Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

WootFollow

#1 Apr 08 2013 at 5:50 AM Rating: Good
*
195 posts
Check them emails!
#2 Apr 08 2013 at 6:00 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Subtle, but I'll allow it.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#3 Apr 08 2013 at 6:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
You call that subtle?

That was about as subtle as getting slapped across the face with the male genitalia.

Which you can read all about in the next installment of our steamy Wint x Kachi slash fiction! Smiley: wink
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#4 Apr 08 2013 at 6:09 AM Rating: Decent
*
195 posts
Subtle? I love getting the monthly newsletter.
#5 Apr 08 2013 at 6:10 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Kachi wrote:
You call that subtle?

That was about as subtle as getting slapped across the face with the male genitalia.

Which you can read all about in the next installment of our steamy Wint x Kachi slash fiction! Smiley: wink


Turn up your Internet Sarcasm Detector ™, I think it's broken Smiley: tongue
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#6 Apr 08 2013 at 6:40 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
*
139 posts
Damnit I think my emails broken. I wanna be subtle
#7 Apr 08 2013 at 8:33 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Wint wrote:
Kachi wrote:
You call that subtle?

That was about as subtle as getting slapped across the face with the male genitalia.

Which you can read all about in the next installment of our steamy Wint x Kachi slash fiction! Smiley: wink


Turn up your Internet Sarcasm Detector ™, I think it's broken Smiley: tongue


I guess I need a big strong repairman to come and fix it. Bow chicka~ Bow chicka...



Edited, Apr 8th 2013 7:34am by Kachi
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#8 Apr 08 2013 at 9:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Kachi wrote:
Wint wrote:
Kachi wrote:
You call that subtle?

That was about as subtle as getting slapped across the face with the male genitalia.

Which you can read all about in the next installment of our steamy Wint x Kachi slash fiction! Smiley: wink


Turn up your Internet Sarcasm Detector ™, I think it's broken Smiley: tongue


I guess I need a big strong repairman to come and fix it. Bow chicka~ Bow chicka...



Edited, Apr 8th 2013 7:34am by Kachi


/shudder Smiley: eek
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#9 Apr 08 2013 at 9:57 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Smiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lol
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#10 Apr 08 2013 at 11:06 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
728 posts
Yay, Check them emails! Check them to only find e-mails about Seekers and Double EXP in FFXI! I have never checked my email except when I signed up for stuff and now I check it multiple times a day. SE is really starting to irritate me. They could have at least sent a confirmation email saying they got my application nearly two months ago. I think I may stop following the game entirely because it just leads me to see some of the kinds of people that get into the beta which induces more rage (not really here on these forums, but elsewhere). I know I'm just QQing, but I'm sorry if I feel like giving them nearly $2000 over the course of my life somehow should give me a slight bit if priority on this.

Edit: Down voted back to sage, kind of figured that would happen due to mentioning this. Oh well, twas only a matter of time.

Edited, Apr 8th 2013 4:06pm by DamienSScott
____________________________
FFXI: DamienSlvrblade Race: Elvaan Nation: San d'Oria Server: Sylph 2002-2007, Phoenix 2012
PUP WHM PLD MNK BLU BST SAM WAR BLM 99 BRD THF NIN DNC SMN RDM 50+

FFXIV: Damien Scott Race: Duskwight Elezen GC: Limsa Lominsa Server: Ultros
DoW GLA50 ACN50 PUG50 MAR 50 Rest30+
DoH/DoL All 40+
#11 Apr 08 2013 at 11:15 AM Rating: Good
***
3,450 posts
DamienSScott wrote:
Yay, Check them emails! Check them to only find e-mails about Seekers and Double EXP in FFXI! I have never checked my email except when I signed up for stuff and now I check it multiple times a day. SE is really starting to irritate me. They could have at least sent a confirmation email saying they got my application nearly two months ago. I think I may stop following the game entirely because it just leads me to see some of the kinds of people that get into the beta which induces more rage (not really here on these forums, but elsewhere). I know I'm just QQing, but I'm sorry if I feel like giving them nearly $2000 over the course of my life somehow should give me a slight bit if priority on this.


Uh. I remember getting an email confirmation when I filled out the beta application.

If you didn't get one, you probably didn't really apply.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#12 Apr 08 2013 at 11:17 AM Rating: Good
******
48,733 posts
Did the OP want us to discuss the email about making my ***** two inches bigger? I find that to be a weird topic ...
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#13 Apr 08 2013 at 11:17 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
Yep, there was an email confirmation for me as well. Smiley: tongue
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#14 Apr 08 2013 at 11:19 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
You can always try applying again. If SE has your application in the system, they'll tell you you've already applied. If SE doesn't have your application in the system... well, now it is.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#15 Apr 08 2013 at 11:22 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
728 posts
I have tried applying again with my same email but it says that the e-mail has already applied... @#$%^&* SE.....
____________________________
FFXI: DamienSlvrblade Race: Elvaan Nation: San d'Oria Server: Sylph 2002-2007, Phoenix 2012
PUP WHM PLD MNK BLU BST SAM WAR BLM 99 BRD THF NIN DNC SMN RDM 50+

FFXIV: Damien Scott Race: Duskwight Elezen GC: Limsa Lominsa Server: Ultros
DoW GLA50 ACN50 PUG50 MAR 50 Rest30+
DoH/DoL All 40+
#16 Apr 08 2013 at 11:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
DamienSScott wrote:
I have tried applying again with my same email but it says that the e-mail has already applied... @#$%^&* SE.....


Probably an obvious question but did you check your spam folder?
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#17 Apr 08 2013 at 11:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
728 posts
whoops, I guess I did receive a confirmation e-mail, they just haven't chosen me for the beta. oh well, maybe two e-mails will be better than one for not getting in. back to dem old NES games for me.

Edited, Apr 8th 2013 1:36pm by DamienSScott
____________________________
FFXI: DamienSlvrblade Race: Elvaan Nation: San d'Oria Server: Sylph 2002-2007, Phoenix 2012
PUP WHM PLD MNK BLU BST SAM WAR BLM 99 BRD THF NIN DNC SMN RDM 50+

FFXIV: Damien Scott Race: Duskwight Elezen GC: Limsa Lominsa Server: Ultros
DoW GLA50 ACN50 PUG50 MAR 50 Rest30+
DoH/DoL All 40+
#18 Apr 08 2013 at 11:41 AM Rating: Good
*
144 posts
They need to update the FFXIV Blog already its been a WEEK! Give us something geez.. I love reading their blogs..
#19 Apr 08 2013 at 12:46 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
66 posts
NDA stuff is NDA. Nobody here can help you, I suggest you speak with SE support again to see if they can clarify what you were told.

Edited, Apr 8th 2013 4:24pm by Wint
#20 Apr 08 2013 at 2:42 PM Rating: Good
***
3,450 posts
Thanks for being helpful Callinon but we can't help him here unfortunately. He is free to contact me via PM if he has any questions or needs more help.

-Wint

Edited, Apr 8th 2013 4:25pm by Wint
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#21 Apr 08 2013 at 3:08 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
We can't really (NDA) about any (NDA) we got in our (NDA).
____________________________

#22 Apr 08 2013 at 7:26 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
728 posts
They could have used players already signed up instead of advertising for more people to register and then using them. I know they need a wide range of systems/geographical locations to test the game, but I doubt I have many people in my area lining up to play. With as many people as I see breaking NDA elsewhere and as many as I know won't post any feedback I would have been able to actually contribute something... Maybe if i use the specs for my 6 year old laptop they will pick it to "play" the game XD.

Edited, Apr 8th 2013 9:26pm by DamienSScott
____________________________
FFXI: DamienSlvrblade Race: Elvaan Nation: San d'Oria Server: Sylph 2002-2007, Phoenix 2012
PUP WHM PLD MNK BLU BST SAM WAR BLM 99 BRD THF NIN DNC SMN RDM 50+

FFXIV: Damien Scott Race: Duskwight Elezen GC: Limsa Lominsa Server: Ultros
DoW GLA50 ACN50 PUG50 MAR 50 Rest30+
DoH/DoL All 40+
#23 Apr 08 2013 at 8:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Be comforted in the fact that Phase 2 is shorter than phase 1. Phase 3 should be here probably around early May.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#24 Apr 08 2013 at 9:13 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
972 posts
On the bright side, you won't get turned off by an unfinished product.
#25 Apr 08 2013 at 9:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Killua125 wrote:
On the bright side, you won't get turned off by an unfinished product.


I'm not sure you know what the "bright side" is Smiley: tongue
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#26 Apr 08 2013 at 9:57 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
972 posts
I'm just saying, there is a downside to being a beta tester. If you just play the game on release, you get to experience the early game in a more polished form.
#27 Apr 08 2013 at 9:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
You can always just not sign up. If you want to help out and can accept some bugs and other less refined aspects though it can be fun.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#28 Apr 09 2013 at 12:03 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
I'm not signing up for beta either--partially because I'm confident I wouldn't enjoy it, but also to give the game a fighting chance when it actually launches. He makes a fair point. There's an upside to not getting accepted. One of the most important factors in enjoyment is novelty-- newness and unfamiliarity. You get more of it when you stay out of the beta. It's not the only factor, of course, but it's a legitimate look on the bright side.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#29 Apr 09 2013 at 4:35 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
728 posts
Is phase 3 open or closed because I've heard both.
____________________________
FFXI: DamienSlvrblade Race: Elvaan Nation: San d'Oria Server: Sylph 2002-2007, Phoenix 2012
PUP WHM PLD MNK BLU BST SAM WAR BLM 99 BRD THF NIN DNC SMN RDM 50+

FFXIV: Damien Scott Race: Duskwight Elezen GC: Limsa Lominsa Server: Ultros
DoW GLA50 ACN50 PUG50 MAR 50 Rest30+
DoH/DoL All 40+
#30 Apr 09 2013 at 5:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
It's closed but the NDA is lifted so we can talk about it. Beta phase 4 is open.

edit: I should also add that they said that all service account holders will qualify as testers.

Edited, Apr 9th 2013 7:03am by Teravibe
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#31 Apr 09 2013 at 5:22 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*
131 posts
I think that phase 3 is gonna be the last 'real' test, since phase 4 is going to be open, which most likely is going to serve as a trial for the game. Just a guess though =)
#32 Apr 09 2013 at 5:39 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,450 posts
abesut wrote:
I think that phase 3 is gonna be the last 'real' test, since phase 4 is going to be open, which most likely is going to serve as a trial for the game. Just a guess though =)


That's exactly right.

Phase 4, for all intents and purposes, is the launch of the game... complete with character data transferring to live. The only testing left at that point, is stress testing.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#33 Apr 09 2013 at 9:16 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Phase 4 is for last minute working out of kinks. Since not all zones were available in Phase I (confirmed by videos and letters) - not so sure about Phase II yet - there are going to be areas and places that didn't get as rigorously tested in Phase III that'll creep up in Phase 4 when new accounts start getting made again.

My senior project for my master's degree is basically in our phase 4. We're cutting off requests from our clients as of this Thursday - they've had a good two weeks to test it and they keep asking for more things we didn't originally agree to. But we have found some actual last minute bugs we've had to squash, and we would not have found those bugs if they didn't actually use it during those two weeks.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#34 Apr 09 2013 at 9:50 AM Rating: Good
***
3,450 posts
Scope creep is a fun hobby.

I actually thought phase 3 opened up the rest of the world. Didn't the roadmap say something like that?
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#35 Apr 09 2013 at 11:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Scope creep is a fun hobby.

I actually thought phase 3 opened up the rest of the world. Didn't the roadmap say something like that?


Phase 3 will be the other cities and surrounding areas, I got to run around La Noscea and Thanalan during my hands on, I'm excited. However what isn't said is how far you can go, like if the end game zones are available or not.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 61 All times are in CST
FilthMcNasty, Anonymous Guests (60)