Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

something that would be cool if they added in the game.Follow

#1 Dec 17 2012 at 6:56 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,957 posts
since theyre adding stuff from older FFs it would be cool is they added triple triad to FFXIV (instead of that crappy card game from FFIX that was in FFXI) and actually incorporat eit into the game (as opposed to it being a standalone game next to it) let syou maybe buy starter packs from an NPC then trade and battle other players in game.. maybe find cards randomly in chests, of NM drops, in BCNM, etc etc. that woul dbe cool Id think.. heck Id log in everyday just to play that
#2 Dec 17 2012 at 7:17 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
People have been asking for it almost since FFXI was released. Maybe Yoshi-P will actually listen once/if the game gains some steam.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#3 Dec 17 2012 at 7:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
If they do that I'd like to see them make a mobile version that you can log in with your SE account credentials and play it anywhere.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#4 Dec 17 2012 at 9:39 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,957 posts
Wint wrote:
If they do that I'd like to see them make a mobile version that you can log in with your SE account credentials and play it anywhere.



except if they incorporate it into the game (ffxiv) then how would aquiring new cards and stuff work on your mobile device)? unless of course the mobile device would be for strictly trading and playing only whereas youd have to actually play FFXIV to aquire cards through other means
#5 Dec 18 2012 at 6:01 AM Rating: Good
**
863 posts
I completely agree that a card game should be added to the game and that it should really be IN the game and not like it was in XI. I don't think that excludes an app or something that makes it possible to play outside of the game as well.

Out of curiousity though, why Triple Triad instead of Tetra Master?

For those who don't remember here is a small comparison of the two: http://www.ign.com/blogs/godofmoogles/2012/01/25/final-fantasy-celebration-card-game-showdown-triple-triad-vs-tetra-master

Personally I could see the card mod ability being used for XIV depending on what items it could yield, but that could be used even if XIV had Tetra Master. Personally I want Tetra Master more than Triple Triad, more complexity and depth is a good thing imo, as long as the basics are easy enough to get everyone involved.

Either way though a card game seems to be the most wanted minigame for XIV overall, and I really hope Yoshi listens and adds it.
#6 Dec 18 2012 at 6:45 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Have to say that I also prefer Tetra Master, though having said that, I wouldn't mind if they created a more "legitimate" trading card game. If anyone has ever played anything like Magic, Pokemon, etc... Tetra Master really doesn't compare. It feels like a game of checkers.

I'm reminded of the card game that you could play in Xenosaga. I probably spent as much time playing that game as I did the actual game.

And actually, I've also thought for a long time that a FF franchise TCG could do very well for itself on the market. Somebody get WotC on the line.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#7 Dec 18 2012 at 7:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Wint wrote:
If they do that I'd like to see them make a mobile version that you can log in with your SE account credentials and play it anywhere.



except if they incorporate it into the game (ffxiv) then how would aquiring new cards and stuff work on your mobile device)? unless of course the mobile device would be for strictly trading and playing only whereas youd have to actually play FFXIV to aquire cards through other means


I don't see why you couldn't buy cards from the mobile interface, although I was more thinking playing only. It would be theoretically easy to access your character's gil count from the mobile app and set up a store there. That being said this isn't something I would expect from SE anytime soon, their forays into the mobile spaces have been almost exclusively limited to re-releasing old games (which actually seems to be a major chunk of their current business model). This kind of mobile integration isn't something I would be expecting anytime soon even though there is definitely a precedent (WoW's Armory).
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#8 Dec 18 2012 at 7:30 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,957 posts
Belcrono wrote:
I completely agree that a card game should be added to the game and that it should really be IN the game and not like it was in XI. I don't think that excludes an app or something that makes it possible to play outside of the game as well.

Out of curiousity though, why Triple Triad instead of Tetra Master?

For those who don't remember here is a small comparison of the two: http://www.ign.com/blogs/godofmoogles/2012/01/25/final-fantasy-celebration-card-game-showdown-triple-triad-vs-tetra-master

Personally I could see the card mod ability being used for XIV depending on what items it could yield, but that could be used even if XIV had Tetra Master. Personally I want Tetra Master more than Triple Triad, more complexity and depth is a good thing imo, as long as the basics are easy enough to get everyone involved.

Either way though a card game seems to be the most wanted minigame for XIV overall, and I really hope Yoshi listens and adds it.


why TT over TM? easy played TT on FF8 and loved it.. tried TM on FF9 and found it dull, boring and ununderstandable (yes i know that isnt a word) tried it again in FFXI and it was understandable but still dull and boring


as for a legitimate TCG in FFXIV.. well that would be nice too but i dont expect to see somethin like yu gi oh in FF anytime soon
#9 Dec 18 2012 at 8:25 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
TetraMaster was poorly implemented in FF9 because they kept the rules a secret, and you had to find them posted throughout the world. Until you read the rules, they're just cards with numbers and letters on them. Triple Triad is a simpler and easier game... the cards you have are more important than your skill, which is less true for Tetra Master.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)