Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Collector's Edition Digital DownloadFollow

#1 Jun 20 2013 at 6:42 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
728 posts
I was just wondering what all was included in this version. Would they still send all the physical fringe benefits?
____________________________
FFXI: DamienSlvrblade Race: Elvaan Nation: San d'Oria Server: Sylph 2002-2007, Phoenix 2012
PUP WHM PLD MNK BLU BST SAM WAR BLM 99 BRD THF NIN DNC SMN RDM 50+

FFXIV: Damien Scott Race: Duskwight Elezen GC: Limsa Lominsa Server: Ultros
DoW GLA50 ACN50 PUG50 MAR 50 Rest30+
DoH/DoL All 40+
#2 Jun 20 2013 at 6:46 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
456 posts
I think I read somewhere that they would not be sending all the physical things when digitally DLed... I'll try to find think link for ya but no promises...
____________________________
Moderator-75thf 75nin 75pld Hume
LS- WanderingTrupaTricks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Diabolos~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mori Oni- 50MNK 20LNC 11GLD Miquote
LS- The Inner Circle
FC- Primal Bane
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ultros~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#3 Jun 20 2013 at 6:57 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
217 posts
I ordered the Collector's Digital download too, and don't think we get anything other than the in game items. I would really love it if it at least included the security key.
____________________________
Aeloriel Autumnleaf - Ultros Server

Karma Zameleons - LS
The Kraken Club - Zam Free Company

It's not the destination, it's the Journey!

#4 Jun 20 2013 at 7:01 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
728 posts
If it doesn't at least include the Security token that has to be the biggest rip-off since the FFXIII-2 ending (zing!). 20 bucks for some superfluous digital items is pretty steep. I'd like to get the CE, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to me. I dig the Music CD, in game items, and security token, but the rest of that stuff would just get looked at once and collect dust.
____________________________
FFXI: DamienSlvrblade Race: Elvaan Nation: San d'Oria Server: Sylph 2002-2007, Phoenix 2012
PUP WHM PLD MNK BLU BST SAM WAR BLM 99 BRD THF NIN DNC SMN RDM 50+

FFXIV: Damien Scott Race: Duskwight Elezen GC: Limsa Lominsa Server: Ultros
DoW GLA50 ACN50 PUG50 MAR 50 Rest30+
DoH/DoL All 40+
#5 Jun 20 2013 at 9:14 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
220 posts
DamienSScott wrote:
If it doesn't at least include the Security token that has to be the biggest rip-off since the FFXIII-2 ending (zing!). 20 bucks for some superfluous digital items is pretty steep. I'd like to get the CE, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to me. I dig the Music CD, in game items, and security token, but the rest of that stuff would just get looked at once and collect dust.


Yeah I kinda want to buy my roommate a CE for PS3 so I can have the new physical stuff, but I'm not sure how worth while it would be.
____________________________
#6 Jun 20 2013 at 9:27 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,144 posts
Lorielll wrote:
I ordered the Collector's Digital download too, and don't think we get anything other than the in game items. I would really love it if it at least included the security key.


Are you talking about the security token (similar to Blizzard Authenticator)? It's free to download. Of course that would require you to have access to the internet on your phone at all times Smiley: sly


____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#7 Jun 20 2013 at 10:21 PM Rating: Good
****
5,745 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Lorielll wrote:
I ordered the Collector's Digital download too, and don't think we get anything other than the in game items. I would really love it if it at least included the security key.

Are you talking about the security token (similar to Blizzard Authenticator)? It's free to download. Of course that would require you to have access to the internet on your phone at all times Smiley: sly

There is a physical security token that is branded with FFXIV on it that comes as part of the physical version of the collector's edition.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#8 Jun 21 2013 at 3:35 AM Rating: Good
****
4,144 posts
svlyons wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Lorielll wrote:
I ordered the Collector's Digital download too, and don't think we get anything other than the in game items. I would really love it if it at least included the security key.

Are you talking about the security token (similar to Blizzard Authenticator)? It's free to download. Of course that would require you to have access to the internet on your phone at all times Smiley: sly

There is a physical security token that is branded with FFXIV on it that comes as part of the physical version of the collector's edition.


Right, just pointing out that the app is a free download. For those who are griping about the token, at least there is a free option. I know how cheap people are here so I figured I'd just put it out there Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#9 Jun 21 2013 at 5:22 AM Rating: Good
*
138 posts
You know, I'd like to see some more "oomph" in the Digital CE myself...

I am considering upgrading to it, but "just" these items is a bit dumb.

They could include MP3's of the album and PDF of the artwork book as well, at the very least. Would still be digital, but much better than "merely 3-4 in-game items".
#10 Jun 21 2013 at 7:51 AM Rating: Decent
9 posts
$20 bucks is a pizza...big deal.
#11 Jun 21 2013 at 7:53 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
95 posts
Can we also DL normal version for FFXIV or its just the collector's edition?
____________________________
Pia Lior - Ultros
#12 Jun 21 2013 at 8:04 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
254 posts
svlyons wrote:

There is a physical security token that is branded with FFXIV on it that comes as part of the physical version of the collector's edition.

That doesn't seem very useful to me. I am just planning to use the app on my smartphone, why carry around another piece of plastic on your keychain?
____________________________
Skadi Scion / Ultros Server

formerly Skadisleeves of Lakshmi in FFXI
#13 Jun 21 2013 at 10:38 AM Rating: Good
****
5,745 posts
Skaditoo wrote:
svlyons wrote:
There is a physical security token that is branded with FFXIV on it that comes as part of the physical version of the collector's edition.

That doesn't seem very useful to me. I am just planning to use the app on my smartphone, why carry around another piece of plastic on your keychain?

I agree. I'm still using my physical token only because I understand that I have to jump through some hoops to deactivate it first. Otherwise, I would be using the smart phone app.

But if you're buying the collector's edition, chances are good you like shinies.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#14 Jun 21 2013 at 5:44 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,144 posts
notmuch22 wrote:
$20 bucks is a pizza...big deal.

I can't tell if you're making a case for a crappy CE or an expensive pizza Smiley: glare

svlyons wrote:
Skaditoo wrote:
svlyons wrote:
There is a physical security token that is branded with FFXIV on it that comes as part of the physical version of the collector's edition.

That doesn't seem very useful to me. I am just planning to use the app on my smartphone, why carry around another piece of plastic on your keychain?

I agree. I'm still using my physical token only because I understand that I have to jump through some hoops to deactivate it first. Otherwise, I would be using the smart phone app.

But if you're buying the collector's edition, chances are good you like shinies.


There are no hoops to jump through. The only problem is that once you deactivate it, you can't reactivate it. You're stuck buying a new one. Fortunately, the same cannot be said for your phone.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#15 Jun 21 2013 at 8:51 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,339 posts
DamienSScott wrote:
If it doesn't at least include the Security token that has to be the biggest rip-off since the FFXIII-2 ending (zing!). 20 bucks for some superfluous digital items is pretty steep. I'd like to get the CE, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to me. I dig the Music CD, in game items, and security token, but the rest of that stuff would just get looked at once and collect dust.


Oh please. It's a digital upgrade, not a physical copy. You are only getting the digital items, just like every other single MMO that offers this same expansion type service for upgrading.

Don't like it? Don't upgrade then.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 72 All times are in CST
BrokenFox, Anonymous Guests (71)