Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

JE Equips FlameshieldFollow

#102 Dec 25 2012 at 8:02 AM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
preludes wrote:
The mistake a lot of old school XI players are making is simply that, this game isn't aimed at you.

It's aimed at the new generation of mmo players, they don't like forced party play or grinding. That's why XIV will be more like WoW then FFXI, like it or not that's just how it is.



and the mistake SE is making is making an MMO like what you described knowing very well that those who played its FIRST FF mmo would be attracted to th enew one only to be disappointed..

you know.. kind alike FF13 which sold poorly becuse all the fans were disappointed that it was NOTHING like ANY of the FF game son the past?. I mean heck FF isnt the only MMO SE has ever mad e(fantasy earth for example) you wanna make a WoW clone... that sfine, give it a differnt name instead of trying to toss your brand name on it for sales since you know no ones gonan buy some "unheard of" game
#103 Dec 25 2012 at 3:39 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,150 posts
Ostia wrote:
Well i guess i worded my argument wrong, when i mentioned AV i was never implying that it was a great boss mechanic boss fight or anything along the lines, i was referring to how SE was quick to fix the encounter when it was being tackled in a way they did not intend the encounter to be tackled, now if that means the encounter was still insanely stupidly hard and mind boggling badly designed is another story.


It wasn't that it was hard though Ostia, which is why I keep stressing the point. Despite adding the leashing mechanic, the encounter was still broken. People were able to defeat it by swapping several alliance parties in and out and zombie rushing it, but I'm sure that this gets tallied in the 'not working as intended' column.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#104 Dec 25 2012 at 4:26 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
preludes wrote:
The mistake a lot of old school XI players are making is simply that, this game isn't aimed at you.

It's aimed at the new generation of mmo players, they don't like forced party play or grinding. That's why XIV will be more like WoW then FFXI, like it or not that's just how it is.



and the mistake SE is making is making an MMO like what you described knowing very well that those who played its FIRST FF mmo would be attracted to th enew one only to be disappointed..

you know.. kind alike FF13 which sold poorly becuse all the fans were disappointed that it was NOTHING like ANY of the FF game son the past?. I mean heck FF isnt the only MMO SE has ever mad e(fantasy earth for example) you wanna make a WoW clone... that sfine, give it a differnt name instead of trying to toss your brand name on it for sales since you know no ones gonan buy some "unheard of" game


Actually in my opinion all three sides on the argument are wrong, SE, Casuals and XI Vets. As for FF13, the game sold well, it sold 6 million copies, and i hate the game, in my opinion FF13 did well because like every first FF in a generation it out sells because it's Final Fantasy! Now for all the units FFXIII sold, FFXIII-2 sold less and it was supposed to be an improvement over FFXIII.....
____________________________
MUTED
#105 Dec 25 2012 at 4:31 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,957 posts
Ostia wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
preludes wrote:
The mistake a lot of old school XI players are making is simply that, this game isn't aimed at you.

It's aimed at the new generation of mmo players, they don't like forced party play or grinding. That's why XIV will be more like WoW then FFXI, like it or not that's just how it is.



and the mistake SE is making is making an MMO like what you described knowing very well that those who played its FIRST FF mmo would be attracted to th enew one only to be disappointed..

you know.. kind alike FF13 which sold poorly becuse all the fans were disappointed that it was NOTHING like ANY of the FF game son the past?. I mean heck FF isnt the only MMO SE has ever mad e(fantasy earth for example) you wanna make a WoW clone... that sfine, give it a differnt name instead of trying to toss your brand name on it for sales since you know no ones gonan buy some "unheard of" game


Actually in my opinion all three sides on the argument are wrong, SE, Casuals and XI Vets. As for FF13, the game sold well, it sold 6 million copies, and i hate the game, in my opinion FF13 did well because like every first FF in a generation it out sells because it's Final Fantasy! Now for all the units FFXIII sold, FFXIII-2 sold less and it was supposed to be an improvement over FFXIII.....



remember all the returned copies of FF13 in stores? sure its sells werent a disappointment.. but compared to how other FFs sold, 6mil is pretty low f or a game with final fantasy in the title
#106 Dec 25 2012 at 6:31 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Ostia wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
preludes wrote:
The mistake a lot of old school XI players are making is simply that, this game isn't aimed at you.

It's aimed at the new generation of mmo players, they don't like forced party play or grinding. That's why XIV will be more like WoW then FFXI, like it or not that's just how it is.



and the mistake SE is making is making an MMO like what you described knowing very well that those who played its FIRST FF mmo would be attracted to th enew one only to be disappointed..

you know.. kind alike FF13 which sold poorly becuse all the fans were disappointed that it was NOTHING like ANY of the FF game son the past?. I mean heck FF isnt the only MMO SE has ever mad e(fantasy earth for example) you wanna make a WoW clone... that sfine, give it a differnt name instead of trying to toss your brand name on it for sales since you know no ones gonan buy some "unheard of" game


Actually in my opinion all three sides on the argument are wrong, SE, Casuals and XI Vets. As for FF13, the game sold well, it sold 6 million copies, and i hate the game, in my opinion FF13 did well because like every first FF in a generation it out sells because it's Final Fantasy! Now for all the units FFXIII sold, FFXIII-2 sold less and it was supposed to be an improvement over FFXIII.....



remember all the returned copies of FF13 in stores? sure its sells werent a disappointment.. but compared to how other FFs sold, 6mil is pretty low f or a game with final fantasy in the title


I returned my copy of FF13 w/o beating it :) The game was horrible in my opinion, but sales wise it was a success, it is only the 4th most sold title in SE catalog only being beaten by FF7, FF8 and FFX . It is the 4th best selling FF title out of 13 main titles, and how many spin offs ?

I am by no means defending SE on their horrible decision on making FFXIII (I hate the game) but sales wise it sold, and SE is just milking FF now anyways so :/
____________________________
MUTED
#107 Dec 25 2012 at 8:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
374 posts
Ostia wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Ostia wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
preludes wrote:
The mistake a lot of old school XI players are making is simply that, this game isn't aimed at you.

It's aimed at the new generation of mmo players, they don't like forced party play or grinding. That's why XIV will be more like WoW then FFXI, like it or not that's just how it is.



and the mistake SE is making is making an MMO like what you described knowing very well that those who played its FIRST FF mmo would be attracted to th enew one only to be disappointed..

you know.. kind alike FF13 which sold poorly becuse all the fans were disappointed that it was NOTHING like ANY of the FF game son the past?. I mean heck FF isnt the only MMO SE has ever mad e(fantasy earth for example) you wanna make a WoW clone... that sfine, give it a differnt name instead of trying to toss your brand name on it for sales since you know no ones gonan buy some "unheard of" game


Actually in my opinion all three sides on the argument are wrong, SE, Casuals and XI Vets. As for FF13, the game sold well, it sold 6 million copies, and i hate the game, in my opinion FF13 did well because like every first FF in a generation it out sells because it's Final Fantasy! Now for all the units FFXIII sold, FFXIII-2 sold less and it was supposed to be an improvement over FFXIII.....



remember all the returned copies of FF13 in stores? sure its sells werent a disappointment.. but compared to how other FFs sold, 6mil is pretty low f or a game with final fantasy in the title


I returned my copy of FF13 w/o beating it :) The game was horrible in my opinion, but sales wise it was a success, it is only the 4th most sold title in SE catalog only being beaten by FF7, FF8 and FFX . It is the 4th best selling FF title out of 13 main titles, and how many spin offs ?

I am by no means defending SE on their horrible decision on making FFXIII (I hate the game) but sales wise it sold, and SE is just milking FF now anyways so :/


It's almost like having an old friend who all of a sudden changes for some reason be it drugs, new wealth, or whatever... They still look the same for the most part, but they just aren't the same anymore. No matter how much we want them to be. Unfortunately to SE, bad sales will be the only true "intervention." And as many have pointed out, you can literally put **** in a box with FF on it and it will sell. (For a while anyway.)
1 2 3 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)