Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4
Reply To Thread

How to play the game and lose weightFollow

#1 Jun 22 2013 at 7:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
725 posts
*smile*

Yes you can!! Prepare ahead.
I had fruit to shove in my mouth (strawberries, bananas etc), instead of junk food. I had a gallon on water ready to refill my glass.

I had carrots, and grape tomatoes (etc.) to grab.

And my secret diet weapon is JELLO. The one that has only 10 calories (no sugar). I made two packages ahead of time, again prepare ahead, and put a pint of fresh blueberries in there. I sprinkle protein powder on the ready jello before I eat it.

That being said, Jello cools you down (its summer), refreshes and you can eat it while you are zoning.

Breaktime is bathroom time. I'm not hardcore, so no pampers for me!

What do you eat while playing? Any ideas to throw into the heap?



____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#2 Jun 22 2013 at 7:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*
239 posts
Usually I eat pizza with some beer to wash it down. On payday I trade the beer in for cinnamon whiskey.
____________________________
Survivor of the Twinkling Treant - 2003
FFXI - Cerberus - 99 PUP, 75 BST-RDM-BLU
FFXIV - Besaid -> Balmung - 9/23/10

#3 Jun 22 2013 at 8:39 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I'm a fairly decent cook so I always try to take an hour break for meals before evening gaming sessions. Since it's just me and the husband, 4 portions for dinner becomes dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.

Tonight was taco pasta. 100% whole wheat pasta cooked in beef broth with canned red kidney beans in chili sauce, tossed with 1/4 tsp each of ground red pepper, cumin, coriander, paprika, and garlic sauce, then with 2 cups minced cilantro, chives, and basil tossed in (since it's growing like a weed in my garden pot and needs to get eaten.) Sprinkle just a little cheese on top. Tasty, healthy, filling. And I get to eat it again tomorrow, yay!

Then I go and ruin it by having a long island iced tea.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#4 Jun 22 2013 at 8:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
283 posts
I ate a whole bunch of rolos. They were delicious. Sour Patch Kids and monsters are my usual tho. Who eats jello and fruit anyways.... I think my grandma did ... Oh wait,,.... Are you my Grandma!??
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1690295[/ffxivsig]
#5 Jun 22 2013 at 9:39 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,122 posts
I tend to forget about eating completely when I'm occupied by something so I have the opposite problem.
#6 Jun 22 2013 at 10:58 PM Rating: Excellent
I work out every single day, either during my lunch break or right after work -- sometimes both -- often to the point that I can wring out the sweat from my shirt.

Then, before gaming, I pretty much eat whatever the heck I want.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#7 Jun 23 2013 at 12:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,675 posts
I feel like we had this conversation before, but I really try not to snack when playing any sort of game; it just makes everything (keyboard/controller) so messy/greasy.

I just usually have a water, or beer or tea. And if I do eat, I usually try not to multitask.
#8 Jun 23 2013 at 12:22 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
It's mostly coffee, water, or alcohol. I try not to eat at the computer but if I do it's something easy like pizza. And I skateboard and drink a ton of water, so I'm in good shape.

Edited, Jun 26th 2013 3:02pm by BrokenFox
#9 Jun 23 2013 at 12:39 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,418 posts
Thayos wrote:
I work out every single day, either during my lunch break or right after work -- sometimes both -- often to the point that I can wring out the sweat from my shirt.

Then, before gaming, I pretty much eat whatever the heck I want.

LOL... I bike ride 12 miles a day (to and from work) while working 8-12 hours a day. I eat what ever doesn't run away from me.
____________________________

#10 Jun 23 2013 at 2:03 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
11 posts
I work out 1 1/2hrs - 2hrs a days 6 days a week. Breakfast = smoothie (consists of spinach, 2 raw eggs, almond milk, a banana, and blueberries), later a snack of oatmeal with a banana, after workout a protein shake blended with 1 banana, almond milk, 2 raw eggs, then later dinner (if its not chicken then whatever I feel like), then maybe a snack if am up or if I need extra meal.

Oh and lots of water during the day. (´・ω・`)

Edited, Jun 23rd 2013 4:08am by ChaosElite22
____________________________
Quetzalcoatl: Chaoselite
95 Kikoku - 4934 DMG
99NIN 99DRK 99PLD 99BST 99BLM 99THF 99MNK
103+3Smithing 63Cloth 60Wood 60Gold 50Leather
#11 Jun 23 2013 at 5:58 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
725 posts
Catwho wrote:
I'm a fairly decent cook so I always try to take an hour break for meals before evening gaming sessions. Since it's just me and the husband, 4 portions for dinner becomes dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.

Tonight was taco pasta. 100% whole wheat pasta cooked in beef broth with canned red kidney beans in chili sauce, tossed with 1/4 tsp each of ground red pepper, cumin, coriander, paprika, and garlic sauce, then with 2 cups minced cilantro, chives, and basil tossed in (since it's growing like a weed in my garden pot and needs to get eaten.) Sprinkle just a little cheese on top. Tasty, healthy, filling. And I get to eat it again tomorrow, yay!

Then I go and ruin it by having a long island iced tea.


/drool
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#12 Jun 23 2013 at 5:58 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
725 posts
ChaosElite22 wrote:
I work out 1 1/2hrs - 2hrs a days 6 days a week. Breakfast = smoothie (consists of spinach, 2 raw eggs, almond milk, a banana, and blueberries), later a snack of oatmeal with a banana, after workout a protein shake blended with 1 banana, almond milk, 2 raw eggs, then later dinner (if its not chicken then whatever I feel like), then maybe a snack if am up or if I need extra meal.

Oh and lots of water during the day. (´・ω・`)

Edited, Jun 23rd 2013 4:08am by ChaosElite22


I'm impressed.
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#13 Jun 23 2013 at 6:00 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
725 posts
Teneleven wrote:
Thayos wrote:
I work out every single day, either during my lunch break or right after work -- sometimes both -- often to the point that I can wring out the sweat from my shirt.

Then, before gaming, I pretty much eat whatever the heck I want.

LOL... I bike ride 12 miles a day (to and from work) while working 8-12 hours a day. I eat what ever doesn't run away from me.


/stun <food>

That's great. I rode 10 miles a day to one job. My legs were in awesome shape. Now, not so much.
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#14 Jun 23 2013 at 6:01 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
725 posts
deronguerra wrote:
I ate a whole bunch of rolos. They were delicious. Sour Patch Kids and monsters are my usual tho. Who eats jello and fruit anyways.... I think my grandma did ... Oh wait,,.... Are you my Grandma!??


Well I migh just be....
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#15 Jun 23 2013 at 6:31 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
598 posts
I always thought it would be fun to make gaming a family affair. Besides my brother I can't convince anyone else to play.

I usually just go AFK to eat. Which is good and bad. If I've got 5 minutes I end up making poor choices if I take the time I am an excellent cook and food scientist.

I exercise a couple times a week and play basketball, volleyball and soccer different times of the year.
____________________________
"The next time you have the urge to stab me in the back have the guts to do it to my face." - Malcolm Reynolds
#16 Jun 23 2013 at 10:19 AM Rating: Good
**
598 posts
Potstickers (pan fried) and wine when i have the time to prepare beforehand.

My healthy snack of choice is edamame. I buy it by the truckloads from Sam's Club or similar wholesale stores. Less greasy on the fingers than the potstickers!
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#17 Jun 23 2013 at 11:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
**
325 posts
I prefer to just have a beer (Shock Top Smiley: nod ) while playing, since my playtime is at night when the kids are asleep. Its relax time :)
____________________________
FFXIV
Name: Z'veagan Brolz
Server: Ultros
Linkshell/FC: Lootwhorindramafest
#18 Jun 23 2013 at 11:40 AM Rating: Decent
Veagan wrote:
I prefer to just have a beer (Shock Top Smiley: nod ) while playing, since my playtime is at night when the kids are asleep. Its relax time :)

Shock top is nice. I like to partake with Franziskaner Weissbier. I have no children so any time is beer time for me ^^~!
#19 Jun 23 2013 at 11:49 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I've kind of turned into a beer snob over the years. Trappeze spoiled me.

Shock Top isn't bad, though.

Yesterday I had a Sweetwater Happy Ending and I took almost an hour to drink it... 9% ABV, major hops over the malt of the Imperial russian style, and a nice piney citrus finish that lasted almost a minute over the tongue. Amaaaaaaazing.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#20 Jun 23 2013 at 11:55 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
325 posts
Hmm im going to have to check those out, always like tasting new beer :)
____________________________
FFXIV
Name: Z'veagan Brolz
Server: Ultros
Linkshell/FC: Lootwhorindramafest
#21 Jun 23 2013 at 11:58 AM Rating: Excellent
**
598 posts
Catwho wrote:
I've kind of turned into a beer snob over the years. Trappeze spoiled me.

Shock Top isn't bad, though.

Yesterday I had a Sweetwater Happy Ending and I took almost an hour to drink it... 9% ABV, major hops over the malt of the Imperial russian style, and a nice piney citrus finish that lasted almost a minute over the tongue. Amaaaaaaazing.


Showing your GA. colors! XD

Happy Ending is a fabulous beer. Love Exodus (though maybe a tad too heavy when laying out by the pool). Terrapin has a wonderful beer, Samurai-somethingorother, with a nice ginger taste to it.

Monday Night Brewing is also becoming a local of favorite of mine!
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#22 Jun 23 2013 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Terrapin majorly spoils me since the brewery is seven miles away from my house (it was two blocks from my old office...) They have parties Wednesday through Saturday from 5:30 to 7:30 where you pay $10 for a glass and get up to 8 free samples (4 oz pours) straight from the tap. We take a couple of lawn chairs and just get drunk. Then desperately try to sober up a bit before the drive home and/or hit dinner at Heirloom Cafe a mile away.

Reminds me, I got a free ticket for donating blood last week. Need to go!
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#23 Jun 23 2013 at 12:05 PM Rating: Good
**
598 posts
Catwho wrote:
Terrapin majorly spoils me since the brewery is seven miles away from my house (it was two blocks from my old office...) They have parties Wednesday through Saturday from 5:30 to 7:30 where you pay $10 for a glass and get up to 8 free samples (4 oz pours) straight from the tap. We take a couple of lawn chairs and just get drunk. Then desperately try to sober up a bit before the drive home and/or hit dinner at Heirloom Cafe a mile away.

Reminds me, I got a free ticket for donating blood last week. Need to go!


I have about 4 and counting mason jar glasses from terrapin (yeah high roller :p). Love their tours.

A California fave of mine is Lagunitas!! A must try. I absolutely recommend Hop Stoopid!




This thread is suddenly gaining weight <.<
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#24 Jun 23 2013 at 12:10 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
11 posts
I find it incredibly hilarious how this thread "How to play the game and lose weight", turned into "I rather drink beer and what kind do you like?".
Lmao! O(≧∇≦)O
____________________________
Quetzalcoatl: Chaoselite
95 Kikoku - 4934 DMG
99NIN 99DRK 99PLD 99BST 99BLM 99THF 99MNK
103+3Smithing 63Cloth 60Wood 60Gold 50Leather
#25 Jun 23 2013 at 12:31 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
We have around a hundred Terrapin glasses. (Not the mason jars, they don't stack right.)

We had to give a bunch away because we ran out of room in the cupboard.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#26 Jun 23 2013 at 12:32 PM Rating: Decent
*
89 posts
Grandmomma wrote:
*smile*

Yes you can!! Prepare ahead.
I had fruit to shove in my mouth (strawberries, bananas etc), instead of junk food. I had a gallon on water ready to refill my glass.

I had carrots, and grape tomatoes (etc.) to grab.

And my secret diet weapon is JELLO. The one that has only 10 calories (no sugar). I made two packages ahead of time, again prepare ahead, and put a pint of fresh blueberries in there. I sprinkle protein powder on the ready jello before I eat it.

That being said, Jello cools you down (its summer), refreshes and you can eat it while you are zoning.

Breaktime is bathroom time. I'm not hardcore, so no pampers for me!

What do you eat while playing? Any ideas to throw into the heap?



Oh boy! I'd love to really lay into this right now, but I'm short on time.

Firstly, it's your body and you're more than welcome to do with it what you please, but man, Jell-o? ****-no!

JELLO, SUGAR FREE, LOW CALORIE
INGREDIENTS: Gelatin, Adipic Acid (for Tartness), Disodium Phosphate (Control Acidity), Maltodextrin (from Corn), Cranberry Juice Solids, Fumaric Acid (for Tartness), Contains Less than 2% of Natural Flavor, Aspartame (Phenylketonurics Contains Phenylalanine), and Acesulfame Potassium (Sweeteners), Salt, Blue 1, Red 40.

You're ingesting so many chemicals and minerals that are known to shut down certain functions in the body! Don't get caught up in this era of "LOW FAT, NO FAT" ************** terrible and will lead to so many problems as you age. Our current youth in America is a like a laboratory test in which we've fed them HFCS among other products and we've produced a fat, lazy, balding cross-species of a 'once strong' gene pool..

I love to see that you have fruit as well, but you should read into 'what fruits' provide 'what' There are different antioxidents out there and varying levels/types of fibers. Because most all fruits are high in sugars and want to be eaten not only sparingly but at choice times(IE, right after a workout/run/strenuous activity)

If you're looking for a truly "low calorie" snack, give celery a shot. Little 'all-natural' peanut butter goes a long way on those! You can add fruit(sparingly, again) to that mix as well as matching it with loads of other options.

Snacking daily, consistently isn't a great choice in the first place. Regular, small in portions meals will net you the greatest weight-loss while properly providing your body with the necessary vitamins and minerals.

For example, a day in my life:
6AM: 4 egg whites, Chicken Sausage, two pieces of whole wheat bread with almond butter
8:30AM: Handful of almonds and a protein shake
11AM: Sodium Free Turkey on whole wheat with spinach, mustard, onions= The works!
2:30PM: Protein shake and a light snack(if necessary)
5-6PM: Chicken breast with brown rice and vegetables.
10PM: Pre Sleep Protein Shake

I also supplement with a QUALITY Men's Multivitamin and a Fish oil, 3x a day. And to note, the above varies a bit on heavy workout days(more carbs, no additional proteins/fats generally.)

And of course WATER! All day everyday, outside of beer and wine- water is literally the only fluid I ingest. If you're a person looking to bulk up, add whole milk to that list and learn to love it!

And lastly, nothing beats exercise! Sitting takes years off your life!(I'm saying this on an MMO forum haha, but it's being tied to many health issues as the 'average person at a desk' is sitting longer with less breaks) But unless you have some disease or inability to stand, you can convert your desk into a "standing desk" Regardless though, you should be getting up every 30-45 minutes and take a quick walk around(not just to the bathroom hah)

OKAY! That was much more long winded than I anticipated but I am very passionate about health and I hate misinformation and "schemes" and shortcuts.
« Previous 1 2 3 4
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 143 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (143)