Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Phase 4Follow

#1 Jul 14 2013 at 10:53 AM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
supposedly it was confirmed that Phase 4 starts August 2nd or 8th... in teh nico nico live stream/blog anyone got a link or confirmation about that?
#2 Jul 14 2013 at 11:00 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,649 posts
There's no real confirmation. The Japanese heard it on the livestream and we're just translating it. But it's definitely in August.
____________________________

#3 Jul 14 2013 at 11:14 AM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
so the game launches in august... early access also takes place ni august and phase 4 is in august? tahst way too soon that means open beta will be like one week (unlike the other phases which means pvp will hardly get any rea test time) or early access will be 1-2 days early which is hardly signifigant.

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 12:16pm by DuoMaxwellxx
#4 Jul 14 2013 at 11:23 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,649 posts
Phase 4 is confirmed to only be 1 week, and all of the progress you've made on that character is saved for launch. In ways, Phase 4 -is- early access.

They seem pretty confident that the game is ready to go. While I am worried about PvP testing, we do have that week to check it out, and if it's bugged as all **** I'm confident they'll push back the release date to fix it.

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 12:26pm by HeroMystic
____________________________

#5 Jul 14 2013 at 11:24 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
210 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
so the game launches in august... early access also takes place ni august and phase 4 is in august? tahst way too soon that means open beta will be like one week (unlike the other phases which means pvp will hardly get any rea test time) or early access will be 1-2 days early which is hardly signifigant.

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 12:16pm by DuoMaxwellxx


Someone posted a link here, which was a translated interview with YP. I'm certain he said that p4 is only going to last about a week.
#6 Jul 14 2013 at 11:27 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,957 posts
while phase 4 is technically "early access" phase 4 is open beta which means everyone gets in.. however early access is a pre order bonus which means only those who pre ordered get in so early access should/will most like be separate from phase 4... heh hopefully it starts a week after phase 4 ends but I doubt it
#7 Jul 14 2013 at 11:32 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
210 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
while phase 4 is technically "early access" phase 4 is open beta which means everyone gets in.. however early access is a pre order bonus which means only those who pre ordered get in so early access should/will most like be separate from phase 4... heh hopefully it starts a week after phase 4 ends but I doubt it


Yes, I was specifically speaking about p4, not early access from pre-orders. I'm certain YP said it's about 1 week.
#8 Jul 14 2013 at 12:59 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,709 posts
From what I've caught I'm pretty sure I heard nothing about Phase 4 start period, just dates of the last Benchmark (before Launch) and the next Live Letter date. Given timing, Phase 4 isn't till mid august at the earliest since it's only 1 week and early access a few days after that then launch a few days after that.
____________________________

#9 Jul 14 2013 at 1:41 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
138 posts
Quote:

Okay, so after reading up the summary-so-far on 2ch, from what I gather it's:

August 1st - Character Creation Benchmark
August 8th - Producer Letter Live, in which they'll announce when the start date for Phase 4 is.

Hence, it will seem that Phase 4 will start sometime after that.


Credits to Stanislaw again for translating.

I personally think it will probably start around the 15th.. but who knows Smiley: smile
____________________________

#10 Jul 14 2013 at 2:27 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
In my opinion, they should either hold Beta Phase 4 as soon as possible or delay release until they have complete an extensive Beta Phase 4, since from what i gather from what people around the forum and in beta have said, they are holding 60-70% of the games content in Phase 4... yet only one week to test it ? and they still need to separate time for early release.... That is not enough time to test 60-70% of content of a game, the game is coming together nicely, the worst thing they can do now, is to rush towards the finish line, with bugged content and end game content that is not balanced.
____________________________
MUTED
#11 Jul 14 2013 at 3:23 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,218 posts
HeroMystic wrote:
Phase 4 is confirmed to only be 1 week, and all of the progress you've made on that character is saved for launch. In ways, Phase 4 -is- early access.

They seem pretty confident that the game is ready to go. While I am worried about PvP testing, we do have that week to check it out, and if it's bugged as all **** I'm confident they'll push back the release date to fix it.

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 12:26pm by HeroMystic


They can push back the release of PvP to fix it. Pushing back the entire game for what is so far a very minor feature wouldn't make much sense.
____________________________
"I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Gen. Jack D. Ripper, General, USAF
#12 Jul 14 2013 at 3:25 PM Rating: Good
***
1,218 posts
Ostia wrote:
In my opinion, they should either hold Beta Phase 4 as soon as possible or delay release until they have complete an extensive Beta Phase 4, since from what i gather from what people around the forum and in beta have said, they are holding 60-70% of the games content in Phase 4... yet only one week to test it ? and they still need to separate time for early release.... That is not enough time to test 60-70% of content of a game, the game is coming together nicely, the worst thing they can do now, is to rush towards the finish line, with bugged content and end game content that is not balanced.


Content can be tuned and tweaked as time goes on. It's the core gameplay, client/server, etc that needs to be right before release, and apart from some tweaking of the PS3/Controller interface, the game is ready to go.
____________________________
"I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Gen. Jack D. Ripper, General, USAF
#13 Jul 14 2013 at 3:28 PM Rating: Good
***
1,218 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
while phase 4 is technically "early access" phase 4 is open beta which means everyone gets in.. however early access is a pre order bonus which means only those who pre ordered get in so early access should/will most like be separate from phase 4... heh hopefully it starts a week after phase 4 ends but I doubt it


Yoshi has already said the plan is to end P4, and several days later, start early access. That's how it's going to work. If you do P4 and didn't pre order then you'll be waiting several weeks to play again, if you pre ordered, you'll be waiting several days after P4.
____________________________
"I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Gen. Jack D. Ripper, General, USAF
#14 Jul 14 2013 at 4:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,709 posts
Ostia wrote:
In my opinion, they should either hold Beta Phase 4 as soon as possible or delay release until they have complete an extensive Beta Phase 4, since from what i gather from what people around the forum and in beta have said, they are holding 60-70% of the games content in Phase 4... yet only one week to test it ? and they still need to separate time for early release.... That is not enough time to test 60-70% of content of a game, the game is coming together nicely, the worst thing they can do now, is to rush towards the finish line, with bugged content and end game content that is not balanced.


QA team..pretty much all of Square ENIX working on it..? Just because we're not testing it all day everyday doesn't mean it just sits there collecting dust till next test period.
____________________________

#15 Jul 14 2013 at 4:27 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
16 posts
im sad my phase 3 character will be deleted .. we had such a good time .. i really enjoyed the game and cant wait to play again .. i think its pretty much ready to launch and im sure that even after launch they will still be tweaking and fine tuning for months and months to come .. it is a huge game
#16 Jul 14 2013 at 5:09 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
488 posts
Guys remember P4 is separate from early access.
#17 Jul 14 2013 at 6:47 PM Rating: Good
****
5,745 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
Yoshi has already said the plan is to end P4, and several days later, start early access. That's how it's going to work. If you do P4 and didn't pre order then you'll be waiting several weeks to play again, if you pre ordered, you'll be waiting several days after P4.

Based on what I've read, early access is going to be one week. So the difference isn't going to be "weeks" vs "days" (unless it's 2 weeks vs 7 days).
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#18 Jul 14 2013 at 7:07 PM Rating: Decent
*
210 posts
I will be on vacation during open beta (But in Tokyo, maybe I'll try visit the SE studios). I return August 20th. Hopefully for the start of early access. I read that pre-order bonuses are a "first come, first serve" thing, is this true?
#19Ostia, Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 7:18 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Yes the entire company is working on this game.... Please stop talking nonsense.
#20 Jul 14 2013 at 7:21 PM Rating: Decent
*
55 posts
If I played back at original launch a few years ago but only paid for a few months do I have to buy the game again? If not do I get early access?
#21 Jul 14 2013 at 7:26 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
elevens wrote:
If I played back at original launch a few years ago but only paid for a few months do I have to buy the game again? If not do I get early access?


You do not need to buy the game again, as for early access only legacy players and pre-purchases got it, did you pay 3 months concurrently ?
____________________________
MUTED
#22 Jul 14 2013 at 7:30 PM Rating: Decent
*
55 posts
Ostia wrote:
elevens wrote:
If I played back at original launch a few years ago but only paid for a few months do I have to buy the game again? If not do I get early access?


You do not need to buy the game again, as for early access only legacy players and pre-purchases got it, did you pay 3 months concurrently ?


I cant remember to be honest I can probably find that on the SE account page though, thanks for the clarity on buying the game though
#23 Jul 14 2013 at 7:41 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
66 posts
elevens wrote:
Ostia wrote:
elevens wrote:
If I played back at original launch a few years ago but only paid for a few months do I have to buy the game again? If not do I get early access?


You do not need to buy the game again, as for early access only legacy players and pre-purchases got it, did you pay 3 months concurrently ?


I cant remember to be honest I can probably find that on the SE account page though, thanks for the clarity on buying the game though


I would hope that they would also allow early access to those who bought the original CE.
#24 Jul 14 2013 at 8:03 PM Rating: Default
*
173 posts
here's a question for you guysso i dont have to make a whole new thread for a release related question. im running the closed beta now will be doing the open beta when it is dropped. so say i have the open beta client when release hits will i just be able to update what is already installed on my ps3 input my reg codes and game on, and if i can does anyone know if i could just use the pc ce digital dl reg code to set myself up on ps3.

basically i want the ce but is no more available for pre order on ps3 which is what i plan on playing on.
#25 Jul 14 2013 at 8:11 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
xfillupurcupx wrote:
here's a question for you guysso i dont have to make a whole new thread for a release related question. im running the closed beta now will be doing the open beta when it is dropped. so say i have the open beta client when release hits will i just be able to update what is already installed on my ps3 input my reg codes and game on, and if i can does anyone know if i could just use the pc ce digital dl reg code to set myself up on ps3.

basically i want the ce but is no more available for pre order on ps3 which is what i plan on playing on.


Yes if you are running beta right now, there will be an update on release that will allow you access the game, as for the PC/PS3 i am not 100% sure, but i believe you can.
____________________________
MUTED
#26 Jul 14 2013 at 8:14 PM Rating: Default
*
173 posts
cool, thanks. if worse comes to worse i will just instal and sign in on my pc 1st time, i just didnt want to have to get a ps3 disc on top of the pc CE.
#27 Jul 14 2013 at 8:25 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
Well i am 100% sure that after you have your character created, you can log into it from PC and PS3, but before that i am not 100% sure, but you should be able to.
____________________________
MUTED
#28 Jul 14 2013 at 9:04 PM Rating: Decent
Guru
***
1,310 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
HeroMystic wrote:
Phase 4 is confirmed to only be 1 week, and all of the progress you've made on that character is saved for launch. In ways, Phase 4 -is- early access.

They seem pretty confident that the game is ready to go. While I am worried about PvP testing, we do have that week to check it out, and if it's bugged as all **** I'm confident they'll push back the release date to fix it.


They can push back the release of PvP to fix it. Pushing back the entire game for what is so far a very minor feature wouldn't make much sense.


It's not a minor feature. For a great many people, it's the difference between "I'm going to cancel my subscription for a few months until they add something interesting," and "I'm going to kick your *** in the arena for the next few months until they add something interesting."
#29 Jul 14 2013 at 10:46 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,218 posts
Xoie wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:
HeroMystic wrote:
Phase 4 is confirmed to only be 1 week, and all of the progress you've made on that character is saved for launch. In ways, Phase 4 -is- early access.

They seem pretty confident that the game is ready to go. While I am worried about PvP testing, we do have that week to check it out, and if it's bugged as all **** I'm confident they'll push back the release date to fix it.


They can push back the release of PvP to fix it. Pushing back the entire game for what is so far a very minor feature wouldn't make much sense.


It's not a minor feature.


It's not even in the game yet, and we're going into open beta. So you're right, it's not a minor feature, it's LESS than a minor feature. It's literally a non existent feature.

The fact that it may be important to you doesn't mean it's an important feature over all, it means it's an important feature to you. Take a step back, take the emotional reaction out of it, and use your brain. No one said you can't care about it, but what I said, which is accurate, is that it's a minor feature at this point.

Read the comments here and elsewhere. Most people really like the game even though we have no idea if the PvP will be any good at all. Even though it hasn't had one second of testing or even internal gameplay footage demonstrated so far. If PvP were considered a core feature of the game, it would have been in the game by now. That's not to say it won't eventually be awesome, but come on, if you can't admit what's completely obvious then you have a problem.

Quote:

For a great many people, it's the difference between "I'm going to cancel my subscription for a few months until they add something interesting," and "I'm going to kick your *** in the arena for the next few months until they add something interesting."


So because maybe 5-10% of the player base will absolutely not play it for a month or two if they aren't able to get it working perfectly right away, it makes sense to push back the entire release so the other 90-95% of the player base can't play either? You don't see the slight flaw in that reasoning?




Edited, Jul 15th 2013 12:55am by KarlHungis
____________________________
"I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Gen. Jack D. Ripper, General, USAF
#30 Jul 14 2013 at 10:51 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,218 posts
svlyons wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:
Yoshi has already said the plan is to end P4, and several days later, start early access. That's how it's going to work. If you do P4 and didn't pre order then you'll be waiting several weeks to play again, if you pre ordered, you'll be waiting several days after P4.

Based on what I've read, early access is going to be one week. So the difference isn't going to be "weeks" vs "days" (unless it's 2 weeks vs 7 days).


It's at least 10 days (3 days or so between the end of P4 and early access, plus early access). Call it a week, call it two weeks, whatever makes you happy I guess. The point is there's going to be a big gap in between if you didn't pre order for early access.
#31 Jul 14 2013 at 11:11 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
Xoie wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:
HeroMystic wrote:
Phase 4 is confirmed to only be 1 week, and all of the progress you've made on that character is saved for launch. In ways, Phase 4 -is- early access.

They seem pretty confident that the game is ready to go. While I am worried about PvP testing, we do have that week to check it out, and if it's bugged as all **** I'm confident they'll push back the release date to fix it.


They can push back the release of PvP to fix it. Pushing back the entire game for what is so far a very minor feature wouldn't make much sense.


It's not a minor feature.


It's not even in the game yet, and we're going into open beta. So you're right, it's not a minor feature, it's LESS than a minor feature. It's literally a non existent feature.

The fact that it may be important to you doesn't mean it's an important feature over all, it means it's an important feature to you. Take a step back, take the emotional reaction out of it, and use your brain. No one said you can't care about it, but what I said, which is accurate, is that it's a minor feature at this point.

Read the comments here and elsewhere. Most people really like the game even though we have no idea if the PvP will be any good at all. Even though it hasn't had one second of testing or even internal gameplay footage demonstrated so far. If PvP were considered a core feature of the game, it would have been in the game by now. That's not to say it won't eventually be awesome, but come on, if you can't admit what's completely obvious then you have a problem.

Quote:

For a great many people, it's the difference between "I'm going to cancel my subscription for a few months until they add something interesting," and "I'm going to kick your *** in the arena for the next few months until they add something interesting."


So because maybe 5-10% of the player base will absolutely not play it for a month or two if they aren't able to get it working perfectly right away, it makes sense to push back the entire release so the other 90-95% of the player base can't play either? You don't see the slight flaw in that reasoning?




Edited, Jul 15th 2013 12:55am by KarlHungis


Your logic is mind blowing.... End Game Content is not even in the game yet and we are going into open beta.... Must be a minor feature Smiley: lol
____________________________
MUTED
#32 Jul 14 2013 at 11:24 PM Rating: Good
****
5,745 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
svlyons wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:
Yoshi has already said the plan is to end P4, and several days later, start early access. That's how it's going to work. If you do P4 and didn't pre order then you'll be waiting several weeks to play again, if you pre ordered, you'll be waiting several days after P4.

Based on what I've read, early access is going to be one week. So the difference isn't going to be "weeks" vs "days" (unless it's 2 weeks vs 7 days).


It's at least 10 days (3 days or so between the end of P4 and early access, plus early access). Call it a week, call it two weeks, whatever makes you happy I guess. The point is there's going to be a big gap in between if you didn't pre order for early access.

It does make me happy. :P
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#33 Jul 14 2013 at 11:45 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,218 posts
Ostia wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:
Xoie wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:
HeroMystic wrote:
Phase 4 is confirmed to only be 1 week, and all of the progress you've made on that character is saved for launch. In ways, Phase 4 -is- early access.

They seem pretty confident that the game is ready to go. While I am worried about PvP testing, we do have that week to check it out, and if it's bugged as all **** I'm confident they'll push back the release date to fix it.


They can push back the release of PvP to fix it. Pushing back the entire game for what is so far a very minor feature wouldn't make much sense.


It's not a minor feature.


It's not even in the game yet, and we're going into open beta. So you're right, it's not a minor feature, it's LESS than a minor feature. It's literally a non existent feature.

The fact that it may be important to you doesn't mean it's an important feature over all, it means it's an important feature to you. Take a step back, take the emotional reaction out of it, and use your brain. No one said you can't care about it, but what I said, which is accurate, is that it's a minor feature at this point.

Read the comments here and elsewhere. Most people really like the game even though we have no idea if the PvP will be any good at all. Even though it hasn't had one second of testing or even internal gameplay footage demonstrated so far. If PvP were considered a core feature of the game, it would have been in the game by now. That's not to say it won't eventually be awesome, but come on, if you can't admit what's completely obvious then you have a problem.

Quote:

For a great many people, it's the difference between "I'm going to cancel my subscription for a few months until they add something interesting," and "I'm going to kick your *** in the arena for the next few months until they add something interesting."


So because maybe 5-10% of the player base will absolutely not play it for a month or two if they aren't able to get it working perfectly right away, it makes sense to push back the entire release so the other 90-95% of the player base can't play either? You don't see the slight flaw in that reasoning?




Edited, Jul 15th 2013 12:55am by KarlHungis


Your logic is mind blowing.... End Game Content is not even in the game yet and we are going into open beta.... Must be a minor feature Smiley: lol


Compared the actual game systems, mechanics, client/server interaction, etc, "end game" IS unimportant for launch. They're not going to push back a hard release date if it's not all finished, in fact, "end game" is going to he added as the game goes along. The idea that the game is going to be complete with all content available at release is just not true. So I'm not sure what part of my logic is all that mind blowing.


Edited, Jul 15th 2013 1:46am by KarlHungis
____________________________
"I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Gen. Jack D. Ripper, General, USAF
#34 Jul 15 2013 at 12:44 AM Rating: Decent
**
259 posts
PvP is only being tested in P4. Its not expected to be in game till 2.1. If phase 4 reveals PvP is in bad shape, it will get pushed back from 2.1. There's no need to hold back the game for it.
#35 Jul 15 2013 at 7:08 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
488 posts
Arjuncorpse wrote:
PvP is only being tested in P4. Its not expected to be in game till 2.1. If phase 4 reveals PvP is in bad shape, it will get pushed back from 2.1. There's no need to hold back the game for it.


PvP +Controller= horrible
I am predicting it now a controller targeting is already bad enough.
#36 Jul 15 2013 at 7:14 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
Ostia wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:
Xoie wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:
HeroMystic wrote:
Phase 4 is confirmed to only be 1 week, and all of the progress you've made on that character is saved for launch. In ways, Phase 4 -is- early access.

They seem pretty confident that the game is ready to go. While I am worried about PvP testing, we do have that week to check it out, and if it's bugged as all **** I'm confident they'll push back the release date to fix it.


They can push back the release of PvP to fix it. Pushing back the entire game for what is so far a very minor feature wouldn't make much sense.


It's not a minor feature.


It's not even in the game yet, and we're going into open beta. So you're right, it's not a minor feature, it's LESS than a minor feature. It's literally a non existent feature.

The fact that it may be important to you doesn't mean it's an important feature over all, it means it's an important feature to you. Take a step back, take the emotional reaction out of it, and use your brain. No one said you can't care about it, but what I said, which is accurate, is that it's a minor feature at this point.

Read the comments here and elsewhere. Most people really like the game even though we have no idea if the PvP will be any good at all. Even though it hasn't had one second of testing or even internal gameplay footage demonstrated so far. If PvP were considered a core feature of the game, it would have been in the game by now. That's not to say it won't eventually be awesome, but come on, if you can't admit what's completely obvious then you have a problem.

Quote:

For a great many people, it's the difference between "I'm going to cancel my subscription for a few months until they add something interesting," and "I'm going to kick your *** in the arena for the next few months until they add something interesting."


So because maybe 5-10% of the player base will absolutely not play it for a month or two if they aren't able to get it working perfectly right away, it makes sense to push back the entire release so the other 90-95% of the player base can't play either? You don't see the slight flaw in that reasoning?




Edited, Jul 15th 2013 12:55am by KarlHungis


Your logic is mind blowing.... End Game Content is not even in the game yet and we are going into open beta.... Must be a minor feature Smiley: lol


Compared the actual game systems, mechanics, client/server interaction, etc, "end game" IS unimportant for launch. They're not going to push back a hard release date if it's not all finished, in fact, "end game" is going to he added as the game goes along. The idea that the game is going to be complete with all content available at release is just not true. So I'm not sure what part of my logic is all that mind blowing.


Edited, Jul 15th 2013 1:46am by KarlHungis


End Game IS Uninportant on Release ? Smiley: laughSmiley: laughSmiley: laugh
____________________________
MUTED
#37 Jul 15 2013 at 8:03 AM Rating: Good
***
3,448 posts
KarlHungis wrote:

Compared the actual game systems, mechanics, client/server interaction, etc, "end game" IS unimportant for launch. They're not going to push back a hard release date if it's not all finished, in fact, "end game" is going to he added as the game goes along. The idea that the game is going to be complete with all content available at release is just not true. So I'm not sure what part of my logic is all that mind blowing.


Edited, Jul 15th 2013 1:46am by KarlHungis


While there are some games that can get away with sparse (or no) endgame content at release, ARR is not one of them. The reason for that is quite simple:

Legacy players exist.

This is the only MMO to launch with a built-in supply of max level players out of the gate. There has to be something for them to do at their own level.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#38 Jul 15 2013 at 8:06 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
488 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
Ostia wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:
Xoie wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:
HeroMystic wrote:
Phase 4 is confirmed to only be 1 week, and all of the progress you've made on that character is saved for launch. In ways, Phase 4 -is- early access.

They seem pretty confident that the game is ready to go. While I am worried about PvP testing, we do have that week to check it out, and if it's bugged as all **** I'm confident they'll push back the release date to fix it.


They can push back the release of PvP to fix it. Pushing back the entire game for what is so far a very minor feature wouldn't make much sense.


It's not a minor feature.


It's not even in the game yet, and we're going into open beta. So you're right, it's not a minor feature, it's LESS than a minor feature. It's literally a non existent feature.

The fact that it may be important to you doesn't mean it's an important feature over all, it means it's an important feature to you. Take a step back, take the emotional reaction out of it, and use your brain. No one said you can't care about it, but what I said, which is accurate, is that it's a minor feature at this point.

Read the comments here and elsewhere. Most people really like the game even though we have no idea if the PvP will be any good at all. Even though it hasn't had one second of testing or even internal gameplay footage demonstrated so far. If PvP were considered a core feature of the game, it would have been in the game by now. That's not to say it won't eventually be awesome, but come on, if you can't admit what's completely obvious then you have a problem.

Quote:

For a great many people, it's the difference between "I'm going to cancel my subscription for a few months until they add something interesting," and "I'm going to kick your *** in the arena for the next few months until they add something interesting."


So because maybe 5-10% of the player base will absolutely not play it for a month or two if they aren't able to get it working perfectly right away, it makes sense to push back the entire release so the other 90-95% of the player base can't play either? You don't see the slight flaw in that reasoning?




Edited, Jul 15th 2013 12:55am by KarlHungis


Your logic is mind blowing.... End Game Content is not even in the game yet and we are going into open beta.... Must be a minor feature Smiley: lol


Compared the actual game systems, mechanics, client/server interaction, etc, "end game" IS unimportant for launch. They're not going to push back a hard release date if it's not all finished, in fact, "end game" is going to he added as the game goes along. The idea that the game is going to be complete with all content available at release is just not true. So I'm not sure what part of my logic is all that mind blowing.


Edited, Jul 15th 2013 1:46am by KarlHungis

Problem being you are saying this so matter of fact when it is actually very wrong. Mind blowing is pretty much true but not b.c you're correct.


Legacy players already 50, also how fast people level you need end game content in any game early on if you want to survive. People will be 50 by the end of the week.

Edited, Jul 15th 2013 10:08am by Mopdaddy
#39 Jul 15 2013 at 8:12 AM Rating: Good
***
1,218 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:

Compared the actual game systems, mechanics, client/server interaction, etc, "end game" IS unimportant for launch. They're not going to push back a hard release date if it's not all finished, in fact, "end game" is going to he added as the game goes along. The idea that the game is going to be complete with all content available at release is just not true. So I'm not sure what part of my logic is all that mind blowing.


Edited, Jul 15th 2013 1:46am by KarlHungis


While there are some games that can get away with sparse (or no) endgame content at release, ARR is not one of them. The reason for that is quite simple:

Legacy players exist.

This is the only MMO to launch with a built-in supply of max level players out of the gate. There has to be something for them to do at their own level.


Not to be snarky, but Legacy players are getting a big discount, and they have already proven that they'll pay money for an incomplete game on the promise of future improvement. It would be pretty strange for Legacy players to quit at game's release because the content they want is a month or two from being released.

More to the point though, "end game" isn't a feature, it's just a description of whatever the latest/highest level content happens to be. If there's one level 50 dungeon then there's technically "end game" and if there are 10 of them, there will still be some people who feel that end game is incomplete.

I'm absolutely sure that there is end game content which has been tested internally already, just like higher level job skills, storyline and side quests, etc. Whether or not such content is perfect... well I doubt it, because that usually requires mass testing and then polish and tweaks. But the same thing will be true when the game is live and they patch stuff in later. I seriously doubt they are going to hold up the game's release for anything at this point.
____________________________
"I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Gen. Jack D. Ripper, General, USAF
#40 Jul 15 2013 at 8:13 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,898 posts
Ostia wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:
Compared to the actual game systems, mechanics, client/server interaction, etc, "end game" IS unimportant for launch. They're not going to push back a hard release date if it's not all finished, in fact, "end game" is going to he added as the game goes along. The idea that the game is going to be complete with all content available at release is just not true. So I'm not sure what part of my logic is all that mind blowing.


Edited, Jul 15th 2013 1:46am by KarlHungis


End Game IS Uninportant on Release ? Smiley: laughSmiley: laughSmiley: laugh


Read the bolded part... it was in comparison to other aspects. I think endgame is very important, but I tend to agree that it's not as important as the other issues mentioned. And for all non-legacy players, having all endgame content at launch isn't crucial, since they don't walk into the game at 50.

From a legacy standpoint, having some endgame in is important, but as a poster above me said, if legacies were willing to pay for the game when it was incomplete, I think they'll be ok with not having every ounce of endgame content in at launch. As long as there is something to wet their whistle (which it has already been stated there will be), that should be good enough for them.

Edited, Jul 15th 2013 10:16am by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#41 Jul 15 2013 at 8:24 AM Rating: Good
***
1,218 posts
Mopdaddy wrote:

Problem being you are saying this so matter of fact when it is actually very wrong. Mind blowing is pretty much true but not b.c you're correct.


Legacy players already 50, also how fast people level you need end game content in any game early on if you want to survive. People will be 50 by the end of the week.

Edited, Jul 15th 2013 10:08am by Mopdaddy


People who rush at breakneck speed to level 50 are also going to rush at breakneck speed through level 50 content. Catering to them is a losing proposition no matter what. It's like planning a menu around the needs of a competitive eater.

I agree that the more content they have at end game, the better it is for the game. I just disagree with the notion that they're going to push back the game because they don't have a particular encounter or dungeon finished.

What I stated matter of factly is a matter of fact. If people don't understand what I am saying then I take responsibiity for not being clear about my meaning, but I still stand by it. The game elements that could reasonably cause the game to be delayed are nailed down already. There are no show stopping bugs. The things that people think might delay the game won't delay the game.

If you want to place a bet about whether the game goes live, on the scheduled launch day, I'll be happy to bet you. 100,000 gil, payable on the winner's server?

If not, then what are we even talking about?
____________________________
"I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Gen. Jack D. Ripper, General, USAF
#42 Jul 15 2013 at 9:11 AM Rating: Excellent
****
5,745 posts
I'm curious. What kind of "end game" content did FFXI have at launch? Was it basically just Serktet/Simurgh/Roc until Zilart was released?
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#43 Jul 15 2013 at 9:23 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,709 posts
Ostia wrote:
Theonehio wrote:
Ostia wrote:
In my opinion, they should either hold Beta Phase 4 as soon as possible or delay release until they have complete an extensive Beta Phase 4, since from what i gather from what people around the forum and in beta have said, they are holding 60-70% of the games content in Phase 4... yet only one week to test it ? and they still need to separate time for early release.... That is not enough time to test 60-70% of content of a game, the game is coming together nicely, the worst thing they can do now, is to rush towards the finish line, with bugged content and end game content that is not balanced.


QA team..pretty much all of Square ENIX working on it..? Just because we're not testing it all day everyday doesn't mean it just sits there collecting dust till next test period.


Yes the entire company is working on this game.... Please stop talking nonsense.


You're the only one here that talks nonsense most of the time but that's a different story. Yoshida has confirmed numerous times they've pulled in more than just the online division to work on ARR, it's a company wide effort because it's to save a game in their flagship series.

If you can't comprehend what company wide effort means, I have nothing left to say.
____________________________

#44 Jul 15 2013 at 9:26 AM Rating: Good
***
3,448 posts
svlyons wrote:
I'm curious. What kind of "end game" content did FFXI have at launch? Was it basically just Serktet/Simurgh/Roc until Zilart was released?


Irrelevant. Besides the fact that FFXI released without any max level players, it also took a LONG time for players to reach max level. Plenty of development time there.

It would also be helpful if, in general, people (not just you) would please stop using FFXI as a point of reference for development of a new MMO. FFXI was released in 2002. This is 2013, over a decade later. There are tens of millions more MMO players now than there were then. The standards are different, the market is different, the players are different. FFXI is not a good reference point for the release of a new game (or the re-release in this case).

Quote:
Not to be snarky, but Legacy players are getting a big discount, and they have already proven that they'll pay money for an incomplete game on the promise of future improvement. It would be pretty strange for Legacy players to quit at game's release because the content they want is a month or two from being released.


I agree it'd be strange for them to quit at release after what they've already done. I also think that SE has a vested interest in keeping these players around, which will not happen if they're bored.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#45 Jul 15 2013 at 9:38 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
Theonehio wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Theonehio wrote:
Ostia wrote:
In my opinion, they should either hold Beta Phase 4 as soon as possible or delay release until they have complete an extensive Beta Phase 4, since from what i gather from what people around the forum and in beta have said, they are holding 60-70% of the games content in Phase 4... yet only one week to test it ? and they still need to separate time for early release.... That is not enough time to test 60-70% of content of a game, the game is coming together nicely, the worst thing they can do now, is to rush towards the finish line, with bugged content and end game content that is not balanced.


QA team..pretty much all of Square ENIX working on it..? Just because we're not testing it all day everyday doesn't mean it just sits there collecting dust till next test period.


Yes the entire company is working on this game.... Please stop talking nonsense.


You're the only one here that talks nonsense most of the time but that's a different story. Yoshida has confirmed numerous times they've pulled in more than just the online division to work on ARR, it's a company wide effort because it's to save a game in their flagship series.

If you can't comprehend what company wide effort means, I have nothing left to say.


If this game fails it also could possibly be the end of SE as we know it. With the huge losses they have had for the last year or so. This game has to make it..


Edited, Jul 15th 2013 11:41am by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#46 Jul 15 2013 at 9:43 AM Rating: Decent
******
48,723 posts
Nashred wrote:
If this game fails it also could be the end of SE as we know it.
Ha ha, no. They'll continue churning out mediocre Final Fantasies for all time, along with arcade machines, cheap social games, and have their mitts in television and comics and such. The most that'll happen is they'll keep out of the MMO market.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#47 Jul 15 2013 at 9:43 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:

Compared the actual game systems, mechanics, client/server interaction, etc, "end game" IS unimportant for launch. They're not going to push back a hard release date if it's not all finished, in fact, "end game" is going to he added as the game goes along. The idea that the game is going to be complete with all content available at release is just not true. So I'm not sure what part of my logic is all that mind blowing.


Edited, Jul 15th 2013 1:46am by KarlHungis


While there are some games that can get away with sparse (or no) endgame content at release, ARR is not one of them. The reason for that is quite simple:

Legacy players exist.

This is the only MMO to launch with a built-in supply of max level players out of the gate. There has to be something for them to do at their own level.


I think some people for get this.
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#48 Jul 15 2013 at 9:45 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
Theonehio wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Theonehio wrote:
Ostia wrote:
In my opinion, they should either hold Beta Phase 4 as soon as possible or delay release until they have complete an extensive Beta Phase 4, since from what i gather from what people around the forum and in beta have said, they are holding 60-70% of the games content in Phase 4... yet only one week to test it ? and they still need to separate time for early release.... That is not enough time to test 60-70% of content of a game, the game is coming together nicely, the worst thing they can do now, is to rush towards the finish line, with bugged content and end game content that is not balanced.


QA team..pretty much all of Square ENIX working on it..? Just because we're not testing it all day everyday doesn't mean it just sits there collecting dust till next test period.


Yes the entire company is working on this game.... Please stop talking nonsense.


You're the only one here that talks nonsense most of the time but that's a different story. Yoshida has confirmed numerous times they've pulled in more than just the online division to work on ARR, it's a company wide effort because it's to save a game in their flagship series.

If you can't comprehend what company wide effort means, I have nothing left to say.


Actually most of the time you talk most of the nonsense around here, you specifically said the entire company was working on this game..... Then you say well they have put a few more people than the online division... That is not the entire company, thanks for correcting your self.
____________________________
MUTED
#49 Jul 15 2013 at 9:49 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Nashred wrote:
If this game fails it also could be the end of SE as we know it.
Ha ha, no. They'll continue churning out mediocre Final Fantasies for all time, along with arcade machines, cheap social games, and have their mitts in television and comics and such. The most that'll happen is they'll keep out of the MMO market.



You cant turn out anything with no money. They predict A loss of a 134 million last quarter which is better than before and the same quarter the year before they lost 143 million. That is not a little bit of money for a game company with 4 losses in a row like that. Plus I do not know how long they have been loosing money like that, I only went back a year.

Believe me I don't want them to fail but eventually they have to pay the piper all that money back. What will happen is the company will be broken up and the FF franchise sold off. We would still see ff series but by someone else because that franchise is still worth some money.

I predict that FFXIV will succeed and hope it is enough save the company. FFXIV is a big part of that loss but it is not the only thing contributing to it.




Edited, Jul 15th 2013 12:00pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#50 Jul 15 2013 at 9:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
Theonehio wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Theonehio wrote:
Ostia wrote:
In my opinion, they should either hold Beta Phase 4 as soon as possible or delay release until they have complete an extensive Beta Phase 4, since from what i gather from what people around the forum and in beta have said, they are holding 60-70% of the games content in Phase 4... yet only one week to test it ? and they still need to separate time for early release.... That is not enough time to test 60-70% of content of a game, the game is coming together nicely, the worst thing they can do now, is to rush towards the finish line, with bugged content and end game content that is not balanced.


QA team..pretty much all of Square ENIX working on it..? Just because we're not testing it all day everyday doesn't mean it just sits there collecting dust till next test period.


Yes the entire company is working on this game.... Please stop talking nonsense.


You're the only one here that talks nonsense most of the time but that's a different story. Yoshida has confirmed numerous times they've pulled in more than just the online division to work on ARR, it's a company wide effort because it's to save a game in their flagship series.

If you can't comprehend what company wide effort means, I have nothing left to say.


Just don't reply back to him that's the best way. Just let it be. He thinks everything anyone else says is opinion and what he says is fact.

Edited, Jul 15th 2013 12:01pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#51Ostia, Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 9:56 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) End game content is the most important feature in an MMO in 2013, next to the combat system which is 90% of what you will be involved doing in an MMO, nobody cares about chocobo racing or housing, not as much as people care about End game content, nobody will stop playing if this game does not has chocobo racing, housing, but people will drop this game like a rock or any other game, if End game Content is subpar, why do you think Swotor Failed ? It did everything else right... But not end game... I really do not understand this notion that some posters have, that since this is a Final Fantasy titled game, it's immune to certain faults other games have failed for, yet this game FAILED already... Legacy players are waiting for this game to deliver, they have stuck around for this moment, if the game does not delivers do you really think 100% of them are going to stick around 6 more months or over a year for the game to deliver ? This is it for this game, is either go big or go home, they already played their "We are sorry we will fix this game" card....
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 71 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (71)