Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Chocobo In BlackFollow

#1 Dec 18 2012 at 7:21 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/137
Quote:

Hello again!

Fernehalwes here. For this installment of the Developers’ Blog, we decided to bring you an in-game screenshot of some chocobo barding that Yoshi-P hinted at back during a previous Producer Letter Live. You may recall this preliminary artwork:

Screenshot


Well, the character design team has been busy all month transforming those 2D drawings into actual 3D models. While my trusty partner ‘M’ lured a lonely designer from his workstation with a wink and some tasty chocolate, I snuck in from behind and snapped this revealing pic:

Screenshot


At this stage in development, the armor still appears to be lacking textures, but if I’m not mistaken, those horns have an uncanny resemblance to the ones found on a certain legendary beast spotted atop a snow-capped peak in a recent FINAL FANTASY XIV trailer. Now what was his name again? Bahoo... Bahi... Behemmmm...my! Would you look at the time!

I’ll see you all again soon!

Fernehalwes




Edited, Dec 18th 2012 7:22am by Wint
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#2 Dec 18 2012 at 7:25 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,957 posts
umm chocobo? more like chocodemon


when did chocobo get teeth.. and wheres its beak lol
#3 Dec 18 2012 at 7:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I was thinking it was like a helmet for the bird, but it's hard to tell from the drawings if that's the case or not. 5 rate ups to the user who finds and posts the original comments from Yoshi that Fernehalwes is referring to.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#4 Dec 18 2012 at 8:24 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
588 posts
Wint wrote:
I was thinking it was like a helmet for the bird, but it's hard to tell from the drawings if that's the case or not. 5 rate ups to the user who finds and posts the original comments from Yoshi that Fernehalwes is referring to.


It was in the very last Live Letter from the Producer. It was an hour or so long. Do I really have to go back through the whole thing to find it?

/lazy

Edited, Dec 18th 2012 9:24am by kainsilv
____________________________



#5 Dec 18 2012 at 8:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
kainsilv wrote:
Wint wrote:
I was thinking it was like a helmet for the bird, but it's hard to tell from the drawings if that's the case or not. 5 rate ups to the user who finds and posts the original comments from Yoshi that Fernehalwes is referring to.


It was in the very last Live Letter from the Producer. It was an hour or so long. Do I really have to go back through the whole thing to find it?

/lazy

Edited, Dec 18th 2012 9:24am by kainsilv


Only if you want the rate ups Smiley: grin Surely there is a transcript out there you can just copy/paste Smiley: tongue
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#6 Dec 18 2012 at 8:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:
For example, we wanted to create chocobo armor, like you might see on a horse mount. Very tough looking.


____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#7 Dec 18 2012 at 8:50 AM Rating: Decent
8 posts
I can't tell if the 'teeth' in that drawing is from the headpiece of that barding or if that is one sick chocobo with canines! lol
#8 Dec 18 2012 at 9:10 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Kachi wrote:
Quote:
For example, we wanted to create chocobo armor, like you might see on a horse mount. Very tough looking.




That answers that question, rate ups distributed Smiley: smile I figured it was armor, interesting that the helmet almost completely hides the bird's head.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#9 Dec 18 2012 at 10:03 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
You can still see a bit of yellow beak just underneath the teeth in that image.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#10 Dec 18 2012 at 10:41 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Wint wrote:
Kachi wrote:
Quote:
For example, we wanted to create chocobo armor, like you might see on a horse mount. Very tough looking.




That answers that question, rate ups distributed Smiley: smile I figured it was armor, interesting that the helmet almost completely hides the bird's head.


Just don't fact check me on that Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#11 Dec 18 2012 at 10:51 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
660 posts
I'm really loving this look, even in the rough stages. The art direction in this game is a good reflection of my own personal style, so I'm all for it!
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#12 Dec 18 2012 at 11:05 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
It really is reminding me a lot of FFXII which is a very good thing in my eyes at least.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#13 Dec 18 2012 at 11:11 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Can't say I was crazy about XII, though largely because it was an offline XI, and by that point I was getting pretty sick of XI. Had it not been for that, solid enough game.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#14 Dec 18 2012 at 12:51 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Unless you had told me beforehand that this was a picture of a chocobo in armour, I would never have known. It looks like an FF Jabba the Hut cast a vague chocobo-like shape in carbonite. Smiley: lol
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#15 Dec 19 2012 at 9:55 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,030 posts
That's pretty **** cool.
#16 Dec 26 2012 at 11:59 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
656 posts
what the **** is this?
it makes me think about modded japanese cars with carbon fiber hoods and parts.
____________________________
モスタル


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 26 All times are in CST
Heero1447, Anonymous Guests (25)