I stopped playing 1.0 a few months after release. Up until about a week ago, I haven't kept up with any happenings or news about A Realm Reborn. Recently, I started paying attention again and I'm getting excited. However, there are a few things I've seen on forums that I can't find additional information about. I'm hoping y'all could provide some insight or point me in the right direction so I can do some more research.
1. I've read that experience parties are becoming largely obsolete and that quests, dungeons and FATEs will be the primary leveling methods for DoW/DoM. Is this the case? Can I duo/trio with a couple friends for decent gains?
2. Some of the early dungeon content is build for four man parties. Can we enter with less or does every spot have to be filled?
3. There's some information out there about jobs not needing to be leveled in the traditional sense. For example, if I level Gladiator and then complete the Paladin job quest, my Paladin will match the level of my Gladiator. I've read that I'll still need to quest for abilities and skills, but leveling is no longer required. Is that accurate? Can anyone elaborate? it's such a foreign concept to me.
4. I've seen several mentions about a Token and/or Need system when it comes to drops. The only experience I have with MMOs is FFXI up to ToAU. Can anyone explain what these systems are about?
5. I also saw something about spirit binding for equipment. Has this been confirmed to be in A Realm Reborn?
I appreciate all of your assistance in advance. I'm really looking forward to A Realm Reborn, but I'm very ignorant about MMO accepted practices outside of my time with FFXI. I'm just trying to find out more about what's coming up.
In addition, is it known yet whether this game will be solo/small group friendly? I'm thinking no more than 3 or 4 of us on a regular basis. I saw the video regarding Content Finder and it looks great. I'm just wondering whether or not we always have to have a full party to complete things or if we can low man stuff like dungeons.
If there is anything else about the game you think I should pay attention to, please let me know. Again, thank you for all your help.