Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

will PS3 version get delayed?Follow

#52 Feb 27 2013 at 7:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,102 posts
Poubelle wrote:
so as we all know from the recent videos...the latest footage for the PS3 version looks HORRENDOUS.


Who knows this? Who could possibly know this? What is this based off? A youtube video? Are you freakin' serious right now, Poubelle? While I expect PS3 quality to be lower than that of a standard PC, there is just no way you could know this, as NO ONE has played it first hand.

Futhermore, if the battle, the music, the graphics, the questing, and the consoles it is available on bother you; don't play it, and move on. Or at least be constructive about your posts instead of blindly typing complete bullsh*t and garbage. Is this sh*t allowed here?

As we all know from recent posts, Pikko is a giant terrorist who shoots bacon out of of her eyeballs. MUST BE FORUM MATERIAL!

Edited, Feb 27th 2013 7:21pm by Raiendel
____________________________
------------------
#53 Mar 13 2013 at 8:32 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
153 posts
Face it. Based on the you tube videos the PS3 version has some issues with frame rates. Additionally, Square-Enix even said the are working with PS3 developers to fix the issues. Realistically, the PS3 beta is slated to get 7 weeks of testing starting in phase 3. Since the coding is different from the PC a unique set of bugs may appear in the PS3 version which may take longer to fix. I wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 version gets delayed yet again.
____________________________
AIM: offthachain
Playonline: Onineko
Sever: Carbuncle
#54Poubelle, Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 9:10 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Yeah, it seems to get increasingly likely by the day that the PS3 version will get delayed until 2014.
#55 Mar 13 2013 at 10:14 PM Rating: Good
***
1,102 posts
Poubelle wrote:
Yeah, it seems to get increasingly likely by the day that the PS3 version will get delayed until 2014.

they seem to be unable or unwilling to update the community on the status of the PS3 version and its blatant technical problems, which makes me think they aren't making much progress. it's the elephant in the room as they say.

but yeah no doubt in my mind at this point that the PS3 version won't be hitting store shelves (or digital stores) any time soon. and people who brushed off this topic as "trolling" will look very silly.

Based on WHAT? lol This boggles my mind, you have like 40 total seconds of PS3 footage from who knows when it was actually taken, and the game is still in beta, and SE has a Sony team on board to help optimize it. You are more convinced than before? How? Why? What additional information has come into light that could possibly support this theory?
____________________________
------------------
#56 Mar 13 2013 at 10:30 PM Rating: Excellent
If they delay the PS3 version, then they'll delay the PC version, too.

But neither will be delayed, at least according to any information that's been released so far. Both versions appear on track for release, and I'm very excited to be able to sit in my living room and play while my wife plays on her laptop!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#57 Mar 13 2013 at 10:36 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
931 posts
Thayos wrote:
If they delay the PS3 version, then they'll delay the PC version, too.

But neither will be delayed, at least according to any information that's been released so far. Both versions appear on track for release, and I'm very excited to be able to sit in my living room and play while my wife plays on her laptop!


@bold - doubt it. I'm just making predictions here, but they'll likely re-release the PC version (digital only) sometime over the Summer, with PS3 version in early 2014.

this seems like the most realistic time frame.

I don't see how the PS3 could evolve from its current pre-Alpha looking state into a sellable product on a Gamestop shelf within the next 6 months. I guess you're just really hopeful?

also you have a ton of level 50s... are you telling me you're going to WILLINGLY purchase the PS3 version when you can already play the PC one? you do know there's going to be a noticeable drop in graphic quality and frame rate, with the game likely being unplayable in large group activities right?

Edited, Mar 14th 2013 12:36am by Poubelle
____________________________
MUTED
#58 Mar 13 2013 at 11:40 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,718 posts
I have a stupid question for you Poubelle..

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

You've done nothing but espouse the belief that if FFXIV launches at all without bursting immediately into flames, that it will be the biggest unmitigated failure of design, execution, and flavor profile since the invention of the razor-lined fleshlight.

If you're just trying to troll, ok... you're bad at it, but ok... if you're genuinely interested in discussing FFXIV, then I have to wonder why you are looking at it in such a negative light. You realize this is a fansite right? Ostensibly a website where fans meet to discuss aspects of whatever they're fans of? In this case FFXIV?

Back at the launch of 1.0, I was really critical of the game, because I'd just spent that beta pointing out all the things it was doing wrong only to watch them do all of those things. So you know what I did? I left. I went away. I came back NOW because I think 2.0 has a shot and I'm desperately curious to see if they can pull it off. I want the game to succeed because I loved Final Fantasy and I loved FFXI.

You, on the other hand, seem to only want to describe all the ways in which it will surely fail. And the kicker is: unlike when I was doing something similar, YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME YET.

You're making all these assertions about things you can't possibly know. In the case of this thread, those assertions are about SE's development process and the steps they're taking with Sony to ensure that the PS3 version of this game is shipped in a playable state. But this is hardly an isolated event.

So I've just got to know... what on Earth are you doing here?


Edited, Mar 14th 2013 12:41am by Callinon
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#59 Mar 14 2013 at 12:02 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Probably some kind of autism. I know that's probably why I'm here Smiley: lol
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#60 Mar 14 2013 at 12:06 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,102 posts
Poubelle wrote:
I don't see how the PS3 could evolve from its current pre-Alpha looking state into a sellable product on a Gamestop shelf within the next 6 months. I guess you're just really hopeful?


This right here, which you have failed to justify twice now; is exactly my point. You have no idea what the current state is, or even when that footage was made by SE. You also don't know the the PC release date is, let alone what goes in to optimizing the game for PS3, or how quickly they will be able to do it.. And I am not saying you're wrong, and I am not saying you're right, because I don't know. And YOU don't know. I am not hopeful, I am indifferent, because there is not enough information available to us to make a justified conclusion.
____________________________
------------------
#61 Mar 14 2013 at 12:10 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
931 posts
I don't really like fanaticism . obviously, I'm here to discuss the game and keep up on info regarding it.

however, XIV was beyond awful. there's no point in being blindly hopeful for a revamp of it which includes boring rehashed gameplay/quest systems that I've seen in 100+ other games.

if they do somehow make history and turn FFXIV into something good, that's great. it just seems really unlikely.

I guess i do feel some weird need to keep you peoples heads out of the clouds

Edited, Mar 14th 2013 2:11am by Poubelle
____________________________
MUTED
#62 Mar 14 2013 at 12:15 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
931 posts
also, I hate this mindset that FFXIV can somehow be good by making it a generic MMORPG with chocobos and moogles sprinkled on top.

I've played and enjoyed every Final Fantasy game so far, I guess the only one I didn't like much was 10/10-2.

I think it's important to remember the final fantasy games have moogles & chocobos & its job system, but those aren't what made those games good. and their inclusion in FFXIV won't make it good (obviously, from 1.0+)

Edited, Mar 14th 2013 2:17am by Poubelle
____________________________
MUTED
#63 Mar 14 2013 at 12:24 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,102 posts
Quote:
I guess i do feel some weird need to keep you peoples heads out of the clouds


So, you are pretty much Rob Reiner then.
____________________________
------------------
#64 Mar 14 2013 at 1:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
also you have a ton of level 50s... are you telling me you're going to WILLINGLY purchase the PS3 version when you can already play the PC one? you do know there's going to be a noticeable drop in graphic quality and frame rate, with the game likely being unplayable in large group activities right?


I only have three level 50s. I'll be playing quite a bit on my PC, but I don't like hiding out in my office for hours on end when I could be in the living room, actually sitting next to the person I'm playing with.

The PS3 version is currently being optimized, and the final version will be much better than the pre-optimization demo video.

And until there's any evidence suggesting the PS3 version will be delayed, there's no serious reason to believe it will be delayed. It's way too far along in production to be shelved until 2014. Also, the development team has stated repeatedly that the PC and PS3 versions will be launched together. So, my earlier point stands... either both will be delayed, or neither. It's looking a lot more like neither.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#65 Mar 14 2013 at 2:57 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I have a stupid question for you Poubelle..

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

You've done nothing but espouse the belief that if FFXIV launches at all without bursting immediately into flames, that it will be the biggest unmitigated failure of design, execution, and flavor profile since the invention of the razor-lined fleshlight.

If you're just trying to troll, ok... you're bad at it, but ok... if you're genuinely interested in discussing FFXIV, then I have to wonder why you are looking at it in such a negative light. You realize this is a fansite right? Ostensibly a website where fans meet to discuss aspects of whatever they're fans of? In this case FFXIV?

Back at the launch of 1.0, I was really critical of the game, because I'd just spent that beta pointing out all the things it was doing wrong only to watch them do all of those things. So you know what I did? I left. I went away. I came back NOW because I think 2.0 has a shot and I'm desperately curious to see if they can pull it off. I want the game to succeed because I loved Final Fantasy and I loved FFXI.

You, on the other hand, seem to only want to describe all the ways in which it will surely fail. And the kicker is: unlike when I was doing something similar, YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME YET.

You're making all these assertions about things you can't possibly know. In the case of this thread, those assertions are about SE's development process and the steps they're taking with Sony to ensure that the PS3 version of this game is shipped in a playable state. But this is hardly an isolated event.

So I've just got to know... what on Earth are you doing here?


Edited, Mar 14th 2013 12:41am by Callinon


Because it would be awfully boring w/o people to argue with ? I mean he is an idiot, but they did release 1.0 on PC and delayed the PS3 version until forever <.<
____________________________
MUTED
#66 Mar 14 2013 at 3:27 AM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Ostia wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I have a stupid question for you Poubelle..

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

You've done nothing but espouse the belief that if FFXIV launches at all without bursting immediately into flames, that it will be the biggest unmitigated failure of design, execution, and flavor profile since the invention of the razor-lined fleshlight.

If you're just trying to troll, ok... you're bad at it, but ok... if you're genuinely interested in discussing FFXIV, then I have to wonder why you are looking at it in such a negative light. You realize this is a fansite right? Ostensibly a website where fans meet to discuss aspects of whatever they're fans of? In this case FFXIV?

Back at the launch of 1.0, I was really critical of the game, because I'd just spent that beta pointing out all the things it was doing wrong only to watch them do all of those things. So you know what I did? I left. I went away. I came back NOW because I think 2.0 has a shot and I'm desperately curious to see if they can pull it off. I want the game to succeed because I loved Final Fantasy and I loved FFXI.

You, on the other hand, seem to only want to describe all the ways in which it will surely fail. And the kicker is: unlike when I was doing something similar, YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME YET.

You're making all these assertions about things you can't possibly know. In the case of this thread, those assertions are about SE's development process and the steps they're taking with Sony to ensure that the PS3 version of this game is shipped in a playable state. But this is hardly an isolated event.

So I've just got to know... what on Earth are you doing here?


Edited, Mar 14th 2013 12:41am by Callinon


Because it would be awfully boring w/o people to argue with ? I mean he is an idiot, but they did release 1.0 on PC and delayed the PS3 version until forever <.<


While that is true, it seems everything Tanaka said never happened. What I have noticed is that when Yoshi-P says something, he means it, then backs it up with results. He has beenpretty dead on with the time frames and such from day one. When the original roadmap wasn't going to make it's release, he told us all way ahead of time. When the new roadmap was released he hit the nail on the head again. So, until I hear different from him, I guess I'll just keep believing what he says.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#67 Mar 14 2013 at 3:37 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
LebargeX wrote:
So, until I hear different from him, I guess I'll just keep believing what he says.

Just a small town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train
Goin' anywhere
#68 Mar 14 2013 at 3:38 AM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
So, until I hear different from him, I guess I'll just keep believing what he says.

Just a small town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train
Goin' anywhere


Exactly!

LOL
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#69 Mar 14 2013 at 6:28 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Guys, the ignore button does work, just sayin' Smiley: nod
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#70 Mar 14 2013 at 7:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
Wint wrote:
Guys, the ignore button does work, just sayin' Smiley: nod


Yep but then we would be curious of what he is saying and the others reply. So i will never hit ignore button even if i wont reply! ^^
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#71 Mar 14 2013 at 9:42 AM Rating: Excellent
Wow, I've been an admin for a very long time, and I didn't even know that existed!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#72 Mar 14 2013 at 9:49 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
374 posts
You might as well call the ignore button the "I accept that I actually get mad about what someone says on the internet" button. I mean come on people, it's hilarious to me you're getting upset about what a guys who's ID is "Trash Can" is saying.
#73 Mar 14 2013 at 10:27 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Poubelle wrote:
Thayos wrote:
If they delay the PS3 version, then they'll delay the PC version, too.

But neither will be delayed, at least according to any information that's been released so far. Both versions appear on track for release, and I'm very excited to be able to sit in my living room and play while my wife plays on her laptop!


@bold - doubt it. I'm just making predictions here, but they'll likely re-release the PC version (digital only) sometime over the Summer, with PS3 version in early 2014.

this seems like the most realistic time frame.


Thank god we have Poubelle, the incredible analyst on the case.


They will not release one without the other. That would be the worst mistake they could make. It would mean they broke their promise, when they were being so good about keeping them until that point. They already proved they are not afraid to push the release back. ****, 2.0 was supposed to be OUT by now, in January/Feb. Not beta. Retail.

If your prediction is right, which it completely isn't, then this would be a repeat of 1.0 all over again. They need the PS3 user-base to bump up the sub numbers.

Lastly, what information are you analyzing? We have no information at all, pc and ps3. They aren't sneakily hiding it, as they've released some video. The fact that the beta roadmap lists ps3 testing in phase 3 is a clear indicator that they have it on track with the PC version.

Quote:
however, XIV was beyond awful.


You played how much of it? Because if they didn't take the servers down, I would still be playing. The changes brought by the end were very nice and I had lots of fun.

Edited, Mar 14th 2013 12:31pm by Louiscool
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1183812[/ffxivsig]
#74 Mar 14 2013 at 10:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
je355804 wrote:
You might as well call the ignore button the "I accept that I actually get mad about what someone says on the internet" button. I mean come on people, it's hilarious to me you're getting upset about what a guys who's ID is "Trash Can" is saying.


Not really, I would think of it more as I don't want his trash cluttering up my forums than getting mad about what he says. I haven't banned him yet because all he is doing right now is trash talking a game, which is certainly within forum limits. If he ever pushes it beyond that then he's out of here. I would rather have Kachi's naysaying than his, I don't feel good about even putting them in the same category because they aren't really. Kachi can form constructive arguments and converse in a civil manner, Poubelle simply has sewage spilling from his keyboard and if you come up with a good counterpoint he just ignores it. Apples and oranges.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#75 Mar 14 2013 at 11:09 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
374 posts
Wint wrote:
je355804 wrote:
You might as well call the ignore button the "I accept that I actually get mad about what someone says on the internet" button. I mean come on people, it's hilarious to me you're getting upset about what a guys who's ID is "Trash Can" is saying.


Not really, I would think of it more as I don't want his trash cluttering up my forums than getting mad about what he says. I haven't banned him yet because all he is doing right now is trash talking a game, which is certainly within forum limits. If he ever pushes it beyond that then he's out of here. I would rather have Kachi's naysaying than his, I don't feel good about even putting them in the same category because they aren't really. Kachi can form constructive arguments and converse in a civil manner, Poubelle simply has sewage spilling from his keyboard and if you come up with a good counterpoint he just ignores it. Apples and oranges.



Can't disagree.

Also, in his defense, as you said I believe Kachi presents valid arguments. While they may not be what we want to hear, sadly SE doesn't have many legs to stand on given it's last several numbered FF releases.
#76 Mar 14 2013 at 11:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I guess what I was trying to make clear is people are allowed to be negative about the game here. It may be wasting their time, and troll posts like Poubelle's certainly aren't constructive, but there are ways to ignore him and at some point his karma will hit the point where every new post is sub defaulted automatically. However, I'm not going to start banning people just because they're bashing the game, people are free to ignore him and skip over his comments, I can't help it if you want to read them though.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
This thread is locked
You cannot post in a locked topic!
Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)