Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

What do you want to see in 2.0?Follow

#1 May 26 2013 at 3:19 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
818 posts
Since there is a little lull in the flow of information which will last presumably until E3, I wanted to start a wishlist thread. This is not a bashing thread or a "what I DONT want" thread. It is a thread devoted to each of use making a Holiday Wish list so-to-speak. What would I like to see?

1.) Golden Saucer being really technologically advanced, contrasting pretty hard with the "simple life" of the areas we've seen so far. I want it to be grand and spectacular.

2.) To add to that, I would love to see a card game implemented like tetra master or triple triad. Maybe for the sake of control they can limit actual card play to the Golden Saucer "tournaments".

3.) As I've mentioned many times I would love to see slow travel options. Airship, boat, and TRAINS. I would love to see the train function like the Chocobo porter where once the ticket is bought we actually ride the train from point A to point B while able to look out the window and see adventurers grinding away at their levels.

4.) I wish for a solid, helpful, and friendly community of players.

5.) I hope the boss battles are epic

6.) I hope the storyline is well written and fun to actually watch.

What do you guys want?
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#2 May 26 2013 at 3:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
**
611 posts
1. Personal Housing (I think they mentioned implementing this???)
2. Eventual implementation of RDM
3. A mature, fun and helpful community
4. Time-based Travel (Balanced with the current system, which I hear is relatively fast)
5. Compelling story-line

____________________________
FFXI Ronyn RDM 75 (R.I.P.) -Fairy / BarretJax 95 MNK (Non-Active) - Asura
Ronin Olorin / Ronyn Oloryn (Active) - Ultros Server

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence." - Max Ehrmann
#3 May 26 2013 at 3:43 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
I think you both covered all the stuff I want too. The only thing I would add would be mounted battle. Someone mentioned it in another thread too.

ETA: it's not an in game thing but I would really really like a controller/keyboard peripheral like the Logitech one I had for FF XI. I know some of you have had one before too. It was just so handy.

Edited, May 26th 2013 2:45pm by LebargeX
#4 May 26 2013 at 3:48 PM Rating: Excellent
*
130 posts
2 million service accounts come christmas.
____________________________
Peregrine Falcon
Rendezvous Zone LS
Mrd/Con/BS/GS/Min
#5 May 26 2013 at 3:51 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
A lot of the above, but also:

I want the combat to be fun. That's what I'll be doing most of the time, I gather.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#6 May 26 2013 at 3:52 PM Rating: Excellent
**
793 posts
benjjjamin wrote:
2 million service accounts come christmas.


What this guy said. If this game is a success, all other good things will follow (including a bigger community, which has a higher chance to attract good people, more content, etc.).
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#7 May 26 2013 at 4:06 PM Rating: Excellent
**
327 posts
I want to see the inside of Ishgard. Smiley: nod Not sure if that was ever implemented in 1.0 .
And most of what has already been mentioned here. I also hope they add a few surprises to the game at launch that they don't reveal before release.
____________________________



#8 May 26 2013 at 4:10 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
818 posts
marsupialboy wrote:
I want to see the inside of Ishgard. Smiley: nod Not sure if that was ever implemented in 1.0 .
And most of what has already been mentioned here. I also hope they add a few surprises to the game at launch that they don't reveal before release.


Yea in 1.0 it was just this awesome thing in the distance that I believe you could only get to by glitching the game out, walking across air, and arriving near the front door. But even then nobody was home :(


....how lifeless 1.0 was *le sigh
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#9 May 26 2013 at 4:18 PM Rating: Excellent
**
327 posts
electromagnet83 wrote:
marsupialboy wrote:
I want to see the inside of Ishgard. Smiley: nod Not sure if that was ever implemented in 1.0 .
And most of what has already been mentioned here. I also hope they add a few surprises to the game at launch that they don't reveal before release.


Yea in 1.0 it was just this awesome thing in the distance that I believe you could only get to by glitching the game out, walking across air, and arriving near the front door. But even then nobody was home :(


....how lifeless 1.0 was *le sigh


I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that this is where the 1.0 characters will start off when we first log in with our characters in 2.0.
____________________________



#10 May 26 2013 at 4:24 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
818 posts
marsupialboy wrote:
electromagnet83 wrote:
marsupialboy wrote:
I want to see the inside of Ishgard. Smiley: nod Not sure if that was ever implemented in 1.0 .
And most of what has already been mentioned here. I also hope they add a few surprises to the game at launch that they don't reveal before release.


Yea in 1.0 it was just this awesome thing in the distance that I believe you could only get to by glitching the game out, walking across air, and arriving near the front door. But even then nobody was home :(


....how lifeless 1.0 was *le sigh


I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that this is where the 1.0 characters will start off when we first log in with our characters in 2.0.


I'm confused by that statement. We will start in Ishgard?
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#11 May 26 2013 at 4:31 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,033 posts
A ton of different classes.
#12 May 26 2013 at 5:07 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Ishgard won't be in at launch. Neither will Crystal Tower. They will come in patches afterward.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#13 May 26 2013 at 5:10 PM Rating: Decent
**
327 posts
electromagnet83 wrote:
marsupialboy wrote:
electromagnet83 wrote:
marsupialboy wrote:
I want to see the inside of Ishgard. Smiley: nod Not sure if that was ever implemented in 1.0 .
And most of what has already been mentioned here. I also hope they add a few surprises to the game at launch that they don't reveal before release.


Yea in 1.0 it was just this awesome thing in the distance that I believe you could only get to by glitching the game out, walking across air, and arriving near the front door. But even then nobody was home :(


....how lifeless 1.0 was *le sigh


I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that this is where the 1.0 characters will start off when we first log in with our characters in 2.0.


I'm confused by that statement. We will start in Ishgard?


They have stated that 1.0 characters will start off somewhere different than new characters. So we won't be starting in 1 of the 3 main cities, but they haven't said where that will be as of yet. I'm just predicting that Ishgard is where we will start off on our imported characters providing Ishgard survived the transition to ARR. Just a guess on my part.
____________________________



#14 May 26 2013 at 5:11 PM Rating: Excellent
**
327 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Ishgard won't be in at launch. Neither will Crystal Tower. They will come in patches afterward.


Ahhh... hadn't heard that info yet.
____________________________



#15 May 26 2013 at 5:15 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
818 posts
marsupialboy wrote:
electromagnet83 wrote:
marsupialboy wrote:
electromagnet83 wrote:
marsupialboy wrote:
I want to see the inside of Ishgard. Smiley: nod Not sure if that was ever implemented in 1.0 .
And most of what has already been mentioned here. I also hope they add a few surprises to the game at launch that they don't reveal before release.


Yea in 1.0 it was just this awesome thing in the distance that I believe you could only get to by glitching the game out, walking across air, and arriving near the front door. But even then nobody was home :(


....how lifeless 1.0 was *le sigh


I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that this is where the 1.0 characters will start off when we first log in with our characters in 2.0.


I'm confused by that statement. We will start in Ishgard?


They have stated that 1.0 characters will start off somewhere different than new characters. So we won't be starting in 1 of the 3 main cities, but they haven't said where that will be as of yet. I'm just predicting that Ishgard is where we will start off on our imported characters providing Ishgard survived the transition to ARR. Just a guess on my part.


Isn't ishgard going to be an instanced tower? Or is it a town?
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#16 May 26 2013 at 5:22 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
374 posts
electromagnet83 wrote:
Since there is a little lull in the flow of information which will last presumably until E3, I wanted to start a wishlist thread. This is not a bashing thread or a "what I DONT want" thread. It is a thread devoted to each of use making a Holiday Wish list so-to-speak. What would I like to see?

1.) Golden Saucer being really technologically advanced, contrasting pretty hard with the "simple life" of the areas we've seen so far. I want it to be grand and spectacular.

2.) To add to that, I would love to see a card game implemented like tetra master or triple triad. Maybe for the sake of control they can limit actual card play to the Golden Saucer "tournaments".

3.) As I've mentioned many times I would love to see slow travel options. Airship, boat, and TRAINS. I would love to see the train function like the Chocobo porter where once the ticket is bought we actually ride the train from point A to point B while able to look out the window and see adventurers grinding away at their levels.

4.) I wish for a solid, helpful, and friendly community of players.

5.) I hope the boss battles are epic

6.) I hope the storyline is well written and fun to actually watch.

What do you guys want?


I hope no one, and I mean NO ONE refers to my/their/ or anyone else's character as a "Toon."
#17 May 26 2013 at 5:35 PM Rating: Excellent
*
108 posts
I want both solo and party play to be challenging.

I want thief.

Global cooldowns scare me, I hope they are implemented well if they must happen.
____________________________


#18 May 26 2013 at 5:49 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
660 posts
I just want another engaging world to explore and conquer. I'm in a long-distance relationship, and my closest friends are scattered all over the globe. This will be the only way we can all be together. As long as we have plenty of things to do, plenty of opportunities to make lasting memories, I'll be happy.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#19 May 26 2013 at 5:53 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
374 posts
klooste8 wrote:
I want both solo and party play to be challenging.

I want thief.

Global cooldowns scare me, I hope they are implemented well if they must happen.


Do you have any examples/theories as to why these would be a bad thing? I've only ever extensively played XI, so while familiar with a skill specific cool down system (as was explained to me earlier) I am unaware as to how a GCD might affect gameplay.

Quote:
I just want another engaging world to explore and conquer. I'm in a long-distance relationship, and my closest friends are scattered all over the globe. This will be the only way we can all be together. As long as we have plenty of things to do, plenty of opportunities to make lasting memories, I'll be happy.


Now that is something I think we can all agree with Smiley: smile

Edited, May 26th 2013 7:54pm by je355804
#20 May 26 2013 at 5:57 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
818 posts
GCD kinda sucks because it forces you to spam the most powerful skill. I mean, if we have to wait the same time to use any of them why use anything less? ICD would be better. While waiting for one to refresh you can use the other 5.
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#21 May 26 2013 at 6:16 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
je355804 wrote:
klooste8 wrote:
I want both solo and party play to be challenging.

I want thief.

Global cooldowns scare me, I hope they are implemented well if they must happen.


Do you have any examples/theories as to why these would be a bad thing? I've only ever extensively played XI, so while familiar with a skill specific cool down system (as was explained to me earlier) I am unaware as to how a GCD might affect gameplay.

Quote:
I just want another engaging world to explore and conquer. I'm in a long-distance relationship, and my closest friends are scattered all over the globe. This will be the only way we can all be together. As long as we have plenty of things to do, plenty of opportunities to make lasting memories, I'll be happy.


Now that is something I think we can all agree with Smiley: smile

Edited, May 26th 2013 7:54pm by je355804


Generally speaking, implementing a GCD is saying, "We're going for strategic gameplay." You can't use abilities quickly and consecutively, which means they've taken reflex-based skill out of the game for the most part. That's not inherently bad if you can back it up with genuinely strategic skill, but most likely you're going to end up with a single move that is spammed over and over, or at times, have rotations that you use frequently. In better examples, you need to use a specific strategy against a certain type of opponent, but most often even that becomes easy to figure out, and it once again becomes rinse and repeat gameplay.

Strategic gameplay requires the game to throw surprises at you--enemies with complimentary strengths and weaknesses partnering up, etc. Complex problems that require analysis to overcome.

Hate to say it, but that's really just unlikely. Combat will probably suffer from the same identity crisis as most MMOs--not requiring much of any particular kind of skill, so not being particularly challenging, so become boring rather quickly.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#22 May 26 2013 at 6:47 PM Rating: Good
**
327 posts
electromagnet83 wrote:
GCD kinda sucks because it forces you to spam the most powerful skill. I mean, if we have to wait the same time to use any of them why use anything less? ICD would be better. While waiting for one to refresh you can use the other 5.


I think (not 100% sure) TP cost and TP refresh rates might prevent spamming just the most powerful skill.
Another thing to add to the OP topic...I hope the PVP they have planned is fun, fair, and balanced. I never got into PVP in other games, aside from being ganked a lot in Aion. Every other game I've played that had PVP, I've always played on PVE servers.
Also some sort of storage system in the housing that will allow me to retrieve gear for a specific job all at once, instead of scrolling through a long list and picking each piece individually. Like a mannequin that you click on and select "retrieve all gear" or something like that.
____________________________



#23 May 26 2013 at 6:55 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
514 posts
Jetpacks! >=O

Some in depth fishing mechanics would be nice too I suppose (>©_©)>
____________________________
DemonAdrastos of Titan(Retired)
PLD83, THF79, NIN85, WAR45, RDM45, SMN31, DRK37, DRG25
Windurst 10, Promathia COMPLETE, Zilart COMPLETE, ToAU 20

Paladin ~ Deimos Adrastos of Behemoth
#24 May 26 2013 at 7:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
LebargeX wrote:
I think you both covered all the stuff I want too. The only thing I would add would be mounted battle. Someone mentioned it in another thread too.


This is coming actually, not sure if at launch or not.

electromagnet83 wrote:
GCD kinda sucks because it forces you to spam the most powerful skill. I mean, if we have to wait the same time to use any of them why use anything less? ICD would be better. While waiting for one to refresh you can use the other 5.


Why wouldn't you use combos? They're there for a reason...
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#25 May 26 2013 at 7:48 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
818 posts
Wint wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
I think you both covered all the stuff I want too. The only thing I would add would be mounted battle. Someone mentioned it in another thread too.


This is coming actually, not sure if at launch or not.

electromagnet83 wrote:
GCD kinda sucks because it forces you to spam the most powerful skill. I mean, if we have to wait the same time to use any of them why use anything less? ICD would be better. While waiting for one to refresh you can use the other 5.


Why wouldn't you use combos? They're there for a reason...


I guess I only knew combos existed in 1.0
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#26 May 26 2013 at 7:56 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
818 posts
add DirectX 11 to my wishlist
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#27 May 26 2013 at 7:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
electromagnet83 wrote:
add DirectX 11 to my wishlist


Planned for 6 months after launch.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#28 May 26 2013 at 7:59 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
66 posts
1. More solo content for when your buds are not on

2. I like the golden saucer idea but I don't want it advanced as stated earlier I would like to see something like a giant airship that rotated between cities. Like the old gambling ships going down the Miss.

3 I'm very interested in the sieges like in XI "never did one" or world vs world that sounded cool.

4. I'd like to see something like a PvP with monsters, I can't remember what RPG I played once but it did something like that were you would summon monsters to fight in an arena.
#29 May 26 2013 at 8:07 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
818 posts
Wint wrote:
electromagnet83 wrote:
add DirectX 11 to my wishlist


Planned for 6 months after launch.


Wishes CAN come true!
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#30 May 26 2013 at 8:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
374 posts
Kachi wrote:


Generally speaking, implementing a GCD is saying, "We're going for strategic gameplay." You can't use abilities quickly and consecutively, which means they've taken reflex-based skill out of the game for the most part. That's not inherently bad if you can back it up with genuinely strategic skill, but most likely you're going to end up with a single move that is spammed over and over, or at times, have rotations that you use frequently. In better examples, you need to use a specific strategy against a certain type of opponent, but most often even that becomes easy to figure out, and it once again becomes rinse and repeat gameplay.

Strategic gameplay requires the game to throw surprises at you--enemies with complimentary strengths and weaknesses partnering up, etc. Complex problems that require analysis to overcome.

Hate to say it, but that's really just unlikely. Combat will probably suffer from the same identity crisis as most MMOs--not requiring much of any particular kind of skill, so not being particularly challenging, so become boring rather quickly.


Thank you for the explanation. For all of our sake, I hope it doesn't turn into a tap 1-button battle system. With that said, if the game content beyond the battle system is interesting I don't think it will matter. We play MMOs (at least for the most part) for the immersive experience. We all know they don't have the most innovative battle experience that exists. There is only so much reinventing of the wheel you can do before you change the entire dichotomy of the MMO experience. If they are able to include content which is engaging, repeatedly interesting, and most importantly fun to play, then an average MMO battle system will be just fine.
#31 May 26 2013 at 9:07 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
530 posts
Strategic encounters in group settings. Hopefully use of CC of some kind, or auxiliary roles to support healers, tanks, etc. I don't want it to turn into a run in, kill mob.
____________________________
i'm not saying, i'm just saying
_________________________
Babu Voyvoda - Hyur Midlander
White Mage
#32 May 26 2013 at 9:55 PM Rating: Excellent
*
98 posts
I never played XIV so I had no idea if it was in there to begin with, though I would like mini games that we could play if we're not out leveling or crafting~
#33 May 26 2013 at 11:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
je355804 wrote:
Kachi wrote:


Generally speaking, implementing a GCD is saying, "We're going for strategic gameplay." You can't use abilities quickly and consecutively, which means they've taken reflex-based skill out of the game for the most part. That's not inherently bad if you can back it up with genuinely strategic skill, but most likely you're going to end up with a single move that is spammed over and over, or at times, have rotations that you use frequently. In better examples, you need to use a specific strategy against a certain type of opponent, but most often even that becomes easy to figure out, and it once again becomes rinse and repeat gameplay.

Strategic gameplay requires the game to throw surprises at you--enemies with complimentary strengths and weaknesses partnering up, etc. Complex problems that require analysis to overcome.

Hate to say it, but that's really just unlikely. Combat will probably suffer from the same identity crisis as most MMOs--not requiring much of any particular kind of skill, so not being particularly challenging, so become boring rather quickly.


Thank you for the explanation. For all of our sake, I hope it doesn't turn into a tap 1-button battle system. With that said, if the game content beyond the battle system is interesting I don't think it will matter. We play MMOs (at least for the most part) for the immersive experience. We all know they don't have the most innovative battle experience that exists. There is only so much reinventing of the wheel you can do before you change the entire dichotomy of the MMO experience. If they are able to include content which is engaging, repeatedly interesting, and most importantly fun to play, then an average MMO battle system will be just fine.


While history has proven that you can churn out a carbon copy, boring MMO and people will still play it for at least a little while, I think that given that combat is the vast majority of the play experience, a reinvention of the MMO experience is more than welcome. So while it might not make the game an abysmal failure, I don't expect it to be spectacular or especially successful.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#34 May 27 2013 at 4:30 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
611 posts
To expand on an earlier post in this thread...

6. Auction House?

If anyone could fill me on on how the in-game economy is planned to function that would be much appreciated. If I recall, 1.0 never had an AH? Cheers.
____________________________
FFXI Ronyn RDM 75 (R.I.P.) -Fairy / BarretJax 95 MNK (Non-Active) - Asura
Ronin Olorin / Ronyn Oloryn (Active) - Ultros Server

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence." - Max Ehrmann
#35 May 27 2013 at 6:27 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
818 posts
chomama wrote:
To expand on an earlier post in this thread...

6. Auction House?

If anyone could fill me on on how the in-game economy is planned to function that would be much appreciated. If I recall, 1.0 never had an AH? Cheers.


According to Yoshi no AH. There will be a board that you click to search through items for sale where prices are ultimately dictated by what people are willing to pay...so basically an auction house lol
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#36 May 27 2013 at 6:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
electromagnet83 wrote:
chomama wrote:
To expand on an earlier post in this thread...

6. Auction House?

If anyone could fill me on on how the in-game economy is planned to function that would be much appreciated. If I recall, 1.0 never had an AH? Cheers.


According to Yoshi no AH. There will be a board that you click to search through items for sale where prices are ultimately dictated by what people are willing to pay...so basically an auction house lol


According to Yoshi, there will be an AH...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/58180-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-IV-Q-A-Summary?highlight=Auction

Quote:
A: Basically we will be totally re-making retainers and the market system from scratch.
We’ll be adding all the Auction House features people are asking for, and make it so that only your own retainer and those you want to appear are displayed in the market wards. It’s a bit difficult to explain. It’d be better to have our players try it for themselves in the Beta, the same time we run server stress tests.

We will also be fixing the system so that you can search for materia-enhanced items, and tell whether or not an item is HQ. In the Beta, we’d like to see how much stress the search feature can take, so please search away.


Edited, May 27th 2013 7:47pm by Wint
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#37 May 27 2013 at 6:59 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
818 posts
Wint wrote:
electromagnet83 wrote:
chomama wrote:
To expand on an earlier post in this thread...

6. Auction House?

If anyone could fill me on on how the in-game economy is planned to function that would be much appreciated. If I recall, 1.0 never had an AH? Cheers.


According to Yoshi no AH. There will be a board that you click to search through items for sale where prices are ultimately dictated by what people are willing to pay...so basically an auction house lol


According to Yoshi, there will be an AH...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/58180-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-IV-Q-A-Summary?highlight=Auction

Quote:
A: Basically we will be totally re-making retainers and the market system from scratch.
We’ll be adding all the Auction House features people are asking for, and make it so that only your own retainer and those you want to appear are displayed in the market wards. It’s a bit difficult to explain. It’d be better to have our players try it for themselves in the Beta, the same time we run server stress tests.

We will also be fixing the system so that you can search for materia-enhanced items, and tell whether or not an item is HQ. In the Beta, we’d like to see how much stress the search feature can take, so please search away.


Edited, May 27th 2013 7:47pm by Wint


You and your logic, research, and knowledge. Pssh
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#38 May 27 2013 at 7:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
611 posts
Wint wrote:
electromagnet83 wrote:
chomama wrote:
To expand on an earlier post in this thread...

6. Auction House?

If anyone could fill me on on how the in-game economy is planned to function that would be much appreciated. If I recall, 1.0 never had an AH? Cheers.


According to Yoshi no AH. There will be a board that you click to search through items for sale where prices are ultimately dictated by what people are willing to pay...so basically an auction house lol


According to Yoshi, there will be an AH...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/58180-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-IV-Q-A-Summary?highlight=Auction

Quote:
A: Basically we will be totally re-making retainers and the market system from scratch.
We’ll be adding all the Auction House features people are asking for, and make it so that only your own retainer and those you want to appear are displayed in the market wards. It’s a bit difficult to explain. It’d be better to have our players try it for themselves in the Beta, the same time we run server stress tests.

We will also be fixing the system so that you can search for materia-enhanced items, and tell whether or not an item is HQ. In the Beta, we’d like to see how much stress the search feature can take, so please search away.


Edited, May 27th 2013 7:47pm by Wint


Thanks for posting that link Wint. What a great read about the game. Not only was my question answered but I discovered some potentially rad concepts I was unaware of as well. Gratitude Boss, and Electro as well. Smiley: smile
____________________________
FFXI Ronyn RDM 75 (R.I.P.) -Fairy / BarretJax 95 MNK (Non-Active) - Asura
Ronin Olorin / Ronyn Oloryn (Active) - Ultros Server

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence." - Max Ehrmann
#39 May 27 2013 at 7:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
You can check out the entire forum, those are all of the Letter from the Producers.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#40 May 28 2013 at 8:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
818 posts
Monster diversity.

I do NOT want to see a level 75 marmot that will kill my level 50 character I decide to aggro it. Marmots and such should be level 1-15 tops.
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#41 May 28 2013 at 9:03 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Actual Open World events.

The biggest flaw in 1.0, IMO was that it was a beautiful LIFELESS world. When they added Imperial Attacks and Atomos attacks on camps, it was some of the most fun I had, because there was lively events happening! It didn't matter that there was enormous lag and that I couldn't see my character half the time!

The last 2-3 months of 1.0 gave me the most hope for the future of 14. The events that they pushed out and said "F*ck it, we know the engine can't handle this but we want to do it anyway" showed the possibilities and ideas the devs have for ARR.
____________________________


#42 May 28 2013 at 9:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Louiscool wrote:
Actual Open World events.

The biggest flaw in 1.0, IMO was that it was a beautiful LIFELESS world. When they added Imperial Attacks and Atomos attacks on camps, it was some of the most fun I had, because there was lively events happening! It didn't matter that there was enormous lag and that I couldn't see my character half the time!

The last 2-3 months of 1.0 gave me the most hope for the future of 14. The events that they pushed out and said "F*ck it, we know the engine can't handle this but we want to do it anyway" showed the possibilities and ideas the devs have for ARR.


FATEs or something else? One of the first FATEs I participated in was an army of Opo-opos invading Hrystmill, it was a lot of fun Smiley: smile
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#43 May 28 2013 at 9:11 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Wint wrote:
Louiscool wrote:
Actual Open World events.

The biggest flaw in 1.0, IMO was that it was a beautiful LIFELESS world. When they added Imperial Attacks and Atomos attacks on camps, it was some of the most fun I had, because there was lively events happening! It didn't matter that there was enormous lag and that I couldn't see my character half the time!

The last 2-3 months of 1.0 gave me the most hope for the future of 14. The events that they pushed out and said "F*ck it, we know the engine can't handle this but we want to do it anyway" showed the possibilities and ideas the devs have for ARR.


FATEs or something else? One of the first FATEs I participated in was an army of Opo-opos invading Hrystmill, it was a lot of fun Smiley: smile


No, definitely the FATEs. I wish there were some FATEs in Gridania so I could talk more about them. Regardless, I'm looking forward to all the various FATEs they can dream up.
____________________________


#44 May 28 2013 at 9:17 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Louiscool wrote:
Wint wrote:
Louiscool wrote:
Actual Open World events.

The biggest flaw in 1.0, IMO was that it was a beautiful LIFELESS world. When they added Imperial Attacks and Atomos attacks on camps, it was some of the most fun I had, because there was lively events happening! It didn't matter that there was enormous lag and that I couldn't see my character half the time!

The last 2-3 months of 1.0 gave me the most hope for the future of 14. The events that they pushed out and said "F*ck it, we know the engine can't handle this but we want to do it anyway" showed the possibilities and ideas the devs have for ARR.


FATEs or something else? One of the first FATEs I participated in was an army of Opo-opos invading Hrystmill, it was a lot of fun Smiley: smile


No, definitely the FATEs. I wish there were some FATEs in Gridania so I could talk more about them. Regardless, I'm looking forward to all the various FATEs they can dream up.


Ah OK, thanks for observing the NDA Smiley: thumbsup Didn't mean to tempt you there Smiley: laugh
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#45 May 28 2013 at 9:19 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,898 posts
Things I want to see:

1. Lots of different endgame content with horizontal gear progression

2. Open-world NMs (if it's just FATEs, so be it)

3. Airship battles

4. Mounted combat

5. Thief class

6. Interesting holiday events that don't revolve around ringing a bell

7. Open-world experience parties

8. Epic, HNM-style boss battles (don't need to be open world, wouldn't mind if there were some, even if also instanced versions)
#46 May 28 2013 at 9:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Quote:
6. Interesting holiday events that don't revolve around ringing a bell


Would you like to chase a floating eye and emoting at it for a swimsuit!?
____________________________


#47 May 28 2013 at 9:41 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,898 posts
Louiscool wrote:
Quote:
6. Interesting holiday events that don't revolve around ringing a bell


Would you like to chase a floating eye and emoting at it for a swimsuit!?


Nope!
#48 May 28 2013 at 3:08 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
Louiscool wrote:
Quote:
6. Interesting holiday events that don't revolve around ringing a bell


Would you like to chase a floating eye and emoting at it for a swimsuit!?


YEP!

lol
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#49 May 28 2013 at 6:01 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
818 posts
I would like to see live events like the Matrix Online used to do (and I"m sure others did as well). All of a sudden Morpheus would contact your party/guild and ask to meet up. That kinda stuff would be awesome.
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#50 May 28 2013 at 7:45 PM Rating: Excellent
BartelX wrote:
Things I want to see:

1. Lots of different endgame content with horizontal gear progression

2. Open-world NMs (if it's just FATEs, so be it)

3. Airship battles

4. Mounted combat

5. Thief class

6. Interesting holiday events that don't revolve around ringing a bell

7. Open-world experience parties

8. Epic, HNM-style boss battles (don't need to be open world, wouldn't mind if there were some, even if also instanced versions)


All these, particularly 3 and 4. I want boarding parties and chocobo cavalry charges!

I would love to see 2 as well. In XI I loved just running into an NM and frantically trying to get backup from your LS. Me and a friend randomly ran into Charbydis once and held him long enough for backup to get there and get an LSmate his Joyeuse Smiley: grin
#51 May 28 2013 at 7:54 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,898 posts
One of my favorite experiences in FFXI was when I camped Kreutzet for my Sirocco Kukri. After waiting approximately 9 hours without a pop, wind weather finally showed up and he spawned.

"Kreutzet pop! Need help ASAP!"

The only problem was, there were only 5 people on my LS at the time, and I think all but 1 were busy, and that 1 was at least a 20 minute trip away. So I did the only thing a solo thf could do... I solo'd, and I kited, and I solo'd some more.

Somehow, after close to an hour of near death, bloody bolt spam, running from triple stormwinds, etc, I was able to beat him. To this day I don't know how I did it. I know for a fact I zoned him once and was incredibly lucky that he didn't despawn on me.

By the time the hour was up, about 4 people from the LS had logged on and come to watch. I asked them not to help unless I was clearly going to die, and even then to only claim it and raise me so I could finish my task. I never died, I never needed the assistance, and I got my prize. It was one of those moments in gaming where you just put your controller down (playing on PS2 at the time with no windower, plugins, etc) and smile. It was truly an amazing feeling. I hope to be able to achieve that again in ARR.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 59 All times are in CST
Seriha, Anonymous Guests (58)