Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

In-Depth Video on Why FFXIV will fail.Follow

#1 Jul 11 2013 at 6:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
I think he has a point.





Edited, Jul 13th 2013 7:16pm by Wint Lock Thread: This is why we can't have nice things.
____________________________


#2 Jul 11 2013 at 6:53 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
456 posts
i think anyone who believes it will fail before even launched or have been playing it should go rot somewhere... Just my opinion on it
____________________________
Moderator-75thf 75nin 75pld Hume
LS- WanderingTrupaTricks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Diabolos~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mori Oni- 50MNK 20LNC 11GLD Miquote
LS- The Inner Circle
FC- Primal Bane
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ultros~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#3 Jul 11 2013 at 7:05 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,755 posts
^ He didn't watch the video.
#4 Jul 11 2013 at 7:17 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,079 posts
Mmoderator wrote:
i think anyone who believes it will fail before even launched or have been playing it should go rot somewhere... Just my opinion on it


People who respond to the thread but don't read the OP. Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
FFXIV
Articus Vladmir
PLD WHM BRD DRG BLM
#5 Jul 11 2013 at 7:27 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
254 posts
Hyrist wrote:
^ He didn't watch the video.

maybe he didn't watch it because the guy is black
____________________________
Skadi Scion / Ultros Server

formerly Skadisleeves of Lakshmi in FFXI
#6 Jul 11 2013 at 7:54 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Skaditoo wrote:
Hyrist wrote:
^ He didn't watch the video.

maybe he didn't watch it because the guy is black


Smiley: laugh
____________________________


#7 Jul 11 2013 at 8:01 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
972 posts
I see your black FFXIV guy and counter you with THIS black FFXIV guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNm-t9eWSvA

Edited, Jul 11th 2013 10:02am by Killua125
#8 Jul 11 2013 at 8:08 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
456 posts
i didnt watch the video because there was no link to it that is visable to me... I'm not racist at all so that can be thrown out the window....
____________________________
Moderator-75thf 75nin 75pld Hume
LS- WanderingTrupaTricks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Diabolos~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mori Oni- 50MNK 20LNC 11GLD Miquote
LS- The Inner Circle
FC- Primal Bane
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ultros~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#9 Jul 11 2013 at 8:15 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Mmoderator wrote:
i didnt watch the video because there was no link to it that is visable to me... I'm not racist at all so that can be thrown out the window....


Lol, it's joke man, not serious.
____________________________


#10 Jul 11 2013 at 8:32 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
456 posts
i kinda figured haha... but i wasnt about to leave it alone and let those few think that i was...

now i see the video link... before i was on my phone and it wasnt visable...

Edited, Jul 11th 2013 9:34am by Mmoderator
____________________________
Moderator-75thf 75nin 75pld Hume
LS- WanderingTrupaTricks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Diabolos~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mori Oni- 50MNK 20LNC 11GLD Miquote
LS- The Inner Circle
FC- Primal Bane
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ultros~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#11 Jul 11 2013 at 8:41 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
Hehe, that guy's laugh is awesome.
#12 Jul 11 2013 at 8:42 AM Rating: Excellent
******
48,472 posts
Uncle Phil has been getting into the wine again.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#13 Jul 11 2013 at 9:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
3,210 posts
He makes a good point.
____________________________
"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever"
Astrid Rayne
22 CNJ
27 WVR
21 BOT
#14 Jul 11 2013 at 9:59 AM Rating: Default
****
4,134 posts
Mmoderator wrote:
i think anyone who believes it will fail before even launched or have been playing it should go rot somewhere... Just my opinion on it


I thought it would fail before it launched and I was right. I came here to rot. Four point zero muthafawkuh.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#15 Jul 11 2013 at 11:22 AM Rating: Excellent
*
144 posts
His laugh is Gold lol
#16 Jul 11 2013 at 12:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
Hahaha man that guy is awesome!!

I keep watching it over and over again!!

Edited, Jul 11th 2013 2:54pm by Teravibe
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#17 Jul 11 2013 at 12:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
210 posts
Well played, sir.
#18 Jul 11 2013 at 1:35 PM Rating: Default
****
4,134 posts
Truth. Stings don't it.

The sweet delicious irony of a thread about how XIV won't fail... a mere 3 years after it failed. I don't think ARR will fail either to be honest, but at least wait until it launches successfully to gloat about it.

Ahahaha a ha ah a hahaha aha aaaaah! Gotcha Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#19 Jul 11 2013 at 1:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Truth. Stings don't it.

The sweet delicious irony of a thread about how XIV won't fail... a mere 3 years after it failed. I don't think ARR will fail either to be honest, but at least wait until it launches successfully to gloat about it.

Ahahaha a ha ah a hahaha aha aaaaah! Gotcha Smiley: oyvey



Anyone is free to have their opinion of course but bitterness is annoying to be honest.There are many people that didn't play XIV. We only knew it was bad and they had to put it to death. We do not care for it anymore though. We do not see ARR with the thought of XIV on our minds. Any game has the possibility to fail, any game.

People can be hopeful it won't fail. They can make videos and say it wont. Why? Because there are others that condemn ARR because of a different game XIV.

I am free to say that I am almost certain it wont fail like XIV because it isn't XIV.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#20 Jul 11 2013 at 2:26 PM Rating: Default
****
4,134 posts
Teravibe wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Truth. Stings don't it.

The sweet delicious irony of a thread about how XIV won't fail... a mere 3 years after it failed. I don't think ARR will fail either to be honest, but at least wait until it launches successfully to gloat about it.

Ahahaha a ha ah a hahaha aha aaaaah! Gotcha Smiley: oyvey



Anyone is free to have their opinion of course but bitterness is annoying to be honest.


I agree 110%. Problem is, the people who are bitter are the people who rated me into oblivion, not me. I didn't say anything that wasn't accurate. Feelings were hurt apparently.

Teravibe wrote:
People can be hopeful it won't fail. They can make videos and say it wont. Why? Because there are others that condemn ARR because of a different game XIV.

If someone who had never heard of XIV searched for it on youtube and found this video, it would have 0 meaning to them. If they then googled 'XIV fail' for more insight, they'd probably think this guy is a jackass because it did indeed fail.

I am also hopeful that ARR won't fail, but at least make something with some substance. There are scores of videos about ARR beta experience and people comparing what was there in 1.0, what has changed in ARR since then and what their thoughts are. To be honest, I completely expected to see a well though out and put together video along those lines that might actually inspire some confidence. This wasn't it.

As for the bolded, I don't see the logic here. ARR is XIV. Version 1.0 is not version 2.0, but just because WoW patch 4.0 isn't patch 5.0 doesn't mean WoW isn't WoW anymore. ARR is simply the culmination of 3 years of adjustments, new additions, omissions and polish of FFXIV.

I completely understand the reasoning for why you'd want to distance yourself from the shortcomings of FFXIV 1.0, but at the same time; the biggest reason I still have any respect at all for SE as a developer is that they owned up to it, are trying to fix it and have even gone as far as to incorporate the idea of their failing into the name of the game.

Teravibe wrote:
I am free to say that I am almost certain it wont fail like XIV because it isn't XIV.

I live in the US. We're free to say pretty much whatever the **** we want to here. You're also completely free to be in denial about FFXIV: ARR being an update of FFXIV 1.0 if you so desire. I would just point out that if you're trying to make a point, you'll probably want to qualify a statement you make with more than "XIV won't fail because it isn't XIV", especially if you're going to try and account for people who won't have any idea what you're talking about anyway.

If you think the majority of people picking up ARR won't have heard of 1.0, we'll just have to agree to disagree. The only case I can make about that is that most gamers looking to get into an MMO are likely to have heard of the Final Fantasy series before, they're likely to have heard of Final Fantasy XI before as it's the same genre of game and they probably aren't likely to pick up the 14th installment of a game without at least a little background.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#21 Jul 11 2013 at 2:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,310 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Truth. Stings don't it.

The sweet delicious irony of a thread about how XIV won't fail... a mere 3 years after it failed. I don't think ARR will fail either to be honest, but at least wait until it launches successfully to gloat about it.

Ahahaha a ha ah a hahaha aha aaaaah! Gotcha Smiley: oyvey



"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931) American inventor.
#22 Jul 11 2013 at 2:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
FFXIV, Now with more Chocobo Battles!

It's a video. .. 14 reasons to play FFXIV ... just to go along with the op's video:)
____________________________

#23 Jul 11 2013 at 3:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
I didn't even make this thread to troll, but apparently it worked on Filth.



Edited, Jul 11th 2013 5:08pm by Louiscool
____________________________


#24 Jul 11 2013 at 3:21 PM Rating: Decent
****
6,898 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
As for the bolded, I don't see the logic here. ARR is XIV. Version 1.0 is not version 2.0, but just because WoW patch 4.0 isn't patch 5.0 doesn't mean WoW isn't WoW anymore. ARR is simply the culmination of 3 years of adjustments, new additions, omissions and polish of FFXIV.


I guess that's your opinion. In my opinion, after playing XIV 1.0 for several months, and playing this beta quite a bit, they play like completely different games. They have very little in common other than the basic ideas. From one patch to another in WoW, the entire world/gameplay/design/quest structure/craft structure/etc doesn't change. Almost everything in ARR is either completely new to XIV (FATEs, duty finder, world design, etc) or almost completely redesigned (gathering, crafting, storyline, etc). That never happened in WoW, even with the Cataclysm expansion. That never happened in any game really... aside from possibly Star Wars Galaxies...
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#25 Jul 11 2013 at 3:24 PM Rating: Excellent
Beta Phase IV can't get here soon enough! I just want to dive into this game. My wife and a RL friend will be playing, as will several of my old FFXI buddies. Enthusiasm for the game is soaring.

And, PS4!

Just a little longer...
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#26 Jul 11 2013 at 3:39 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Thayos wrote:
Beta Phase IV can't get here soon enough! I just want to dive into this game. My wife and a RL friend will be playing, as will several of my old FFXI buddies. Enthusiasm for the game is soaring.


Because no one knows the Phase 4 start date, no one can really schedule vacation time for it. I expect about 700,000 people are going to be "sick" that day. An epidemic!


#27 Jul 11 2013 at 4:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,755 posts
The dork in me just crated the word Epic-demic.

Also...

About Explosions... (NSFW)

Edited, Jul 11th 2013 6:03pm by Hyrist
#28 Jul 11 2013 at 4:34 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
Oh this thread will be Rich! If the game does Fail! Smiley: lol
____________________________
MUTED
#29FilthMcNasty, Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 4:37 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) FATEs are essentially the same as they are in RIFT and GW2, yet somehow they make FFXIV a new game and not RIFT or GW2? Duty finder is pretty much the dungeon finder tool in WoW, yet again; somehow it makes FFXIV a new game and not WoW? Please try your best to explain this to me.
#30 Jul 11 2013 at 6:09 PM Rating: Excellent
*
153 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
BartelX wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
As for the bolded, I don't see the logic here. ARR is XIV. Version 1.0 is not version 2.0, but just because WoW patch 4.0 isn't patch 5.0 doesn't mean WoW isn't WoW anymore. ARR is simply the culmination of 3 years of adjustments, new additions, omissions and polish of FFXIV.


I guess that's your opinion. In my opinion, after playing XIV 1.0 for several months, and playing this beta quite a bit, they play like completely different games.


I just said that 1.0 plays completely differently from ARR. They're still the same game. They're both FFXIV. I can't even believe we're having this argument.

BartelX wrote:
From one patch to another in WoW, the entire world/gameplay/design/quest structure/craft structure/etc doesn't change.

Bro, do you even WoW? If you don't then I'll let you retract your statement and back away slowly. If so, you should go outside of Orgrimmar more. I could go into detail about what has changed in WoW over the past 3 years, and you'd say it's the same game? Why then would you expect someone to believe that when the same could be said(and it should) for FFXIV, that it's a completely different game? C'mon man, really.

BartelX wrote:
Almost everything in ARR is either completely new to XIV (FATEs, duty finder, world design, etc) or almost completely redesigned (gathering, crafting, storyline, etc).

FATEs and duty finder? Um, no. More on this later...

World design? Put a statue or aetherite in a new spot, replace the copy pasta with landscape that doesn't look the same when you turn around and call it a new game? Sure, I guess I have to concede somewhere. This is about the closest thing you'll get.

Gathering and crafting still serve the same purpose they did in 1.0 and despite changing them, they still result in exactly the same thing.

As for the story, of course it's changed. Would you really expect them to stick to the 3 year old script? Like I said before, SE embracing their failure in 1.0 and actually trying to pivot out of that and into a new and interesting storyline is noteworthy. I won't claim to know everything about Japanese culture, but I would think they would find more honor in redemption rather than sweeping XIV under the rug and acting like it never happened at all.

BartelX wrote:
That never happened in WoW, even with the Cataclysm expansion. That never happened in any game really... aside from possibly Star Wars Galaxies...


FATEs are essentially the same as they are in RIFT and GW2, yet somehow they make FFXIV a new game and not RIFT or GW2? Duty finder is pretty much the dungeon finder tool in WoW, yet again; somehow it makes FFXIV a new game and not WoW? Please try your best to explain this to me.

Edited, Jul 11th 2013 8:03pm by FilthMcNasty


Is it just me or does EVERY SINGLE THREAD on here turn into a ******* match within 10 posts?

It's a hilarious joke, why can't it just be left at that?
#31 Jul 11 2013 at 7:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,825 posts
way to ruin a fun thread guys... I guess I didn't expect anything else... and lolgaxe, you know we're getting old when you have to wonder what percentage of people will get a given reference.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#32 Jul 11 2013 at 7:35 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Perrin wrote:
way to ruin a fun thread guys... I guess I didn't expect anything else... and lolgaxe, you know we're getting old when you have to wonder what percentage of people will get a given reference.


I totally got it and laughed my *** off. Also, Smiley: lol at the Django explosion.

Edited, Jul 11th 2013 9:35pm by Louiscool
____________________________


#33 Jul 11 2013 at 8:58 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
Hyrist wrote:
The dork in me just crated the word Epic-demic.


Ha! If you don't mind, I'll be using this word myself.
#34 Jul 11 2013 at 9:09 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Sorry my opinion riles you up so much Filth. Not really sure why it does, I just respectfully disagree with you on most things. And sorry to quasi-hijack the thread Louis... I really wasn't expecting to have a thesis written over my 1-paragraph post of disagreement. Smiley: lol
#35 Jul 11 2013 at 9:18 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Uncle Phil has been getting into the wine again.


I gotta say this right here wins the Best-Post-of-the-Day award.

Second place is the video itself, which I just keep watching over and over!
#36 Jul 11 2013 at 9:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
**
325 posts
Haha I came into this thread open minded thinking maybe there were logical points. And there was!!! Smiley: nod
____________________________
FFXIV
Name: Z'veagan Brolz
Server: Ultros
Linkshell/FC: Lootwhorindramafest
#37 Jul 12 2013 at 1:24 AM Rating: Default
****
4,134 posts
BartelX wrote:
Sorry my opinion riles you up so much Filth. Not really sure why it does, I just respectfully disagree with you on most things. And sorry to quasi-hijack the thread Louis... I really wasn't expecting to have a thesis written over my 1-paragraph post of disagreement. Smiley: lol


I'm just curious how it's so fluid for you. Post wouldn't have been as long as it was, but almost every sentence was either flat out wrong, contradictory or another example of you holding other MMOs to a standard that FFXIV is somehow immune to. Send me a postcard from bizarro ZAM Smiley: glare
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#38 Jul 12 2013 at 3:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
Gnu wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Uncle Phil has been getting into the wine again.


I gotta say this right here wins the Best-Post-of-the-Day award.

Second place is the video itself, which I just keep watching over and over!

That really was a fresh post. I guess that makes lolgaxe the prince of this thread?
____________________________

#39 Jul 12 2013 at 3:45 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Teneleven wrote:
Gnu wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Uncle Phil has been getting into the wine again.


I gotta say this right here wins the Best-Post-of-the-Day award.

Second place is the video itself, which I just keep watching over and over!

That really was a fresh post. I guess that makes lolgaxe the prince of this thread?



YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH.


I loved the video.

By the way, an MMO doesn't really strive on being original as much as it getting the mechanics right. FFXIV is not 100% innovative, but what it does, it does well. My only concern is that they're able to keep the content coming after launch at a steady pace before players get bored. If they can keep it coming, it'll be far from a failure.

But reading the responses here just leads me to ask just what people expect when they want to play a new MMO. FFXIV 1.0 tried to be too original and all we got was broken overpowered game mechanics and not well thought out ideas that didn't have an evolution over a long based standard just for the sake of being "different and original".


____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#40FilthMcNasty, Posted: Jul 12 2013 at 5:01 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I think can safely say that anyone who had played XI expected it to be at least as good, if not better than that(with time of course). The choice by SE to even develop this game given that XI would easily surpass VII as the highest grossing Final Fantasy game ever was a little suspect, but the thought of something different caught my attention. I don't think it's unfair to have hoped that the game turned out to be fresh and innovative because that's how it was initially presented, but I completely understand why they moved away from that.
#41 Jul 12 2013 at 5:16 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:


I think can safely say that anyone who had played XI expected it to be at least as good, if not better than that(with time of course). The choice by SE to even develop this game given that XI would easily surpass VII as the highest grossing Final Fantasy game ever was a little suspect, but the thought of something different caught my attention.I don't think it's unfair to have hoped that the game turned out to be fresh and innovative because that's how it was initially presented, but I completely understand why they moved away from that.

I looked at the OP in this thread and read "I think he has a point" before watching the video. I figured the title of the video was sarcastic, but I guess I was expecting too much thinking he would actually make a point /shrug


Final Fantasy XI was pretty much Everquest coated in Final Fantasy paint. Of course, it was my first MMO, and I didn't know any different, but they didn't really do too much that was original with FFXI, other than bring the MMO scene to a once-solely single-player franchise, and the support job system. But they fell into a lot of traps and greatly underestimated the power of min-maxing from it's players. (Support jobs that are clearly better choices than others, gear swapping, etc...)

It seems that with FFXIV, they refined what worked with 1.0, you have your classes that work for smaller groups, and jobs which are for a centered role, something that FFXIV 1.0 lacked with its too permissive "innovative/original" class system.

The revamped dev team seem to really know and have done their research on what people like in an MMO, and I hope more innovative ideas come on top, but first they have to have a well done base to go off of, and tying it all together, that's why I think FFXIV won't fail.

Edited, Jul 12th 2013 4:16am by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#42 Jul 12 2013 at 7:00 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,898 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Post wouldn't have been as long as it was, but almost every sentence was either flat out wrong, contradictory or another example of you holding other MMOs to a standard that FFXIV is somehow immune to. Send me a postcard from bizarro ZAM Smiley: glare


Wow... I was pretty sure I specified right at the start of my post that I disagreed with your opinion and then gave my opinion. Sorry, but just because you think you're always right doesn't make it so, and you thinking I'm "flat out wrong" or "contradictory" doesn't mean I am. It's not like you are some gaming guru and when you say something, it's law. You're a poster on zam, just like everyone else. Your biggest credential is "Ha ha, 1.0 sucked and I called it! I'm the best!" I mean seriously, what have you positively contributed to this site in the past year? Anything?

And no, I'm not going to respond to your actual statement, because there's no point. Regardless of what I say, you will just bash it and tell me how wrong I am, so why bother? Now go ahead and claim your "victory" or whatever you want to do to try and bait me into more responses... I'll pass. I'm sick of arguing with you. Goodbye.

Edited, Jul 12th 2013 9:01am by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#43 Jul 12 2013 at 7:04 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
488 posts
I've seen this Carl Winslow video before.

Edited, Jul 12th 2013 9:04am by Mopdaddy
#44 Jul 12 2013 at 8:20 AM Rating: Excellent
****
5,745 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
... I guess I was expecting too much ...

That's the trap most people fall into in general.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#45 Jul 12 2013 at 4:07 PM Rating: Default
****
4,134 posts
BartelX wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Post wouldn't have been as long as it was, but almost every sentence was either flat out wrong, contradictory or another example of you holding other MMOs to a standard that FFXIV is somehow immune to. Send me a postcard from bizarro ZAM Smiley: glare


Wow... I was pretty sure I specified right at the start of my post that I disagreed with your opinion and then gave my opinion. Sorry, but just because you think you're always right doesn't make it so, and you thinking I'm "flat out wrong" or "contradictory" doesn't mean I am. It's not like you are some gaming guru and when you say something, it's law. You're a poster on zam, just like everyone else. Your biggest credential is "Ha ha, 1.0 sucked and I called it! I'm the best!" I mean seriously, what have you positively contributed to this site in the past year? Anything?

And no, I'm not going to respond to your actual statement, because there's no point. Regardless of what I say, you will just bash it and tell me how wrong I am, so why bother? Now go ahead and claim your "victory" or whatever you want to do to try and bait me into more responses... I'll pass. I'm sick of arguing with you. Goodbye.


I'm going to break it down for you slowly so you can keep up...

Quote:
From one patch to another in WoW, the entire world/gameplay/design/quest structure/craft structure/etc doesn't change. Almost everything in ARR is either completely new to XIV (FATEs, duty finder, world design, etc) or almost completely redesigned (gathering, crafting, storyline, etc). That never happened in WoW, even with the Cataclysm expansion. That never happened in any game really... aside from possibly Star Wars Galaxies...


FFXIVwiki wrote:
FATE is a new gameplay mechanic where a large number of players may participate in the same event, regardless of party status.

The "Duty Finder" is a search feature that allows players to form parties for instanced content across different servers


WoWwiki wrote:
The Raid Finder (or “Looking For Raid”, commonly abbreviated as “LFR”), similar to the Dungeon Finder, is a tool that helps players find and join a random or specific raid instance with others. This feature was released in patch 4.3.0(Nov, 2011)


You say that gameplay, world and design don't change in WoW and then you give an example of features ripped directly from other games to try and make that point that XIV is different somehow. FATEs were ripped from RIFT/GW2 as well as WoW to an extent with phasing. Same goes for duty finder/raid finder tools.

It's perfectly OK to make mistakes. Despite you pegging me as the "I'm always right" guy, I have apologized and corrected mistakes I've made in these forums more times than I'd like to admit. If you have an opinion I disagree with I might express that, but if I call you out for being wrong it's because you made a statement that was incorrect; not because I think I'm better than you or know more than you. These discussions take place over the course of days or sometimes weeks. Take your time and think through something before you post it. It'll save you the headache and keep your face free of pie.

I don't do victory dances. I didn't dance when I was right about FFXIV 1.0 failing because I was actually pretty disappointed. I wanted the game to succeed. The only way I consider this a victory at all is if you realize that you can't just make a statement and try to shield it by claiming that it's opinion when it can clearly be proven to be correct or incorrect. Good day sir.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#46 Jul 13 2013 at 2:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
334 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
a wall of text that no one is going to read


Give it up man, no one gives one half of one sh*t about your opinion except you. Go post on the forums of a game that you actually feel optimistic about. It's perfectly legit to **** in your own cheerios everyday, but people tend to get salty when you repeatedly try to **** in theirs.


Edited, Jul 13th 2013 4:11pm by ChaChaJaJa
____________________________
BlueLand wrote:
You can always take a screen shot of the 1017 error and set it to your desktop background, its like playing FFXIV from work
#47 Jul 13 2013 at 2:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,079 posts
I don't think anyone said FFXIV's duty finder and FATES were new to MMOs, just new to FFXIV... The game had a complete overhaul rather than a usual update. Filth, you're fighting a completely different argument than what you have quoted.

ChaChaJaJa... That was completely unneccessary. He isn't puttin down FFXIV. He is disagreeing on certain points. Mostly, peoe thinking FFXIV is new and innovative. There is no Cheerios ****.
____________________________
FFXIV
Articus Vladmir
PLD WHM BRD DRG BLM
#48 Jul 13 2013 at 2:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
334 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
I thought it would fail before it launched and I was right. I came here to rot. Four point zero muthafawkuh.


FilthMcNasty wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Sorry my opinion riles you up so much Filth. Not really sure why it does, I just respectfully disagree with you on most things. And sorry to quasi-hijack the thread Louis... I really wasn't expecting to have a thesis written over my 1-paragraph post of disagreement. Smiley: lol


I'm just curious how it's so fluid for you. Post wouldn't have been as long as it was, but almost every sentence was either flat out wrong, contradictory or another example of you holding other MMOs to a standard that FFXIV is somehow immune to. Send me a postcard from bizarro ZAM Smiley: glare


This right here is ******** and Filth does it in numerous threads. He comes in, finds someone to disagree with, then proceeds to try to prove how right he is. Here's the funny part- sometimes he actually makes good points, but the fact that he literally insists on arguing with people WHO DON"T EVEN WANT TO ARGUE WITH HIM is the part that is so annoying. He's that kid in school who had no friends because he is incapable of letting sh*t go. Newsflash: It's ok for people to see things differently than you. IT'S EVEN OK FOR THEM TO BE WRONG. The world won't explode. But Filth can't live and let live. He feels the need to MAKE PEOPLE SEE THE TRUTH. And he writes manifesto after manifesto on why he is right and the other person is wrong. He thinks he gets rated down by people with rose-colored glasses, when in fact he is actually getting rated into oblivion by people who are sick of having to scroll past his 2000 word legal documents in every ******* thread they click into. Just my 2 cents.


Edited, Jul 13th 2013 4:47pm by ChaChaJaJa
____________________________
BlueLand wrote:
You can always take a screen shot of the 1017 error and set it to your desktop background, its like playing FFXIV from work
#49 Jul 13 2013 at 2:52 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
83 posts
Well, the video made me laugh pretty hard and I'm not even sure why.
This thread is locked
You cannot post in a locked topic!
Recent Visitors: 92 All times are in CDT
Callinon, Hyrist, Karlina, Anonymous Guests (89)