Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Angry Joe interview with a community manager at E3Follow

#1 Jul 07 2013 at 10:45 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
262 posts
Angry Joe just posted his interview from E3 for ARR. I didn't hear any new earth shattering news, but still an interesting video to me and figured some of you might like it as well. The community manager did pique my interest when talking about the raids and how many there are in beta. I'm assuming he's talking about the dungeons, guildhests, and the ifrit fight all added together? That might be around 15 "raids" for beta. I don't know, I could be missing the point entirely. I'm just hoping that he's telling the truth and that there will be a metric crap ton of stuff to run with our group(s) when we go live.

Angry Joe FFXIV E3 interview
#2 Jul 07 2013 at 11:11 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
Overview...

Joe: CAN WE PLAY AS NINJAS?!?!
Fat dude: Um, well, no...

Joe: Omg, my girlfriend LOVES Viera, you can play as them right??
Fat dude: Haha... no.. *starts to sweat*

Joe: GUILD VS GUILD?
Fat dude: H-hah... n-no...

Joe: WELL AT LEAST YOU HAVE CHOCOBO RACING!
Fat dude: Actually we don't have that.

Joe: It's on the Xbox too right???
Fat guy: *vomits and passes out*


Edited, Jul 8th 2013 1:12am by Killua125
#3 Jul 07 2013 at 11:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
262 posts
Killua125 wrote:
Overview...

Joe: CAN WE PLAY AS NINJAS?!?!
Fat dude: Um, well, no...

Joe: Omg, my girlfriend LOVES Viera, you can play as them right??
Fat dude: Haha... no.. *starts to sweat*

Joe: GUILD VS GUILD?
Fat dude: H-hah... n-no...

Joe: WELL AT LEAST YOU HAVE CHOCOBO RACING!
Fat dude: Actually we don't have that.

Joe: It's on the Xbox too right???
Fat guy: *vomits and passes out*


Edited, Jul 8th 2013 1:12am by Killua125


I feel like alot of that stuff will eventually be added at one point. I'm happy to see that they are trying to give the game a solid foundation to work from for future content.

Ninjas? Duh, just one of those jobs too many people want to not add.
The bunny race thing? I dunno, maybe... but they'd have to give people that one time chance to change their current character to one.
guild vs guild? He said there will be leaderboards with pvp, so I'm sure that will be coming soon enough as well
chocobo racing? with the golden saucer coming I figured this is a no brainer at some point
Xbox? The one exception to that list that I don't think will happen.
#4Killua125, Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 11:36 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Just joking around. I just found the interview very awkward.
#5 Jul 08 2013 at 12:21 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
15 Raids ? There will be only two at release, we currently got 7 dungeons in beta
____________________________
MUTED
#6 Jul 08 2013 at 5:14 AM Rating: Decent
Since I can't find this interview elsewhere in this forum I gonna post this here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IheVx68jhec

choco and bunny fight <3

Edited, Jul 8th 2013 10:52am by GelbeDattelwein
#7 Jul 08 2013 at 7:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
57 posts
Killua125 wrote:
I'm guessing Viera actually will get added (probably under a different name) in the first expansion, just based on all the other Final Fantasy crossovers they're doing... seems like an obvious move by them.


Wait, really? Is that a joke too?

Maybe I'm new to Final Fantasy (I didn't think so. Played everyone since FF II (VI) other than IX and XIII-2.) but what's with this story-crossing stuff? I didn't think the worlds were related other than Ivalice?

And they didn't add a new race in XI ever right?
#8 Jul 08 2013 at 7:59 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,386 posts
Ostia wrote:
15 Raids ? There will be only two at release, we currently got 7 dungeons in beta


SE has a very strange definition of "raid."

I've been using the word to mean endgame instances that require multiple parties. They've been using it to mean anything behind an instance portal.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#9 Jul 08 2013 at 9:34 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
262 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Ostia wrote:
15 Raids ? There will be only two at release, we currently got 7 dungeons in beta


SE has a very strange definition of "raid."

I've been using the word to mean endgame instances that require multiple parties. They've been using it to mean anything behind an instance portal.


That's where this guy had me confused. I was thinking the same as you for the definition of raid.
#10Ostia, Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 9:37 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) SE has a retarded definition of "Raid" if you need only 4 people to beat it... Is not a Raid! And it is not End game content.
#11 Jul 08 2013 at 9:54 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
262 posts
Ostia wrote:
Hatamaz wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Ostia wrote:
15 Raids ? There will be only two at release, we currently got 7 dungeons in beta


SE has a very strange definition of "raid."

I've been using the word to mean endgame instances that require multiple parties. They've been using it to mean anything behind an instance portal.


That's where this guy had me confused. I was thinking the same as you for the definition of raid.


SE has a retarded definition of "Raid" if you need only 4 people to beat it... Is not a Raid! And it is not End game content.

They call their dungeons Istanced Raids.... Yet they call their end game content Raids lol



Yeah, I'm hoping it was just this guy being a bumbling dummy when being put on the spot to answer questions, even though that is his job. From now on, only Yoshi-P answers questions!!
#12 Jul 08 2013 at 9:55 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
I've been going with S-E's definition.

Leveling Dungeons: Leveling dungeons that the players can go through in the story or else. Pretty easy to complete. Were in Beta 1-3.

8-Man Dungeons: Your Dzemael Darkhold, Cutter's Cry, and Aurum Vale. Dungeons that require a little more skill than simply fighting your way through.

24-Man Dungeons: Bahamut Labyrinth and Crystal Tower.

I remember they had them in tiers, but I forgot the name of the tiers.

____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#13 Jul 08 2013 at 10:37 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,386 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
I've been going with S-E's definition.

Leveling Dungeons: Leveling dungeons that the players can go through in the story or else. Pretty easy to complete. Were in Beta 1-3.

8-Man Dungeons: Your Dzemael Darkhold, Cutter's Cry, and Aurum Vale. Dungeons that require a little more skill than simply fighting your way through.

24-Man Dungeons: Bahamut Labyrinth and Crystal Tower.

I remember they had them in tiers, but I forgot the name of the tiers.



See, I would call those 4-man dungeons, 8-man dungeons, and raids respectively.

SE's use of the term "instanced raid" seems to apply to all of them... which is confusing to me (probably to any other MMO vets too).
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#14 Jul 08 2013 at 7:29 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
728 posts
Joe interviewed someone from SE regarding 1.0 as well and it seemed just as awkward. Some of his reviews are amusing but he has his head so far stuck up the backside of developers that you have to take them with a grain of salt. He is definitely in reviewing for the money, as you can tell by how much face time he gives himself. He sells himself in hopes of bigger opportunities down the road. He won't really say anything horrible about a game unless the community has already condemned it so he doesn't **** off developers and lose early access to stuff. More power to him for making his living doing something awesome, but it is what it is.

Plus he talked me into buying Guild Wars 2, which after playing for two weeks I could have given a much more informative and objective review of.
____________________________
FFXI: DamienSlvrblade Race: Elvaan Nation: San d'Oria Server: Sylph 2002-2007, Phoenix 2012
PUP WHM PLD MNK BLU BST SAM WAR BLM 99 BRD THF NIN DNC SMN RDM 50+

FFXIV: Damien Scott Race: Duskwight Elezen GC: Limsa Lominsa Server: Ultros
DoW GLA50 ACN50 PUG50 MAR 50 Rest30+
DoH/DoL All 40+
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 111 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (111)