Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Combat animationsFollow

#1 Jul 04 2013 at 3:57 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
55 posts
If I recall from past interviews it was stated that every race/gender uses the same animations for combat and correct me if i'm wrong but I believe it was also stated the reason boiled down to the amount of time it would take to make unique animations for every race/gender for every class/job. My question is would everyone like to see every race/gender have their own unique style for every job/class?

I personally have nothing against how it is now I think the game looks beautiful and I can't wait to spend more time in the beta exploring and getting a feel for the game. I'm still struggling with what I want to make male or female miqu'te, for me it all boils down to aesthetics how they look in armor and the animations.
____________________________
Ultros server Phoenix Daewyn
Karma Zameleons
#2 Jul 04 2013 at 4:35 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
68 posts
I always did enjoy all the different stances in FFXI. The forms when using weapons gave a glimpse into their personality.
#3 Jul 04 2013 at 4:36 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
655 posts
yes I really want unique casting animation. I loved it in wow when i got bored I would race change or use a "racechange item" and it would feel fresh again. Some animations I loved others I hate. But in ffxiv its all stale because everyone looks the same. :(
#4 Jul 04 2013 at 4:46 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
3,210 posts
Personally I believe, while having unique animations would be nice for each individual race, the luster of that would fade quickly and would be basically forgotten and unnoticed within a week of playing.

I understand why they wouldn't spend the money on unique animations for races.
____________________________
"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever"
Astrid Rayne
22 CNJ
27 WVR
21 BOT
#5 Jul 04 2013 at 4:49 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,010 posts
Unique race animations are important and they should have devoted time to it.
#6 Jul 04 2013 at 5:19 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
55 posts
I agree to most it would be forgotten very quickly, but some people (like me) aesthetics and animations play a big part in picking your character. It gives you a sort of personality for lack of a better word. Does this warrant the money it would require probably not but would be a nice feature if they did decide to add it eventually IMO.
____________________________
Ultros server Phoenix Daewyn
Karma Zameleons
#7 Jul 04 2013 at 8:31 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
412 posts
I always regretted picking hume in FFXI. I liked the way the Elvaans held their guns/bows. That said, the race specific actions would have been a good thing. It's strange I can't seem to care much that they didn't take the time.
#8 Jul 04 2013 at 9:34 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
514 posts
Race specific animations would be great. As one person says they like the Elvaan Battle stance, while the Elvaan battle stance kinda ****** me off, but in a good way lol. I mean how they held there weapons so relaxed like nothing was a challenge for them while Hume had that impatient "Can I Swing now?" battle stance. I liked how each race was distinguished from the other.

Edited, Jul 4th 2013 11:35pm by Demonadrastos
____________________________
DemonAdrastos of Titan(Retired)
PLD83, THF79, NIN85, WAR45, RDM45, SMN31, DRK37, DRG25
Windurst 10, Promathia COMPLETE, Zilart COMPLETE, ToAU 20

Paladin ~ Deimos Adrastos of Behemoth
#9 Jul 05 2013 at 12:20 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
135 posts
I wouldn't go as far as to say "important" since they needed to devote their time to other issues that needed more attention.

Maybe in the future we'll see this.
____________________________
Ultros:

Va'lah Dreadnought
ZAM's Ultros Linkshell Forum Karma Zameleons

This tank likes to nerd-aggro on the forums. Tomahawk--GO!
#10 Jul 05 2013 at 12:42 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,675 posts
Yeah, I'd like more unique animations rather than few; I think most people would agree. But in all honesty I haven't been playing attention to most of the animations. I did notice that the jumping animations are different.

I did like the different animations in FFXI they did add some character to the characters, even though they'd blend in after a while.

The Elvaan race was the most recognizable in how they rode a chocobo and, as it's been mentioned, the (gangster) way they held a crossbow.
#11 Jul 05 2013 at 7:13 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,232 posts
Demonadrastos wrote:
Race specific animations would be great. As one person says they like the Elvaan Battle stance, while the Elvaan battle stance kinda ****** me off, but in a good way lol. I mean how they held there weapons so relaxed like nothing was a challenge for them while Hume had that impatient "Can I Swing now?" battle stance. I liked how each race was distinguished from the other.

Edited, Jul 4th 2013 11:35pm by Demonadrastos

Elvaan summoners looked like they were taking a squat dump though ><
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#12 Jul 05 2013 at 7:21 AM Rating: Excellent
*
153 posts
Phoenixlite wrote:
If I recall from past interviews it was stated that every race/gender uses the same animations for combat and correct me if i'm wrong but I believe it was also stated the reason boiled down to the amount of time it would take to make unique animations for every race/gender for every class/job. My question is would everyone like to see every race/gender have their own unique style for every job/class?

I personally have nothing against how it is now I think the game looks beautiful and I can't wait to spend more time in the beta exploring and getting a feel for the game. I'm still struggling with what I want to make male or female miqu'te, for me it all boils down to aesthetics how they look in armor and the animations.



I certainly enjoy separate animations, however if it's going to come at the expense of latency etc I'm not interested.
#13 Jul 05 2013 at 7:43 AM Rating: Good
***
1,112 posts
ClydesShadow wrote:

I certainly enjoy separate animations, however if it's going to come at the expense of latency etc I'm not interested.


Animations are a client side function, they wont introduce latency.

I'd love to see racial/gender animations in game. They help add a spice of variety, especially in larger groups, when the same things are done a little bit differently by other characters around you.
____________________________
To endanger the soul endangers all,
when the soul is endangered it must become a Warrior.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 100 All times are in CDT
Hyrist, Anonymous Guests (99)