1) Materia? What the heck is that?
2) I heard our weapons or gear breaks, true? Why? And do we know when its going to break?
3) Does our chocobo die? or get eaten? Do we have to go through a major process to obtain and maintain it?
3) Are there auction houses like in ff11?
4) Housing, Do we have Mog rooms in each city?
5) Are there Moogles out in the wild that we can access our stuff in storage? Is there storage other than the 25 items in our pack?
That's it for now. Cheers!
I'm not in the beta, but I can answer most of these since it's public information.
1) Materia is something that gets melded onto gear (think gem system from WoW, but way more complex). You get materia by fighting battles while wearing certain equipment. It gains a spiritbond, when that reaches 100%, you can turn it into materia. There are various grades, and you can meld multiple materia onto certain gear. That's the very basic jist.
2) Gear degrades when used, or more severely when you die. You will be able to see the % it's at, and can repair it yourself or go to an NPC for repairs. As far as I've heard, it doesn't break. It can reach 0, but is still repairable.
3) Since it's a companion it can die, but I'm pretty sure outside of battle you can just resummon it, similar to how companions work in swtor.
4) You can purchase housing in any city (don't think it's available yet though). For now, I think it's limited to one house per person.
5) You will have retainers to hold your excess stuff. Also, I think initial storage is larger than 25... not positive on that. No idea if there are moogles out in the wild, I'm guessing no, at least not for storage purposes, but possibly for mail.