It's an exciting period, since P3 and beyond are a matter of days now. I'm kinda glad P3 will start by being 'weekends only', otherwise I could totally see it causing me problems (You know, losing track of time, "No, my watch can't be right, it can't be 3:00 am at the moment", etc).
I have a question, however: Do you know if SE will release some more information about what classes (jobs are not required yet) actually do?
I'm thinking about what to play, and can't exactly decide, partly because the available information on what classes do / do not do is somewhat scarce.
- The only healing class is Conjurer, and only healing job WHM?
- What is the role of Paladin? A tank, if I have read correctly? Are they derived from Gladiators?
- If we had to divide classes into the "archetypes", then...(Jobs as well, but for the sake of argument let's keep it to classes, since jobs appear later on in-game)
- Which class or classes might be suited for tanking (among others?)
- Which class or classes might be suited for melee damage?
- Which class or classes might be suited for ranged damage?
- Which class or classes might be suited for healing / utility?
And the necessary disclaimer: I am not asking for information from the actual ARR P1/P2 of the beta, just general knowledge to help me decide the class I might like to play.
With my favorite D&D character being the Cleric (they seem to provide the best of divine magic and yet wear armors and be in the thick of battle, even better than the Paladins in that universe), I'm usually looking for a character who's a hybrid between healing and DD.
However, ever since I ended up with a severely crippled class in SW:TOR, I reconsidered, and would like to play something fresh for ARR.
Any and all suggestions and insight, welcome =)