Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

FFXIV: ARR = FFXI 10000.0 ?Follow

#1 Apr 17 2013 at 5:41 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
818 posts
Read on before judging. I know there are a significant amount of differences between ARR and FFXI (which I loved and played a long time), such as battle mechanics, menus, general usability, quest and XP mechanics, etc, but after watching the most recent live letter I really feel like XIV ARR is shaping up to be the FFXI that I really always wanted. The landscapes look great, the textures are sharp, the overall graphics shown in the video are really breathtaking, the world seems alive, and most importantly, it really looks like the Final Fantasy Environments we are used to. I praise Yoshida for the excellent work he's done thus far in reshaping XIV and taking it in such a stellar direction.


I cannot wait to explore the beautiful areas they have in store for us......and boom goes the dynamite
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#2 Apr 17 2013 at 5:43 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
972 posts
It's nothing like FFXI (besides the reused FFXI monster models).
#3 Apr 17 2013 at 5:46 PM Rating: Good
**
793 posts
Killua125 wrote:
It's nothing like FFXI (besides the reused FFXI monster models).


Is there a way to block someone's posts so you don't have to read them?
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#5 Apr 17 2013 at 5:51 PM Rating: Good
**
618 posts
Onionthiefx wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
It's nothing like FFXI (besides the reused FFXI monster models).


Is there a way to block someone's posts so you don't have to read them?


Hover near their name and a drop box opens, its at the bottom [ignore], you will still see their name in posts but it will be collapsed so you can't see what they are saying without clicking on it. Sadly there is no known cure on how to avoid when they make a new post, it shows it.....
____________________________
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nghthawk Evenfall
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nytehawk Evenfall


Time is but a window,
Death is but a doorway,
I'll Be Back
#6 Apr 17 2013 at 6:00 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
Onionthiefx wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
It's nothing like FFXI (besides the reused FFXI monster models).


Is there a way to block someone's posts so you don't have to read them?


... what exactly did I say this time? FFXIV: ARR and FFXI are nothing alike.

Edited, Apr 17th 2013 8:00pm by Killua125
#7 Apr 17 2013 at 6:07 PM Rating: Good
**
618 posts
Killua125 wrote:
It's nothing like FFXI (besides the reused FFXI monster models).


Killua125 wrote:
Onionthiefx wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
It's nothing like FFXI (besides the reused FFXI monster models).


Is there a way to block someone's posts so you don't have to read them?


... what exactly did I say this time? FFXIV: ARR and FFXI are nothing alike.

Edited, Apr 17th 2013 8:00pm by Killua125

____________________________
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nghthawk Evenfall
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nytehawk Evenfall


Time is but a window,
Death is but a doorway,
I'll Be Back
#8 Apr 17 2013 at 6:07 PM Rating: Good
*
229 posts
I wish they would add these new videos they talked about in the letter
____________________________
[IMG]http://www.avatarsdb.com/avatars/anime_avatar_01.gif[/IMG]
#9 Apr 17 2013 at 6:10 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,080 posts
SillyHawk wrote:
Onionthiefx wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
It's nothing like FFXI (besides the reused FFXI monster models).


Is there a way to block someone's posts so you don't have to read them?


Hover near their name and a drop box opens, its at the bottom [ignore], you will still see their name in posts but it will be collapsed so you can't see what they are saying without clicking on it. Sadly there is no known cure on how to avoid when they make a new post, it shows it.....


Sadly, there is also no known cure for the people who keep quoting the person you have on ignore.
I think I have 2 or 3 people on my ignore list, but I always end up seeing their stuff anyway. Smiley: disappointed

____________________________
A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one. - George R.R. Martin
#11Killua125, Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 6:15 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I'm not sure how that would 'set someone off'.
#12 Apr 17 2013 at 6:17 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
818 posts
Even though this is my own post I'll shoot myself in the foot and clarify for everyone. I think he was asking how to block ME, not Killua125. I think he was quoting Killua124 and then basically saying "yea for real, how do I block this poster?"
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#13 Apr 17 2013 at 6:21 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
I'm quite sure he was asking how to block me. Smiley: wink

But really, there's no similarities at all between FFXI and FFXIV, besides the typical Final Fantasy themed inserts like Chocobo, Moogle, crystals, etc.

I don't really see similarities between Gridania and Windurst. I think Windurst has more character. Gridania just has a lot of trees.

For gameplay, FFXIV is pretty much like World of Warcraft.
#14 Apr 17 2013 at 6:30 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
818 posts
Killua125 wrote:
I'm quite sure he was asking how to block me. Smiley: wink

But really, there's no similarities at all between FFXI and FFXIV, besides the typical Final Fantasy themed inserts like Chocobo, Moogle, crystals, etc.

I don't really see similarities between Gridania and Windurst. I think Windurst has more character. Gridania just has a lot of trees.

For gameplay, FFXIV is pretty much like World of Warcraft.


They both allow gamepad and will be cross platform? lol that for me makes them very similar in the way that they play.
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#15 Apr 17 2013 at 6:58 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
I was hoping when Poubelle got muted that it would be the end of obnoxious posters. Killua125 does spark some interesting discussion though with his "sky is falling using no logical basis and I refuse to believe otherwise" mentality.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#16 Apr 17 2013 at 7:01 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
818 posts
lol
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#17 Apr 17 2013 at 7:09 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
I was hoping when Poubelle got muted that it would be the end of obnoxious posters. Killua125 does spark some interesting discussion though with his "sky is falling using no logical basis and I refuse to believe otherwise" mentality.


I wasn't even necessarily saying anything in a negative way. There just isn't really many similarities between FFXI and FFXIV: ARR.

I think there were some definite similarities (and a ton of differences) during 1.xx of FFXIV, but Yoshi-P clearly moved as far as he could from FFXI with ARR, and those similarities have been ironed out.
#18 Apr 17 2013 at 7:44 PM Rating: Good
**
793 posts
electromagnet83 wrote:
Onionthiefx wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
It's nothing like FFXI (besides the reused FFXI monster models).


Is there a way to block someone's posts so you don't have to read them?



Yes. Go to the pawn shop, purchase a gun, and stick it in your mouth. Then you won't have to live in a world where everything doesn't go your way every second of every day. :)

Anyways, this post is supposed to be a GOOD thing. FFXIV is going to be great. But hey, what do I know?


I wasn't talking about you. Also, you really need to chill the **** out.
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#19 Apr 17 2013 at 7:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
He's just mad nobody reads his blog. Ignore him.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#20 Apr 17 2013 at 7:46 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
818 posts
Wint wrote:
He's just mad nobody reads his blog. Ignore him.



Haha i realized he wasn't talking to me and deleted that comment. Why is is still there forum moderators? Eh? Eh?
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#21 Apr 17 2013 at 7:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
You can't delete comments, neither can I actually. You can a) edit the content or b) I can nuke the comment which makes it unviewable but it's out there forever.

Consider it a warning that it's never cool to tell someone to kill themselves ok? Even in jest.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#22 Apr 17 2013 at 7:57 PM Rating: Excellent
**
793 posts
Wint wrote:
He's just mad nobody reads his blog. Ignore him.


Thanks I needed that.
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#23 Apr 17 2013 at 8:29 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,898 posts
Killua125 wrote:
I wasn't even necessarily saying anything in a negative way. There just isn't really many similarities between FFXI and FFXIV: ARR.


Let's see. All the races mimic those from FFXI. The 3 "nations" are similar to the 3 in FFXI. One character can play all classes. Many of the same enemy groups from FFXI. Many of the same class/jobs. Mogs, Chocobos, airships, many of the same items, a similar art style, many of the same/similar spells and ancient magic, many of the same or similar weaponskills, Cross-platform, Ability to play with a controller, macros... and that's just stuff I thought off the top of my head.

It's not a replica of FFXI due to different gameplay, combat, crafting, etc... but it absolutely does have a lot of similarities to FFXI. Perhaps if you stopped stating things like they are facts because you said it, people wouldn't be so aggrivated by your overly smug, know-it-all posts... especially considering you're usually exaggerating or making gross assumptions.

Edited, Apr 17th 2013 10:37pm by BartelX
#24 Apr 17 2013 at 8:52 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
530 posts
I think it goes without saying Final Fantasy games will have some similarities across the board. Moogles, as far as I know, are specifically unique to the Final Fantasy series so it's inevitable that you'll come across them as you play the games in the series. The same goes for Chocobos.I would even go as far as saying that you'll come across names of spells, abilities, characters, and summoned creatures that are familiar from the previous myriad of Final Fantasy games.

Think about this, Cid has appeared in just about all the games and odds are you've come across him. It's not always the exact same character but there are similarities as to who he is and what he does.
____________________________
i'm not saying, i'm just saying
_________________________
Babu Voyvoda - Hyur Midlander
White Mage
#25 Apr 17 2013 at 8:53 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
972 posts
I guess I should have been more clear. Sorry. I meant gameplay.
#26 Apr 17 2013 at 9:11 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Regardless,

electromagnet83 wrote:
I really feel like XIV ARR is shaping up to be the FFXI that I really always wanted.


OP never said it even WAS like XI, you just put it in your head that's what was said so that you could input your two cents, which wasn't even relevant. You asked what you did wrong, you acted like a troll. It's the type of behavior that will make people not really give a crap what you post and want to just ignore you. Just thought I'd let ya know, since you asked.

Edited, Apr 17th 2013 11:11pm by BartelX
#27 Apr 17 2013 at 9:23 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
If this is the FFXI that he always wanted, he probably never wanted FFXI to begin with. This is a whole different thing, whether you like what it is or not.

I didn't "put anything in my head", the title says "FFXIV: ARR = FFXI 10000.0 ?" implying that ARR is some 'evolution' of FFXI, when they're really very different aside from the throwbacks. I mean, ARR also has Magitek, but nobody is going to say it's like FFVI.

Edited, Apr 17th 2013 11:25pm by Killua125
#28 Apr 17 2013 at 9:41 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Killua125 wrote:
If this is the FFXI that he always wanted, he probably never wanted FFXI to begin with. This is a whole different thing, whether you like what it is or not.

I didn't "put anything in my head", the title says "FFXIV: ARR = FFXI 10000.0 ?" implying that ARR is some 'evolution' of FFXI, when they're really very different aside from the throwbacks. I mean, ARR also has Magitek, but nobody is going to say it's like FFVI.

Edited, Apr 17th 2013 11:25pm by Killua125


Did you miss the part where I listed off a plethora of other stuff that is very similar to FFXI, including a large amount of stuff that isn't in FFVI? Apparently you did, or chose to conveniently ignore it. I can see that you've turned this into a circular logic argument, so I'm just going to end it there.
#29 Apr 18 2013 at 8:43 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
I was hoping when Poubelle got muted that it would be the end of obnoxious posters. Killua125 does spark some interesting discussion though with his "sky is falling using no logical basis and I refuse to believe otherwise" mentality.


WHAT? Oh happy day what have I missed!?

Killua, your response also kinda just annoyed me but I really have no answer for why...

I mean, he's right, they are different but.. I just read all this sassy flair into your voice in my head that it comes off ******** (Oh wait, now I remember, because you post with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion remarks. What do they call that?)

tl;dr: OP means "The game looks like a Final Fantasy MMO!" It does.

Edited, Apr 18th 2013 10:48am by Louiscool
____________________________


#30 Apr 18 2013 at 8:45 AM Rating: Good
******
48,483 posts
Onionthiefx wrote:
Is there a way to block someone's posts so you don't have to read them?
Mouseover their name, and when the drop down appears click "Ignore." It'll still show that they posted, but you won't see the content.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#31 Apr 18 2013 at 9:03 AM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Killua125 wrote:
It's nothing like FFXI (besides the reused FFXI monster models).


Honestly, I'm not sure why this was a controversial statement, it's somewhat off-topic given the original post, but it's still fairly true.

FFXIV is trying its hardest to not be like FFXI in any meaningful way, it's trying to be a "modern" (i.e. WoW-like) MMORPG, with floating-question-mark-NPCs, minimaps that point the way to your destinations, casual-friendly content and mechanics, and ability to play solo with ease. FFXI is (well, was, up until recently) decidedly "traditional" (i.e., Ultima- or EverQuest-like), with its steep progression, punishing requirements, and focus on group play. At their hearts the two games are really not very similar at all.

Or is all this heat because he forgot to mention the reused races, as well? :P


Edited, Apr 18th 2013 11:04am by KaneKitty
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#32 Apr 18 2013 at 9:06 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Louiscool wrote:
I mean, he's right, they are different but


That's just it though, he isn't right. The games are different, but that's not what he's arguing.

Quote's from Killua wrote:
It's nothing like FFXI (besides the reused FFXI monster models).

FFXIV: ARR and FFXI are nothing alike.

But really, there's no similarities at all between FFXI and FFXIV

For gameplay, FFXIV is pretty much like World of Warcraft.


These aren't factual statements. The first 3 are opinions which are grossly exaggerated and have already been disproven. The last is him guessing based on limited gameplay he's seen in videos and not even experienced first hand. Yes, there are similarities to WoW. There are also similarities to a plethora of other games. He completely fails to grasp that concept, or to even acknowledge that he is wrong, or at least exaggerating and making assumptions. Hence why most people have labelled him as a troll.

KaneKitty wrote:
Honestly, I'm not sure why this was a controversial statement, it's somewhat off-topic given the original post, but it's still fairly true.

FFXIV is trying its hardest to not be like FFXI in any meaningful way, it's trying to be a "modern" (i.e. WoW-like) MMORPG, with floating-question-mark-NPCs, minimaps that point the way to your destinations, casual-friendly content and mechanics, and ability to play solo with ease. FFXI is (well, was, up until recently) decidedly "traditional" (i.e., Ultima- or EverQuest-like), with its steep progression, punishing requirements, and focus on group play. At their hearts the two games are really not very similar at all.

Or is all this heat because he forgot to mention the reused races, as well? :P


I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think the games are much more similar than you're giving credit for. Yes their gameplay is somehwat different, but even that isn't completely unrelated. They both still are based off a TP-combat system, have many similar skills from ffxi, and have classes with very distinctive roles. If anything, in that regards ARR is MORE like FFXI than 1.0 was, because 1.0 was far more open-ended.

Also, I'm not sure when the last time you played FFXI was, but that game has been solo friendly since about 2006, and casual-friendly since the second abyssea came out (which is what, 4 years ago now?). I solo'd pretty much all of my classes pre-abyssea, and although I probably never got the 15k/hr of an excellent XP party while leveling, I still managed a fair rate while also not having to deal with forming/breaking of parties and getting all the spoils for myself. Also, FFXIV is still heavily focused on group play. All of the dungeons require groups, all of the endgame requires groups, FATES require groups (or just a bunch of people thrown together), and I'm pretty positive you can still group to XP.

I don't think having "floating question mark NPC, minimaps that point you to your destination, and casual-friendly content" make the game nothing like FFXI. I think it means that they learned that these things are convenient and efficient, ideas that gamers WANT.

If you read my post, you'd realize I mentioned a heck of a lot more than reused races in terms of similarities...

Edited, Apr 18th 2013 11:22am by BartelX
#33 Apr 18 2013 at 9:07 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
20 posts
i feel like it has a lot of similarities as ffxi with the jobs, and cities and such. i wish it had a little more things ffxi had like different weapons for jobs which i dunno if they have (ex. war can use gaxe, gsword, sword etc. etc.). i do like the faster pace though seeing as i don't have time like i did for ffxi. i would compare everything to ffxi though because 1. its the only mmorpg i've played 2. i played it for so long so its so dear to me

either way excited for phase 4.
____________________________
Tom Sly
#34 Apr 18 2013 at 10:48 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
818 posts
This post wasn't really about the similarities. As one poster accurately quoted me it was about ARR being the XI I always wanted. But now that it has sorta become about similarities. I do not understand how people cannot see that there are striking similarities in XIV and XI. I've decided to compile a list of a few of the similarities.

  • Mithra= MiQote, Taru Taru = Lalafell, Hume = Hyur, Elvaan = Elezen, Galka = Roegadyn
  • 3 Starting City States that are in opposition of sorts while a beastman threatens the land
  • Those flags hanging outside of Limsa Lominsa are awfully familiar aren't they?
  • Aetheryte= The New Crags


Sure these might only be a few, but they're pretty big in my opinion. In any case, I never said they were identical and I'm sure at least one person wont actually read this whole post to know that I merely pointing out there ARE similarities. That is a fact, not my opinion. Some might call these similarities "common FF themes" or "general MMO similarities" or the likes but whatever you choose to call them they still are there in a real tangible form.


...and whoever said FFXIV ARR taking a page from FFXI's book was a bad thing anyways? I loved the world in that game, the lore, the immersiveness. It was fantastic. If FFXIV ARR gives me the same satisfaction then the point of my original post holds true: That ARR is shaping up to give me the experience I wanted with FFXI - updated graphics, better story with voices, and a few updated characteristics that make it generally more playable and enjoyable. Nuff said.


Edited, Apr 18th 2013 12:55pm by electromagnet83
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#35 Apr 18 2013 at 11:26 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
1.0 was way more like XI than ARR is... Also killua was not technically wrong with his statement, you guys just get so butthurt over everything jesus lol
____________________________
MUTED
#36 Apr 18 2013 at 11:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Yeah I guess I don't see why that one got rated down either, for once I agree with a post by Ostia, which makes me feel dirty Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#37 Apr 18 2013 at 11:33 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
818 posts
Ostia wrote:
1.0 was way more like XI than ARR is... Also killua was not technically wrong with his statement, you guys just get so butthurt over everything jesus lol


I disagree with that first part. At least in essence FFXIV ARR feels more like XI did with cities that have life happening, vast beautiful environments, zones, etc. I feel like 2.0 is what 1.0 should have been which for me was sort of an updated XI at it's core. Regardless of how we look at it, FFXIV ARR is going to be pretty sweet from what I can see in the video.
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#38 Apr 18 2013 at 11:35 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
As I've already stated, twice now, yes he is technically wrong. He said the games have no similarities outside of monster .dats. Which is false. He then amended it to outside of FF themed content, which was STILL false. He then amended further to say the gameplay has no similarities, which is STILL false. No one is butthurt, I'm certainly not. I just would prefer people not to spew stuff like it is fact, when in reality it's at best a matter of opinion or assumption. And gee, never would have guessed that a troll is defending another troll. Smiley: rolleyes
#39 Apr 18 2013 at 11:45 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
BartelX wrote:
As I've already stated, twice now, yes he is technically wrong. He said the games have no similarities outside of monster .dats. Which is false. He then amended it to outside of FF themed content, which was STILL false. He then amended further to say the gameplay has no similarities, which is STILL false. No one is butthurt, I'm certainly not. I just would prefer people not to spew stuff like it is fact, when in reality it's at best a matter of opinion or assumption. And gee, never would have guessed that a troll is defending another troll. Smiley: rolleyes


Gameplay wise ? He is right :) You are wrong, is as simple as that, gameplay wise there is nothing akin to XI, sorry to burst your bubble, but that is a Fact.

And yes Races and cities Smiley: lol are similar..... Please SE rename ARR to XI-2 since they are so alike lol
____________________________
MUTED
#40 Apr 18 2013 at 11:54 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Ostia wrote:
BartelX wrote:
As I've already stated, twice now, yes he is technically wrong. He said the games have no similarities outside of monster .dats. Which is false. He then amended it to outside of FF themed content, which was STILL false. He then amended further to say the gameplay has no similarities, which is STILL false. No one is butthurt, I'm certainly not. I just would prefer people not to spew stuff like it is fact, when in reality it's at best a matter of opinion or assumption. And gee, never would have guessed that a troll is defending another troll. Smiley: rolleyes


Gameplay wise ? He is right :) You are wrong, is as simple as that, gameplay wise there is nothing akin to XI, sorry to burst your bubble, but that is a Fact.

And yes Races and cities Smiley: lol are similar..... Please SE rename ARR to XI-2 since they are so alike lol


Congrats, you must be right because you say so. Apparently you don't understand the definition of a fact. That's ok, I'm not really surprised. And since I've already gone through all this once, and you're either too lazy to read it or just too interested in starting an argument to care what was said, I'm not going to bring it up again. Trollers gonna troll.

Edited, Apr 18th 2013 1:56pm by BartelX
#41 Apr 18 2013 at 12:31 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
BartelX wrote:
Ostia wrote:
BartelX wrote:
As I've already stated, twice now, yes he is technically wrong. He said the games have no similarities outside of monster .dats. Which is false. He then amended it to outside of FF themed content, which was STILL false. He then amended further to say the gameplay has no similarities, which is STILL false. No one is butthurt, I'm certainly not. I just would prefer people not to spew stuff like it is fact, when in reality it's at best a matter of opinion or assumption. And gee, never would have guessed that a troll is defending another troll. Smiley: rolleyes


Gameplay wise ? He is right :) You are wrong, is as simple as that, gameplay wise there is nothing akin to XI, sorry to burst your bubble, but that is a Fact.

And yes Races and cities Smiley: lol are similar..... Please SE rename ARR to XI-2 since they are so alike lol


Congrats, you must be right because you say so. Apparently you don't understand the definition of a fact. That's ok, I'm not really surprised. And since I've already gone through all this once, and you're either too lazy to read it or just too interested in starting an argument to care what was said, I'm not going to bring it up again. Trollers gonna troll.

Edited, Apr 18th 2013 1:56pm by BartelX


ARR gameplay is not like XI at All! Combat is nothing Alike! There will be little Open World Content! NM and HNM are going to be Fates! The progression will be thru questing and istance dungeons, not grinding in partys in dunes and stuff.

Please do tell me where is the gamplay similarities between XI and ARR ? Classes is that all ? Really ? Classes ?
____________________________
MUTED
#42 Apr 18 2013 at 12:47 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Sorry, I forgot that you have a time machine and played the game at launch already. Or are you inferring all of that from the beta you can't talk about? If so, kinda funny considering they've only released 20% of the content thus far.

Once again, read the thread. I made a pretty extensive list of similarities, and those were just the ones I took off the top of my head. You do realize that gameplay refers to pretty much everything in the game content-wise, other than graphics and audio... correct? That means story, lore, characters, world content, skills, abilities, etc. But yeah, you keep sticking to your "facts".
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 65 All times are in CDT
Theonehio, Anonymous Guests (64)