Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

grand company equipment bonusesFollow

#1 Jul 17 2013 at 9:27 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
20 posts
I'm not quite sure how they work. Says like "Maelstrom uniform:equip 2" etc. I had like 2-3 pieces and not sure if i had the bonus. is there certain requirements for it to proc?
____________________________
Tom Sly
#2 Jul 17 2013 at 9:36 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
I saw that I got the bonuses once I had a couple equipped.
#3 Jul 17 2013 at 9:37 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
20 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
I saw that I got the bonuses once I had a couple equipped.

yeah, i noticed i had it at one point, but then at another i didn't.... just not sure how it procs
____________________________
Tom Sly
#4 Jul 17 2013 at 9:37 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Going from memory, when you have multiple pieces equipped, the text that says what the bonus is should be bold. They could probably do with changing the text color, too, in order to make the indication more clear.
____________________________
Banh
#5 Jul 17 2013 at 9:43 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
20 posts
Spoonless wrote:
Going from memory, when you have multiple pieces equipped, the text that says what the bonus is should be bold. They could probably do with changing the text color, too, in order to make the indication more clear.

yeah, like when it was activated it was bold green, but i'm just saying i don't know how it was activated since it wasn't activated all the time.
____________________________
Tom Sly
#6 Jul 17 2013 at 9:54 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Did you see how your stats changed when that happened? Maybe the gear got damaged and needed to be repaired. Dropping the bonus some or taking it away completely?
#7 Jul 17 2013 at 10:13 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
20 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
Did you see how your stats changed when that happened? Maybe the gear got damaged and needed to be repaired. Dropping the bonus some or taking it away completely?

nah, i've had full repair and didn't see it. don't recall though the exact scenario when it was active, i just knew it was from my stats and the bold green on the items.
____________________________
Tom Sly
#8 Jul 17 2013 at 10:34 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
TommySly wrote:
Spoonless wrote:
Going from memory, when you have multiple pieces equipped, the text that says what the bonus is should be bold. They could probably do with changing the text color, too, in order to make the indication more clear.

yeah, like when it was activated it was bold green, but i'm just saying i don't know how it was activated since it wasn't activated all the time.


The only other real explanation, if it wasn't gear damage, would be some kind of bug, because I know that as long as you have 2 equipped (or however many for the set bonus), you will always get the set bonus unless gear is at 0% or you are level synced below the level of the gear. I tested it a bunch w/ GC gear.

Edited, Jul 17th 2013 2:09pm by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#9 Jul 17 2013 at 11:12 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
488 posts
You will lose the bonus if you go into a Duty below the gear level or Fate sync below the level. That is the only time I saw it change +10 to spell speed bonus.
#10 Jul 17 2013 at 11:47 AM Rating: Decent
*
125 posts
Bout to go to sleep, but was gonna just add to the discussion before I go. At one point I was wearing, Grand company axe, body, hands, belt, ring, feet, legs, and hat... now this is 8 peices... but for some reason, I wasn't getting my stat bonuses. But, when I took off my belt, and went down to 7 pieces, I got all my stats. I don't know why this was the case, but I eventually took off my grand company belt, and replaced it with a dungeon belt, and ended up getting all my stats...

I also noticed that if i took off the belt I got my stat bonus, and if i put the belt on, and took off the ring I got all my stat bonuses, but not with them both on. So I sacrificed the belt for the ring, and just wore another belt. Don't know why 8 pieces were to much... Maybe its a cap or something.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 90 All times are in CDT
Adzieboy, Theonehio, Anonymous Guests (88)