Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Getting PS3 Version Beta Follow

#1 Jul 08 2013 at 8:45 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
79 posts
I am already part of the PC beta from being a V 1.0 CE player I try to register for PS3 Beta and its says I have already recieved a key will that same PC key work for the PS3 Version , or where can I DL PS3 Beta and link my SE account to my PS3 Account so it allows me to play on PS3

THank you
#2 Jul 09 2013 at 5:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
You can't download it unless you have a PS3 download code, it's 12 characters broken into 3 groups of 4.

Edit:

However if you have that code, then yes your SE account will be able to log in to the PS3 version or the PC version.

Edited, Jul 9th 2013 6:57am by Wint
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#3 Jul 09 2013 at 7:03 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
79 posts
yes I recieved a 12 digit code ot enter in for the PC version of Beta where do I go to enter that in on my PS3 or to link my SE account to my PSN account I cant seem to locate it and I really want to play this on PS3
#4 Jul 09 2013 at 7:09 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
11 posts
Just so you know, the ps3 version has a lot of UI issues so I'm sure you'd probably enjoy it more on your computer at the present time.
#5 Jul 09 2013 at 7:10 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
599 posts
If you got the PC code you can only play on PC.

If you got the PS3 code you can play on both. Which did you get?
#6 Jul 09 2013 at 7:19 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Ap0stle234 wrote:
yes I recieved a 12 digit code ot enter in for the PC version of Beta where do I go to enter that in on my PS3 or to link my SE account to my PSN account I cant seem to locate it and I really want to play this on PS3


The PC codes are not 12 chars, they're 20.

There are two types of codes, one to authorize your SE account to access the game (20 characters), the other to download the client for the PS3 (12 characters).
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#7 Jul 09 2013 at 7:41 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
259 posts
Moojesty wrote:
Just so you know, the ps3 version has a lot of UI issues so I'm sure you'd probably enjoy it more on your computer at the present time.

The PS3 version doesn't have any UI issues. I can play it on my PS3 without a hitch.
#8 Jul 09 2013 at 7:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Arnulf wrote:
Moojesty wrote:
Just so you know, the ps3 version has a lot of UI issues so I'm sure you'd probably enjoy it more on your computer at the present time.

The PS3 version doesn't have any UI issues. I can play it on my PS3 without a hitch.


Yeah works fine for me too, if a little grainy after looking at PC goodness.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#9 Jul 09 2013 at 8:20 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
11 posts
really? Something is totally wrong with mine then. Sometimes when I hit start to view the menus... they show up completely off screen. Or, expanding the chat also moves the chat window up, but scrolls the text out of view.
#10 Jul 09 2013 at 8:29 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
79 posts
Okay I think I understand now but the one thing I dont get and forgive me if I am acting dumb or clueless but when I try and register to get PS3 Beta key it says my account is already registered.

Is the only work is to apply with a mad up email or is there another way ?
#11 Jul 09 2013 at 9:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Ap0stle234 wrote:
Okay I think I understand now but the one thing I dont get and forgive me if I am acting dumb or clueless but when I try and register to get PS3 Beta key it says my account is already registered.

Is the only work is to apply with a mad up email or is there another way ?


If your SE account is already registered for the PC version then you don't need to re-register for the PS3 version. To get the PS3 version, you need a 12 character code, then you log in to the PSN, go to Account Management, Redeem Code, then redeem the PS3 code. Then when you launch the game you will need to tie your PSN (Sony) Account with your SE Account (which cannot be undone btw), then you should be able to log in.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#12 Jul 09 2013 at 10:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
725 posts
Ap0stle234 wrote:
Okay I think I understand now but the one thing I dont get and forgive me if I am acting dumb or clueless but when I try and register to get PS3 Beta key it says my account is already registered.

Is the only work is to apply with a mad up email or is there another way ?


I feel your confusion.

1) Go to PSN STORE on PS3 - on left side menu at bottom click on redeem codes - enter in your code and you will be allowed to download the software.
2) Once downloaded and you agree to TOS you will be taken to another screen
3) Enter your SE account information and go to next page.

At some point the software is going to go through the update process after the download process. Since the software is a couple of G's its better if you walk away, clean your whole house, cook a BBQ for all your friends, do the laundry, and then
come back. *wink*
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#13 Jul 09 2013 at 10:58 AM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Adzieboy wrote:
If you got the PC code you can only play on PC.

If you got the PS3 code you can play on both. Which did you get?


Is this true? If so, then I would really like to get the beta running on my PC. I have the PS3 beta code.

Is there a place to download the PC beta client?
#14 Jul 09 2013 at 11:02 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
139 posts
I believe I found the download link in the instructional post on the beta forums. I'll see if I can find a link.

Edit: found the link http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/7065-Download-and-Install-the-FFXIV-ARR-Beta-Test-Software-%28Windows%29

Edited, Jul 9th 2013 1:04pm by Ulman
#15 Jul 09 2013 at 11:07 AM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Thank you very much, rate up!
#16 Jul 09 2013 at 2:29 PM Rating: Default
Sage
**
742 posts
Gnu wrote:
Adzieboy wrote:
If you got the PC code you can only play on PC.

If you got the PS3 code you can play on both. Which did you get?


Is this true? If so, then I would really like to get the beta running on my PC. I have the PS3 beta code.

Is there a place to download the PC beta client?


It's not true. You can read more here!
____________________________
I think you've been smoking the Moko...
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/350413/
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1628942/
http://www.nerdist.com/
Angus of Cerberus (retired)
#17 Jul 10 2013 at 7:20 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
599 posts
AngusX wrote:
Gnu wrote:
Adzieboy wrote:
If you got the PC code you can only play on PC.

If you got the PS3 code you can play on both. Which did you get?


Is this true? If so, then I would really like to get the beta running on my PC. I have the PS3 beta code.

Is there a place to download the PC beta client?


It's not true. You can read more here!


Eh? Your post agrees with what I said.
#18 Jul 10 2013 at 8:38 AM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Adzieboy wrote:
Eh? Your post agrees with what I said.


Not sure what he meant by that, but the download worked perfectly. Thanks again.
#19 Jul 10 2013 at 9:39 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
742 posts
Adzieboy wrote:
AngusX wrote:
Gnu wrote:
Adzieboy wrote:
If you got the PC code you can only play on PC.

If you got the PS3 code you can play on both. Which did you get?


Is this true? If so, then I would really like to get the beta running on my PC. I have the PS3 beta code.

Is there a place to download the PC beta client?


It's not true. You can read more here!


Eh? Your post agrees with what I said.


No, it does not. There is no PC code. There is an FFXIV account code and a code for downloading the beta client from the PSN store. You state that if you got a PC code you can only play on PC. This is not true. Anyone who has an FFXIV account can play on PS3 if they can get the PS3 client. They are separate issues. Let's say you are currently in beta on your PC and you have a friend who has a PS3 AND the FFXIV client already downloaded on their PS3. All you would need to do is go to their house, create a new user (you) and then you would need to create a PSN account in your name. You can then start up the client and link your FFXIV account to the PSN account (needed for trophy system and it is permanent).
edit: sp

Edited, Jul 10th 2013 9:24am by AngusX
____________________________
I think you've been smoking the Moko...
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/350413/
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1628942/
http://www.nerdist.com/
Angus of Cerberus (retired)
#20 Jul 10 2013 at 10:49 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,622 posts
I believe the point was that in the PS3 invite e-mail, there's two codes. The code for use in the SE account gives you the possibility to play on PC. So, if you received an invite for PC, you can't play on PS3 unless you happen to know someone who has the PS3 version. If you received the PS3 invite, you can play both on PC and PS3.
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 108 All times are in CDT
Fynlar, Theonehio, Anonymous Guests (106)