Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Blog Post: NSFW!?Follow

#27 Jan 22 2013 at 5:44 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
19 posts
Either version is good for me; most of the time Shiva has taken me back to "The Fifth Element" all over again, but this is not one of those models.
be that Good or Bad is debateable.lol.
____________________________
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
#28 Jan 22 2013 at 5:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,810 posts
Nagoto1992 wrote:
I didn't play much of FFXIV (only FFXI). Were the other "main" avatars in the game already - Ifrit, Leviathan ect or are they adding them now for the new SMN class?


Iirc they're bastardizing summoning because Yoshi didn't like how it was in XI (multiple people with the same avatar). The ones in XIV, lore or otherwise:

-Garuda
-Titan (Lore/,dats)
-Leviathan (.dats)
-Ifrit
-Ramuh (Lore)
-Mog (was a summon at one point in FF games, so this counts technically.)
-Bahamut (Lore)
-Nidhogg (Lore)

#29 Jan 22 2013 at 6:30 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
Theonehio wrote:
Nagoto1992 wrote:
I didn't play much of FFXIV (only FFXI). Were the other "main" avatars in the game already - Ifrit, Leviathan ect or are they adding them now for the new SMN class?


Iirc they're bastardizing summoning because Yoshi didn't like how it was in XI (multiple people with the same avatar). The ones in XIV, lore or otherwise:

-Garuda
-Titan (Lore/,dats)
-Leviathan (.dats)
-Ifrit
-Ramuh (Lore)
-Mog (was a summon at one point in FF games, so this counts technically.)
-Bahamut (Lore)
-Nidhogg (Lore)



Iirc he wanted to beef them up and destroy whatever's around them when called (Think of PvP with ~1000 people, or some endgame mob); I'd rather see that then have them next to me personally :D
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#30 Jan 22 2013 at 6:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
I think it would be kinda cool if they did it like FF8 (words that shall never again be spoken) and you could improve your affinity with each summon; maybe having a team element to it where higher levels of team summoning create more devastating moves. At least, that's what I hoped for when I thought summoning might be a thing that all players had as a limit type move. Guess it could work kinda the same for a Summoner class.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#31 Jan 22 2013 at 6:53 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
492 posts
she still looks cool, lets just hope they alow you to summon fat chocobo :-D
____________________________
FFXI : Ryobi & Ryder Asura
FFXIV : Bracken Wood Gridania-Balmung

[ffxivsig]dd56e309af6849f1ae5797cc1681e494[/ffxivsig]
#32 Jan 22 2013 at 7:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
REMORA FTW
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#33 Jan 22 2013 at 8:35 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,418 posts
He wanted to clear a few things up:
Quote:
Thal's Balls! These forums are hot enough to melt an ice goddess.

I suppose some of that might be due to slight lack of info in my latest Developers' Blog post. (Looks around... Crickets chirp...) Okay, I suppose most of that might be due to a slight lack of info in my latest Developers' Blog post.

So, I just wanted to pop in to clear things up.

The ZBrush models you see are a Work In Progress. The colors you see are mostly for aesthetic purposes so the designer's eyes don't bleed after staring at a grey blob all day, and the final textures will more than likely end up being a lot similar to what is shown in the original concept art. YAY!

Even with that said, works in progress are just that, and as the work progresses, Yoshi-P may have an epiphany and decide to give her a second head, convert one of her legs into a machine gun, and rename her Jezebel (hopefully not, though... At least the second head part...)

Either way, I apologize again for the confusion, and in future Dev Blog posts, we'll make sure that works in progress are properly tagged and branded.


original post

Edited, Jan 22nd 2013 9:36pm by Teneleven
____________________________

#34 Jan 22 2013 at 9:05 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
Teneleven wrote:
He wanted to clear a few things up:
Quote:
Thal's Balls! These forums are hot enough to melt an ice goddess.

I suppose some of that might be due to slight lack of info in my latest Developers' Blog post. (Looks around... Crickets chirp...) Okay, I suppose most of that might be due to a slight lack of info in my latest Developers' Blog post.

So, I just wanted to pop in to clear things up.

The ZBrush models you see are a Work In Progress. The colors you see are mostly for aesthetic purposes so the designer's eyes don't bleed after staring at a grey blob all day, and the final textures will more than likely end up being a lot similar to what is shown in the original concept art. YAY!

Even with that said, works in progress are just that, and as the work progresses, Yoshi-P may have an epiphany and decide to give her a second head, convert one of her legs into a machine gun, and rename her Jezebel (hopefully not, though... At least the second head part...)

Either way, I apologize again for the confusion, and in future Dev Blog posts, we'll make sure that works in progress are properly tagged and branded.


original post

Edited, Jan 22nd 2013 9:36pm by Teneleven


It's kinda of sad how they have to even post that. I have a feeling the majority of people that complain so much probably also look at a bag of peanuts, labeled as such and unless it says "may contain peanuts, don't eat if your allergic" assume it's walnuts and proceed to eat and almost die from it.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#35 Jan 22 2013 at 9:09 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Eh, given their recent track record, and butchering summons as recently as XII and XIII, I don't think it's an unreasonable doubt to have.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#36 Jan 22 2013 at 9:13 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
Kachi wrote:
Eh, given their recent track record, and butchering summons as recently as XII and XIII, I don't think it's an unreasonable doubt to have.


That's a valid point :) I think Yoshi-P has the right idea himself though. He said bluntly in a interview that SE lot's its way in the FF series after 7/8. It's his goal and job to bring them back on track.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#37 Jan 22 2013 at 10:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Kachi wrote:
Eh, given their recent track record, and butchering summons as recently as XII and XIII, I don't think it's an unreasonable doubt to have.


And yet he could make the perfect game, incorporating everyone's dearest desires, and someone would still ***** that Shiva is too fat.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#38 Jan 22 2013 at 11:34 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
818 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
i like the bottom pic more.. that one actually looks like shiva


What do you mean they all look the same except one at the bottom isn't 3d sculpted? Or are you thinking more in the sense of "that's not wolverine because his suit isn't bright blue and yellow"? I'm just curious, no intent to arouse anger.


Edited, Jan 23rd 2013 12:40am by electromagnet83
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#39 Jan 22 2013 at 11:56 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
931 posts
Cool design , but does anyone think she doesn't look ice themed enough?

is this a summon or do we not know?

anyways, TOO LEWD
____________________________
MUTED
#40 Jan 22 2013 at 11:57 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Wint wrote:
Kachi wrote:
Eh, given their recent track record, and butchering summons as recently as XII and XIII, I don't think it's an unreasonable doubt to have.


And yet he could make the perfect game, incorporating everyone's dearest desires, and someone would still ***** that Shiva is too fat.


Well, yeah, people will always ***** about stupid ****. But whoever said Shiva was fat was smoking something. First of all, there's barely a difference between the two aside from skin color. Secondly, neither of them are the least bit fat. 99% of fans will be happy to have classic Shiva in the game. Who gives a runny **** about the *********
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#41 Jan 23 2013 at 3:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,310 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Quote:
i like the bottom pic more.. that one actually looks like shiva

Dito. The one that isn't fat and tanned.


Catwho wrote:
She isn't fat - she has thick, muscular thighs, like an American super heroine, or an action game fighter like Chun Li. I think that's rather neat.


I can picture the conversation now...

Xoie: Wow! What a detailed ice sculpture of Rinsui!
Catwho: That is Rinsui.
Xoie: It is? Smiley: eek What happened to him?
Catwho: He called Shiva fat.
Xoie: Oooooh. That explains it then. Smiley: oyvey

Kidding aside, the concept art is a bit more stylized than completely practical. Shiva's thighs and hips flare out a great deal, her chest is proudly stuck out with almost an impossible posture, her arms are bigger and her head is smaller, and her hair is spiked up like a crown. It creates the illusion of a tall, regal warrior through the trickery of perspective, but that's exactly the inspiration that concept art is supposed to invoke.

Her 3D model is a bit more human in proportion and a little less conceptual. But I'm sure they'll make more adjustments that draws more upon the original source of inspiration. It's a work in progress.
#42 Jan 23 2013 at 5:29 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Well, seems I hit a nerve there. By the standards of my country, picture number 3 looks like a fat roasted turkey on a stick. No offense intended. If that's what scantly clad women look like where you live, I think Yoshi managed to hit the global standard once again.
#43 Jan 23 2013 at 5:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
598 posts
Just wait until you fight that 'fat roasted turkey'. When she's got you by the nads and hits you with Diamond Dust you'll sing a different tune... Or at least a higher pitch.

LOL!
____________________________
"The next time you have the urge to stab me in the back have the guts to do it to my face." - Malcolm Reynolds
#44 Jan 23 2013 at 5:43 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Well, I prefer the diamond dust of less voluminous women. Then again, that's all personal taste! ^.^/
#45 Jan 23 2013 at 7:26 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,172 posts
Rinsui wrote:
By the standards of my country, picture number 3 looks like a fat roasted turkey on a stick. No offense intended. If that's what scantly clad women look like where you live, I think Yoshi managed to hit the global standard once again.

Do they sell roasted turkey on a stick in Japan?

Anyhow, I'm glad to know that what I would consider 'thick' isn't desired there. In light of that fact, I may have to expedite my travel plans Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#46 Jan 23 2013 at 9:32 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
931 posts
Hmmm. She doesn't look fat to me. somewhat unrealistic thighs, but fat?

what country do you live in where she looks like a fat turkey? some starving part of Africa?
____________________________
MUTED
#47 Jan 23 2013 at 10:32 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Chill. Nobody called you fat.
#48 Jan 23 2013 at 11:01 AM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
In SE's defence, she's not a motorcycle this time, at least... although it's rather sad that I should have cause to be thankful for such a thing.
( ._.)


Edited, Jan 23rd 2013 12:01pm by KaneKitty
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#49 Jan 23 2013 at 1:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
In SE's defence, she's not a motorcycle this time, at least... although it's rather sad that I should have cause to be thankful for such a thing.
( ._.)


Edited, Jan 23rd 2013 12:01pm by KaneKitty


Yeah I've been replaying XIII, and I remembered how ridiculous I thought that particular eidolon was when I went through that again Smiley: laugh
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#50 Jan 23 2013 at 1:48 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Well, seems I hit a nerve there. By the standards of my country, picture number 3 looks like a fat roasted turkey on a stick. No offense intended. If that's what scantly clad women look like where you live, I think Yoshi managed to hit the global standard once again.


It's not that it's what they look like, but what we wish they looked like. Not everyone wants a skinny girl with a pancake ****. Where exactly do you live?
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#51 Jan 23 2013 at 3:52 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,172 posts
Kachi wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
Well, seems I hit a nerve there. By the standards of my country, picture number 3 looks like a fat roasted turkey on a stick. No offense intended. If that's what scantly clad women look like where you live, I think Yoshi managed to hit the global standard once again.


It's not that it's what they look like, but what we wish they looked like. Not everyone wants a skinny girl with a pancake ****. Where exactly do you live?


He lives in Japan and when I go to visit soon, he's taking me on a fat roasted turkey tour. I'll bring the ice cream Smiley: sly
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 74 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (74)