Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Im still a bit confusedFollow

#1 Jan 25 2013 at 6:24 PM Rating: Decent
*
50 posts
Does anyone know if they will wipe our current toons for new game?
#2 Jan 25 2013 at 6:38 PM Rating: Good
They will not. Your character will show up on the same server you were on, same levels, though some things will be different. Your gil will be 1/10 what it was. If you had 5,000,000 gil, you now will have 500,000. They've left a disclaimer out there that some info may need to be wiped, but it shouldn't be anything drastic.

Edited, Jan 25th 2013 7:38pm by IKickYoDog
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
#3 Jan 25 2013 at 6:44 PM Rating: Good
**
362 posts
Nice to know I won't have to play the "rush for a name" game at launch...
____________________________
"Unfortunately many game companies are learning that if they can just keep you busy, you might not realize how bored you are." - Kachi
"Pride in your character will amount to nothing more than the level of intimacy I have when I order a burger from McDonald's" - Warfox07
"I find comfort food always helps when I feel like killing myself." - Papashan (FFXIV)
#4 Jan 25 2013 at 6:46 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,317 posts
Nope, your toon is safe.
#5 Jan 25 2013 at 7:48 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
They'll be deleting the toons but keeping the characters. Make sure you create the appropriate one for the desired outcome. Smiley: tongue
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#6 Jan 25 2013 at 8:16 PM Rating: Good
WooShoo wrote:
Nice to know I won't have to play the "rush for a name" game at launch...


They may be allowing a single name change when the servers open. I don't think it has been confirmed, but if they do allow you to change your name, you may want to be quick about it depending on what you have in mind.
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
#7 Jan 25 2013 at 8:28 PM Rating: Good
**
863 posts
IKickYoDog wrote:
WooShoo wrote:
Nice to know I won't have to play the "rush for a name" game at launch...


They may be allowing a single name change when the servers open. I don't think it has been confirmed, but if they do allow you to change your name, you may want to be quick about it depending on what you have in mind.


I am so happy about this because I really regret not picking SephirothCloudVII.
#8 Jan 25 2013 at 8:31 PM Rating: Default
Belcrono wrote:
IKickYoDog wrote:
WooShoo wrote:
Nice to know I won't have to play the "rush for a name" game at launch...


They may be allowing a single name change when the servers open. I don't think it has been confirmed, but if they do allow you to change your name, you may want to be quick about it depending on what you have in mind.


I am so happy about this because I really regret not picking Sephiroth CloudVII.


Fixed that for ya.
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
#9 Jan 25 2013 at 8:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
IKickYoDog wrote:
Belcrono wrote:
IKickYoDog wrote:
WooShoo wrote:
Nice to know I won't have to play the "rush for a name" game at launch...


They may be allowing a single name change when the servers open. I don't think it has been confirmed, but if they do allow you to change your name, you may want to be quick about it depending on what you have in mind.


I am so happy about this because I really regret not picking xXxxXxSephiroth CloudVIIxXxxXx.


Fixed that for ya.


Fixed that for ya.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#10 Jan 25 2013 at 8:34 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Belcrono wrote:
IKickYoDog wrote:
...if they do allow you to change your name, you may want to be quick about it depending on what you have in mind.

I am so happy about this because I really regret not picking SephirothCloudVII.


Beat me to the punch, lol.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#11 Jan 25 2013 at 8:48 PM Rating: Good
**
598 posts
Oooh there's nothing like the FF fan who's been around so long that they can admit they don't want to be Cloud or Seph anymore. Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#13 Jan 25 2013 at 9:57 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
NoSephiroth in XI finally gave up the ghost last November. That was our linkshell's one founding rule.... "Your name must not be Sephiroth, nor any variation thereof. It's uncreative, and furthermore, confusing. No one wants to keep ten Sephiroths straight."
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#14 Jan 26 2013 at 2:40 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,310 posts
catwho wrote:
NoSephiroth in XI finally gave up the ghost last November. That was our linkshell's one founding rule.... "Your name must not be Sephiroth, nor any variation thereof. It's uncreative, and furthermore, confusing. No one wants to keep ten Sephiroths straight."


I've had a Sephiroth clone I was barely acquainted with get mad at me for not remembering who he was when he returned after a year's absence. It's hard to tell Xsefirothx from Xsefirrothx and from Xsephirothx at a glance. Smiley: laugh
#15 Jan 26 2013 at 7:38 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
Xoie wrote:
catwho wrote:
NoSephiroth in XI finally gave up the ghost last November. That was our linkshell's one founding rule.... "Your name must not be Sephiroth, nor any variation thereof. It's uncreative, and furthermore, confusing. No one wants to keep ten Sephiroths straight."


I've had a Sephiroth clone I was barely acquainted with get mad at me for not remembering who he was when he returned after a year's absence. It's hard to tell Xsefirothx from Xsefirrothx and from Xsephirothx at a glance. Smiley: laugh



Wait, they aren't all the same person? Didn't Jenova make like a million Sephiroth clones? For goodness sake people, is it really that fun to make the 100000 variation of a name?
#16 Jan 26 2013 at 12:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,080 posts
Belcrono wrote:
IKickYoDog wrote:
WooShoo wrote:
Nice to know I won't have to play the "rush for a name" game at launch...


They may be allowing a single name change when the servers open. I don't think it has been confirmed, but if they do allow you to change your name, you may want to be quick about it depending on what you have in mind.


I am so happy about this because I really regret not picking SephirothCloudVII.


What's really sad is (I just checked) there are 192 Sephiroths and 195 Clouds listed on the WoW Armory.
This doesn't include all the mangled misspellings of the names.
They are everywhere. In every game. Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one. - George R.R. Martin
#17 Jan 26 2013 at 12:35 PM Rating: Excellent
**
598 posts
Vorkosigan wrote:
Belcrono wrote:
IKickYoDog wrote:
WooShoo wrote:
Nice to know I won't have to play the "rush for a name" game at launch...


They may be allowing a single name change when the servers open. I don't think it has been confirmed, but if they do allow you to change your name, you may want to be quick about it depending on what you have in mind.


I am so happy about this because I really regret not picking SephirothCloudVII.


What's really sad is (I just checked) there are 192 Sephiroths and 195 Clouds listed on the WoW Armory.
This doesn't include all the mangled misspellings of the names.
They are everywhere. In every game. Smiley: oyvey


"And so does the prophecy come, where he who is known as Cloudiroth shall arise, his singular domination above all VII fanism, the chosen one to meet Legolis369Arrows in a pvp match above all others. Lo, how the rpg world trembled".
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#18 Jan 26 2013 at 3:00 PM Rating: Good
Guru
***
1,310 posts
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Vorkosigan wrote:
Belcrono wrote:
IKickYoDog wrote:
WooShoo wrote:
Nice to know I won't have to play the "rush for a name" game at launch...


They may be allowing a single name change when the servers open. I don't think it has been confirmed, but if they do allow you to change your name, you may want to be quick about it depending on what you have in mind.


I am so happy about this because I really regret not picking SephirothCloudVII.


What's really sad is (I just checked) there are 192 Sephiroths and 195 Clouds listed on the WoW Armory.
This doesn't include all the mangled misspellings of the names.
They are everywhere. In every game. Smiley: oyvey


"And so does the prophecy come, where he who is known as Cloudiroth shall arise, his singular domination above all VII fanism, the chosen one to meet Legolis369Arrows in a pvp match above all others. Lo, how the rpg world trembled".


I see you're quoting from the JeNovah's Witness bible (obligatory VGCats link).
#19 Jan 26 2013 at 4:20 PM Rating: Good
**
598 posts
Xoie wrote:
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Vorkosigan wrote:
Belcrono wrote:
IKickYoDog wrote:
WooShoo wrote:
Nice to know I won't have to play the "rush for a name" game at launch...


They may be allowing a single name change when the servers open. I don't think it has been confirmed, but if they do allow you to change your name, you may want to be quick about it depending on what you have in mind.


I am so happy about this because I really regret not picking SephirothCloudVII.


What's really sad is (I just checked) there are 192 Sephiroths and 195 Clouds listed on the WoW Armory.
This doesn't include all the mangled misspellings of the names.
They are everywhere. In every game. Smiley: oyvey


"And so does the prophecy come, where he who is known as Cloudiroth shall arise, his singular domination above all VII fanism, the chosen one to meet Legolis369Arrows in a pvp match above all others. Lo, how the rpg world trembled".


I see you're quoting from the JeNovah's Witness bible (obligatory VGCats link).


'Tis truth. Die quickly my brothers and sisters.
#20 Jan 26 2013 at 5:46 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Vorkosigan wrote:
What's really sad is (I just checked) there are 192 Sephiroths and 195 Clouds listed on the WoW Armory.
This doesn't include all the mangled misspellings of the names.


It's sad to try and pretend to be Sephiroth / Cloud / &c. in an online Final Fantasy. Doing it in World of Warcraft, I... I just don't know know what to say, aside from my sincere hope that none of them is trying to accomplish it while playing a beer-guzzling Chinese panda man. It would strain the immersion, you know.


Edited, Jan 26th 2013 6:48pm by KaneKitty
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#21 Jan 26 2013 at 8:32 PM Rating: Excellent
**
362 posts
Xoie wrote:
I see you're quoting from the JeNovah's Witness bible (obligatory VGCats link).


Praise Hojo!
One of my favorites from that webcomic. ^^


Edited, Jan 26th 2013 8:34pm by WooShoo
____________________________
"Unfortunately many game companies are learning that if they can just keep you busy, you might not realize how bored you are." - Kachi
"Pride in your character will amount to nothing more than the level of intimacy I have when I order a burger from McDonald's" - Warfox07
"I find comfort food always helps when I feel like killing myself." - Papashan (FFXIV)
#22 Jan 26 2013 at 10:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,805 posts
As much as they should, no they won't.
#23 Jan 27 2013 at 7:01 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,779 posts
There is not a single valid reason on this green earth why they should wipe out existing characters when they have the option for players who want to start fresh to start on clean servers.

Period.

Anyone who thinks they should is very, very selfish and short-sighted.
#24 Jan 27 2013 at 7:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Hyrist wrote:
There is not a single valid reason on this green earth why they should wipe out existing characters when they have the option for players who want to start fresh to start on clean servers.

Period.

Anyone who thinks they should is very, very selfish and short-sighted.


This.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#25 Jan 28 2013 at 10:02 AM Rating: Good
****
4,172 posts
Wint wrote:
Hyrist wrote:
There is not a single valid reason on this green earth why they should wipe out existing characters when they have the option for players who want to start fresh to start on clean servers.

Period.

Anyone who thinks they should is very, very selfish and short-sighted.


This.

This seems a bit redundant. New players don't have any other option but starting fresh and older players could have started fresh on new servers in 1.0 version. Yes, I am very selfish and perhaps often short-sighted, but if you can't see the fact that people wanting to keep old character data also causes issues for the game, you're a bit of a hypocrite.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#26 Jan 28 2013 at 11:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Wint wrote:
Hyrist wrote:
There is not a single valid reason on this green earth why they should wipe out existing characters when they have the option for players who want to start fresh to start on clean servers.

Period.

Anyone who thinks they should is very, very selfish and short-sighted.


This.

This seems a bit redundant. New players don't have any other option but starting fresh and older players could have started fresh on new servers in 1.0 version. Yes, I am very selfish and perhaps often short-sighted, but if you can't see the fact that people wanting to keep old character data also causes issues for the game, you're a bit of a hypocrite.


So even though they're making it so old players can't move to "fresh" servers, you think this is a bad thing some how? The only issues I can see by letting people keep their existing characters are

a) gil. Which they're doing something about.
b) equipment that may not make it to 2.0. Which they also already fixed in the patches for 1.0 (hence the "dated" gear).
c) Profile data merging into the new database. They also seem to have thought of this since it's part of a beta phase.

So no, I don't see how this makes me a hypocrite?
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 83 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (83)