Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

FF XIV ARR not coming to Xbox 360Follow

#52 Jul 10 2013 at 1:19 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
108 posts
Thank god its not coming out for 360! The 360 couldn't even play ffxi right. It would always crash in dyna, beseiged, and ein. There's a bug with the wotg disk where if you crash with it it'll give you a disk read error, so good luck logging back in cuz MS didn't care to fix that.
#53 Jul 10 2013 at 1:46 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
Nashred wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Nashred wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Nashred wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
So there must have been some exception made to allow FFXI to work the way it did. FFXI also didn't require a gold subscription (usually a requirement for online multiplayer). Maybe the same exception couldn't be worked out for XIV?


The difference was Microsoft needed SE at the launch of 360.

It is a crappy policy on Microsoft part and would be huge for FFXIV since allot of Xbox users play FFXI.

W e knew this over a year ago.

Edited, Jul 9th 2013 11:52pm by Nashred


MS does not need SE to launch anything... The 360 Launch was far superior to the PS3 launch... And it had no SE title in it's original Line Up. SE no longer sells consoles, those days are long past Smiley: lol



SE and EA were both on the Sony only They need them on the 360. The original xbox was a failure and they need these companies and like Someone pointed out they need them to help grab the Japanese market which never happened. MS needed allot of help in the beginning. They announced SE games aroundt launch even though there were no launch titles.

Edited, Jul 10th 2013 9:50am by Nashred


The original Xbox was a brand new console/franchise, it was obvious that it would fail to go toe to toe with the PS2, the PS2 had all the developers from the PS1, fast foward to the 360/PS3 era, the Xbox 360 won this this round versus the PS3, they outsold them the entire time, in an inferior console, they made SONY exclusive developers, drop exclusivity, Sony no longer holds the catalog it once did in the PS1-PS2 Era. Microsoft did not need SE to sell it's console, that is a fact, the 360 has outsold the PS3, even when the PS3 is a juggernaut on Japan, and the 360 is not.



Well it is obvious a fan boy here. You are not even reading what I am saying. No where did I say the ps3 out sold the xbox.

I dont want to get into a big console war debate. My point is this time around the gap will be closer and Ms will loose some of its exclusives.

Edited, Jul 10th 2013 12:17pm by Nashred


I am actually a Sony Fan Boy, the first console i bought with my own money was the PS1, i ignored the original Xbox, i only got the 360, because they did offer a better catalog of RPG'S over the PS3. What you said was, that MS needed SE in order to sell the 360.... That is not accurate, is not even close to being true, SE does not sells consoles since the PS1 Era! The 360 Sold millions and millions of units, years before SE even released a title on it.

FFXIII sold 1.9 Million units in the 360, the 360 has sold 77 Million units as of today... Yeah MS needed SE to sell it's console...... LOL!
____________________________
MUTED
#54 Jul 10 2013 at 3:00 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
972 posts
Yup. It's kind of funny because the 360 never ended up taking off in Japan, but you could make the argument that 360 has the better overall JRPG collection just because of Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey.

Teravibe wrote:
Truth be told I liked my 360 as well. Especially the controller for some reason I loved it.


Because the Xbox 360 has one of the most (if not the most) comfortable, ergonomic controller designs ever (but that's not to say it doesn't have issues). The controller design is a big reason that 360 won over the PS3 for such a long time in my opinion.

That's not say that the Dual Shock controller isn't good. It's always done its job and it's good, but people like the feeling of a 360 controller in their hands.

I'm wondering how the PS4 controller is going to feel. It's the same basic design but they worked on the handles and it looks more 360-ish overall. http://blogs-images.forbes.com/erikkain/files/2013/02/controller_01.jpg

Edited, Jul 10th 2013 5:04pm by Killua125
#55 Jul 10 2013 at 3:04 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
Ostia wrote:
Nashred wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Nashred wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Nashred wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
So there must have been some exception made to allow FFXI to work the way it did. FFXI also didn't require a gold subscription (usually a requirement for online multiplayer). Maybe the same exception couldn't be worked out for XIV?


The difference was Microsoft needed SE at the launch of 360.

It is a crappy policy on Microsoft part and would be huge for FFXIV since allot of Xbox users play FFXI.

W e knew this over a year ago.

Edited, Jul 9th 2013 11:52pm by Nashred


MS does not need SE to launch anything... The 360 Launch was far superior to the PS3 launch... And it had no SE title in it's original Line Up. SE no longer sells consoles, those days are long past Smiley: lol



SE and EA were both on the Sony only They need them on the 360. The original xbox was a failure and they need these companies and like Someone pointed out they need them to help grab the Japanese market which never happened. MS needed allot of help in the beginning. They announced SE games aroundt launch even though there were no launch titles.

Edited, Jul 10th 2013 9:50am by Nashred


The original Xbox was a brand new console/franchise, it was obvious that it would fail to go toe to toe with the PS2, the PS2 had all the developers from the PS1, fast foward to the 360/PS3 era, the Xbox 360 won this this round versus the PS3, they outsold them the entire time, in an inferior console, they made SONY exclusive developers, drop exclusivity, Sony no longer holds the catalog it once did in the PS1-PS2 Era. Microsoft did not need SE to sell it's console, that is a fact, the 360 has outsold the PS3, even when the PS3 is a juggernaut on Japan, and the 360 is not.



Well it is obvious a fan boy here. You are not even reading what I am saying. No where did I say the ps3 out sold the xbox.

I dont want to get into a big console war debate. My point is this time around the gap will be closer and Ms will loose some of its exclusives.

Edited, Jul 10th 2013 12:17pm by Nashred


I am actually a Sony Fan Boy, the first console i bought with my own money was the PS1, i ignored the original Xbox, i only got the 360, because they did offer a better catalog of RPG'S over the PS3. What you said was, that MS needed SE in order to sell the 360.... That is not accurate, is not even close to being true, SE does not sells consoles since the PS1 Era! The 360 Sold millions and millions of units, years before SE even released a title on it.

FFXIII sold 1.9 Million units in the 360, the 360 has sold 77 Million units as of today... Yeah MS needed SE to sell it's console...... LOL!


Yes it is true.. More developers equals more games equals more consoles sold. Games sell consoles. If SE never came to the 360 people who like FF or other SE games would have bought ps3's. Thats all I am going to say.
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#56 Jul 10 2013 at 3:22 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
^^^^ I love it when i make people back track, all the while still holding their original argument Smiley: lol

You are now changing your argument to something that is irrelevant, since it did not happened, there is no way to verify if your theory is true of it its false, we can only go by what has happened, SE did not sold the 360 out of stores like Hotcakes. Therefore it it's factually wrong to say MS needed SE to sell it's console.
____________________________
MUTED
#57 Jul 10 2013 at 3:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
Sorry I don't quite follow your argument. What is that you do not agree. That SE played a role in 360 selling a lot of units?

Cause the way I look at it and I guess a lot of people do is that if there is a big title in a console people will go buy the console to play the game. Now if the said title sold a lot of units (here you say 1.9mil not bad) it is safe to say that it did its part for the millions of units the said console sold.

So it is right to say that MS needed SE or any other big company that gave them titles that would sell 2+ million units.

Or is there something I am missing here?
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#58 Jul 10 2013 at 3:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,310 posts
Ostia wrote:
^^^^ I love it when i make people back track, all the while still holding their original argument Smiley: lol

You are now changing your argument to something that is irrelevant, since it did not happened, there is no way to verify if your theory is true of it its false, we can only go by what has happened, SE did not sold the 360 out of stores like Hotcakes. Therefore it it's factually wrong to say MS needed SE to sell it's console.


FFXIII was going to be a PS3 exclusive. In that respect, it was meant to sell PS3s. The real purpose MS lured it to the XBox was to kick Sony in the balls by denying it one of its few exclusives, much like Sony luring Bungee to the PS4 is a kick to MS's balls by stealing one of its exclusive developers. Meanwhile, developers who are jumping out of exclusive arrangements find it more valuable to get more customers with cross-platform games than any cost-saving from sticking with only one.
#59 Jul 10 2013 at 3:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
It seems all the youtube is going crazy with that petitions this guy cracks me up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XXDFzLDrd0 Smiley: lol


Best quote ever!!
Quote:
Let me do some maths for you....they took xbox one and they did a full 180...if they change it again they will do another full 180 and that makes a 360 and i already got one of those piece of sh@ts!
Smiley: lolSmiley: lol

Edited, Jul 10th 2013 5:52pm by Teravibe
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#60 Jul 10 2013 at 4:35 PM Rating: Good
*
173 posts
MS got but hurt over not being able to profit off xboxlive of ffxi players which there were allot of on xbox. ms wants to nickle and dime everyone which is why l4d got a sequel instead of free dlc(if ms was gonna force valve to charge they might as well add a little bit more and charge for a full game). as far as sales go xbox360 actually came in last for overall sales in this generation of consoles. wii was number 1 @ around 100mil units, ps3 was at 78mil and xbox was around 77-77.5mil at last count just before e3
#61 Jul 10 2013 at 5:15 PM Rating: Good
***
1,079 posts
xfillupurcupx wrote:
MS got but hurt over not being able to profit off xboxlive of ffxi players which there were allot of on xbox. ms wants to nickle and dime everyone which is why l4d got a sequel instead of free dlc(if ms was gonna force valve to charge they might as well add a little bit more and charge for a full game). as far as sales go xbox360 actually came in last for overall sales in this generation of consoles. wii was number 1 @ around 100mil units, ps3 was at 78mil and xbox was around 77-77.5mil at last count just before e3



Someone's going to ask you for your source.
____________________________
FFXIV
Articus Vladmir
PLD WHM BRD DRG BLM
#62 Jul 10 2013 at 5:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
Well if wiki can be accounted as a source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Console_wars there you have it. That is for how good any console sold so far.

I do not know how much we can trust wiki on accurate numbers though so if someone has something better he can post it.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#63 Jul 10 2013 at 6:03 PM Rating: Good
***
2,202 posts
Teravibe wrote:
Sorry I don't quite follow your argument. What is that you do not agree. That SE played a role in 360 selling a lot of units?

Cause the way I look at it and I guess a lot of people do is that if there is a big title in a console people will go buy the console to play the game. Now if the said title sold a lot of units (here you say 1.9mil not bad) it is safe to say that it did its part for the millions of units the said console sold.

So it is right to say that MS needed SE or any other big company that gave them titles that would sell 2+ million units.

Or is there something I am missing here?


The 360 was released in 2005, and it was sold out everywhere except in Japan. Final Fantasy XIII was released in 2010..... How did MS needed SE to sell it's console 5 years after the console was release and was a success ? Did SE helped MS sell some Units ? That is questionable, we have no way of knowing how many of those 1.9 millions where new 360 buyers, who bought the console exclusively because XIII was coming to the 360. When the 360 launched there where no SE games in it's line up.... How did MS needed SE to sell it's console when #1 The major SE title was released 5 years after the console was released and #2 when there where no SE titles in the launch 360 Line up ?

Did SE sold and X amount of 360 units ? Probably, did Microsoft NEEDED SE for it's console to succeed ? Not at All.
____________________________
MUTED
#64 Jul 10 2013 at 6:50 PM Rating: Good
**
598 posts
360 sold well for three reasons.

Awesome price point.

Halo. That game was the flagship for the rise of the fps revolution.

Sony dropped a major ball releasing games so slowly.



PS3 was also a victim of the blu-ray war. Not everyone was sold yet on what is now the standard way to watch movies at home. An out of the box web browser long before smart TV's and free online browsing. PS3 was always superior. And when I was still a GameStop manager I said as much when a customer asked.

360 won that generation b/c of their price point and developers reluctance with Sonys software. And again, Halo exclusive alone was epic for the 360.
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#65 Jul 10 2013 at 9:07 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
Ostia wrote:
^^^^ I love it when i make people back track, all the while still holding their original argument Smiley: lol

You are now changing your argument to something that is irrelevant, since it did not happened, there is no way to verify if your theory is true of it its false, we can only go by what has happened, SE did not sold the 360 out of stores like Hotcakes. Therefore it it's factually wrong to say MS needed SE to sell it's console.


No one changed their argument,, Question do you even read ?

Actually don't answer that .. I will just be talking to myself again.


Edited, Jul 10th 2013 11:09pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#66 Jul 11 2013 at 4:03 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
Nashred wrote:
Ostia wrote:
^^^^ I love it when i make people back track, all the while still holding their original argument Smiley: lol

You are now changing your argument to something that is irrelevant, since it did not happened, there is no way to verify if your theory is true of it its false, we can only go by what has happened, SE did not sold the 360 out of stores like Hotcakes. Therefore it it's factually wrong to say MS needed SE to sell it's console.


No one changed their argument,, Question do you even read ?

Actually don't answer that .. I will just be talking to myself again.


Edited, Jul 10th 2013 11:09pm by Nashred


When you go from it NEEDED in order to sell... to "Oh well it probably sold a few units"...... Yeah no argument change there
____________________________
MUTED
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 66 All times are in CST
Theonehio, Anonymous Guests (65)