Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

V1.0 CE goodiesFollow

#1 Jun 16 2013 at 10:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
297 posts
I wanted to ask the people who bought the CE edition of FFXIV v1.0, how is/was the quality of the map that came with it? Is it like a thick paper? Is it cloth?

...I'm kinda of thinking about getting it... is that wrong?
____________________________
FFXIV - Ultros - Kraken Club - Karma Zameleons
Autumn Klmbkvist

FFXI - Fenrir (Retired)
Osmund
Diogenes

"Move with confidence."
"Anything worth doing is never easy."
#2 Jun 16 2013 at 10:37 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
175 posts
The map? I don't seem to recall ever getting a map >.> Did I miss out on something? All that the PC collector edition that I got came with the game, a journal/quazi art book (with not a lotta art) a FFXIV authenticator key. And the deal for the "birth certificate" oh and the making of DVD which I still don't think I ever watched. lol

If you can find it though go for it since you'll still get all the new collector edition digitial goodies too. lol

Edited, Jun 17th 2013 12:38am by Valeforelacky
____________________________
Gothos 75 SMN 75 WHM 68 COR 65SAM ~FFXI (Valefor)
80 Warlock - 80 Priest - 80 Shaman WoW (Moon Guard)
#3 Jun 16 2013 at 10:41 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
751 posts
jackvoodoo wrote:
I wanted to ask the people who bought the CE edition of FFXIV v1.0, how is/was the quality of the map that came with it? Is it like a thick paper? Is it cloth?

...I'm kinda of thinking about getting it... is that wrong?


It was a very thin piece of cloth (think of a thin duster).

The map itself was not "a map" in the sense that you could use it in game. Rather it was a picture of Eorzea with general regions marked out on it but no other detail. Easy for me to say because I have one but I wouldnt buy the original CE just for that if I were you. There was also a coffee mug (metal bound in faux leather) and some videos in the original CE. I never watched the videos but I did use the coffee mug.
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#4 Jun 16 2013 at 10:41 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
EU version got a map.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#5 Jun 16 2013 at 10:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
297 posts
I see... ok. I assumed the map is just really for show, which is exactly why I wanted it. I didn't realize that the mug was a coffee mug. Was it a nice coffee mug? Is it a vacuum flask?

I think that if I try to get it on ebay ($50-$60) I wouldn't know if I would be getting the EU version. Even though I wanna it, I don't think the money justify the map... >.>

I am pretty excited about the v2.0 CE though! Can't wait to get that.

Thanks for the response, guys!

Edited, Jun 17th 2013 12:57am by jackvoodoo
____________________________
FFXIV - Ultros - Kraken Club - Karma Zameleons
Autumn Klmbkvist

FFXI - Fenrir (Retired)
Osmund
Diogenes

"Move with confidence."
"Anything worth doing is never easy."
#6 Jun 16 2013 at 11:11 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
751 posts
Coffee mug did have a lid but was not a "Vacuum mug".

Kept your coffee pretty hot though. At the time I was travelling a lot (pretty much every week for two or three days) and I used to catch a plane at 6am. Got up, made coffee, had shower, got dressed, got in car and started driving. I used to drink the coffee on the way to the airport and it was always hot :-)
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#7 Jun 16 2013 at 11:50 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
220 posts
The journal was an interesting addition, but I'm not sure when I'd ever use it unless I become a scientist in a horror movie/game that has to chronicle all the stupid mistakes I made that end up in my death.
____________________________
#8 Jun 17 2013 at 12:42 AM Rating: Good
***
1,112 posts
The map reminded me of that material you get for cleaning spectacles. I wonder if they lay of the land has changed significantly to render the map vastly inaccurate now?
____________________________
To endanger the soul endangers all,
when the soul is endangered it must become a Warrior.
#9 Jun 17 2013 at 1:14 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
599 posts
I think it was supposed to be a screen cleaning cloth, it's like a static cloth sort of thing.
#10 Jun 17 2013 at 7:58 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
297 posts
I like maps, I'm not sure why. I especially like maps that are drawn on cloth, or leather skin, or how they used to do it in the old days. I think it was because of LoTR. My girlfriend made a replica of the Middle Earth map for me, stained with coffee to make it look brown and burned the edges to make it look old and worn, and drew the map and wrote the lettering (yea, my girlfriend is awesome). So if a map of FFXI and/or FFXIV was printed on a very unique material I would totally want it as a collector's item. Even if they sold it separately in their SE shop. I would totally love to have a map of Westeros + Essos if they ever print that on something unique.

Anyone else like maps?

Edited, Jun 17th 2013 9:59am by jackvoodoo
____________________________
FFXIV - Ultros - Kraken Club - Karma Zameleons
Autumn Klmbkvist

FFXI - Fenrir (Retired)
Osmund
Diogenes

"Move with confidence."
"Anything worth doing is never easy."
#11 Jun 17 2013 at 8:09 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
I liked the journal for writing down stuff in-game I needed to remember... especially back in 1.0, where crafting required insane amounts of components and what not, I could write it all down with what I needed to find/buy. It was also nice for jotting down coordinates to things like good mining/harvesting spots, etc.
#12 Jun 17 2013 at 8:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
My journal's only writing is Yoshi-P's autograph on the inside cover Smiley: nod
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#13 Jun 17 2013 at 9:22 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
599 posts
If I'd have been able to afford the CE when v.1 came out my journal would be empty and i'd have bought a notebook for the little notes I needed to make Smiley: lol
#14 Jun 17 2013 at 1:33 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
175 posts
Trust me you aren't missing out on much. Least the NA CE the journal binding is nice.. there's like maybe 5 pieces of artwork in the very back and that's it. lol
____________________________
Gothos 75 SMN 75 WHM 68 COR 65SAM ~FFXI (Valefor)
80 Warlock - 80 Priest - 80 Shaman WoW (Moon Guard)
#15 Jun 17 2013 at 1:44 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
jackvoodoo wrote:
I like maps, I'm not sure why. I especially like maps that are drawn on cloth, or leather skin, or how they used to do it in the old days. I think it was because of LoTR. My girlfriend made a replica of the Middle Earth map for me, stained with coffee to make it look brown and burned the edges to make it look old and worn, and drew the map and wrote the lettering (yea, my girlfriend is awesome). So if a map of FFXI and/or FFXIV was printed on a very unique material I would totally want it as a collector's item. Even if they sold it separately in their SE shop. I would totally love to have a map of Westeros + Essos if they ever print that on something unique.

Anyone else like maps?

Edited, Jun 17th 2013 9:59am by jackvoodoo



I have a sweet Cloth map from FFVIII that you got as a pre-order bonus, from EB Games. It very cool.
#16 Jun 17 2013 at 2:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,310 posts
HallieXIV wrote:
Coffee mug did have a lid but was not a "Vacuum mug".

Kept your coffee pretty hot though. At the time I was travelling a lot (pretty much every week for two or three days) and I used to catch a plane at 6am. Got up, made coffee, had shower, got dressed, got in car and started driving. I used to drink the coffee on the way to the airport and it was always hot :-)


Wait. Are you taking about the CE mug? Wasn't the mug toxic? And it came with a little note saying whatever you do, don't drink or even eat from the mug?
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 78 All times are in CDT
Fynlar, Anonymous Guests (77)