
My problem with BST was the lack of attachment felt to what you tamed. It was basically kill mob until mob killed beast then tame mob.

I'd really like to see some sort of limited leveling strategy for tamed animals. Something where you will want to keep the poor thing for awhile. Give it a name. Release it back into the wild when the time comes to find a more powerful companion. Make the bonding harder.

That, for me, would be a great bst. I might even give up flowers in my hair for that!
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#47 Nov 28 2012 at 4:38 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,569 posts
Louiscool wrote:
RDM that ACTUALLY is a front line mage.
Seconded, hence my signature.

Quote:
Can we first fix the current tanks and make PLD more desirable... In nearly every situation, War > PLD. We either need situations where a PLD is useful as a non-tank (like how War can also DD) or fights with extremely high dmg to make PLD's greater def and healing stand above War Tanks.

This is coming from a War, whose Pld friend is very jealous.
They need to fix the paradigm between WAR and PLD so that both perform equally without silly gimmicks like superior mitigation on one and more damage on the other. PLD was actually fine near the end of 1.0, though I'll admit Nael is my sole point of reference. WAR, PLD and any other members of the tank roster should be all viable choices for the boss the raid is looking to fight, IMO.
____________________________
Products of boredom: 1 2 3 4 5
Besieged
Hopes for FFXIV: Fencer | Red Mage
#48 Nov 28 2012 at 6:01 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
644 posts
Louiscool wrote:
RDM that ACTUALLY is a front line mage.

Puppetmaster


Both of these have enjoyed playing both classes so much in XI.
____________________________
Pikko wrote:
I can't freaking believe I didn't click this thread earlier. YOU LITTLE TWERPS!!


Wint wrote:
You know, I can click the rate down button more than once Smiley: motz


>>>--Justice-->
#49 Nov 28 2012 at 6:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
**
644 posts
Wint wrote:
swisa wrote:
Some job that uses gunblades. I don't really care what they call it as along as it uses gunblades...


Pink Fairy Gunblader?


Was wondering when we'd get around to Pink MageSmiley: clown
____________________________
Pikko wrote:
I can't freaking believe I didn't click this thread earlier. YOU LITTLE TWERPS!!


Wint wrote:
You know, I can click the rate down button more than once Smiley: motz


>>>--Justice-->
#50 Nov 28 2012 at 6:45 AM Rating: Good
***
1,112 posts
ShindaUsagi wrote:
My problem with BST was the lack of attachment felt to what you tamed. It was basically kill mob until mob killed beast then tame mob


I dunno, thats what I liked about BST. The whole manly survival thing, does whatever is needed, etc etc. Having attached pets I thought of as a little too "cuddly" and a bit contrary to what BST was about. That's all my opinion of course, and not saying yours is less valid!
____________________________
To endanger the soul endangers all,
when the soul is endangered it must become a Warrior.
#51 Nov 28 2012 at 9:15 AM Rating: Decent
How about a genetecist class? Could be fun.

Extraction: Rips an opponent from the inside, dealing instant HP damage and lowering STR.
Osmosis: Disrupts an enemy's molecular state, lowering DEF and applying DoT.
Amplification: Raises Att and Def for the party for a short time, as well as lowering cool-downs.
Base Sequence: Clears target of all status effects.
Marker: Makes a target more prone to critical attacks.

I know it's not really FF related. I'm just really bored at work.
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 13 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (13)