Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

PS3 Beta I want to go play PC betaFollow

#1 Jul 16 2013 at 7:23 PM Rating: Decent
*
90 posts
Is this possible?

I have the Beta Key, is there a way to download the PC beta and use the PS3 beta key (not the key used to download the game on the PS3 but the real beta key) and enjoy it?


thanks in advance for the help.
#2 Jul 16 2013 at 7:34 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
68 posts
Talking about the actual Beta registration code that it comes with, not the PS3 download code? I believe you can.

The new client coming out for Phase 4 isn't out yet from what I understand.
#3 Jul 16 2013 at 7:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Phase 4 is open beta as well, codes are irrelevant.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#4 Jul 16 2013 at 7:47 PM Rating: Decent
*
90 posts
Wint wrote:
Phase 4 is open beta as well, codes are irrelevant.



That's right.. I forgot about that part.

thank you.
#5 Jul 16 2013 at 7:48 PM Rating: Default
*
90 posts
DRGx wrote:
Talking about the actual Beta registration code that it comes with, not the PS3 download code? I believe you can.

The new client coming out for Phase 4 isn't out yet from what I understand.



check reading skills I actually said specifically it wasn't that code.
#6 Jul 16 2013 at 8:24 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
68 posts
HaibaneRenmei wrote:
DRGx wrote:
Talking about the actual Beta registration code that it comes with, not the PS3 download code? I believe you can.

The new client coming out for Phase 4 isn't out yet from what I understand.



check reading skills I actually said specifically it wasn't that code.



Wow guy Lol. Aside from the codes being irrelevant now, it would still work as stated. You would be able to play on both platforms.
#7 Jul 16 2013 at 8:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
HaibaneRenmei wrote:
DRGx wrote:
Talking about the actual Beta registration code that it comes with, not the PS3 download code? I believe you can.

The new client coming out for Phase 4 isn't out yet from what I understand.



check reading skills I actually said specifically it wasn't that code.


No need to be a ********* The code won't work anymore, but he's right, you get two codes for PS3, the code to redeem on the PSN, and the code to authorize your SE account to access the beta.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#8 Jul 17 2013 at 4:44 PM Rating: Decent
*
90 posts
/facepalm

It's actually funny that in my first post I said "not the code that lets you download the game on the PS3" and now two people explained to me that there are two codes.


/sigh.
#9 Jul 17 2013 at 4:51 PM Rating: Good
***
1,622 posts
We are deeply sorry to disappoint you. As paid representative of Square-Enix customer support, we have failed to our duties. It is truly shameful.
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#10 Jul 17 2013 at 5:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
HaibaneRenmei wrote:
/facepalm

It's actually funny that in my first post I said "not the code that lets you download the game on the PS3" and now two people explained to me that there are two codes.


/sigh.


My point is that the code you're referring to authorizes your SE account to play the beta on any platform. I didn't think I had to spell that out. Go to the beta forums and download the PC client whenever the Phase 4 details are released.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 92 All times are in CDT
Callinon, Theonehio, Anonymous Guests (90)