1) Materia? What the heck is that?
2) I heard our weapons or gear breaks, true? Why? And do we know when its going to break?
3) Does our chocobo die? or get eaten? Do we have to go through a major process to obtain and maintain it?
3) Are there auction houses like in ff11?
4) Housing, Do we have Mog rooms in each city?
5) Are there Moogles out in the wild that we can access our stuff in storage? Is there storage other than the 25 items in our pack?
That's it for now. Cheers!
1) Materia are items with stats on them. for instance an intelligence materia has 4 tiers to it. INT I, II, III, IV. The higher the tier, the better the stats. Materia can be melded (bound/crated to/put in) weapons and armour to increase their stats. Putting one materia on an item is 100% guaranteed to work. However you can go for double/triple/quad etc melds however they are a lot lower success rates and in 1.0 if it didnt succeed you not only lost the all of the materia, but the item you were melding them to as well. I believe i read somewhere that you will only lose the materia when melding in 2.0 but dont quote me on that one.
2) Yes all weapons and armour have durability and they are clearly shown as a percentage on the item, crafters can repair specific gear (ie goldsmith could repair jewelery and other things that gsm could make) there are also NPCs that repair gear but they dont repair it to 100%, only 99% and durability needs to be 100% to trade items.
3) As of 1.0 chocobos didnt die, you could be attacked while on them and there were 3 outcomes from this, you took damage and continued to run along, you took damaged and got "lagged" while stay on your chocobo you ran extremely slow...slower than foot speed it seemed, or youd get knocked off your chocobo and it would run away. However with chocobo fighting and stuff in 2.0 im not sure how it will work
4) No mog houses, your storage was your retainers, you get 2 for free and can buy more. and you can switch your job anywhere by switching your weapon (under the right circumstances ie cant be in battle)
5) Your pack actually has 100 slots (which is down from 200 in 1.0) and i believe retainers are being cut from 100 slots to 50 each. But to access them you had to either go the the market ward they were lacated in or ring of of the retainer bells located in various parts of town