Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Square Enix: next Deus Ex game is mobileFollow

#1 Jun 05 2013 at 5:41 PM Rating: Sub-Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
Not really relevant, but how do you feel about Square Enix bringing Deus Ex to mobiles?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/05/deus-ex-the-fall-is-a-mobile-game

I was a little bit disappointed. I'm not anti-mobile gaming but I also don't like these cell phone/tablet release cash-in titles. It clearly makes tons of money, but I think relentless bad mobile releases really killed the Final Fantasy franchise for me.
#2 Jun 05 2013 at 5:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
@rofldrg of GamerEscape summed up my feelings about it rather well this morning on Twitter:

Quote:
All it would take is for SE to make a solid Tetra Master app, with little to no pay to win BS and i'll shut up about their mobile stuff.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#3 Jun 05 2013 at 5:53 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
199 posts
I don't see how that's going to turn out well for anyone who like Deus Ex for what it is. :( Maybe casual people will like it, but I don't really see them caring about Deus Ex.
____________________________
PS3 - Lil_Mermaid_Girl
#4 Jun 05 2013 at 5:59 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
Wint wrote:
@rofldrg of GamerEscape summed up my feelings about it rather well this morning on Twitter:

Quote:
All it would take is for SE to make a solid Tetra Master app, with little to no pay to win BS and i'll shut up about their mobile stuff.


I am sure that will happen eventually, but it wouldn't make me forgive SE for anything. I mean, I love the Nintendo DS version of Final Fantasy IV, and the iOS port is supposedly great, but one competent port doesn't make up for All The Bravest, etc.

In my opinion - teasing at a new Deus Ex title, building up, and then announcing a cheap mobile downgrade of Human Revolution is... sleazy.

It seems like the symbolic swapping of Square Enix's CEO won't be changing squat.

Edited, Jun 5th 2013 8:00pm by Killua125
#5 Jun 05 2013 at 6:24 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,898 posts
Killua125 wrote:
Wint wrote:
@rofldrg of GamerEscape summed up my feelings about it rather well this morning on Twitter:

Quote:
All it would take is for SE to make a solid Tetra Master app, with little to no pay to win BS and i'll shut up about their mobile stuff.


I am sure that will happen eventually, but it wouldn't make me forgive SE for anything. I mean, I love the Nintendo DS version of Final Fantasy IV, and the iOS port is supposedly great, but one competent port doesn't make up for All The Bravest, etc.

In my opinion - teasing at a new Deus Ex title, building up, and then announcing a cheap mobile downgrade of Human Revolution is... sleazy.

It seems like the symbolic swapping of Square Enix's CEO won't be changing squat.

Edited, Jun 5th 2013 8:00pm by Killua125


Good grief. Can you stop turning every little thing into the end of the world? Omg, the new CEO is making a Deus Ex mobile game... DOOM DOOM DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Edited, Jun 5th 2013 8:24pm by BartelX
#6 Jun 05 2013 at 6:31 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
I doubt the new CEO is the reason for the making of this game, I just meant that Square Enix won't be changing its ultra focus on mobile gaming.

You don't have to defend everything that this dying company does, or mock me for being disappointed. If you followed the chain of events like I did, beginning with subtle hints, teasing, to confirmed Deus Ex game, to "It's a cell phone game!" you'd realize why I am disappointed (and I'm getting the impression that it's not just me... the official YouTube video got 8,500 dislikes in a few hours, before the view count can even update) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1b8k469DbY

Edited, Jun 5th 2013 8:32pm by Killua125
#7 Jun 05 2013 at 6:32 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
660 posts
I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed that this game wasn't going to be on an actual platform. If it makes money for them, fine by me. This is better than a micromanaged re-re-remake of some obscure FF title that I don't care about at all. Just accept that you are not the target audience here and move on, OP. Being angry isn't going to magically create a version of the game that only works for your PS3.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#8 Jun 05 2013 at 7:22 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Killua125 wrote:
I doubt the new CEO is the reason for the making of this game, I just meant that Square Enix won't be changing its ultra focus on mobile gaming.

You don't have to defend everything that this dying company does, or mock me for being disappointed. If you followed the chain of events like I did, beginning with subtle hints, teasing, to confirmed Deus Ex game, to "It's a cell phone game!" you'd realize why I am disappointed (and I'm getting the impression that it's not just me... the official YouTube video got 8,500 dislikes in a few hours, before the view count can even update) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1b8k469DbY

Edited, Jun 5th 2013 8:32pm by Killua125


I'm not defending everything SE does, in fact I'm rather dissatisfied with them. In my eyes, they haven't made a really great Final Fantasy game since FF9. What I'm mocking is your assumption that this one decision by the new CEO means that nothing will ever change. Every time you post, there is no middle ground. It's always this whine-fest about how bad everything is, and I'm just tired of your constant negativity and talking in absolutes. If you had just stopped at your dissapointment with Deus Ex being a mobile game, I'd have agreed with you and left it at that.
#9 Jun 05 2013 at 8:29 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,112 posts
Very disapoint. Big fan of the Deus Ex games (well, 1 and mostly 3 in theory) and was looking forward to the next installment, but as someone who does not partake in this whole mobile gaming thing, I'll miss it.
____________________________
To endanger the soul endangers all,
when the soul is endangered it must become a Warrior.
#10 Jun 05 2013 at 8:37 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
BartelX wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
I doubt the new CEO is the reason for the making of this game, I just meant that Square Enix won't be changing its ultra focus on mobile gaming.

You don't have to defend everything that this dying company does, or mock me for being disappointed. If you followed the chain of events like I did, beginning with subtle hints, teasing, to confirmed Deus Ex game, to "It's a cell phone game!" you'd realize why I am disappointed (and I'm getting the impression that it's not just me... the official YouTube video got 8,500 dislikes in a few hours, before the view count can even update) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1b8k469DbY

Edited, Jun 5th 2013 8:32pm by Killua125


I'm not defending everything SE does, in fact I'm rather dissatisfied with them. In my eyes, they haven't made a really great Final Fantasy game since FF9. What I'm mocking is your assumption that this one decision by the new CEO means that nothing will ever change. Every time you post, there is no middle ground. It's always this whine-fest about how bad everything is, and I'm just tired of your constant negativity and talking in absolutes. If you had just stopped at your dissapointment with Deus Ex being a mobile game, I'd have agreed with you and left it at that.


Maybe you're just misinterpreting my posts?

I say it seems like it won't be changing, because that's the evidence I have to work with! Square Enix has been publishing a string of very disappointing, greedy mobile releases, and really not much of anything with substance or for console & PCs. It's either a crappy cash grab or a port of an old game. So yes, it SEEMS that things are not changing.

I never said they never will, but I can only comment on what's presented to me ...? I'd love to see things change.

Square Enix holds some of my favorite IPs... I'm not sure why in the world you would think I want them to release bad games.

Edited, Jun 5th 2013 10:45pm by Killua125
#11 Jun 05 2013 at 9:03 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Rather than start another stupid *** argument over semantics, I'm just going to add you to my ignore list and move on.
#12 Jun 06 2013 at 3:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
Well i understand why people may not want a mobile port of their favorite games. I actually had a similar discussion in the touch arcade forums for how minecraft pc/xbox version is awesome while the Minecraft pocket edition sucks b..ehm you know what i mean.

The thing is I at least don't buy mobile games for hardcore gaming. I have a lot of games for my i pod touch and i buy them for when i am on trips and don't have my pc or when i am waiting somewhere for friends (>_<) that are usually late. So yea if the game is well ish made for a mobile i don't mind if they make any game. I played final fantasy 1 2 and 3 for ios and i don't know what you think about them but i didn't mind. Were actually fun playing them.

So my opinion is if they do not slow the production or if they do not downgrade their usual pc/ps 3 or w/e releases for the sake of the ios game i really don't care if they make em. And lets not forget...if you do not like them simply don't buy them you are not missing anything.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#13 Jun 06 2013 at 7:23 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
972 posts
Even with the global gaming community at large having a fit over this announcement, if you make one negative remark about anything Square Enix does around here, you'll find yourself in auto-hidden thread, sub-default territory...

I understand now. Even the BartelX's jump to the defense of cash-ins like this, "It's not that bad! You're overreacting!" I hate to use the word fanboy, but I am very close.

Anyway, I'm not annoyed anymore, but hopefully they'll be working on a new console and PC title soon.

Teravibe wrote:
Well i understand why people may not want a mobile port of their favorite games. I actually had a similar discussion in the touch arcade forums for how minecraft pc/xbox version is awesome while the Minecraft pocket edition sucks b..ehm you know what i mean.

The thing is I at least don't buy mobile games for hardcore gaming. I have a lot of games for my i pod touch and i buy them for when i am on trips and don't have my pc or when i am waiting somewhere for friends (>_<) that are usually late. So yea if the game is well ish made for a mobile i don't mind if they make any game. I played final fantasy 1 2 and 3 for ios and i don't know what you think about them but i didn't mind. Were actually fun playing them.

So my opinion is if they do not slow the production or if they do not downgrade their usual pc/ps 3 or w/e releases for the sake of the ios game i really don't care if they make em. And lets not forget...if you do not like them simply don't buy them you are not missing anything.


It's not a port, and it's a story driven series, so it's very different from something like Minecraft just being ported. It's a new entry in the series, and it looks awful.

Err, it might be easier to just imagine it like Final Fantasy 15 being announced for mobiles? Oh God, I'm giving them ideas.

Edited, Jun 6th 2013 9:27am by Killua125
#14 Jun 06 2013 at 7:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
My point still stands killua either if its a port or not if you don't like it don't play it. The mobile gaming industry is becoming larger and larger so its only natural that SE will go that way as well. All major developers are making games for the mobile gaming community. The reason? People buy them.

As i stated before i play games casually in my mobile because of course i prefer the pc and especially when it comes to controls the mobile devices lack greatly.
Many people would argue that consoles are also a bother for gaming. It's the same thing with mobiles now days. Some people love them some people hate them some like me don't care.

As a last comment though i took a look at the deus ex trailer and it showed a bit of the gameplay for the ipad hd version. In all honesty seeing it as an outsider that doesn't affect me (never really played deus ex plus i don't hate/love mobile games) the game actually looks really well. Good graphics (really good to be exact for an ipad) and also the controls seemed to be actually a little better than what you would expect for a mobile game.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#15 Jun 06 2013 at 11:18 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
660 posts
I don't think people are rating you down because of one negative remark about Square. I want to say people automatically rate you down these days because your posts are always negative, no matter what they're about. Your reputation precedes you.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#16 Jun 06 2013 at 11:46 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
What can you really say positively about Square Enix at this point? What can I really say positively about the topic subject?
#17 Jun 06 2013 at 11:52 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
660 posts
All there is at this point is hope. If you want them to come out of this **** they've buried themselves in, you'll believe in them. There are some things they're doing right, especially with how hard they're working on ARR. ARR is the focus here in this sub-forum...you could always go to The Asylum if you want to get away from us. It already sounds like ARR is not the game for you. I'm not sure why you're still here.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#18 Jun 06 2013 at 12:54 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
Hahaha have we really come to the point that, all there is wait for the best ? I am no killua fan, but he does has a point... SE mobile gaming has done them more damage than good, kinda hard to see people defend SE on this.
____________________________
MUTED
#19 Jun 07 2013 at 1:59 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:
It's not a port, and it's a story driven series, so it's very different from something like Minecraft just being ported. It's a new entry in the series, and it looks awful.

Err, it might be easier to just imagine it like Final Fantasy 15 being announced for mobiles?


Smiley: lol I haven't had the pleasure of playing the Deus Ex games, but I can understand why you're concerned/annoyed. The fact is though, Square has been on this Doomtrain for a while. Even as far back as FF8, they were releasing mobile games with connectivity to the game... there were items/summons that you couldn't get in FF8 without the Japanese mobile phone game. We never got it, soooo...

Oh, and ever heard of a game called Before Crisis? Another mobile game that was never released in the US-- from the FF7 franchise! A lot of people are really irritated that we never got ANY playable version of it (though it's actually supposed to be quite good, to SE's credit).

There are some quality mobile titles out there, though stinkers like All The Bravest certainly do not inspire confidence. Hopefully this will prove to be a solid experience.

Also, don't mind the rate-downs. There are people here who think you make fair points and understand your need to rant about your concerns, and there are other people that will take any amount of skepticism towards SE as if you personally ****** in their Cheerios. Personally I don't support the way you've been made into a whipping boy just for not having faith in SE (when not long ago, ain't NOBODY had faith in SE). It's just tribalism and console wars and fanboyism in general. And all the cool kids don't filter sub-default posts anyway. Smiley: cool Don't sweat it.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#21 Jun 07 2013 at 3:06 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
972 posts
Yeah, I'm actually not even anti-mobile gaming, like I said.

The part that had me annoyed was really the way Square Enix went about this announcement... then again, these are the people who make announcements of announcements of announcements (not exaggerating) of games that have been in development for 10 years - why am I surprised?

I understand why mobile gaming is big. Handheld gaming in general has always been a big part of the industry, and it's more convenient now to carry around one device that's your phone, gaming console, internet browser, messenger, etc. instead of multiple devices for gaming and other functions.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 95 All times are in CST
Callinon, Anonymous Guests (94)