Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

How to Pay For FFXIV Follow

#27 Jul 02 2013 at 4:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,418 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
You could also cut back on luxury activities:

Go to Starbucks 2 times less in a month.
Order 1 less pizza a month.
Buy 1 less 12 pack of beer a month.
Make your lunch instead of going out for 1 week.

Really easy. It's a game sub, not a car payment.


That's not even funny. :P
____________________________

#28 Jul 02 2013 at 4:42 PM Rating: Excellent
**
598 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
You could also cut back on luxury activities:

Go to Starbucks 2 times less in a month.
Order 1 less pizza a month.
Buy 1 less 12 pack of beer a month.
Make your lunch instead of going out for 1 week.


Now that's just crazy talk!!!!
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#29 Jul 02 2013 at 4:43 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
728 posts
The biggest way to make money to pay for the sub that I haven't really heard yet is actually playing the game. I know I'm not the only one that refrains from playing much else when I have an MMO to be addicted to. I believe that playing an MMO prevents a lot of people from buying other games that come out. Even if you want to play the title you can wait for it to go on sale or buy it a month or two later used. Oh how I love Steam.
____________________________
FFXI: DamienSlvrblade Race: Elvaan Nation: San d'Oria Server: Sylph 2002-2007, Phoenix 2012
PUP WHM PLD MNK BLU BST SAM WAR BLM 99 BRD THF NIN DNC SMN RDM 50+

FFXIV: Damien Scott Race: Duskwight Elezen GC: Limsa Lominsa Server: Ultros
DoW GLA50 ACN50 PUG50 MAR 50 Rest30+
DoH/DoL All 40+
#30 Jul 02 2013 at 5:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Teneleven wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
You could also cut back on luxury activities:

Go to Starbucks 2 times less in a month.
Order 1 less pizza a month.
Buy 1 less 12 pack of beer a month.
Make your lunch instead of going out for 1 week.

Really easy. It's a game sub, not a car payment.


That's not even funny. :P


Hey, I budget for booze. Threw that in there for those that aren't as organized as me :P
#31 Jul 02 2013 at 5:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
A Jetta GLI


NICE!!!

I'm getting a Scion FR-S (in red, of course), and I'm totally stoked! Less than two more weeks until I pick it up...

Back on the topic of making $$ for monthly fees, how about a garage sale? And, at your garage sale, hand out flyers for your cheap lawn mowing business. Sell lemonade, too. Better yet, cook pancakes for the people who show up at the crack of dawn (people who still live with their parents can probably mooch the cookies supplies for free).

When I used to be a poor newspaper reporter, once I responded to a Craigslist gig to dig holes at a construction site. It was a solid morning of good labor, and I made like $200. Boom. That's more than a year of monthly fees right there.



Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 4:11pm by Thayos
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#32 Jul 02 2013 at 5:14 PM Rating: Good
**
598 posts
Thayos wrote:
Quote:
A Jetta GLI

I'm getting a Scion FR-S (in red, of course), and I'm totally stoked! Less than two more weeks until I pick it up...
Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 4:11pm by Thayos


Totally back off topic but those are so cuuuuute! I'm actually considering one of those myself! That or a 360.
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#33 Jul 02 2013 at 5:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
262 posts
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Thayos wrote:
Quote:
A Jetta GLI

I'm getting a Scion FR-S (in red, of course), and I'm totally stoked! Less than two more weeks until I pick it up...
Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 4:11pm by Thayos


Totally back off topic but those are so cuuuuute! I'm actually considering one of those myself! That or a 360.


Should wait for the xbox one, or better yet ps4.






















bazinga?

Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 7:21pm by Hatamaz
#34 Jul 02 2013 at 5:22 PM Rating: Good
**
598 posts
Hatamaz wrote:
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Thayos wrote:
Quote:
A Jetta GLI

I'm getting a Scion FR-S (in red, of course), and I'm totally stoked! Less than two more weeks until I pick it up...
Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 4:11pm by Thayos


Totally back off topic but those are so cuuuuute! I'm actually considering one of those myself! That or a 360.


Should wait for the xbox one, or better yet ps4.

>.<

370...

I'll leave it unedited to wallow in my shame Smiley: laugh






















bazinga?

Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 7:21pm by Hatamaz

____________________________
Sour Cherry
#35 Jul 02 2013 at 5:32 PM Rating: Excellent
The 370 is slick too! I'm just glad to see more options for sports cars these days. No reason why people shouldn't have fun while they drive, right?


Oh, here's another idea for paying that monthly fee for XIV....

If you just started dating, consider an outdoor picnic. She'll think it's romantic, AND you save money!

If you've been dating someone for a long time, and you're thinking of getting married, don't do it!

And if she insists, get married in Vegas. Just don't gamble while you're there.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#36 Jul 02 2013 at 5:37 PM Rating: Good
**
598 posts
Thayos wrote:
The 370 is slick too! I'm just glad to see more options for sports cars these days. No reason why people shouldn't have fun while they drive, right?


Oh, here's another idea for paying that monthly fee for XIV....

If you just started dating, consider an outdoor picnic. She'll think it's romantic, AND you save money!

If you've been dating someone for a long time, and you're thinking of getting married, don't do it!

And if she insists, get married in Vegas. Just don't gamble while you're there.



This is why I don't date gamer boys anymore... Smiley: laugh

Seriously, need $15 a month? Recycle!
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#37 Jul 02 2013 at 5:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
This is why I don't date gamer boys anymore... Smiley: laugh


I'm actually married... so I'm just speaking from experience. Smiley: smile

And yes, I did get married in Vegas!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#38 Jul 02 2013 at 5:49 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
262 posts
Thayos wrote:
Quote:
This is why I don't date gamer boys anymore... Smiley: laugh


I'm actually married... so I'm just speaking from experience. Smiley: smile

And yes, I did get married in Vegas!



If you've been married for a long time, and plan on getting a divorce. Don't do it!

Between lawyer fees, PI fees, having to pay for everything for my ex-wife during the divorce, child support, and then my bills I was barely making it month to month during my divorce. Now though, I realize how much money I actually bring home and it's nice! Never again will I let a significant other "take care of the bills".

#39 Jul 02 2013 at 5:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
Between lawyer fees, PI fees, having to pay for everything for my ex-wife during the divorce, child support, and then my bills I was barely making it month to month during my divorce. Now though, I realize how much money I actually bring home and it's nice! Never again will I let a significant other "take care of the bills".


Not that I was worried about my marriage, but you just preemptively paid for all of my MMORPG fees for the rest of my life!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#40 Jul 02 2013 at 5:56 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
262 posts
Thayos wrote:
Quote:
Between lawyer fees, PI fees, having to pay for everything for my ex-wife during the divorce, child support, and then my bills I was barely making it month to month during my divorce. Now though, I realize how much money I actually bring home and it's nice! Never again will I let a significant other "take care of the bills".


Not that I was worried about my marriage, but you just preemptively paid for all of my MMORPG fees for the rest of my life!



Like I've always heard, "It's cheaper to keep 'er!".

Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 7:56pm by Hatamaz
#41 Jul 02 2013 at 6:09 PM Rating: Excellent
**
598 posts
Hatamaz wrote:
Thayos wrote:
Quote:
Between lawyer fees, PI fees, having to pay for everything for my ex-wife during the divorce, child support, and then my bills I was barely making it month to month during my divorce. Now though, I realize how much money I actually bring home and it's nice! Never again will I let a significant other "take care of the bills".


Not that I was worried about my marriage, but you just preemptively paid for all of my MMORPG fees for the rest of my life!



Like I've always heard, "It's cheaper to keep 'er!".

Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 7:56pm by Hatamaz


So messed up!

I'm totally buying the most expensive thing on the menu during my next date.


Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 8:14pm by ShindaUsagi
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#42 Jul 02 2013 at 6:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
262 posts
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Hatamaz wrote:
Thayos wrote:
Quote:
Between lawyer fees, PI fees, having to pay for everything for my ex-wife during the divorce, child support, and then my bills I was barely making it month to month during my divorce. Now though, I realize how much money I actually bring home and it's nice! Never again will I let a significant other "take care of the bills".


Not that I was worried about my marriage, but you just preemptively paid for all of my MMORPG fees for the rest of my life!



Like I've always heard, "It's cheaper to keep 'er!".

Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 7:56pm by Hatamaz


So messed up!

I'm totally buying the most expensive thing on the menu during my next date.


Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 8:14pm by ShindaUsagi



There's another way to save money for FFXIV. Don't date ShindaUsagi! Smiley: lol
#43 Jul 02 2013 at 6:20 PM Rating: Excellent
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Hatamaz wrote:
Thayos wrote:
Quote:
Between lawyer fees, PI fees, having to pay for everything for my ex-wife during the divorce, child support, and then my bills I was barely making it month to month during my divorce. Now though, I realize how much money I actually bring home and it's nice! Never again will I let a significant other "take care of the bills".


Not that I was worried about my marriage, but you just preemptively paid for all of my MMORPG fees for the rest of my life!



Like I've always heard, "It's cheaper to keep 'er!".

Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 7:56pm by Hatamaz


So messed up!

I'm totally buying the most expensive thing on the menu during my next date.


Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 8:14pm by ShindaUsagi


Just a tip:

Learning how to cook can save you from this situation. The catch is you have to cook well Smiley: wink
#44 Jul 02 2013 at 6:23 PM Rating: Excellent
**
598 posts
Hatamaz wrote:
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Hatamaz wrote:
Thayos wrote:
Quote:
Between lawyer fees, PI fees, having to pay for everything for my ex-wife during the divorce, child support, and then my bills I was barely making it month to month during my divorce. Now though, I realize how much money I actually bring home and it's nice! Never again will I let a significant other "take care of the bills".


Not that I was worried about my marriage, but you just preemptively paid for all of my MMORPG fees for the rest of my life!



Like I've always heard, "It's cheaper to keep 'er!".

Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 7:56pm by Hatamaz


So messed up!

I'm totally buying the most expensive thing on the menu during my next date.


Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 8:14pm by ShindaUsagi



There's another way to save money for FFXIV. Don't date ShindaUsagi! Smiley: lol


Smiley: laugh

Quote:
Just a tip:

Learning how to cook can save you from this situation. The catch is you have to cook well Smiley: wink


Indeed. If you're boiling box pasta that better be one seasoned piece of chicken!




Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 8:25pm by ShindaUsagi
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#45 Jul 02 2013 at 6:35 PM Rating: Good
****
6,899 posts
This thread turned hilarious. I'm glad it was kept light-hearted... and somehow became the eharmony of the ZAM forums. Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#46 Jul 02 2013 at 6:41 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
128 posts
Easiest way is to just date a divorcee 10-15 years older than you. (assuming they have a decent job). Cut that down to 5 years if your good-looking (you know who you are).
#47 Jul 02 2013 at 6:44 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
BartelX wrote:
This thread turned hilarious. I'm glad it was kept light-hearted... and somehow became the eharmony of the ZAM forums. Smiley: laugh


Yep. Threads like this restore your faith a bit don't they? Lol


Also my wife wants one of those Scion/Subaru's. she's on their website building her own all the time!! I'm not going to be able to keep her out of the showroom much longer I'm afraid. Smiley: lol
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#48 Jul 02 2013 at 6:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
Indeed. If you're boiling box pasta that better be one seasoned piece of chicken!


There is a downside: in the last 11 months my GF has cooked exactly 3 times...and twice was actually baking, which I don't do.

BartelX wrote:
This thread turned hilarious. I'm glad it was kept light-hearted... and somehow became the eharmony of the ZAM forums. Smiley: laugh


Hilarious right? Smiley: lol
#49 Jul 02 2013 at 6:49 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
262 posts
BartelX wrote:
This thread turned hilarious. I'm glad it was kept light-hearted... and somehow became the eharmony of the ZAM forums. Smiley: laugh



ShindaUsagi's and my first born shall be named Bartel.
#50 Jul 02 2013 at 6:53 PM Rating: Good
****
6,899 posts
Hatamaz wrote:
BartelX wrote:
This thread turned hilarious. I'm glad it was kept light-hearted... and somehow became the eharmony of the ZAM forums. Smiley: laugh



ShindaUsagi's and my first born shall be named Bartel.


If you're just fishing for rate-ups all I have to say is...



well done! You got em. Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#51 Jul 02 2013 at 7:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Hatamaz wrote:
BartelX wrote:
This thread turned hilarious. I'm glad it was kept light-hearted... and somehow became the eharmony of the ZAM forums. Smiley: laugh



ShindaUsagi's and my first born shall be named Bartel.


Anyone else freaked out by the idea of TWO Bartels?!
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 2 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (2)