Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Do you think Legacy Beta is a marketing tactic?Follow

#1 Feb 28 2013 at 4:26 PM Rating: Sub-Default
Avatar
**
931 posts
Basically, I just came to a realization.

Everyone in Beta is Legacy. Everyone talking about the Beta are Legacy. AKA people who thought XIV was already good enough to be paid for.

How I came to this realization is when I saw the admin (Thayos) breaking NDA and talking about how great FFXIV gameplay and UI is. I noticed...HEY. THIS GUY HAS A BUNCH OF LEVEL 50s!!! and these are pretty much the only people allowed to test!

I know I bought the CE $80 version and I didn't get in. my friends who bought the game & quit didn't get in the Beta either. only Legacy members who already thought the game is good.

Discuss!
____________________________
MUTED
#2 Feb 28 2013 at 4:33 PM Rating: Good
**
618 posts
I know there are filter's so I don't have to look at these post after the orginal one, but is there a option where I can totally block a user and won't even see them making new posts every 2 minutes.

On a side note Poubelle,

You are 100% wrong in your statement. All though I'm not going to tell you why, I have my sources. And once again, NO I'M NOT A LEGACY MEMBER AND I'M NOT IN THE BETA.

For the love that all is holy, stop posting trash on the forumns picking on legacy members. If I recall a message was nuked because it was attacking you. Attacking legacy members is against the TOU
____________________________
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nghthawk Evenfall
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nytehawk Evenfall


Time is but a window,
Death is but a doorway,
I'll Be Back
#3 Feb 28 2013 at 4:33 PM Rating: Decent
**
793 posts
Quote:

Discuss!


Naw.
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#4Poubelle, Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 4:35 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) at the very least, 99% of the people beta testing are Legacy members.
#5 Feb 28 2013 at 4:43 PM Rating: Excellent
**
618 posts
[quote=Poubelle]I'm to stupid to realize that everything that comes out of my mouth is total ****************

Once again you are wrong in your numbers. Just because you didn't get selected for beta, go cry a river. Not everyone gets in there. Legacy members have every right to get in if they choose to do so. After all if it wasn't for them you wouldn't be here crying and throwing a fit....

Wait a sec... damm Legacy members (j/k)
____________________________
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nghthawk Evenfall
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nytehawk Evenfall


Time is but a window,
Death is but a doorway,
I'll Be Back
#6 Feb 28 2013 at 5:01 PM Rating: Good
**
793 posts
SillyHawk wrote:
[quote=Poubelle]I'm to stupid to realize that everything that comes out of my mouth is total bullsh*t


Spit my coffee out, yup. Well done.
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#7 Feb 28 2013 at 6:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,825 posts
I'm confused, my thread gets nuked because of a possible character attack... this thread is still here and directly attacks an admin accusing them of breaking an NDA that if it were true, would cost the site it's close relations with SE... Hmmmmm
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#8 Feb 28 2013 at 7:09 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
I reported him for attacking another member. I never ask anything of the admins, but can you please ban this guy. Spreading falsehoods and half-truths on the board constantly only hurts people that come here for facts and discussion.
____________________________

#9 Feb 28 2013 at 7:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I'm the noobiest Legacy player out there. I only got to 42 THM and never really finished the storyline.

I paid SE money for six months because I knew they'd give me a bargain later. You're **** right it was a marketing tactic, but one for 2012 to get some much needed cash flow, not for 2013.

There are only around 15,000 Legacy members world wide. If they're doing beta right, they have at least three times that many people testing stuff.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#10 Feb 28 2013 at 8:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
He's being watched, Bethany1 is gone already and Kaolian isn't very happy with what Poubelle is doing either.

I don't ban people I interact with like him, that way they can't accuse me of making it a vendetta.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#11 Feb 28 2013 at 8:32 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
931 posts
well it DID seem like Thayos was breaking NDA, but thats just me. I mean he's clearly legacy.
____________________________
MUTED
#12 Feb 28 2013 at 8:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
And I've said MANY times that saying you're in legacy is not breaking the NDA. Nothing else he's said indicated anything about playing the beta.

Edited, Feb 28th 2013 9:12pm by Wint
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#13 Feb 28 2013 at 8:37 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
931 posts
well regardless my thread isn't even about that guy. but he is a good example of the TYPE of people who are (MOSTLY) playing beta right now.

I'm not trying to make him a villain, he's not a villain for enjoying something. I'm just saying most of the people playing beta & sharing their thoughts on it are dedicated FFXIV subscribers.
____________________________
MUTED
#14 Feb 28 2013 at 8:58 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Wint wrote:
And I've said MANY times that saying you're in legacy is breaking the NDA. Nothing else he's said indicated anything about playing the beta.


Is or is not? Because if it is you have a chicken and the egg problem here. There are many players who were/are known as legacy players before the NDA locked that knowledge down.
#15 Feb 28 2013 at 9:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
**
644 posts


Poubelle wrote:
well regardless my thread isn't even about that guy. but he is a good example of the TYPE of people who are (MOSTLY) playing beta right now.

I'm not trying to make him a villain, he's not a villain for enjoying something. I'm just saying most of the people playing beta & sharing their thoughts on it are dedicated FFXIV subscribers.


Who better to test and judge how SE has revamped the game made it better or worse than those that stuck it out through V1 than "Legacy" players?
Legacy members that played the game to 50 simply have a wider knowledge base to draw from to offer suggestions on where the game should go.

I reckon you think SE should have started with "Legacy" WoW players that have never played XIV to be the Beta's.

In so far as most Beta things there will be several stages involved likely and who is to say that at some point Beta will not be expanded to non-Legacy?

So Thayos said the Game Play and UI are awesome. Just view what SE has released to the public compared to V1 and I can draw that conclusion even though it's been nigh over a year since I played FFXIV. I'm quite excited by what I'm seeing as of now.


Edited, Feb 28th 2013 9:05pm by Dalans
____________________________
Pikko wrote:
I can't freaking believe I didn't click this thread earlier. YOU LITTLE TWERPS!!


Wint wrote:
You know, I can click the rate down button more than once Smiley: motz


>>>--Justice-->
#16 Feb 28 2013 at 9:07 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
**
644 posts
Also it's a commercial game designed to create a long term revenue stream DOT DOT DOT

Everything is a Marketing Tactic Smeg Head
#17 Feb 28 2013 at 9:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Hyrist wrote:
Wint wrote:
And I've said MANY times that saying you're in legacy is breaking the NDA. Nothing else he's said indicated anything about playing the beta.


Is or is not? Because if it is you have a chicken and the egg problem here. There are many players who were/are known as legacy players before the NDA locked that knowledge down.


Oh for crying out loud, is not. My phone jacked things up :P I've fixed my original post.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#18 Feb 28 2013 at 9:14 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
SillyHawk wrote:
I know there are filter's so I don't have to look at these post after the orginal one, but is there a option where I can totally block a user and won't even see them making new posts every 2 minutes.

On a side note Poubelle,

You are 100% wrong in your statement. All though I'm not going to tell you why, I have my sources. And once again, NO I'M NOT A LEGACY MEMBER AND I'M NOT IN THE BETA.

For the love that all is holy, stop posting trash on the forumns picking on legacy members. If I recall a message was nuked because it was attacking you. Attacking legacy members is against the TOU


Yeah, even blocking him, his posts still show up. It's getting tiresome.
____________________________


#19 Feb 28 2013 at 9:57 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,177 posts
Every time Poubelle posts, my red arrow gets some much-needed exercise.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#20 Feb 28 2013 at 10:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Every time Poubelle posts, my red arrow gets some much-needed exercise.


Because sometimes you just got to.


This is the feeling I get...
#21 Feb 28 2013 at 11:44 PM Rating: Good
*
88 posts
Well actualy no, everyone in Beta is not legacy since they also sent invites to Alpha testers. We can't know if anyone else got an invite since they cannot say they got into beta without breaking the NDA.

I would say that the Offical forums already show that not all the Legacy members thought the game was good, and that some realy don't like the direction the game is going now.

I'll be blunt, Legacy status is nothing more than a consolation prize. It's a goodwill gesture on the part of SE towards their customers who stuck with them through a bad spot. It makes good sense to then give them Beta access so that they can give feedback on how they think the game may have improved or gotten worse in their opinion.

#22 Mar 01 2013 at 8:12 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
to be fair, Thayos does tend to walk just up to the line :) but thats why we love him !

Man, I must have missed the post that got Bethany1 bant. bummer.
#23 Mar 01 2013 at 8:53 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Torrence wrote:
to be fair, Thayos does tend to walk just up to the line :) but thats why we love him !

Man, I must have missed the post that got Bethany1 bant. bummer.


Summary: She made a thread stating she wanted to make a list of Legacy players to single out to ban and never-ever-ever do anything with those cootie infested wegacy pwayers.

and Kaolain slammed the Banhammer down harder than a Krogan Warlord. The entire thread got nuked.
#24 Mar 01 2013 at 9:52 AM Rating: Decent
**
793 posts
Hyrist wrote:
Torrence wrote:
to be fair, Thayos does tend to walk just up to the line :) but thats why we love him !

Man, I must have missed the post that got Bethany1 bant. bummer.


Summary: She made a thread stating she wanted to make a list of Legacy players to single out to ban and never-ever-ever do anything with those cootie infested wegacy pwayers.

and Kaolain slammed the Banhammer down harder than a Krogan Warlord. The entire thread got nuked.


Let's not forget the conversation that Pou and her two socks were pretending to have within that thread...

Edited, Mar 1st 2013 9:52am by Onionthiefx
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#25 Mar 01 2013 at 9:53 AM Rating: Excellent
******
48,733 posts
Onionthiefx wrote:
Let's not forget the conversation
Better yet, let's.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#26 Mar 01 2013 at 10:17 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
Hyrist wrote:

Summary: She made a thread stating she wanted to make a list of Legacy players to single out to ban and never-ever-ever do anything with those cootie infested wegacy pwayers.

and Kaolain slammed the Banhammer down harder than a Krogan Warlord. The entire thread got nuked.


That did it? Yea I was in that thread. When I finally got too drunk to post anymore we had hijacked it to actually be a halfway decent discussion :)

or so i thought !
#27 Mar 01 2013 at 10:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
By that point I was getting tired of the thread and personal attacks on myself and Thayos. The actual thread that ****** Kao off I think was one where someone posted some thoughts on some illicit Beta videos and Bethany1 posted something like "You better ban this SOB Wint" or some such. We do get paid to moderate here, but it's not enough to deal with that kind of bull.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#28Poubelle, Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 10:42 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I don't have any sock accounts. be less paranoid. a few negative people and you're convinced it's all the same person?
#29 Mar 01 2013 at 11:12 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
Poubelle wrote:
I don't have any sock accounts. be less paranoid. a few negative people and you're convinced it's all the same person?

please. look at bethany's post history and she's clearly not me.

believe it or not , not everyone has blind faith in ARR and Yoshi-P, if you went ventured into other public forums you would know this.


Why do you keep using the term "blind faith"? I've been around a looooong time, and I've seen everything from start to finish.

Blind faith was "It will be fixed in beta. It will be fixed in the next beta. It will be fixed before release." without a word from SE that they even acknowledged there were issues. THAT was blind fanboism idiotic faith.

What's happening now is an analysis of Yoshi-P's dialogue with the players and the information he has released detailing his plans. We've gotten to see a lot of those plans in action in the form of videos he has released. So yes, folks have faith in him, but it's for the right reasons this time.
#30 Mar 01 2013 at 11:20 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Pouby, baby, if you're not a troll, you sure do a great impression. If you want to be less troll-like, try treating all topics as a discussion and not make or take things personally.
____________________________


#31 Mar 01 2013 at 12:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
The faith in Yoshi-P isn't blind, by a long shot.

Most of us were rather suspicious of the man to start, but were willing to give him a shot because anything was better than Tanaka at that point.

However he started doing something that took players by suprise and gave them a good first impression. That being the Letters from the Developer. He then exemplified that impression by creating the Live Letters, which we've now had five of.

It was a fantastic new trend for the course of FFXIV, but even then that would only take them so far. But he did not stop at just making promises and progress reports. He made promises that he kept. His work in improving FFXIV by 1.2 alone was a staggering contrast to when he he was handed the reins, and a lot of the adjustments were based on feedback.

In the past year he has shown a consistent track record of openness, community participation, listening to feedback, and delivering the best he can on his promises. (And explaining in the instances in which he's late on a promise.) He's adamant in his desire to create a game worthy of the Final Fantasy franchise and his efforts are showing. That is the reason why he has fans. That is the reason why people have faith in him. It is not a faith that was given to him, it was a faith that he earned, and I am optimistic for him delivering on his efforts.
#32 Mar 01 2013 at 12:17 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
I think of him kind of like a new father who really wants to do his best for his kids and tells them how much he cares and **** it all I'm doing my best. And it's only natural that some kids would think that this is a really great dad I have here.

Course, I've known plenty of those dads to raise really ****** kids, not for lack of trying. So I wouldn't call it blind faith. Maybe naive faith, or even overly-optimistic faith, but not blind.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#33 Mar 01 2013 at 12:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Optimistic I think is the good word.

Just remember: Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

The worst: XIV 2.0 still sucks. We all quit within a month and go to Wildstar instead.

The best: XIV 2.0 is the best MMO ever made and single handedly saves Square Enix's portfolio and we're all gonna look back ten years from now and laugh at how afraid we are.

The reality will of course be in between those two extremes. Optimism is the belief that it'll be closer to the "best case" than it will the worst case.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#34 Mar 01 2013 at 1:14 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Why do I trust Yoshi-P?

Have you seen his live letters? That man starts every video with a low bow. Right there, he's telling you, the community, that you are his superior.
____________________________


#35Abidtwo, Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 3:03 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Not cool. She, although annoying yes, didn't really break the NDA by divulging any BETA secrets. No even convinced she was in BETA at all.This type of BIG BROTHER ******** needs to stop.
#36 Mar 01 2013 at 3:11 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,450 posts
Abidtwo wrote:
Wint wrote:
He's being watched, Bethany1 is gone already and Kaolian isn't very happy with what Poubelle is doing either.

I don't ban people I interact with like him, that way they can't accuse me of making it a vendetta.


Not cool. She, although annoying yes, didn't really break the NDA by divulging any BETA secrets. No even convinced she was in BETA at all.This type of BIG BROTHER bullsh*t needs to stop.

Am I going to be banned now as well?


That's debatable. But breaking the NDA isn't the only thing that can get you removed from Zam.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#37 Mar 01 2013 at 3:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Abidtwo wrote:
Wint wrote:
He's being watched, Bethany1 is gone already and Kaolian isn't very happy with what Poubelle is doing either.

I don't ban people I interact with like him, that way they can't accuse me of making it a vendetta.


Not cool. She, although annoying yes, didn't really break the NDA by divulging any BETA secrets. No even convinced she was in BETA at all.This type of BIG BROTHER bullsh*t needs to stop.

Am I going to be banned now as well?


Depends. I don't ban people because they disagree with me. Continue to harass, sure. Ask GYLDL, I can take my lumps and admit when I'm wrong, and I don't think anyone here is going to complain about Bethany1 being gone.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#38Abidtwo, Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 3:21 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Dude, I have seen people straight up curse people out on ZAM, and not get banned. Not even a warning. I'll go look for some posts later and re-post. What she said was clearly sarcastic, and even if it wasn't she used an acronym. I just don't like power abusers that's all. Yeah if someone breaks NDA by all means reprimand them. But don't play favorites, Jeshush.
#39Abidtwo, Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 3:23 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Wint I totally agree with you, she was annoying. 100%! But ban worthy? I think we both know that's not true.
#40 Mar 01 2013 at 3:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Abidtwo wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Abidtwo wrote:
Wint wrote:
He's being watched, Bethany1 is gone already and Kaolian isn't very happy with what Poubelle is doing either.

I don't ban people I interact with like him, that way they can't accuse me of making it a vendetta.


Not cool. She, although annoying yes, didn't really break the NDA by divulging any BETA secrets. No even convinced she was in BETA at all.This type of BIG BROTHER bullsh*t needs to stop.

Am I going to be banned now as well?


That's debatable. But breaking the NDA isn't the only thing that can get you removed from Zam.


Dude, I have seen people straight up curse people out on ZAM, and not get banned. Not even a warning. I'll go look for some posts later and re-post. What she said was clearly sarcastic, and even if it wasn't she used an acronym. I just don't like power abusers that's all. Yeah if someone breaks NDA by all means reprimand them. But don't play favorites, Jeshush.


Reprimand in this case is banning. During the 1.0 beta and alpha, your first post earned you a banning. I'm trying to be more lenient. People who post NDA breaking things get their threads nuked and a warning, she saw fit to keep posting about it after the initial nuke.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#41 Mar 01 2013 at 3:33 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
catwho wrote:
Optimistic I think is the good word.

Just remember: Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

The worst: XIV 2.0 still sucks. We all quit within a month and go to Wildstar instead.

The best: XIV 2.0 is the best MMO ever made and single handedly saves Square Enix's portfolio and we're all gonna look back ten years from now and laugh at how afraid we are.

The reality will of course be in between those two extremes. Optimism is the belief that it'll be closer to the "best case" than it will the worst case.



And in the best case situation, I'd say that it was the best thing that happened to the company. I still may even if it's not in the best case.

Sometimes getting smacked with a bit of humility can do wonders.
#42 Mar 02 2013 at 12:14 AM Rating: Good
Abidtwo wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Abidtwo wrote:
Wint wrote:
He's being watched, Bethany1 is gone already and Kaolian isn't very happy with what Poubelle is doing either.

I don't ban people I interact with like him, that way they can't accuse me of making it a vendetta.


Not cool. She, although annoying yes, didn't really break the NDA by divulging any BETA secrets. No even convinced she was in BETA at all.This type of BIG BROTHER bullsh*t needs to stop.

Am I going to be banned now as well?


That's debatable. But breaking the NDA isn't the only thing that can get you removed from Zam.


Dude, I have seen people straight up curse people out on ZAM, and not get banned. Not even a warning. I'll go look for some posts later and re-post. What she said was clearly sarcastic, and even if it wasn't she used an acronym. I just don't like power abusers that's all. Yeah if someone breaks NDA by all means reprimand them. But don't play favorites, Jeshush.


Do you even know what acronym means? And if so, how does using one absolve someone of being a prick? Just because I abbreviate SOB doesn't mean I get away with it.
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
#43 Mar 02 2013 at 12:39 AM Rating: Excellent
**
832 posts
IKickYoDog wrote:
Abidtwo wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Abidtwo wrote:
Wint wrote:
He's being watched, Bethany1 is gone already and Kaolian isn't very happy with what Poubelle is doing either.

I don't ban people I interact with like him, that way they can't accuse me of making it a vendetta.


Not cool. She, although annoying yes, didn't really break the NDA by divulging any BETA secrets. No even convinced she was in BETA at all.This type of BIG BROTHER bullsh*t needs to stop.

Am I going to be banned now as well?


That's debatable. But breaking the NDA isn't the only thing that can get you removed from Zam.


Dude, I have seen people straight up curse people out on ZAM, and not get banned. Not even a warning. I'll go look for some posts later and re-post. What she said was clearly sarcastic, and even if it wasn't she used an acronym. I just don't like power abusers that's all. Yeah if someone breaks NDA by all means reprimand them. But don't play favorites, Jeshush.


Do you even know what acronym means? And if so, how does using one absolve someone of being a prick? Just because I abbreviate SOB doesn't mean I get away with it.

Unless you are referring to the Star Onion Brigade Smiley: laugh
____________________________
VIVE LA RÉVOLUTION PONEY!
デーブは、ここではありません。
Urthdigger wrote:
First person view {You can have this.} I'm a galka and wore a subligar all the way to 50. You either learn to deal with it, or learn to enjoy the other party member's screams of agony.

Likibiki wrote:
I wish I could get parties of that standard. Sadly I seem to end up playing with myself all the time.

[ffxisig]81208[/ffxisig]
#44 Mar 02 2013 at 7:51 AM Rating: Good
Admiral Niknar wrote:
Unless you are referring to the Star Onion Brigade Smiley: laugh


Touche
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
#45Runespider, Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 10:47 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I think you have to keep in mind that a) many of the moderators here are legacy fanboys and b) their job may very well hang on the success or failure of the game (they may say the money is nothing but if that were truely the case why not do it for free). They are incredibly defensive because lets be honest the game doesn't have that much chance to be anything more than what v1 was and as the forums have so few fanboys they have to try and fill that role. I've never seen a professional forum with paid mods that were the fanboys of the community, to the point they argue with you if you say something negative lol It's quite amusing and actually quite sad to see for anyone that has/had any respect for Zam from XI days.
#46 Mar 02 2013 at 10:57 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Just because you like something, or are anticipating something, doesn't automatically make you a fanboy. (Or fangirl.)

We're not out there writing slash between Yoshi P and Tanaka or any of the more egregious fannish behavior. Smiley: lol
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#47 Mar 02 2013 at 11:23 AM Rating: Decent
*
88 posts
FFXIV has a ton of potential to not only be better than 1.0, but to be better than most of the new batches of MMOs out there. I don't think you quite understand the term fanboy. A fanboy is not just someone who dosen't think like you.

I had a lot of choices of fan sites to join and discuss FFXIV, I chose this one because the moderators showed themselves to be the most reasonable and fair. Just in the last few days it's easy to see from the posts that Wint and the others put up with alot of crap. I know I couldn't put up with the abuse they do and not come unglued.

Their jobs don't hinge on the success of FFXIV, ZAM is a big network of sites, it's been around since freeking Evercrack. If FFXIV tanks, they can always be moved to moderation of other forums. They might not enjoy their job as much, but they would still most likely have a job.

I'm new to this forum, my first dozen posts have been complaints about FFXIV, I have not been banned, I have not even gotten rate downs. I have gotten some pretty good debates and good information. If you post as a reasonable person, you get treated like a reasonable person.

Why is it unprofessional to point out that it makes no sense for you to hang out on a forum for a game you obviously don't like?

If you don't like the game, that's fine. Everyone has different tastes. But spouting off crap that can be easily proven false just makes you look like an unthinking fool and undermines any point you might have.

Edit: Fixed some typos I missed and to add a bit to make sure catwho dosen't think any of this is aimed at them ;p

Edited, Mar 2nd 2013 12:25pm by Wyldkat
#48 Mar 02 2013 at 11:30 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,691 posts
A fanboy is someone that almost takes on the role of PR rep for the company, they put a positive spin on anything and talk up things they have not even played. Normal players don't do this and they complain when things are not to their liking too.

Fanboys are fine, every mmo forum has them. Fanboys arguing with posters as a moderator or admin, that's just a whole other thing.

You should never, ever be arguing with a moderator in posts because they are in a position of power of you and it's just plain unprofessional. I can't think of one professional forum where you can quite commonly start arguing with paid moderation staff, not even the official forums do it and they really have a vested interest in postitive spins.
#49 Mar 02 2013 at 11:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Meh, the way you talk you'd think you were new around here or something. You're not in Kansas, anymore.

The mods here are very lax because the karma system does most of their job for them. As a result, they get to be themselves and actually be an active part of the community. They don't necessarily have to be professional, at least to a certain extent.

It's vastly preferable to the paid mods who don't really care about the subject at all and basically act like robots. I like that our mods don't have a stick up their ***. I've never felt threatened telling any of them exactly what I think, and I've said some things I'm not particularly proud of in retrospect.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#50 Mar 02 2013 at 1:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Runespider wrote:
A fanboy is someone that almost takes on the role of PR rep for the company, they put a positive spin on anything and talk up things they have not even played. Normal players don't do this and they complain when things are not to their liking too.

Fanboys are fine, every mmo forum has them. Fanboys arguing with posters as a moderator or admin, that's just a whole other thing.

You should never, ever be arguing with a moderator in posts because they are in a position of power of you and it's just plain unprofessional. I can't think of one professional forum where you can quite commonly start arguing with paid moderation staff, not even the official forums do it and they really have a vested interest in postitive spins.


As I've said in other threads, if it comes down to banning someone, I put it in someone else's hands (unless it's a spammer or egregious breaking of rules). As far as arguing with forum users, where do you think the Zam admins are picked from? People who use the forums regularly and are known to the existing staff and have proven themselves to be qualified to handle the sometimes craptastic situations we have to deal with here. Believe me, it's not all fun and games. I have to regularly stop myself from posting things that would be considered unprofessional because I'm an admin, and having to have that filter really sucks some days.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#51 Mar 02 2013 at 1:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Kachi wrote:
Meh, the way you talk you'd think you were new around here or something. You're not in Kansas, anymore.

The mods here are very lax because the karma system does most of their job for them. As a result, they get to be themselves and actually be an active part of the community. They don't necessarily have to be professional, at least to a certain extent.

It's vastly preferable to the paid mods who don't really care about the subject at all and basically act like robots. I like that our mods don't have a stick up their ***. I've never felt threatened telling any of them exactly what I think, and I've said some things I'm not particularly proud of in retrospect.


Smiley: inlove you too Kachi Smiley: tongue
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 59 All times are in CST
Seriha, Anonymous Guests (58)