Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Inner Quiet?Follow

#1 Jul 15 2013 at 1:49 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
728 posts
Just wondering what this ability does and what exactly Control is.

"Grants a bonus to control with every increase in quality." is the tooltip definition.
____________________________
FFXI: DamienSlvrblade Race: Elvaan Nation: San d'Oria Server: Sylph 2002-2007, Phoenix 2012
PUP WHM PLD MNK BLU BST SAM WAR BLM 99 BRD THF NIN DNC SMN RDM 50+

FFXIV: Damien Scott Race: Duskwight Elezen GC: Limsa Lominsa Server: Ultros
DoW GLA50 ACN50 PUG50 MAR 50 Rest30+
DoH/DoL All 40+
#2 Jul 15 2013 at 2:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
Control determines how much quality you add every time you use a Touch ability.

Inner Quiet keeps boosting this for each success (does not have to be chain successes) until you cancel the buff with Rumination.
#3 Jul 15 2013 at 2:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
**
352 posts
Control is the stat for crafters that give a higher % when you increase the quality when crafting, that ability when used will give you more control when you increase the quality witch will increase the % in the quality bar

So if my control is 100 and that gives me 4% when i use "Fine touch" (this ability just means you raise the quality) my bar will go up 4%, i then use inner quite and that raises the control by 15, so since my control is 115 that makes my quality % go to 5% each time i use fine touch. Does that make sense? Oh and all the numbers are just made up, to help explain it
____________________________
Goblin: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2192910/
Beastmaster ~<3 Cant wait.
Gold smithing till the day i die!
#4 Jul 15 2013 at 2:18 PM Rating: Decent
IMFW wrote:
Oh and all the numbers are just made up,

The numbers are all just made up and don't matter, just like a moogle **** in a hurriance!

I watched too much Who's Line....
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#5 Jul 15 2013 at 2:24 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
**
352 posts
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
IMFW wrote:
Oh and all the numbers are just made up,

The numbers are all just made up and don't matter, just like a moogle **** in a hurriance!

I watched too much Who's Line....


lol, now i cant stop reading everything in Drew Carrys voice
____________________________
Goblin: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2192910/
Beastmaster ~<3 Cant wait.
Gold smithing till the day i die!
#6 Jul 15 2013 at 2:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
IMFW wrote:
Control is the stat for crafters that give a higher % when you increase the quality when crafting, that ability when used will give you more control when you increase the quality witch will increase the % in the quality bar

So if my control is 100 and that gives me 4% when i use "Fine touch" (this ability just means you raise the quality) my bar will go up 4%, i then use inner quite and that raises the control by 15, so since my control is 115 that makes my quality % go to 5% each time i use fine touch. Does that make sense? Oh and all the numbers are just made up, to help explain it


It actually doesn't raise by percentage. (Yes, I realize you made up the numbers.) It raises by a set number of points (that's probably influenced by the recipe difficulty).

If you try using Basic Touch in level 20+ gear and compared how much gets filled numerically in a level 1 recipe and a level 20ish recipe rather than by percentage, you'll find that the numbers are a lot closer. The level one recipes have a 312 Quality (or so) while the higher level ones have ~700 or ~1000 or ~1100. That's why if you're finding that you can regularly pump out 150+ quality on each Touch, you can pretty much go back to the lower level recipes and turn any remaining level 1 components into HQ subcomponents easily.
#7 Jul 15 2013 at 3:25 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
352 posts
Ravashack wrote:
IMFW wrote:
Control is the stat for crafters that give a higher % when you increase the quality when crafting, that ability when used will give you more control when you increase the quality witch will increase the % in the quality bar

So if my control is 100 and that gives me 4% when i use "Fine touch" (this ability just means you raise the quality) my bar will go up 4%, i then use inner quite and that raises the control by 15, so since my control is 115 that makes my quality % go to 5% each time i use fine touch. Does that make sense? Oh and all the numbers are just made up, to help explain it


It actually doesn't raise by percentage. (Yes, I realize you made up the numbers.) It raises by a set number of points (that's probably influenced by the recipe difficulty).

If you try using Basic Touch in level 20+ gear and compared how much gets filled numerically in a level 1 recipe and a level 20ish recipe rather than by percentage, you'll find that the numbers are a lot closer. The level one recipes have a 312 Quality (or so) while the higher level ones have ~700 or ~1000 or ~1100. That's why if you're finding that you can regularly pump out 150+ quality on each Touch, you can pretty much go back to the lower level recipes and turn any remaining level 1 components into HQ subcomponents easily.



Oh i thought the higher control the higher the % is for each fine touch, so control helps lower the number you need to get 100%?
____________________________
Goblin: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2192910/
Beastmaster ~<3 Cant wait.
Gold smithing till the day i die!
#8 Jul 15 2013 at 3:38 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
IMFW wrote:
Ravashack wrote:
IMFW wrote:
Control is the stat for crafters that give a higher % when you increase the quality when crafting, that ability when used will give you more control when you increase the quality witch will increase the % in the quality bar

So if my control is 100 and that gives me 4% when i use "Fine touch" (this ability just means you raise the quality) my bar will go up 4%, i then use inner quite and that raises the control by 15, so since my control is 115 that makes my quality % go to 5% each time i use fine touch. Does that make sense? Oh and all the numbers are just made up, to help explain it


It actually doesn't raise by percentage. (Yes, I realize you made up the numbers.) It raises by a set number of points (that's probably influenced by the recipe difficulty).

If you try using Basic Touch in level 20+ gear and compared how much gets filled numerically in a level 1 recipe and a level 20ish recipe rather than by percentage, you'll find that the numbers are a lot closer. The level one recipes have a 312 Quality (or so) while the higher level ones have ~700 or ~1000 or ~1100. That's why if you're finding that you can regularly pump out 150+ quality on each Touch, you can pretty much go back to the lower level recipes and turn any remaining level 1 components into HQ subcomponents easily.



Oh i thought the higher control the higher the % is for each fine touch, so control helps lower the number you need to get 100%?


No.

Control determines how much Quality goes into the Quality Bar when you use a Touch ability. The next time you look at a tradeskill recipe, look at the bottom right. It'll give you a number. For a level 1 recipe, you should see something like 0/312. For a level 20 recipe, you'll see something more like 0/990 or something in that range.

So I take my level 30 weaver in his level 25-29 tradeskill clothes. My control is 178, and I take two recipes...let's say Dew Thread (level 24ish?) and Hempen Thread (level 1).

I use Basic Touch in Dew Thread, I will gain probably ~120 so Quality. But it needs something like ~1300 Quality to fill the bar. So that 120 is only filling < 10% of the quality bar.

I use Basic Touch with the same character in Hempen Thread and, for convenience sake in explanation, let's say I still get the same +~120 Quality. The Hempen Thread only requires 312 Quality to hit 100%, so now I've actually gained 38% of the Quality bar in one shot.

The next time you tradeskill, switch to the Battle Window. It displays your gains in numerical format, not percentage. (These are the same numbers you see floating away from you when you succeed.)
#9 Jul 15 2013 at 4:21 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
352 posts
Yeah i had a brain ****, i mixed some stuff up in my head, thanks for takeing the time to explain!
____________________________
Goblin: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2192910/
Beastmaster ~<3 Cant wait.
Gold smithing till the day i die!
#10 Jul 15 2013 at 4:28 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
197 posts
Every recipe has 3 fixed component values:
Durability: How many "adjustments" you can make to the recipe (synthesis & touch)
Progress: How much "completion" you need to finish the recipe (from synthesis)
Quality: How much bonus EXP & HQ chance you have for the recipe (from touch)

The more craftsmanship you have, the more progress each synthesis ability generates. Basic Synthesis is your basic progress button (duh!) for "100%" of your progress value. Other synthesis abilities (depending on particular DoH) progress by varying percentages of this base. These can be found in the tooltip for each ability. The level of the recipe has a MAJOR effect on how much progress you generate. To take the above example, Basic Progress on Dew Thread may generate 20 progress, but on Hempen Thread may generate 35 progress. (random numbers)

The more control you have, the more quality each touch ability generates. Basic Touch is your basic quality button for 100% of your quality value. Other touch abilities (depending on particular DoH) increase quality by varying percentages of this base. These can be found in the tooltip for each ability. The level of the recipe has a MINOR effect on how much quality you generate. To take the above example again, Basic Touch on Dew Thread may generate 50 quality, but on Hempen Thread may generate 55 quality. (random numbers) The other thing to note is that Quality is not a linear relationship with HQ chance (its exponential, afaik from eyeballing it). You can fill up 50% of the quality bar for a synth, and still only have 15% HQ chance.

The 3rd category of abilities is what Inner Quiet falls into - "others," which manipulate Durability, Control, CP etc. It increases Control for each successful Touch ability. So the more you "touch" the recipe, the better your next touch becomes.

That last sentence felt a little wrong ...
#11 Jul 15 2013 at 4:37 PM Rating: Good
carmelita wrote:
So the more you "touch" the recipe, the better your next touch becomes.

____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#12 Jul 15 2013 at 4:50 PM Rating: Excellent
*
232 posts
IMFW wrote:
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
IMFW wrote:
Oh and all the numbers are just made up,

The numbers are all just made up and don't matter, just like a moogle **** in a hurriance!

I watched too much Who's Line....


lol, now i cant stop reading everything in Drew Carrys voice


Speaking of Whose Line Is It Any Way?, guess what returns tomorrow night? Now excuse me while I do my happy dance.
____________________________
Don Fletcher (Ultros)
#13 Jul 15 2013 at 4:56 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
carmelita wrote:
So the more you "touch" the recipe, the better your next touch becomes.



Uhn Tiss, Uhn Tiss, Uhn Tiss, baby.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 82 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (82)