Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Info on Disciples of the Hand and Land Released 5/31/2013Follow

#1 May 31 2013 at 10:23 AM Rating: Excellent
**
329 posts
Small update today on the official FFXIV site. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/game/armoury/land/fisher not really much but it's something.
"The relatively recent birth of firearms has created an entirely new area of expertise which is being adopted with fervor by many ambitious smiths."

Edited, May 31st 2013 12:24pm by marsupialboy

Edited, May 31st 2013 12:28pm by marsupialboy
____________________________


[ffxivsig]1793378[/ffxivsig]
#2 May 31 2013 at 11:00 AM Rating: Excellent
Love the fisher's high action pose
#3 May 31 2013 at 11:16 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
Smiley: lol

I've never been big on crafting in any MMO I've played, but I was an avid fisherman in XI. I'll definitely be picking up the rod again (that's what she said).
#4 May 31 2013 at 11:18 AM Rating: Excellent
*
98 posts
If that stache comes with the Armorer job, I'm in. . . *_*
#5 May 31 2013 at 11:51 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,779 posts
Oh wow, I love the grin on that miner. He must be looking up at one of the high-stages at the Miner's guild.
#6 May 31 2013 at 11:58 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
340 posts
Gonna be a Miner just cuz of the Guild location and "Headquarter"
____________________________
Pryssant Novio - Ultros Server.
<Chocobo> <cooking>? <Yes, please>!
HOOYA!!!!
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=97
#7 May 31 2013 at 11:59 AM Rating: Excellent
The armorer looks like a lalafell Ron Swanson from Parks and Rec

#8 May 31 2013 at 12:02 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
The armorer looks like a lalafell Ron Swanson from Parks and Rec



“Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.”
#9 May 31 2013 at 12:05 PM Rating: Excellent
BrokenFox wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
The armorer looks like a lalafell Ron Swanson from Parks and Rec



“Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.”


One of the best TV characters ever Smiley: nod
#10 May 31 2013 at 12:33 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,313 posts
Fishing will definitely be the craft I pick up at some point. I loved fishing in FFXI pre-mingame update. I liked how peaceful it was. I could go somewhere and just enjoy the music. After the update though, that music would cut in and sort of take me out of that mindset. It was still fun, but I wish they'd keep it the way it was originally.

On a side note, do you guys remember how much money you could making mining in Zeruhn in the first year or so?

Edited, May 31st 2013 2:36pm by Transmigration
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#11 May 31 2013 at 12:34 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,313 posts
BrokenFox wrote:
Smiley: lol

I've never been big on crafting in any MMO I've played, but I was an avid fisherman in XI. I'll definitely be picking up the rod again (that's what she said).


Haha, I scholared you! Grats Fox
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#12 May 31 2013 at 12:48 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,102 posts
People are going nuts over a line in the blacksmith description.
Quote:
The relatively recent birth of firearms has created an entirely new area of expertise which is being adopted with fervor by many ambitious smiths.


Everyone thinks they're gonna announce Buccaneer/Corsair/musketeers now. We'll see lol
____________________________
------------------
#13 May 31 2013 at 12:50 PM Rating: Good
***
1,313 posts
Ryklin the Malevolent wrote:
People are going nuts over a line in the blacksmith description.
Quote:
The relatively recent birth of firearms has created an entirely new area of expertise which is being adopted with fervor by many ambitious smiths.


Everyone thinks they're gonna announce Buccaneer/Corsair/musketeers now. We'll see lol


Ooooh nice observation.
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#14 May 31 2013 at 12:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
That would be awesome, but does that mean they're also considering a gunsmith class as well...?
#15 May 31 2013 at 1:08 PM Rating: Good
***
1,313 posts
Ravashack wrote:
That would be awesome, but does that mean they're also considering a gunsmith class as well...?


That would be kinda awesome.
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#16 May 31 2013 at 1:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
That will be reasonable but they could put the gun crafting in the blacksmiths job as well.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#17 May 31 2013 at 3:19 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
BrokenFox wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
The armorer looks like a lalafell Ron Swanson from Parks and Rec



“Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.”


One of the best TV characters ever Smiley: nod


"Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Wait … wait.

I worry what you just heard was: Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.

What I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Do you understand?"
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#18 May 31 2013 at 4:02 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Is it just me or does it seem like everyone on that page has AF? I thought only the jobs had AF, not the classes.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#19 May 31 2013 at 4:06 PM Rating: Excellent
*
98 posts
What's AF? Õ.o
#20 May 31 2013 at 4:11 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Artifact Armor. Sorry, AF was always the XI acronym.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#21 May 31 2013 at 4:18 PM Rating: Excellent
*
98 posts
Ohh..wow. I can't believe that went completely over my head. I was under the impression that DoL and DoH classes had AF from the Tour of Eorza Part 2 video at 5:42.
#22 May 31 2013 at 5:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
"Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Wait … wait.

I worry what you just heard was: Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.

What I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Do you understand?"


"And I'll have the number eight."
"That's a party platter, it serves twelve people."
"I know what I'm about, son."

Edited, May 31st 2013 4:27pm by SkinwalkerAsura
#23 May 31 2013 at 5:35 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,899 posts
Relevant: "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga... except I still get to kill something."

Edited, May 31st 2013 7:35pm by BartelX
#24 May 31 2013 at 7:32 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
660 posts
That Goldsmithing AF looks really spiffy. I already planned on getting it to max level. More incentive now.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#25 May 31 2013 at 7:43 PM Rating: Excellent
*
98 posts
Atkascha wrote:
That Goldsmithing AF looks really spiffy. I already planned on getting it to max level. More incentive now.

You're going gold smith..? Nuuuu! I wanted to make fabulous jewelry too,, Dx
#26 May 31 2013 at 7:46 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
660 posts
Lady Aekotie wrote:
Atkascha wrote:
That Goldsmithing AF looks really spiffy. I already planned on getting it to max level. More incentive now.

You're going gold smith..? Nuuuu! I wanted to make fabulous jewelry too,, Dx


I plan on going after all of the DoL/DoH classes, you know. I'll still accept your gifts!
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 72 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (72)