Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Ramuh's Theme (Live from Nico Nico) Our Very First GlimpseFollow

#1 May 03 2013 at 12:27 PM Rating: Excellent
*
144 posts
#2 May 03 2013 at 12:31 PM Rating: Good
*
144 posts
#3 May 03 2013 at 12:35 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*
131 posts
The talking in the background is slighty annoying :P otherwise; AWESOMENESS! :D
#4 May 03 2013 at 1:33 PM Rating: Good
*
144 posts
abesut wrote:
The talking in the background is slighty annoying :P otherwise; AWESOMENESS! :D


lol, yes I was annoyed also.. Like, "shut up yoshi-p geeez!' Primal fights are going to be delicious! ;-)
#5 May 03 2013 at 3:15 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
660 posts


This entire article sounds like a reiteration of the pessimists on all the FFXIV forums.

As for the theme itself, I really like it. The talking was kind of annoying, so I'm looking forward to hearing it in-game.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#6 May 03 2013 at 4:02 PM Rating: Good
**
858 posts
Atkascha wrote:

This entire article sounds like a reiteration of the pessimists on all the FFXIV forums.


Pessimists? More like realists. If anything the article sounds like it has been written by someone who isn't a complete FF/Yoshi fanboy and has experience with most MMO's out there; positive and optimistic about the game and what is to come yet tentative about making it sound better and more revolutionizing than it actually is.

There are pessimists out there for sure, but this article doesn't sound anything like them.

Edited, May 3rd 2013 6:04pm by Belcrono

Edited, May 3rd 2013 6:04pm by Belcrono
#7 May 03 2013 at 4:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,010 posts
Haha Ramuh's beard is awesome. I like the song.

Edited, May 3rd 2013 6:09pm by BrokenFox
#8 May 03 2013 at 6:25 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
611 posts
Quote:
However, the new additions to A Realm Reborn may not be eye-openers for MMO veterans, especially those who have played recent releases like Guild Wars 2 and Rift.


Not to criticize the author, but didn't both of these games get met with equal or worse reviews regarding MMO 'innovation'? Specifically Rift, being called another 'clone' of you-know-what?

IMO, what makes an MMO great is not it's capacity to blow minds at launch, but it's ability to adapt to it's player-base's wants and create new idea and concepts from there. I'm sure the game will be exciting and fun at launch but I think that it will be at least a year before we see FFXIV find it's identity.

Just my thoughts...
____________________________
FFXI Ronyn RDM 75 (R.I.P.) -Fairy / BarretJax 95 MNK (Non-Active) - Asura
Ronin Olorin / Ronyn Oloryn (Active) - Ultros Server

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence." - Max Ehrmann
#9 May 03 2013 at 10:09 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
636 posts
Gotta admit, I'm gonna love having different battle themes in an MMO :P

Also, dat beard >.>

As for Rift...good game, but yeah, not as innovative as some think
#10 May 04 2013 at 1:27 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
Oh those comments!! Jesus nothing like FF Fans!! If tears where worth something FF fanbase would be like the richest country in the world....

And to contribute to the thread, he is right ;)
____________________________
MUTED
#11 May 04 2013 at 5:46 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
636 posts
Ostia wrote:
Oh those comments!! Jesus nothing like FF Fans!! If tears where worth something FF fanbase would be like the richest country in the world....

And to contribute to the thread, he is right ;)



I think that Nintendo, Sonic, and Zelda fans in general are worse, but yes.

Oh well, most of them are the vocal minority
#12 May 04 2013 at 5:47 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Ostia wrote:
Oh those comments!! Jesus nothing like FF Fans!! If tears where worth something FF fanbase would be like the richest country in the world....

And to contribute to the thread, he is right ;)


You just can't stand it when other people enjoy something you don't can you?
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#13 May 04 2013 at 5:49 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
636 posts
Wint wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Oh those comments!! Jesus nothing like FF Fans!! If tears where worth something FF fanbase would be like the richest country in the world....

And to contribute to the thread, he is right ;)


You just can't stand it when other people enjoy something you don't can you?


And now I have to check the comments to make sure that I didn't just agree with a negative XD
#14 May 04 2013 at 5:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Gelthidor wrote:
Wint wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Oh those comments!! Jesus nothing like FF Fans!! If tears where worth something FF fanbase would be like the richest country in the world....

And to contribute to the thread, he is right ;)


You just can't stand it when other people enjoy something you don't can you?


And now I have to check the comments to make sure that I didn't just agree with a negative XD


No this is just me and Ostia Smiley: tongue

I actually think that FF fans can be some of the worst so I'll actually agree on that point, but what I said is also true Smiley: tongue
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#15 May 04 2013 at 5:57 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
636 posts
Haha, I see. I admit, I do miss the ZAM (or back when I actively posted...somewhat, Alakhazam) gaming community :P

Seriously though the music is good, and the fact that they didn't do away with changing battle themes is a plus
#16 May 04 2013 at 10:03 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
175 posts
Love the music, some really good tracks for ARR. I might get shot for this but I wasn't a fan of a lot of 1.0's tracks Some of them were good but a majority of it I wasn't a fan. A lotta the music that's come since Yoshi and tracks released here and there online have been great. At least for me one of the strong points of FF has been its music and it has been severely lacking. Even in its own Distant Worlds tours the program designers have been smart enough not to include much if any music from beyond XI. While I love Uematsu and always will his music was part of my childhood a lot of his stuff just isn't as inspired as of late. (in my opinion) I'm glad they are getting some new blood in that are trying to go back to what made FF good with memorable music.

On the derailed side FF fans can be pretty bad... But I think the cake would go to Zelda or Star Wars fans they can be pretty scary.. Smiley: lol Just remember XIV: ARR would not have happened if a lot of the naysayers and people that complained and stopped playing would not have happened and we'd sitll have 1.0. While some people will hate just to troll. Nothing is perfect and nothing gets fixed if people don't speak up.
____________________________
Gothos 75 SMN 75 WHM 68 COR 65SAM ~FFXI (Valefor)
80 Warlock - 80 Priest - 80 Shaman WoW (Moon Guard)
#17 May 04 2013 at 10:26 AM Rating: Decent
****
6,898 posts
Ostia wrote:
Oh those comments!! Jesus nothing like FF Fans!! If tears where worth something FF fanbase would be like the richest country in the world....

And to contribute to the thread, he is right ;)


And if over-the-top, trollish comments were worth something, you'd be a billionaire!

Although in this case, I thought the review wasn't too bad. Based on beta phase 2, where there wasn't a huge chunk of content, I can see how the game doesn't showcase it's innovation all that much, seeing as how most of the unique stuff (chocobo companions, guildhests, grand companies, etc) aren't implemented yet. However, his description of levequests and saying they are the exact same thing as WoW dailies was pretty stupid. They share similarities in that they are repeatable... but that's about it from what I can tell. And there were a lot of games before WoW that had repeatable/daily quests.

Also, the fact that he mentioned pugilists in the beta really baffles me, since they weren't available in beta phase 2. Hard to take him completely seriously when he doesn't even understand what classes are available. Thankfully the rest of the review seemed relatively on target.

Edited, May 4th 2013 12:34pm by BartelX
#18 May 04 2013 at 11:07 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
Wint wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Oh those comments!! Jesus nothing like FF Fans!! If tears where worth something FF fanbase would be like the richest country in the world....

And to contribute to the thread, he is right ;)


You just can't stand it when other people enjoy something you don't can you?


Oh i am not the one who deletes comments he does not agrees with Smiley: lol Also i said nothing of not enjoying, and who has ever told you i do not enjoy FFXIV ? Even more now that it turned into what i said it should :)
____________________________
MUTED
#19 May 04 2013 at 11:22 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
BartelX wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Oh those comments!! Jesus nothing like FF Fans!! If tears where worth something FF fanbase would be like the richest country in the world....

And to contribute to the thread, he is right ;)


And if over-the-top, trollish comments were worth something, you'd be a billionaire!

Although in this case, I thought the review wasn't too bad. Based on beta phase 2, where there wasn't a huge chunk of content, I can see how the game doesn't showcase it's innovation all that much, seeing as how most of the unique stuff (chocobo companions, guildhests, grand companies, etc) aren't implemented yet. However, his description of levequests and saying they are the exact same thing as WoW dailies was pretty stupid. They share similarities in that they are repeatable... but that's about it from what I can tell. And there were a lot of games before WoW that had repeatable/daily quests.

Also, the fact that he mentioned pugilists in the beta really baffles me, since they weren't available in beta phase 2. Hard to take him completely seriously when he doesn't even understand what classes are available. Thankfully the rest of the review seemed relatively on target.

Edited, May 4th 2013 12:34pm by BartelX


Oh barteIX..... Why do you even try ? Really ? The review is not even bad, you guys take anything that does not say's "ARR Will be the best thing since ***" as omg they are so negative!!!! BURN THE BASTARDS!!!!

Is Arr a wowfied version of FF ? Indeed! Atleast if you compare between what a true FF MMO is (XI) and what 1.0 was, ARR is a more wow styled game, there is no denying that, i just dont understand why people blow their **** over a statement as factual as that..... Seriously you guys take everything so to heart lol.

Oh and levequest are dailies......
____________________________
MUTED
#20 May 04 2013 at 11:58 AM Rating: Default
****
6,898 posts
Ostia wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Oh those comments!! Jesus nothing like FF Fans!! If tears where worth something FF fanbase would be like the richest country in the world....

And to contribute to the thread, he is right ;)


And if over-the-top, trollish comments were worth something, you'd be a billionaire!

Although in this case, I thought the review wasn't too bad. Based on beta phase 2, where there wasn't a huge chunk of content, I can see how the game doesn't showcase it's innovation all that much, seeing as how most of the unique stuff (chocobo companions, guildhests, grand companies, etc) aren't implemented yet. However, his description of levequests and saying they are the exact same thing as WoW dailies was pretty stupid. They share similarities in that they are repeatable... but that's about it from what I can tell. And there were a lot of games before WoW that had repeatable/daily quests.

Also, the fact that he mentioned pugilists in the beta really baffles me, since they weren't available in beta phase 2. Hard to take him completely seriously when he doesn't even understand what classes are available. Thankfully the rest of the review seemed relatively on target.

Edited, May 4th 2013 12:34pm by BartelX


Oh barteIX..... Why do you even try ? Really ? The review is not even bad, you guys take anything that does not say's "ARR Will be the best thing since ***" as omg they are so negative!!!! BURN THE BASTARDS!!!!


BartelX wrote:
Although in this case, I thought the review wasn't too bad.


Reading comprehension for the loss?

Ostia wrote:
Is Arr a wowfied version of FF ? Indeed! Atleast if you compare between what a true FF MMO is (XI) and what 1.0 was, ARR is a more wow styled game, there is no denying that, i just dont understand why people blow their sh*t over a statement as factual as that..... Seriously you guys take everything so to heart lol.

Oh and levequest are dailies......


Yep, because you said it it must be true. You are really bad at trolling. [:lol] What I will agree with you on is that ARR does have a more WoW styled gameplay than FFXI or 1.0. I've said that since the beginning. In fact, I'm not really sure why you keep bringing it up like I think they have nothing in common. If you actually took the time to read things instead of blindly trolling, you'd probably realize that.

Edited, May 4th 2013 2:07pm by BartelX
#21 May 04 2013 at 12:15 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
175 posts
Amazing how hateful threads can turn just from someone posting links to new music >.> In a lame attempt to try to get it back on track that will likely be ignored. Is anyone really excited to hear what Shivas music will sound like? She was always one of my favs. Smiley: nod
____________________________
Gothos 75 SMN 75 WHM 68 COR 65SAM ~FFXI (Valefor)
80 Warlock - 80 Priest - 80 Shaman WoW (Moon Guard)
#22 May 04 2013 at 2:55 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
BartelX wrote:
Ostia wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Oh those comments!! Jesus nothing like FF Fans!! If tears where worth something FF fanbase would be like the richest country in the world....

And to contribute to the thread, he is right ;)


And if over-the-top, trollish comments were worth something, you'd be a billionaire!

Although in this case, I thought the review wasn't too bad. Based on beta phase 2, where there wasn't a huge chunk of content, I can see how the game doesn't showcase it's innovation all that much, seeing as how most of the unique stuff (chocobo companions, guildhests, grand companies, etc) aren't implemented yet. However, his description of levequests and saying they are the exact same thing as WoW dailies was pretty stupid. They share similarities in that they are repeatable... but that's about it from what I can tell. And there were a lot of games before WoW that had repeatable/daily quests.

Also, the fact that he mentioned pugilists in the beta really baffles me, since they weren't available in beta phase 2. Hard to take him completely seriously when he doesn't even understand what classes are available. Thankfully the rest of the review seemed relatively on target.

Edited, May 4th 2013 12:34pm by BartelX


Oh barteIX..... Why do you even try ? Really ? The review is not even bad, you guys take anything that does not say's "ARR Will be the best thing since ***" as omg they are so negative!!!! BURN THE BASTARDS!!!!


BartelX wrote:
Although in this case, I thought the review wasn't too bad.


Reading comprehension for the loss?

Ostia wrote:
Is Arr a wowfied version of FF ? Indeed! Atleast if you compare between what a true FF MMO is (XI) and what 1.0 was, ARR is a more wow styled game, there is no denying that, i just dont understand why people blow their sh*t over a statement as factual as that..... Seriously you guys take everything so to heart lol.

Oh and levequest are dailies......


Yep, because you said it it must be true. You are really bad at trolling. [:lol] What I will agree with you on is that ARR does have a more WoW styled gameplay than FFXI or 1.0. I've said that since the beginning. In fact, I'm not really sure why you keep bringing it up like I think they have nothing in common. If you actually took the time to read things instead of blindly trolling, you'd probably realize that.

Edited, May 4th 2013 2:07pm by BartelX



How was it even remotely bad ? It called a spade a spade... Also please to indulge me and tell me how are dailies different than levequest :)
____________________________
MUTED
#23 May 04 2013 at 4:24 PM Rating: Decent
****
6,898 posts
Well, number one the author said he was running around with pugilists everywhere, which were not in beta phase 2. Kinda makes his credibility a bit questionable. For another, the entire article is based around two pieces of content, completely neglecting to even mention stuff like dungeons, normal quests, storyline quests, etc. But honestly, as I said, I thought the article was mostly well written aside from what I mentioned. How you turned that into me hating it or white knighting for the game, only you will know.

As for levequests, for one thing, I don't remember any dailies that are timed and change the amount of XP/money gained by completion time in WoW. For another, WoW didn't invent dailies, they've been around since EQ days. For a third, I don't remember being able to get all my dailies from one place, and being able to pick and choose complete different sets of them based on what class I'm on (fighting vs. crafting vs. harvesting). Also, you can't set the difficulty level on WoW dailies. And lastly, adding more party members or increasing the difficulty of dailies didn't change their content like in ARR (NM's, chest spawns). So no, I don't think levequests are the exact same thing as dailies. They share similarities for sure, but to me levequests are like an upgraded, modified version of dailies with more choices and options.

Edited, May 4th 2013 6:26pm by BartelX
#24 May 04 2013 at 4:43 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
BartelX wrote:
Well, number one the author said he was running around with pugilists everywhere, which were not in beta phase 2. Kinda makes his credibility a bit questionable. For another, the entire article is based around two pieces of content, completely neglecting to even mention stuff like dungeons, normal quests, storyline quests, etc. But honestly, as I said, I thought the article was mostly well written aside from what I mentioned. How you turned that into me hating it or white knighting for the game, only you will know.

As for levequests, for one thing, I don't remember any dailies that are timed and change the amount of XP/money gained by completion time in WoW. For another, WoW didn't invent dailies, they've been around since EQ days. For a third, I don't remember being able to get all my dailies from one place, and being able to pick and choose complete different sets of them based on what class I'm on (fighting vs. crafting vs. harvesting). Also, you can't set the difficulty level on WoW dailies. And lastly, adding more party members or increasing the difficulty of dailies didn't change their content like in ARR (NM's, chest spawns). So no, I don't think levequests are the exact same thing as dailies. They share similarities for sure, but to me levequests are like an upgraded, modified version of dailies with more choices and options.

Edited, May 4th 2013 6:26pm by BartelX


When did i ever accused you of white knighting ? All articles are being based around limited testing of beta 2, way to few pieces of the puzzle, yet when a review puts the game in a 10/10 perspective (Wint's review for example) is all good, when another puts a bit more of realism in it.... People have issues and problems Smiley: lol

Also levequest are the same as dailies, get over it, you get # of quest a day, just like in WOW! Oh you can change difficulty.. SO MUCH DIFFERENCE!! Smiley: lol What are you gonna say next ? Istances are not the same as dungeons because in ARR they got timers ? Jajajaja! Gosh you are fun.
____________________________
MUTED
#25 May 04 2013 at 4:51 PM Rating: Default
****
6,898 posts
I pointed out five substantial differences between levequests and dailies. You responded to one point, writing it off because " Oh you can change difficulty.. SO MUCH DIFFERENCE!!" You then neglected all my other points, which you do every time you respond because you know I'm right and you can't defend your point of view except by trying to make fun of other people's points. I actually feel bad for you, because clearly you have no idea how a debate works.

You claimed they were exactly the same. They aren't. Get over yourself.

#26 May 04 2013 at 5:08 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
BartelX wrote:
I pointed out five substantial differences between levequests and dailies. You responded to one point, writing it off because " Oh you can change difficulty.. SO MUCH DIFFERENCE!!" You then neglected all my other points, which you do every time you respond because you know I'm right and you can't defend your point of view except by trying to make fun of other people's points. I actually feel bad for you, because clearly you have no idea how a debate works.

You claimed they were exactly the same. They aren't. Get over yourself.



Your points are stupid, a fighting daily is a fighting daily be it on a monk or a warrior, is irrelevant if you have to kill 3 dodos instead of 4 coblyns by changing classes Smiley: lol Most dailies are gathered from one location, only difference is in XIV is one NPC instead of an area.... Again Smiley: lol Them differences are HUGE! The only real difference is how you can change difficulty... and again they are dailies brah... Nothing ground breaking hard there.

They are the same, their purpose and mechanics are slightly different, but a daily is a daily. just like FATE is a knock off Rift and Gw2 public questing :)
____________________________
MUTED
#27 May 04 2013 at 5:12 PM Rating: Default
****
6,898 posts
Ostia wrote:
Your points are stupid


Another compelling argument from sage Ostia. Smiley: rolleyes
#28 May 04 2013 at 5:37 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
BartelX wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Your points are stupid


Another compelling argument from sage Ostia. Smiley: rolleyes


I got you dint i ? Smiley: lol
____________________________
MUTED
#29 May 04 2013 at 5:56 PM Rating: Default
****
6,898 posts
Ostia wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Your points are stupid


Another compelling argument from sage Ostia. Smiley: rolleyes


I got you dint i ? Smiley: lol


Oh yes, clearly. That vastly superior intellect of "U R DUMB" wins so many arguments.
#30 May 04 2013 at 10:38 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
BartelX wrote:
Ostia wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Your points are stupid


Another compelling argument from sage Ostia. Smiley: rolleyes


I got you dint i ? Smiley: lol


Oh yes, clearly. That vastly superior intellect of "U R DUMB" wins so many arguments.


you'll be surprised Smiley: lol
____________________________
MUTED
#31 May 04 2013 at 10:52 PM Rating: Default
****
6,898 posts
Hehe, I actually wouldn't, because I used to have your mentality. If you were to look back at my posting over the last 8 years in retrospect, you'd see me flaming the **** out of people quite often. I'm a loudmouth, arrogant *** a lot of the time and I know it. But I also believe strongly in what I say, and am willing to back it up whenever possible. I'm not always right, but you **** well better bring something stronger than "your points are stupid" if you expect to prove me wrong on something. Smiley: grin
#32 May 04 2013 at 11:46 PM Rating: Good
***
2,202 posts
If i had just said "Because your points is stupids" you might have an argument but i did not :)
____________________________
MUTED
#33 May 05 2013 at 12:08 AM Rating: Decent
****
6,898 posts
Ostia wrote:
If i had just said "Because your points is stupids" you might have an argument but i did not :)


Nope, instead you made asinine comments that had so little to do with my original points, and so much more to do with your personal agenda, that's it's rather sad. How about commenting on how levequests have random factors of adding NM's and treasure chests based on difficulty level? Do dailies do that? How about commenting on how the experience and gil rewarded from leves is based on completion time. Do dailies do that? How about how you can have levequests based soley around crafting and gathering professions. Do dailies do that?

No, you conveniently neglected all those points to fit your agenda. I was being nice and just letting all that slide, but if you insist on thinking you somehow "won" this argument, I can assure you, you are mistaken.
#34 May 05 2013 at 12:42 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
587 posts
As soon as MMO communities stop competing with each other, and start realizing that each MMO builds (and evolves) off of one another, the industry will really start to flourish.

If any MMO shares similarities with WoW, that doesn't inherently mean it's a bad thing.

One thing that Final Fantasy does extremely well (throughout its history) is: tell a story. If they combine their powerful storytelling techniques, impressive musical scores, and enticing art direction with gameplay elements from well-established MMOs, so be it. That, to me, is the making of an excellent gaming experience with legs.

After all, I like my games like I like my women... with very nice legs.

Edited, May 5th 2013 2:49am by weran
____________________________
FFXIV
Vencedor Solares - 50 PLD

WoW
Vencedor - 85 Protection Paladin - Ner'zhul
Dancingedge - 85 Rogue - Ner'zhul

FFXI
Weran - 75SAM | 75THF | 100+2+3 Woodworking
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 76 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (76)