Sorry to bump up an old topic, but I have had a related question and decided to make an account so I can ask in this thread (rather than create a whole new thread).
I played 1.0 and did mostly crafting (I have BOT, CPT, WVR and TAN in the mid 20s). For ARR, I have decided to use this character only for crafting and gathering and create a new main for the combat classes. I did very little of any storyline on my 1.0 character.
1) For the DoH/DoL character, will I be forced to do any story lines or can I just run around everywhere in the world and gather/craft anything I need?
2) Is it possible that I will be locked out of areas and not be able to gather certain materials?
3) I know as of the most recent Letter from the Producer it seems they are making it tough on people with alts on the same account/server to trade/transfer items. Do you guys believe this will be a long term problem? I feel that it is a very poor decision to not allow my two characters to share a retainer/mail items etc. If its really a matter of not wanting people to rotate AF gear, I am sure there is a simple solution. Maybe just only allow the person who put it in storage to take it out.
Thanks for any info!
You should have started a new thread instead of bumping an old topic, but it's too late for that now.
1) You can run around on all the non-instanced maps fine.
2) All of the current harvesting nodes are on non-instanced maps.
3) One character gets:
- 100 inventory slots
- 175 per retainer and up to 2 retainers per character
- 25 slots per equipment slot in the form of the armory chest (so 25 slots for head items, 25 slots for chest items, 25 slots for rings (even though there are two equippable ring slots), 25 slots for necklaces, and so on)
- 7 or 8 (don't remember which) slots for the job crystals
- an unknown (to me) amount of slots for selling on top of that.
Even if you are absolutely horrid at inventory management, it will take you a while to fill up all of those slots.